USH'S MATRIX GAME- Agent Intelligence Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
This thread serves a very specific purpose. It is for the gathering of data about Agents.

As the game starts, whilst I know some of you have included Agents in your backgrounds, my idea is that all each of you really know about Agents is what in the real world you have seen in the films. As in, you know they can dodge bullets, hit hard, leap from person to person etc. but you have no details about any of it- you do not have the Agent 'Manual' in the way I have provided complete details as to how YOU guys fight. You can always look up what move an opponent in the Dojo does and identify it. With Agents you don't have a clue.

However, the more you experience Agents- and that is a very dangerous thing to do so it is nice to have SOME reward- the more you will learn about them. And everything you learn about them, you and I can place here.

Information about Agents comes under three categories

1. General Operation- how they work and how they go about things. You know a little of this already.

2. Stats. Just what ARE an Agent's stats and skills compared you yours?

3. Powers. As noted elsewhere Agents do not know Kung Fu. They are programmed with their own, very direct fighting style. Hence, Agents do not have Paths, they instead have Agent Powers.

If you like, you can prefer to see this as them having one single Path- The Path of the Unstoppable Machine. It has many powers.

Whenever I use an Agent power I will simply name it and tell you what just happened, I won't give the details. But if you ever spot me using one I have not used before- ask me what it is here, and I shall reveal it to you! Except for its cost- you have no way of discerning that.

Any questions about Agents, ask them here but I will not answer everything. I think it might also be fun for people to SPECULATE over what Agents can do.

Do remember the basic advice Dallas gave you though- whilst you must run from an Agent, they are not unstoppable instant killing machines of death! I would not bother for a system for them if they were- I would just say you were dead as soon as one got near you. You are not, I DO have a system and you can fight, so long as you don't try and win...

Ushgarak
1. General Operation

Agents cannot exist independantly in the system. When they insert themselves for direct intervention, they overwrite an existing mind pattern in the Matrix. Obviously, this only works for people plugged into the System. When Agents so 'load' themselves threy come with all their basic equipment regardless of what the overwritten person was doing. Whilst they do not do it often, Agents CAN leave a mind pattern if they so wish, leaving it confused but unharmed.

Agents are equipped with Desert Eagle .50 AE pistols that carry quite a punch. They do not appear to carry spare clips. But whenever they overwrite a person they come with a new gun fully loaded.

Agents have programme senses rather than human ones which makes them very acute at, effectively, seeing and hearing. They also have a highly tuned danger sense which allows them to realise when they are under threat. This is not an infinite resource- Agents can be distracted by existing threats and not sense new ones. Also, Agents may have superior sense equivalents but they do not appear to be able to see through walls and the like- you can hide from them.

Agents need guidance just as you do. Their earpieces connect them to the Source which guides their actions as Operators guide yours. The Matrix, however, is a VERY complex programme, and a search operation takes time for the System to complete. The Source does not know all things that are happening at all times; only someone they have 'bugged' can be instantly found. However, whilst an Agent has you in visual range, the Source will continually keep ALL Agents appraised as to your location.

Agents tend to operate in teams of 3. It is unclear whether they always have a leader.

Agents are Artificially Intelligent Life Forms, NOT pre-programmed machines. Whilst they think in machine ways they are fully realised beings like you or I. Whilst they have little need to, they are fully capable of intelligent conversation. They enjoy their work and often enjoy gloating over defeated humans. They have an enormous superiority complex.

However, this means that whilst Agents all look roughly the same, they are not actually ALL the same. They can develop personality and behaviour quirks, ambition, greed, bad temper, anything a human can. Smith was, obviously, an extreme example of this. It is therefore possible to meet distinctive Agents who have stats or an attack pattern different to that of a 'standard' Agent. Most, however, will follow the lay-out you will discover here.

Agents follow a standard attack pattern against hostile targets- learn it.

Agents will, of course, be used sparingly. Like Reloaded, the majority of the game will cover other things- to preserve both the impact of an Agent, and the air of mystery and danger around them.

