Jedi with a blaster & saber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xantos Clone
I always liked the way Luke had both a blaster and a saber...(these kids today)

does anyone see jedi in the prequals using both or is it a "civilized age" concept...?

"hoky religions and acient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid"

Dim
I can see Anakin being the type to do that..

Ratcat
I think the "traditional" jedi (Mace, Yoda, etc) will shun the use of a blaster. In fact they would probably deem it a failure to do such a thing.

OB1 "Not as clumsy or random as a blaster."

I to would not be surprised to see Anakin use a blaster with his Lightsaber though.

Darth Daft
I wouldn't be surprised either. And just to let you know, Obi-Wan uses a whole range of different guns and explosives in the game of The Phantom Menace. Not that it matters, but I thought you might like to know.

Another thing, I believe that the Sith are just as reluctant to use any other weapon but their sabre. Darth Maul's speeder bike has no weapon emplacements whatsoever.

finti
Luke didn`t have a blaster in ROTJ, and I think blasters are banned by the jedis. There is no elegance in them.
Jedis was about skill and elegance a saber does that, like a samurai never would use a gun.

Jedimaster3838
I agree with finti, I don't see any Jedi using a blaster, its just not their style. Luke only used one because he wasn't a true Jedi yet, and he wasn't properly trained.

Ratcat
True, the last time we saw his blaster was at Bespin.

Darth Gehenna
Though Luke did take one from one of the bounty hunters to try and kill Jabba in ROTJ.

Jedimaster3838
Thats true, but again Luke wasn't trained properly and in that situatuion maybe its okay, afterall, there is an exception to every rule.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.