Attack of the Clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R.C
What do you think?

Ushgarak
It;s fair enough, I think. Like I just said in the other thread, it'll grow on people, unless they are determined to hate it because it's not 'cool' enough.

King Jedi
I absolutley love it. Being "un-cool" is the new "cool". cool

R.C
It's going on me.

Keep the kipper smoking....

Ushgarak
Ok. Any idea when your breakfast is?

MrFlame
When i heard of it...it sounded corny but, atleast it makes sense. Its growing on me.

R.C
The full breakfast could be a long time off I'm afraid... Though I maybe able to pop in for a slice of toast and a half cup of coffee every so often, like now.... sad

Ushgarak
Heck, that sounds pretty serious!

And on a selfish note, I need a new front-line Good Guy Rper.

GUNDARK!!!

jedi212guy
I am handling it. I can understand the title, and after knowing about it for 2 hours now, I think I am going to love AOTC!! Rock on, GL!!!!! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
I've just told Edna the title, but she doesn't believe me.

Gundark
Like I said in the other thread, its growing on me. Its only been 24 hours...it will have to sink in a little for some people.

Supa
I can't really decide to or fro on this one yet... It is kinda so so at the moment.. I had kinda expected something with "clone" in it, but not Attack of the Clones.. Definitely fifties style... But maybe it'll fit perfectly to the movie.. or it'll turn out to be a very delayed april fool's.....

Oh, and by the way, summer vacation is over

sad

yerssot
I have to review my opinion about the title. It is getting better, but I still think it is not the best title out

Mad Johnny Leat
Try this little test.......

Forget about the "Star Wars : Episode II" Tag for a second, and look at the Title on it's own:

Attack of the Clones.

Personally, if I'd just seen this title and didn't know anything about the film, I'd think it was a kids cartoon...

Ushgarak
But by the same token, say it aloing with the others:

A New Hope, the Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones.

It DOES scan, at the very least.

King Jedi
If I saw the title on it's own then I'd want to know more about it. It's straight to the point and the most exciting title since "Return of the Jedi".

Dim
I'm with you KJ, I love it..

King Jedi
As Anakin would say - "Yippeee!!!!!" wink

robbery
I love the title!!! superbly cheesey and come on people is it any more or less cheesey than the name star wars??? or for that matter the Empire strikes back??? people moaned about the phantom menace as a name but that soon stopped, the same will happen here. there is just a stupid reaction from people who loved star wars as a child and have grown up forgetting what this series of film is and to just sit back and enjoy it!!!.

R.C
HERE, HERE!!!

That is EXACTLY what I have been saying for the last 2 years about reactions to TPM. rolling on floor laughing

queeq
I agree. It's right up there with the other cheesy titles.

I wonder what this means about the scriptment though...... confused

Ushgarak
That;s already being discussed in a couple of other threads around here...

King Jedi
Robbery has said the most sensible thing since the title was announced. smile

Ushgarak
Hey, *I* made that point ages ago!

King Jedi
But he said it better. stick out tongue

jedi212guy
Why do we have two sites that talk about the same issue?

Ushgarak
Darn!

Oh, that; just how things worked out.

jedi212guy
As long as there is a good reason... wink

Texas
You people would like anything that pops out of GL's mind, no matter how ridiculous! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Err... haven't I just spent time making out that I DON'T think that; that blind defence is as bad as blind attack?

jedi212guy
Just to let you know, I am not a blind defender. It took me about 6 hours of thought and a night of dreaming about attacking clonetroopers for me to really like the title.

Texas
"mumbles, mumbles" *Phinney6 cut my tounge out*

jedi212guy
Since this is numero 100, it will be my last post for the afternoon. I read this quote at TF.N. It really spoke to me:

"I think seeing the Episode II title for the first time is a lot like seeing a girl without her pants on for the first time. At first, you're like, huh? What the...? But then you start to like it."

Texas
What the hell was that Jedi1212guy? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! and I thought I was strange!

King Jedi
No one here is guilty of "blind defence" and I don't like every idea that George Lucas has. Personally I don't want to see Boba Fett in the prequels and if Lucas doesn't kill off Amidala in Episode 3 then it will ruin the entire story for me.

Ushgarak
I don;t think anyone around here actually IS blindly defending; Texas implied we were.
But it is a phenomenon we should be careful of. People are attacking the cricits rather than defending the film. A VERY bad situation to be in.

King Jedi
What's so bad about that? Are they going to come round my house and beat me up?

If they are I'm ready for them! mad Armed with water balloons and plenty of cash to bribe them.

Ush here is a perfect example of why I hate critics - Do you know the show "Late Review" on BBC2. For anyone who hasn't it is four critics sitting round a table talking about films and music or whatever is being released that week. Anyway just before TPM was released here they were doing there last show before a summer break and they were talking about what they were looking forward to seeing during the summer.

This blonde critic said "Well I'm not looking forward to Star Wars because we all know what a big turkey that is going to be". I promise you that was her exact words. She hadn't even seen the film!!!!!!!! It wasn't released yet but she'd already decided that it was going to be a turkey!!!!! Of course the other 3 critics had a giggle but it made me sick. Their "we are two good for Star Wars attitude" is typical of most critics.

I'll concede that newspaper critics and magazines like Empire aren't like this though.

Ushgarak
Obviously there are bad critics and good critics...

It is a bad situation in that it makes the would-be defender look bad. Offence is not the best defence in situations like this.

If I am trying to defend SW to a non-fan, and I attack it's critics rather than defending the film itself, I will convince no-one.

Texas
You see what Lucas has caused? Attack of the Clones is tearing this board apart!.......I'm so dramatic wink

Ushgarak
To be honest, it was about time there was a piece of major news to talk over...

jedi212guy
Hey, thanks for the compliment, Texas. I think you are a strange guy/girl? too. big grin

Texas
Oh I know Ush, this is major news indeed! The only thing that would be bigger then this is if announced that Yoda was gay or something! Oh, your welcome jedi1212guy smile

jedi212guy
No problem, Tex. roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.C
Why would anyone being gay be big news? confused

Texas
If it's Yoda, come on, you know it would make all the papers!

sand person no. 10
what makes you thnk yoda's gay, he's 800 years old, either way,i doubt it maters.

Texas
OMG, it's like you cant even joke around on this board. You people need to stop taking everything so seriously! But yes, I trully believe Yodas gay, I see the way he looks at Luke!..........(that's a joke, Jesus!) stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I suppose it would make the Dagobah Gazette...

Texas
Finally, someone with a sense of humor big grin thanks Ush!

Dim
I think we can do without the gay jokes...they're silly and they offend some people.

Texas

Mad Johnny Leat
I agree, C3PO does a fair amount of "mincing" around in all four films. And is it me? Or is he just a little too pally with R2?

(He also desperately wanted Luke to be his Master....S&M anybody?)

queeq
Okay, I'm going to close this. There are two threads about this and this one's the longest. And since the topic's turned to a debate on gay droids again, I've chosen this one.

Please use the other thread for more debates on the title.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.