Will The Next Nintendo Pass Or Fail!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

royal_jester
HMMMMMMMM??? Let us see what you all think about the rumors of a new Nintendo system.

Gamecube was a very so so system.

Do you think Nintendo has learned their lesson or will this next system BOMB???

Post your opinions-Good or bad let's hear it allwink

Tex
There will be a new Nintendo system circa 2005-2006.

Nintendo only failed with marketing the Gamecube. Its been a smashing success in every other sense.

As far as I'm concerned, PS2 is all hype, no quality.

crazy_c
I hope it wont bomb i really like nintendo game consoles

BackFire
I don't think it's fair to say PS2 is all hype...while it does have an incredible number of bad titles, it also has many many masterpieces. Just the ratio is worse then for say the gamecube, because ps2 has so many more titles to begin with.

mah
True dat, Backfire.

Fire
indeed

ragesRemorse
PS2 has the most variety out of any system, It has the funnest games, however Nintendo will be the only franchise to outlast everyone. nintendo has been there from the start, it's paved the way, made a few mistakes, but it has saved and made back with the gamecube what it has lost with the N64. nintendo has always been there and will always be. The developers are just to damn smart.

Nintendo is gonna blow everyone away with the first accepted virtual reality hom console. This is there goal for the near 2012 with a few merging, and releasing surprises along the way

royal_jester
hmmm sounds exciting ragesremorsesmile

ragesRemorse
exciting? maybe. the truth is virtual reality headsets have been tried many times, and are availible now, but are horrible. The goals of nintendo releasing the first home console virtual reality kit, was mentioned in this months game informer. Ther eis a short blurb on it. Not much detail at all, just expectations. we all know what happend with Nintendo's last expectation. What was it? the double D? i forget,but it was going to be an attactchment for the 64 that was to increase the megabiytes. it wasnt the mega pak. I know it failed. It came out in japan, but was never marketed in the U.s. However nintedo could be the staying video game God's or the video game screw ups. time will tell

LindsIsTightK
I don't think PS2 is that great at all, the majority of games I have seen on that console are all sports or fighting games, not much variety. I think Nintendo will always be on top for the simple reason that they were the first. I've always stuck with Nintendo in the first place.

royal_jester
seems to me that people like Nintendo over Xbox and PS2

hmmm???

LindsIsTightK
Well I know I prefer it over all the other systems.

nintendo is cool, but so many other companies have come out with systems around the same time as nintendo that just created a very equal war between nintendo and other console-companies. I like nintendo but they're not gods. I mean remember sega genisus, that was a really great system that competed with super nintendo. and then n64 competed with playstation, and now gamecube is competing with xbox and ps2. I'd say in all these cases nintendo has been the worst of the choices. So the next system if it comes out around the same time as ps3, and xbox2 which it looks like will happen than it'll probably do badly.

ragesRemorse
nintedo did more than compete. After of course NES which really inspired the intense exploration and intrest in home consoles. The SNES ruled over everything untill playstation. SNES destroyed sega. Sega genesis xompeted with nintedo. the SNES defeated the sega cd, and the sega saturn. Genesis did an ok job at competeting with SNES, but never came any where near threatning to take it's place as champ.

Nintedo 64 was more of an investment than an improvement, Nintendo was kicking around so many idea;s when sony playstation came out. Then sony BOOMED it took Nintendo by surprise so they had to come up with somthing quick. T

he 64 wasnt even finished in development when it was released, but nintedo had to do somthing. so nintendo relased it ealry which saved them alot of money, but also lost them some on the long run. Instead of working to upgrade the 64 nintendo looked to the future, and thats where the developers are now. The gamecube gives serious competition to sony and x-box, and the development, and manufacturing of the system is far less than the other two. this is why nintendo is so smart, and are gamming franchise gods. Smart investments keep them around, and great development keep them popular. Nintendo is the reason sega went bankrupt and was forced to merge its rights with other gamming companies to even stay alive. So yes nintedo has done muchmore than just compete

royal_jester
Actually not just Nintendo defeated Sega but also Xbox and PS2.

