Uma Thurman: Similarities between Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

djbobbit
hey all,

this has been bugging me for a couple of days, glad a finally found a movie discussion forum somewhere!

Anyway, has anyone noticed the subtle similarities between some of the things Uma Thurman does in kill bill and pulp fiction, such as:

1) When she's in the first girl's house and she's talking about 'gettin square' and she makes the square shape in the air like she did in the car with John Travolta in PF?

2) When she wakes up from the coma in hospital and she jolts up exactly like she did when she gets the adrenalin shot in PF?

I dunno if i'm just over-analysing it, but that's just what i thought.

BackFire
Yeah, noticed that too. Just quentin playing the "nudge nudge" game with the audience.

Kes
Yeh...little homage to Pulp Fiction. Lots of directors do that.

loser101
Spoilers.....obviouslywink

Ummm, Red Apple Cigarettes billboard at the Airport.

Inside shot from the truck of the car of Uma talking down to the one she kept alive.

Remember Fox Force 5.

diegocala
Tarrintino is famous for that!

Evil Dead
All good examples of "inside material"........stuff that only the people who have watched the person's other movies will fully understand.

All writer/director's who have a cult fan following do this........Kevin Smith is also a great example. Every single movie refers to atleast 2 or 3 of his other movies. Then there is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.....where the entire movie is a call back to his previous films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.