-----

ADDED (28/11/03): AGENT PRIVILEGE: When an Agent and others are acting with the same amount of exertion, Agents always act before players, in the same way that players always (normally!) act before others.

-----

ADDED (1/12/03): AGENT ARROGANCE: Agents are extremely arrogant and this can occasionally be their downfall.

Unlike the Focus/Path power system, into which a lot of effort has gone towards balancing, Agent Powers are less finely honed, though as much effort as possible has been made to making their costs and effects fit. But the point is, if in the hands of a player aiming to kill another player, an Agent really WOULD be too dangerous. They would overpower any of you if 'hosed' in this way.

But they are NOT played by players, they are played by me. So they don't always do the most lethal thing in a situation. They like to play with you, gloat at you, try different things with you. The system is therefore self-balancing.

Arrogance allowed Trinity to shoot an Agent 'dead'; I'll probably never go that far but I will never abuse the system to kill a player in no time at all.

-----

ADDED (1/12/03): AGENT DODGES.

Considering their normally uninventive attacks in the films, Agents often seem curiously good at defending, normally using their bodies to interpose attacks. Neo performs a fantastic Flying Whirlwhind Kick on Smith in the Subway but Smith just falls back, arms up, and each blow just bounces off his arms. Time and time again Agents simply use their limbs to shrug off blows.

When Agents perform a Basic Dodge, they add +3 to their defence value, not +2. Agents may perform Basic Dodges even when Prone.

-----

ADDED (5/1/04): AGENT ANGER

It has been observed that when someone starts to do well against an Agent... that Agent comes back far harder! This is a system rule. The extent of that rule I leave for you to guess.

Ushgarak
2. Stats

Body: 12
Reflexes: 9
Martial Arts: 13
Guns: 13
System Resources: ?

'System Resources' is what Agents use instead of Focus as they draw power from the system to aid them. It is spent and refreshes just like Focus. It acts as an important limiter on what they do- like Paths many of their powers will look devastating but they simply cannot continually use them.

29/11/03: Added Body. Agents always display strength conspicuously in advance of the maximum possible human norm.

19/12/03: Added Reflexes after the v2.0 change as that would become obvious as soon as a round starts now. Agents are fast but it is possible to be faster.

Note that Agent Secondary stats always match the Primaries.

4/1/04: Added Martial Arts and Guns of 13. Lower than many expected, I am sure, As was intimated to people beforehand, when an Agent turns up and engages you he tneds to show less skill than the Rebel he is fighting, and they never appear to be gun marksmen, good shots though a 13 makes them.

Ushgarak
3. Powers

-----

Bullet Dodge- Added 28/11/03

Reference: "Men have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air..." As demonstrated when Neo shoots at the Agent in M1, and when Morpheus/one of the Twins does in Reloaded, the Agent ability to dodge bullets is just as advertised

Most obvious of all the Agent powers, it allows them to completely negate bullet attacks.

Bullet Dodge only needs to be declared by an Agent on a gun attack that would hit. They never need to waste time dodging an attack that would miss anyway.

When an Agent performs a Bullet Dodge, he gains X exertion and the attack misses as he blurs at superhuman speed to literally dodge the bullets- with some effort.

X is unknown.

(Added 28/11/03). It has been theorised that X gets higher the better your shot is. This is correct. However, you do not know the scale involved.

(Added 1/12/03). Multiple bullets and/or burst fire can increase X.

X has other factors- find them!

Cost: ?

-----

Pose- added 28/11/03

Reference: Agents in the films love to pose. They stop to straighten ties, adjust glasses, make pithy comments... some of it is just toying. But sometimes there seems to be more of a purpose to it...

Agents will sometimes stop to pose during actions; these are Extremely Fast actions.

Added 1/5/04 An Agent that is posing increases his power in some manner. There are three poses he can perform:

Stronger, Tougher: This increases the Agent's Body by one

Adaptive Learning: This increases the Agent's MA score by one

Faster, Quicker: This increases the Agent's Reflexes by one

These increases last for the entire combat.

