just a liddle rumor i heard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I was listening to the radio the other day and I heard that in Episode III Anakin kills Padme... He is force-choking her (for some reason) and accidentaly kills her while she is still pregnant. Then they do a sort of C-section on the dead body to get the twins out and miraculously they are still alive. I am sure that this is not true unless Lucas has gone even more off his rocker than he is now and decided to betray the entire purpose of the prequels which is to see how Luke and Leia get born. But I digress. Has anyone else heard this and what do you think?

Captain REX
Indeed, I do not think she is already dead when the twins are born. That's WAY too depressing and nasty.

Darth Hater
lol...i agree

but yea,we've heard the rumor that he force chokes her but nothing about the c-section thing...

i think it's safe to say that'll never happen

Ushgarak
Yup, it is a rumour, at present not more than that.

queeq
THis is being discussed in two other threads I think.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cowboyography
I force choke my ***** all the time wink

mephistodesigns
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

yeah, no way is GL gone get that graphic, jeez we already get Anakin gettin' some sort of surgery. I don't think he has any intention of turning this film into an intergalactic surgery channel.

Lyn
That sounds horrific... sad

Darth Hater
ouch

BOB Yup its me
Maybe she just has Luke and Leia and runs off to marry Watto and Anakin goes on a rampage and kills everyone. :P

mephistodesigns
blink

mephistodesigns
huh

mephistodesigns
no

Captain REX
Agreed.

Lyn
laughing

BOB Yup its me
At least someone found comedy in it. Just a sick twisted thing GL could do though.

mephistodesigns
yeah, to us fans! wacko

Darth Hater
back to the topic...

i doubt that will happen,but i'd still like to see it

Jedi Shmedi
I know that's not true because in Episode 6 (Return of the Jedi) Luke asks Leia if she remembers anything about her mother and Leia replies

"She was......very beautiful"

Therefore indicating she must have seen Padme before she dies. big grin

Gotwa
Denied.

VengeanceGOD
Although...it would be cool. But it would make no sense.

Ushgarak
Yeah... we have kind of had this argument to death over time, as you can see if you look through past threads. I very much agree with this logic, but there are many who do not.

It is also possible that this ROTJ thing will be ignored.

rustiswordz
Personally i think Padme gives birth, sees leia and goes awwww, sees Luke and says yeurcch i knew i shouldnt have had that drink from Sebulba.

Then in a fit of madness brought on by the shock she dumps luke on Tatooine before selling herself into kinky hutt slavery as a dancer with Jabbas Galactic Circus Troupe, 'The Flying Mynocks!'

VengeanceGOD
You're weird. smile

Anyway, that conversation in ROTJ is incredibly pivotal, and shouldn't be ignored. But it IS Lucas we're talking about...

Ushgarak
Well, it is just when some good leads started to turn up that Padme would indeed die in the film- and it still seems to be a good lead- a lot of people who agreed with the logic that ROTJ made that impossible were saying "How will GL explain this?"

And my opinion is, if it happens, that he simply will not.

Gotwa
Well, if you guys would read some of the books.. hint hint.. his mother never died. (Black Fleet Crisis, Yevetha etc.) He was hunting her down, but something happened.. or something.. =o.. But she was alive. She ran off into hiding and dumped Leia with someone trusted so she would survive, and luke on some backwater planet.. cause that was anakin's home and because she wanted them seperated.. =o

Ushgarak
As we know, that info is hardly relevant, being not only EU but also now totally contradicted by the films.

Gotwa
Not really contradicted by the films.. D:

Ushgarak
I think we'll find whatever the EU has to say about Luke's mother can hardly coincide with what GL has to say, seeing as they had no idea he was going to do anything with her at all when they wrote it.

Trinity_Matrix
Hmmm...can't say I've heard THAT particular rumor...plus its quite a bit more gruesome that you'd think would be in Star Wars, not to mention totally contradicting the ROTJ convo...but then again, GL has never had a problem with not entirely following continuity, has he?

Darth Jello
the rumor is partially correct according to everything I read Padme tries to scare anakin by telling him she has had a miscarriage, anakin gets mad and force chokes her, he doesn't mean to fatally wound her but accidently drops her head on a large rock. after the duel, the Tantive IV makes an emergencey landing and the twins are born she holds leia and tells her something, but she loses conciousness by the time luke arrives (hence ROJ makes sense now). then she dies

Lyn
I still find it hard to believe that Anakin will force choke his beloved wife.

Darth Jello
if anakin can slaughter little kids right and left, why can't he choke his wife? his decisions are guided by the dark side, not his brain.

Lyn
Ohh...hang on...are we saying this is done AFTER he turns??

Sorry...

Darth Jello
here's the deal, (this is gonna be real cool for you lynn) anakin tells padme that the jedi are corrupt (which is echoed by palpatine in the senate). after slaughtering the jedi and younglings in the temple, anakin is given the assignment to wipe out the remaining separatists on a planet called mustafar. obi-wan comes back to coruscant in grevious' ship (after killing him) and asks padme his wherabaouts, padme tries to convince him that there is still good in him. Obi-wan goes to mustafar to confront anakin while padme secretly hides in the back of his ship. the confrontation above occurs after anakin thinks padme betrayed him. the duel happens and anakin falls into a molten pit recieving his injuries. the scene of the twins being born and padme dying are interspersed with scenes of vader being constructed. padme dies. vader wakes up and asks to see padme. sidious tells him she is dead. Vader screams NOOOO!!! As he does, the whole room buckles. medical droids malfunction and break, people die, some choke, some die instantly, and even sidous can barely stand up to the force onslaught. Vader's scream fades into padme's funeral on Naboo

Lyn
Oh my God...
*sits, mouth gaping open*
How huge is this movie gonna be?!?!? Happy Dance
So Padme does die...and NOT ((can I repeat)) NOT by her husband...
Thanx for clearing that up DJ...happy

Darth Jello
she dies from a headwound as a result of her husband

VengeanceGOD
Argh...so tempting to read spoilers...but I so want to go spoiler free for this movie...

DAMN YOU JELLO! DAAAAMMMN YOOOOUUU!!! smile

Darth Jello
your frustration feeds me, the only thing that i haven't figured out based on the spoilers is WHEN THE HELL DOES SIDIOUS FIGHT YODA DURING ALL THIS COMMOTION? and he will too, goddam you!!! HE BETTER!!!!!!

Ushgarak
We still are yet to have confirmation on these things.

Darth Jello
4 out of 5 can't be wrong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.