My reasoning - Planet of the Apes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

boston
Davidson crash landed on a foreign planet some time in the future. The mother ship went looking for him and crashed on the same planet. But the mother ship crashed at some earlier time and changed the future of this planet. The monkeys on board the mother ship evolved to what Davidson now sees on the plant. This part is explained in the movie.

Now take that same thought to when Davidson leaves the planet. He takes the pod and travels back in time to earth and crashes at the Lincoln Memorial and Lincoln turns out to be Thade. Davidson left Thade alive back on the foreign planet in the mother ship. So, Thade had to have escaped, fixed Davidson's submerged pod from the lake and followed Davidson back to earth. But, Thade time warped further back in time, to Lincoln's time and changed the course of history. That's why you see Thade as Lincoln. Thade changed history and in turn became president Lincoln and changing the future. The future earth that Davidson now crashed landed

R.C
Like I said in a previous post, clever.

Skull_crusher
Umm,yup that just about explains it!

R.C
Did you really need to quote all that?????? sad

FLIPMODE
Your Correct boston, but I wrote the exact same thing in another post a while ago. Making this the 15,000 topic of the Apes.

Ushgarak
Ok, I will use this thread as it is the most recent...

I have finally seen this film. Clearly the ending isn't meant to be directly explained; there are so many questions to whatever explnation you come up with... whether they know it themselves, I don't know. Whether they can credibly explain it all in a sequel, I don;t know. Still, makes you think, doesn't it?

My question is this:

Where the heck did the horses come from? Or are we meant to believe the Oberon was trying out horses for space travel as well?

I also note the Oberon saw their own distress call in the future. So much for forewarned is forearmed. I guess they didn't know what the heck was going on.

Skull_crusher
Sorry!!!! sad

jedi212guy
the original was much better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.