-----

Straight Punch- added 28/11/03

Reference: Smith's signature move. He performs it several times in the fight with Neo in M1, including the blow that sends Neo flying across the station. It is the very last blow Smith attempts on Neo before Smith 'dies' in M1, fist behind his head.

The Straight Punch is the most straightforwardly devastating move in an Agent's arsenal in that it is highly destructive and needs no pre-requisite to use. The Agent draws his arm and clenched fist behind his head and slams it straight forwards for the most mighty of blows.

A Straight Punch hits as if the Agent's Strength is doubled.

(Added 1/12/03). Straight Punch is a Predictable attack.

(Added 1/12/03). Reference: "I have seen an Agent punch through a concrete wall..." Straight Punch does double damage to inanimate objects- this is enough to destroy nearly anything.

-----

Intercept Punch- added 1/12/03

Reference: Morpheus fights Smith in the bathroom in M1. Morpheus gets off many good blows but to little effect. One blow is brilliantly intercepted by Smith in mid-blow by a punch of Smith's own into the blow Morpheus was making- not only breaking the blow but leaving Morpheus defenceless against Smith's follow up attack, a double chop to Morpheus' chest.

Intercept Punch, made possible by the superlative timing available to computer programmes, is a Defensive Action Agents may declare. When they perform it, an attack made against them is automatically countered. The Agent then gets an immediate bonus Punch attack against his opponent. This attack automatically hits, as if the Agent had rolled 1 past the amount needed to hit. This reflex attack does not in any way impede the Agent's own attack to follow.

-----

Staggered- added 5/1/04

Reference: In the films, the heroes land some good blows on Agents. But whilst they can be knocked down or back, even Neo cannot land one superblow to knock them out. But if you do hit one hard, it makes them angry. Morpheus lands a solid sword blow on the Agent he fought atop the lorry... but in the next exchange of blows, the Agent gets the upper hand

Agents peform a Staggered whenever they receive a blow that does more than five points of damage. The Agent gains an exertion. Damage from the blow is reduced to five. The Agent regains a System Resources Pool

Cost: 0. It gains pool, it does not cost.

---

Catch and Throw- added 5/1/04

Reference: Confronting the Agent at the top of the power reserve building in Reloaded, Trinity gets off a number of good blows. But one such sequence ends when she attampts a kick. The Agent simply reaches forwards and grabs Trinity by the leg and body, lifts her bodily upwards, and slams her into the wall

Catch and Throw is a superior Intercept Punch, normally used against flashy or mid-air attacks, but not always. It is a Defensive Action that automatically counters the attack being made on the Agent as the Agent grabs the attacker; he then performs a throw that is automatically successful. The range (and base damage) of the throw is equal to a d6 roll +2, the Agent's strength is then added to that damage. This sends the original attacker Prone. The Agent may follow up this defence.

---

Rise- added 6/1/04

Reference: Fighting Smith in the bathroom in the original film, Morpheus knocks Smith to the floor. But Smith rises quickly, almost as if propelled back to his feet under his own muscle power, with no apparent effort. However, this is not something Agents consistently do...

Rise is a power that can be used by an Agent who has been knocked Prone. The Agent immediately returns to his feet, with no time taken.

-----

Low Kick- added 8/1/04

Reference: Whilst the heroes... well, Morpheus... make very flashy aerial attacks on downed opponents, Agents have only ever been seen to perform a rather more sedate, but equally vicious, low kick, just to hammer the point home

Low Kick is an attack Agents may use on Prone opponents. It gets +3 to hit and does +5 damage.

Ushgarak
Well, the first bits of Agent intelligence are now being added! Go check out the first posts again...

Captain REX
Jesus, that will be a pain in my ass.

Ushgarak
What, you mean "Oh woe, bullets don't work against Agents"?

I think they taught you that at Matrix school...

Captain REX
Well, Ares is a bit of a guns nut. stick out tongue

Also, I would think he'd have to call off his attack on Burn if he was being shot at.

Ushgarak
You'll have to do better than that...

Captain REX
Well, it would be nice to run it over with a car, but it has to, of course, be in the wrong direction.

Ushgarak
You need to make an Agent gain enough exertion to lose an action to save someone with gunfire.

