Will this be the best Star Wars movie ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lames.s.
Will this be the best Star Wars movie ever? This movie/story is the one most of us fans have been waiting for, however for me it will be tough to beat The Empire Strikes Back.

BOB Yup its me
Empire Strikes back was nothing compaired to Attack of the Clones or at least to me. ESB was only about and hour of really just talk hardly any good action. Hopefully Episode III will be the best with better fights, better script, better everything. I just wanna see some better Padme and Anakin scenes and maybe even a little conflict between the two. All in all, I hope it kicks butt.

Darth Hater
Empire Strikes Back will always be the best of both trilogy's combined.

that being said,i think episode 3 could be 3rd or 4th best star wars movie

could be being the key words

Lames.s.
If Episode III is done "right". It ought to be the best.

Darth Hater
i really doubt it'll be the best

Darth Hater
as far as fight scenes and special effects go,then yes...definatly

Lames.s.
Seeing the first two, I have to agree. ESB was an awesome movie.

Lames.s.
I think this one will be much better because the bulk of the story is already in place. GL doesnt have to find much filler. If he doesnt try to add too much this movie will be great.

Darth Hater
ESB is amazing

i dont think that many films to date will be able to touch episode 3 as far as fight scenes and special effects go let alone other star wars films

Lames.s.
I agree, the only thing I am really worried about is the story getting butchered by trying to tell too much extra stuff.

Darth Hater
same here

but i think GL will pull it off well

Darth Hater
or hoping anyway...

Lames.s.
This should be the easiest of the prequils to pull off.

vvvrulz
Cant agree with you more. The story is there, The execution needs work. I'm pleading that Lucas doesn't pull off one of his specials. More wooden acting we dont need.. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/frown.gif

vvvrulz
Haha oops. ive made a meal of the smiley too.

StarWars_Fan
From all the spoilers i am reading about Episode III, so far it is sounding like it is going to be the best SW movie ever, but i still like the other SW movies as well.

Lames.s.
This movie is gonna be great

KOkid
Yeah this movie will be great, but it will have to be incredible in order to beat out Empire, regardless about how cool the effects are it still boils down to how good the story is, otherwise it's just eye candy, and ESB is one of the best stories ever. The shock value of finding out Vader is Luke's father alone is gonna be hard, if not impossible to top! Having said that if done right if could be a close second; its definitely one of the most compelling stories (from what we know has to happen) of the six. ESB was just so dark and such a tremendous story, even without the fancy effects. Remember its the story that made the OP so popular, even if the effects were groundbreaking (at the time).

Lucas Sucks!
it will never surpass the originals
no matter what they do... they dont have interesting characters to play with... the only beleavable char of the new ones is obi one... the others are so flat... there is no way to make them redim themselves in just one movie...

AnakinFan
Lucas made a major mistake filming the last three first. No way can Lukes saber fighting scenes compare to the fighting scenes of even a Darth Maul, let alone a Mace or Anakin.

People blast Natalie and Hayden for being flat. It's not them it's Lucas. Harrison, Carrie and Scot was just as flat if not worse. Dialogue is not Lucas's thing, he excells in special effects and story telling.

I think this one will be better b/c Hayden and Ewan fought to do some their own dialogue. If they actually get to act, and Lucas doesn't try to screw up the love scenes we might have a chance at a really good movie. WE HAVE VADER!! LAVA PITS, OBI WAN BATTLE SCENES - IT'S GOT TO BE THE BEST!!!

yerssot
it could be a good one yes

El Toro De Brah
We can only hope....

KOkid
I got no problems with the acting, I just don't think the stories are as good, They will always apeal to US because we love the OT and we want to see how everything is "formed", but, at least to me, I don't think I would be as big a fan if they were done in order, at least not until I had seen them all...I and II are just as good a story...

mephistodesigns
i like these stories better. I'm much more interested in the fall of the Jedi and the Republic. It lets you see more of the galaxy. Over all, I like both trilogies about the same at this point. With every viewing the prequels get better to me. Its hard to really enjoy them right now because most people watch them and try to figure out III while they do so its sort of distracting. I think that once they've all been out for a few years and we've really absorbed them, we'll enjoy them a lot more.

KOkid
I

KOkid
I agree Meph, but I think to OT would have been better if better technology had been available to GL..

Captain REX
Agreed. I think Episode III will be very close to that ranking.

mephistodesigns
definetly KO. Just look at the difference in ESB SE. Bespin is so much better looking. It always bothered me that with such a beautiful view, the place would be so closed up. I think there's a LOT he would do differently if he were making them in order. Some of the things he wanted to do were awesome. Like in ANH, Vader was supposed to be shown meeting with the Emperor on Coruscant (there are McQuarrie concept paintings of Vader walking to one of the main towers). I'd like to see this added in on the DVD's. They'll have a suit, they'll have McDermod (or however you spell his name, the emperor actor guy) and all the cgi models of coruscant. This would be a big plus for fans. He wanted to show Alderaan too. There are paintings of it as well and I've heard rumors of a scene being added of Jimmy Smits staring a the Death Star hanging like a moon (but I've also heard GL isn't messing w/OT anymore so who knows). ROTJ was supposed to have its end battle on the wookiee homeworld instead of Ewoks but didn't have the effects. I think the OT-at least visually-would have been a lot better with the new effects. But who knows if he'd have been as focused on the story with all the visuals he'd want to cram in. Sometimes less is more, but for consistencies sake, I'd like to see more. A LOT more.

Dirty Vader
Listen guys, Dirty Vader does not share your optimistic approval of the situation.
I have been optimistic about Episodes I and II before they came out and look at what they turned up to be.
I'm afraid that I have a bad feeling about episode III, especially if Han
and Chewbacca turn up.

Rogue Jedi
the best? doubtful if anything can top ep. 5.....the most anticipated? yes.

mephistodesigns
no Han, just Chewie. they ain't joined at the hip YET.

vvvrulz
It can be the best, but it has equally chances to be the worst. And ESB is quite hard to beat.

queeq
I doubt it's as bad as TPM... And we have no way of knowing. If AOTC is the standard for the PT, ESB and ANH will never be beat.

finti
true that

BackFire
I can't see it being better then any of the originals.

yerssot
with the recent rumors, my hopes have gone done messed

vvvrulz
Agreed sick

Dirty Vader
yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.