Sega couldn't keep up with the market and competition of the other 3 systems.

ragesRemorse
Sega's last attempt which was the dreamcast is what put sega over the hill in financial ruin. If dreamcast had been sega's only failure then they would still be around with money in the bank. It was there three consistant financial failures that killed the franchise. Not just there poor marketing choices or the short lived life of the dreamcast. Nintendo are the ones who beat out the sega c.d and sega saturn.I think the 32X beat itself

Not to give any credit to sony who had a hand in the demise of the saturn, but it was more contributed to NINTENDO's brilliance. Nintendo is always there with a succesfull campiagn to combat there rivals everytime another system seems to take the lead in the video world

I still think that with upcoming "super-systems"/ one's that will do a whole lot more than play games nintendo will have a harder time. PS3 will probably be the biggest console to hit the market in years. I don't see anything competing with it. And with a chip made by IBM, it'll be no contest. Nintendo just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. And yes probabaly most of the problem lies in marketing their products, but if they can't market their products well than i don't see how they're being smart.

royal_jester
How do you know Nintendo doesn't have a wild card up their sleeve???

They seem to be very secretiveshifty

Who knows they might be the next best thing to come outwink

vvvrulz
Games Games Games.. Its all about the games. If the console has crap games, it will fail. The new nintendo system, if any, needs the GAMES.

royal_jester
Yeah that is why we have this forum so we can talk about games, games, games and some more games and did I say gamesstick out tongue

vvvrulz
This is a console thread is it not? smile

ragesRemorse
How can you say Nintendo makes poor marketing desicions? There are only two reasons the Gamecube is as strong as it is right now. That is because of the quality of the system for the low price. THe second is because of the marketing. Nintedo markets there system more than sony or xbox. No gamming industry amrkets like Nintedo. This is because they have the most expierence. ACtually truthfully SEGA was the most succesfull at marketing there product, however no matter how good the marketing was the product failed.

Many people say how poorly The gamecube is doing. If you look at the sales and popularity of the Gamecube It has done spectacular. There have been months the gamecube did better in sales revenue than the Xbox. The Gamecube was never expected to be the top system it was only ever expeceted to compete with the console leaders. It did just that and then some. Through the whole life of the Gamecube it has always done exceptionaly well. It has only recently been slipping in sales, but is still going strong.

I totally agree that PS3 will be the champ and most popular system after it's release. I believe Sony will stay atop of the video game world for several years to come. This is because of the games it produces. Sony has the best game developers. However there are so many different systems on the horizon anything is possible. it is possible sony will become a fading memory. PS3 will be the most powerfull system to date BUT LET me remind you. Power is nothing. This was proved by sega saturn,sega C.D, 3Do, jaguar,Nintedo 64. Actually to be factual every system to be released to have more power than the present system has always failed. and failed miserably. Sega saturn had almost twice the capability of playstation, and the same for 64. So dont count on PS3 being great just because of power. I think if Nintedos next attempt is popular . I believe then Nintedo will be the last franchise standing in the future. If PS# fails that will be the end of sony, but that is unlikely

sith_darth_jay
nintendo rose back up with GC, after that big fall with N64, but PS was already on top. i hate nintendo, (with that monopoly policy and all those kiddie games) but i respect what they do with GC, i think they learned their lesson. i loved SNES and i have a AGB (GB save nintendo, otherwise they'll be broke by now) but i love PS2 even more. it's not just about graphics and speed, it's about how good the game is.
i love zelda, either in the 8 bits console or the 64 version (i still hate N64). as long as the game is good, i don't care in wich console i play it

ragesRemorse
Nintendo will always be around. I doubt they will be the best and most popular systems, but theyll always be there somewhere competing.

sith_darth_jay
makin videgames (like sega), if they fail with the next one

royal_jester
I guess we will have to wait and see huh?

KidRock
N64 kicked ass

sith_darth_jay
and it died quickly

ragesRemorse
3 years isnt quickly.

worldindustries
I don't think so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.