Which means working out what X is.

Captain REX
Goody...

Didn't you just say that he gained an exertion?

Ushgarak
yup. But look at when Burn shot him. X is variable.

tptmanno1
ok
to gain an action you need to hit him with +2 for one, +3 for 2, +4 for 3 ect.
i think,
KEEP SHOOTING!

Captain REX
Interesting theory.

Ushgarak
Put your hand up if you just learned that fleeing from an Agent is... 'risky'...

Captain REX
*hand shoots up*

Ushgarak
Note- I have just updated the power Bullet Dodge to reflect a correct educated guess Burn made of how it works.

Note- there are currently two Agent powers that have been used that have not yet been queried!

Fire
the walking/jumping on to the cars? the way he catched up with burn

Ushgarak
That was just him being flashy when he caught him- Burn dodged which slowed him down (not saying dodging was a mistake though)

Agent powers are always named in italics.

Fire
okie

*goes to check thread*

Fire
Straight punch, Pose and Bullet dodge

No idea what Pose is, but I do know Straight punch hits DAMN HARD

Ushgarak
Ok, just removed all the extraneous posts from this thread...

Observant players who are into the system can now start to decipher many facets about an Agent from observation of Burn's encounter with one...

Pose and Straight Punch have now been added.

tptmanno1
yes
i got like 20 damage from the agents punch so his strenght is like 5

i feel like re-iterating my self again
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ushgarak
That was 20 damage after twice your strength was subtracted, Burn.

tptmanno1
o shit,
thats 28 damage,
7 STRENGTH!!!!!!!!!
WHAT THE HELL???

Ushgarak
Close.

But remember he rolled 4 points over what he needed to hit you by- that added four damage.

Fire
ush am I right about San hitting the agent, so if het gets hit he gains an extra extertion?

Trinity_Matrix
Well...that would work out the Agent's strength to be 6, right?

And the Agent dodged my fire.

Ushgarak
TM is correct about the Agent's strength, that will now be put in.

Technically, Fire, all three of them hit. We have so far had Burn shoot an Agent nad he lost no frames, Ares shot one and he lost one, Blonde girl shot him and he lost 3, and San shot him and he lost 2. A study of things involved may help...

Captain REX
A conjecture about the X factor in exertions gained by Bullet Dodge...

Does it have to do with how much you fire as well?

Ushgarak
Good man!

Yes, more bullets increase X- I shall add that in.

Bespin Bart
Two new powers! Agent Dodge and Intercept Punch.

Ushgarak
Just adding them in now. You'll like these...

Bespin Bart
If I could use them I would...

Bespin Bart
Also, is the cost for Pose between 1 through 5 SR points?

JediHDM
so what you're saying is, the more people shoot at him, the higher he must exert to lose an action? is that what you are saying, or am i REALLY confused AGAIN?

Bespin Bart
The better you are with guns and the more you shoot at him.

I'm not sure how it would work, but guns nutters would probably do well in making an Agent gain an exertion or 4.

Ushgarak
Agent Dodge and Intercept Punch are now in. Look out for Intercept Punch guys- it is a real nasty one, and breaks the flow of many a person who starts to do well against an Agent.

As for Pose- costs are VERY hard to decipher, they may take the longest of all. Intense scrutiny of Agent behaviour may help to work out the basics of SR pool and costs.

As for Bullet dodge- X is the amount of exertion an Agent gains when he performs it. Obviously if he gains too much exertion he loses an entire action by dodging. You know, so far, that X gets higher the more you hit by, and the more bullets you put into your attack.

Bespin Bart
*reads current Agent powers*

We're doomed...

Ushgarak
Intercept Punch is one of their most dangerous moves, yes.

Captain REX
I'm slightly relieved by the X factor of Agents' exertions. What would happen if I was confronted by an Agent and I fired four bursts with an M16? How many exertions would he get?

Ushgarak
Depends on what you roll. You'll have to construct your own estimations of what a certain action will achieve- that is half the fun!

Dexx
awh....you described them as softer foes stick out tongue.....but damn....they're bloody hard to engage...guess i'll see that for myself sometime

Ushgarak
Blimey, I hope I didn't put them across as 'soft'. I tried to make out that they were not instant death.

Mind you, I was not planning to have one fight Burn- who is always in trouble against a Martial Artist as he found out in Training- and them Mors WITHOUT his sword- I didn't actually register that he didn't have it. Eeep!

The more you learn about Agents, the more ways to survive one you may find.

Incidentally, rules nuts should be able to extrapolate the Agent's Speed, and some very good observation should point you towards his MA and Guns values also.

As a reward foir surviving the mission, I am adding one note about Agen behaviour- Arrogance- and a couple of additions to Straight Punch, one of which should make you thankful you did not try and run the Agent over.

JediHDM
yeah, me without my sword, Fire without his Sword, Mors without his sword...not good at all...luckily, i realized i could take the SWAT guys and take their guns...but it was very good that i was helped, else i woulda been out a long time ago...anywho, back to the Agents...you said we should be happy that they did not try to run over the agent...hmmm, i can think of something in the line of *cough* brick wall *cough*...

Fire
I did actualy have my Katana with me smile

JediHDM
what?! where?

Ushgarak
Yeah, he did as well...

Fire
With me in the mission, I never forget it

tptmanno1
hehe,
agent speed has to be impossibly high,
because they allways act first
mine is 8 i think and thats reallly high
so im thinks 10 or sumting

JediHDM
well, i won't forget mine ever again...

Ushgarak
Your speed is 5!

Agents ALWAYS act before players, that is regardless of speed.

But they exert at the same rate you do, so you might want to check that out.

tptmanno1
oops my bad
that what happens whe you dont check the thread!

JediHDM
so, instead of having an incredible speed, they have something similar to "Haste"...?

Captain REX
5 or 6 in speed then?

Also, would Pose possibly cost 2 or 1 SR points? Or nothing? I mean, it can't be that costly in combat...

Ushgarak
The term for them going first is 'Agent Privilege', in the same way that the term that means you people always go before mundanes and such is called 'Player Privilege'. It's a result of their computerised timing and relfexes.

I cannot give you SR costs on guesses else you could just do it all in turn. I will say that the three Pose types have different costs.

What is your reasoning behind deciphering the speed, Rex? I'll tell you now that it is not 6. There are clues for this in Dallas' Agent lecture.

JediHDM
ok, it seems to me, based on the hits by the agent on Mors, especially that final punch, that the Agent is at, probably a 6 in Strength, although i'm not exactly sure if i did that right...a 5 or a 6, i know, but which one, is hard to figure...he did 7 damge with a punch, which gives, i think, four damage above strength of Mors, which is, perhaps, a 6 in strength, but i don't know about MA...

Ushgarak
It has been confirmed that their strength is 6.

That would make his basic hit on Mors do 1 damage for the punch, and 4 damage for the difference in strength, for five damage in total. That, of course, then goes up by one for each point he hit by.

JediHDM
YES!!! i was RIGHT!!! WOOHOO!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ushgarak
Yup, though TM had already done it earlier.

That said, you may note a discrepancy there somewhere.

JediHDM
oh...she did? i guess i missed that...oh well...as for discrepancy...i don't know, i'm not very good at this, i'll let someone else take credit, cause it took me awhile to get the Strength...oh, wait, are you talking about when Mors actually hit the Agent, and he took damage...hmmm, that is interesting...something new? perhaps different strengths, or the ability to change his strength, perhaps...interesting...

Ushgarak
Well, I am sure someone will note all these things sooner or later.

Bespin Bart
Rex is just guessing. He's good at that... stick out tongue

Ushgarak
You need someone who is well into the system to check aboout the amount of damage the Agent was dogin with Punches. I thougut Fire or TM might do ot.

But then again, how important is it? 'Damn hard' is 'damn hard', isn't it?

It may be more useful to find their speed, because then you know how much exertion you need to get them to to make them miss an action.

JediHDM
which is also the hardest thing to figure out, seeing as they automatically go before everyone else...

Captain REX
Indeed.

Ushgarak
Easiest way is to chck when they lost an action then!

Trinity_Matrix
When my brain decides to start working logically again, I'll take a look at what happened and see what I can figure out...

General Zink
I'm no use, use that brain! stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Agent thread has been updated again! Because Reflexes is a stat that is now evidence whenever a round starts, I have put the Agent's Reflexes stat in there as you would have observed it at the airport.

Also changed the stats to Body and Reflexes and re-calibrated them with the new system.

Also note that all Poses are now Extremely Fast. That is not an improvement, it is a consequence of one of the changes of the new system.

LarryTheArch
well... what a complex game

Captain REX
Indeed it is, Larry! eek!

Fire
figured it out ppl: Agents have 13 gun skill and 13 MA, yea not very high pretty amazed myself, prolly have kick ass powers

Ushgarak
Fire is correct. I shall update that now.

Fire
small pointer, just used hands without shadows, the agent did NOT use some kinda agent power to dodge my sword attack, might be useful ppl I'd rather go for 13 then 16

Trinity_Matrix
Wow, only 13? I thought it'd be a lot more blink

Ushgarak
Common sentiment...

Trickster
Agent Power! "Staggered"

Fire
btw ush I just wondered, can we down an agent by damaging him enough?

Ushgarak
You'll like this one... it has gone in.

Fire
new agent power: Catch and Throw

Ushgarak
That's a neat one. Added.

Fire
agent speed is 10

tptmanno1
wow, Fire's doin the math, Thats gotta be one hell of a fight, I gotta go check it out!

Trinity_Matrix
No, it's 9.

Ushgarak
Well now. That is interesting. An Agent's speed is indeed 9.

Fire
okie

the agent just did a pose which increased his reflexe with 1 and also added something to his strength will find out

Ushgarak
That will do.

'Pose' has now been updated. Check it out.

Trinity_Matrix
Wait wait wait, tell me if I'm reading what you wrote here right...are you saying that Hands Without Shadow worked on the agent, or that it didn't? Because if it did...

Ushgarak
It worked.

Note 'Agent Anger' has been added to the general behaviour part of the thread.

Fire
yes it did

Trinity_Matrix
Alright...that's a very useful little piece of info there, especially with how I use that all the time...I shall remember that if I'm ever dragged into close combat with an agent!

tptmanno1
*hopes Fire doesn't Investigate about where Ush got that info*

Fire
too late, and I wouldn't say we are totaly screwed yet

Trinity_Matrix
New agent power! Rise --- I kicked and sent one prone, yet he leaped back up like nothing happened.

Ushgarak
Added... heh, Agents are cool...

tptmanno1
Not exactly the word I would have used to decribe an Agent,
We are cool, we are rebels, we are teh essence of cool.
Agents are a royal pain in the arse.

Completly off topic, but, In a book I am reading, The homecoming series by Orson Scott Card, In their little language, Ush, Is a surname meaning Great Warrior. Wow thats funny, Ush.. Great Warrior,*whew*

Also off topic, Hey Ush, wanna show us your Char form the Desktop matrix game, I'm curious!

Ushgarak
It's Aeneas. He's not actually perfectly converted but that is the essence of him.

tptmanno1
ahh, cool!

Fire
Agent Performs: Low Kick

what's that?

Ushgarak
Dull, but effective. It is in.

Note, btw, that all Agent powers have exceptionally dull names. It is all part of the style contrast between them and you.

Captain REX
*looks over updates*

I am convinced that I will not kick at one unless I have to...

Trinity_Matrix
New Agent Power: Hold and Pin. Whatever it does, it doesn't sound too good...

Ushgarak
Eeek! Details on that coming soon, I just cannot remember the reference. Those of you in the Combat Path have seen what it does, anyway.

No need to ask about Throw; that is part of Hold and Pin.

tptmanno1
*oww*
He pick ya up, and chucks ya halfway cross the room, it's really fun *sarcasm*

SpikeSpiegel
Except we're not in a room, we're in a windowbox and he didn't chuck you across it, he chucked you into me

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, at least he didn't try to chuck you out the box, like what happened to me...

Trickster
Well none of you are on 45 health are you?

Trinity_Matrix
Okay, I think I may have something about how the agents exert due to Bullet Dodge. What I think, is that the number of exertion they gain is the amount of the hit (whatever Ush rolls+our base Guns score+the added bonus for firing extra bursts) minus their MA score, but it also appears that they don't gain anymore than 2 exertion at a time. I still want to check a few things, but am I close?

Ushgarak
There has been a 3.

Trinity_Matrix
Hmm....well I was just going by what I've seen happen recently in the Combat Thread, I went and checked through the Philo thread and my findings seemed to line up with my theory though I still haven't gone back far enough through either thread to see how many times the agents have Posed to increase their MA.

Ushgarak
Well, it cannot be a straight subtraction of their MA as that is already in the equation- you need to match or better their MA to hit them.

Trickster
Could it be what you beat their MA by? I'm not amazing at maths, just a shot in the dark...

Ushgarak
Yes, we have already established that the better the shot, the more exertion they gain. No-one is quite what the equation for that is though.

rusky
Perhaps it is /2 ?

Ushgarak
I'll tell you know, whilst it is difficult to work out from your end, it is a very simple process.

rusky
one last shot at this,for now :
the agent gets a defensive score of MA + 3(bullet dodge)
whatever is above that is added to the agent's exertion to a maximum of 3

Ushgarak
Hmmm.... nah

rusky
Hmmm... damn blink

Ushgarak
Also remember that what examples you may be looking at (looking at San here) may be being complicated by other factors.

Errr, I should also admit that I might have got it wrong a couple of times as I don't actually have the finalised details with me...

tptmanno1
What we know.
The better the shot the more exertion
Burs and multiple bullets help
therefore
I think that Initially damage is calculated normally
then whatever damage is left over and to be normally takes, it is reduced by 1/2 and truned into exertion that the agent gets if he uses bullet dodge.

Ush. This has hardly any basis in fact. It is a sub-concious inkling. Please don't ask me where I got this idea.

rusky
it DOES sound right enough though...hmmm...

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, my theory sorta came to me in the middle of Calculus and it seemed to make sense at the time...but that also meant that I was no where near a computer so I couldn't check it out. I found some stuff that totally killed what I thought anyway, and I forgot about all the other random crap that can effect that too. Ehh, I'll get back to figuring it out once my exams are over (so maybe after tomorrow).

Captain REX
Math... *cringe*

Trinity_Matrix
No kidding.

Captain REX
Agents... *cringing harder*

Trinity_Matrix
Heh...damn agents!

Ushgarak
I will talk of Agents a little when Assignment 3 is done, but I am hoping there is a healthy amount of fear associated with them now.

Trinity_Matrix
Well, gee, I'm pretty sure you've accomplished THAT already...

Ushgarak
But on the other hand, some tactics that work better against them than others should also be forming with you guys? I hope?

SpikeSpiegel
I don't care about agents, I wanna fight those twins again, show them who's boss.

tptmanno1
flip is nessacary because it allows you a free flee.
and when fighting an Agent you need gun coverage so you can make you escape when they are exerted

Trinity_Matrix
Jump of the Grasshopper will only work once against them, if you're lucky...

Fire
I think most ppl still need to remember: agents dont have an endless amount of focus (or whatever they use) prolly the same max as us 15, this means if they do a lot of fancy moves, they will run out, trying to save big attacks for last is prolly best.

Ushgarak
Yup, Fire is right. Agents blow pool like everyone else.

You will note the majority of their attacks are simple kicks and punches.

Captain REX
I think the SR for them might be lower than 15, since they do fancy moves every so often.

Bespin Bart
Or they could just be choosing when to be using fancy moves. Still, Straight Punch must take a lot of SR.

Anything else figured out yet?

Fire
no not really, haven't encountered many agents these days.

Trinity_Matrix
Lucky you...we're sure getting a hell of a lot of trouble from one right now...

Captain REX
Yeck, good thing Dallas killed it with his oh so marvellous plan of blowing everything up...

Tptmanno1
Hey I like that plan!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.