Resident Evil v.s. Silent Hill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fallin Angel
Hmm , which u think is better , Resident Evil or Silent Hill , i think Silent Hill is cause its more scary

slayer
Silent hill for the same reason as u said Fa and it has a little more action!

royal_jester
I like Resident Evil better

badkittykitty
I know how lame this is gonna sound but I honestly cant play silent hill because when I play my games its usually at night when I am alone....and it scares the the living piss out of me.I must scare easy though 'cause i had the same problem with doom cause of all the groaning*EEEEEEEEEEEH!*

BackFire
Silent Hill is truley terrifying... But I think resident evil is more fun to play

Fallin Angel
Hey , thats kool , i sometimes get a little jumpy at some parts

Dark_Psylocke
Resident Evil! I'm a true fan. Silent Hill is good but... I like RE better.

ragesRemorse
silent hill is without a doubt more frieghtening. Infact i was never scared playing resident evil. Resident evil has more action, but i think resident evil has become more of an action game that relies on its original concept rather than expanding into a broad story. Each game in the evil franchise always seems like the previous game but just with new characters, and more monsters. This get real old real fast.

Silent hill always expands onto the story, It adds somthing new to the story and gameplay every time. It is more like a movie. Silen hill is my pick

slayer
Did u heaR THEIR THINKING OF MAKING IT INTO A MOVIE?

FallingBlue
Silent Hill has more plot, better monsters, more horrifying areas, better cinemas and graphics, and it has more action, plus you can turn off the whole weird ass way of walking, unlike in RE...god I hate that...

ragesRemorse
I think silent hill is better, but there is no doubt there is more action in the resident evil games. Atleast from the second up. I think silent hill has BETTER action. The action seems to build up with suspense. It seems everytime you fight a monster in silent hill there is some kind of build up. Silent hill has better audio sounds aswell. The sounds of silent hill are eerie and chilling. Resident evil is still the champ because it started it all so credit is given. It just gets far to repetitive for me

alic88
WHAT IS THE SCRIPT OF ALL 3 SILENT HILL GAMES

LilMimister006
Resident Evil big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

J_To_The_P
Silent Hill 3 is all "talk" scary environments, garbage fighting, Resident Evil you get Scary Environments, enemies jumping out from all over, zombie decapitations which never get old, hot girls like Jill running around, no vomiting babies, no monsters trying to rape characters. I just feel Resident Evil is better, since it seems more "realistic" like something like Resident Evil would happen before Silent Hill, because Silent Hill looks like it would take decades to happen.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
silent hill was much better

strega13
silent hill is so much better because they can translate perfectly the ambiance of a horror movie and the enigmas are tougher than RE

ragesRemorse
RE is always just a recyling of previous games with updated gameplay

worldindustries
dunno but I have beaten silent hill 2 twice but neve have beaten resident evil.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2002/04/26-jason.jpg

thegreatrudini
lol if uve never beaten resident evil u must be crap there quite easy ive completed the first 3 loads of times

dean7879
i loved resident evil 1 and 2 on the ps1....now im more of a silent hill fan cos they are more scary

Phoenix Aska
I like both of em..
But RE is more fun to play and silent hill is more of a mind bending game...

Don't get me wrong...I play both of them but I like to fool around blowing up zombies with the rocket launcher!!!

All though you get like a light saber in silent hill 3....which was tight...

matchbox
resident evil i think is better personally. silent hill is good though.

re just has more class about it. i like 3 the best really, the new one isnt that good.

ChickinMeat
Well I like both titles, because both of them scared the crap out of me! i never got to play the RE remake on the cube, i wish i did, it looked awesome and i could tell if i did i would have shat my panties, which is always fun, without the shat.

VENOMfan
Resident evil is the better series, it lost its creepy feel tho IMO, Silent Hill is definetly the "scarier" title

BackFire
Silent Hill is infinitely creepier. Resident Evil is still the better game though.

VENOMfan
BackFire has just solidified this thread. its official

Resident Evil=better game

Silent Hill=can literally make you leave the hall light on

ZomBiE_HunTER
RESIDENT EVIL OWNZ SLIENT HILLL!!!

JToTheP
I played Silent Hill 2 & 3, and I know that there's 2 different time lines, which to me is f*ckin ridiculous, but I like the visual terror of 1 & 3 more then the damn psychological horror of 2 & 4.

RE I absolutely love, and forever will. I never got so many nightmares, and loved a series so much at the same time. My love for the original trilogy, and hopefully 4, makes up for the fact I almost hate Zero and CVX being so gross.

But that is why these kind of series will always be around, because it's competition between companies, much like Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank also.

Phoenix Aska
What the hell is the new one?

What are you talking about?

RE2 is the best one so far...

Code veronica was good too but it was the hardest one...
Dead Aim was fun for a little while but way to easy and the new one for the PS2 online just sucks!!

JToTheP
What the hell are you talking about?

RE4 is the NEW RE coming out, and Outbreak is awesome, you must have to play the PAL bulls*it version with no online.

CVX WAS SO EASY!!!!! If you think CVX was hard, I suggest you don't play REmake or Zero, Zero's hard is the hardest difficulty out of all 6 games in the initial series, Dead Aim is very simple, and boring now, and Outbreak isn't that hard, but still very fun.

JToTheP
Pick one:

RE:Zero (GCN)
RE/DC (PSX)
Resident Evil REmake (GCN)
RE2 (PSX/DC/PC/N64/GCN)
RE3:Nemesis (PSX/DC/PC/GCN)
RE:CV(X)(DC/Ps2/GCN)
RE: Survivor (PSX)
RE: Survivor 2:CODE:Veronica (Ps2)
RE: Dead Aim (Ps2)
RE4 (GCN)
RE:Outbreak (Ps2)
RE:Outbreak:File #2 (PS2)

Silent Hill (PSX)
Silent Hill 2 (:Restless Dreams)(PS2, PC, XBox)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2, PC)
Silent Hill 4:The Room (PS2, PC, XBox)

Pick one, first what series you mean, then out of the list of games for the console, Resident Evil 4 is the NEW GameCube game, coming out January 11th, 2005, RE:Outbreak is the NEW Ps2 one, and File #2 is due out in early 2005.

SaTsuJiN
so I dont get it.. how can silent hill be scarier, but RE be the better game?.. isnt that sortof an oxymoron?.. I thought they were contending for the crown of scary games?.. blink

dark1365
Scary? Ah..it's a tough one. I'd have to vote for the Silent Hill series, but RE really is snapping at its heels. They're that close.

JToTheP
Because Silent Hill focuses more on horror, then decent gameplay, where as Resident Evil has amazing gameplay and horror.

dark1365
I hate the controls for Resdient Evil, for gamecube. So annoying when you're trying to run from a zombie.

JToTheP
I love the controls on GameCube, Type A is the best I think, just hold B and juck the zombie, or zig-zag by it, I hate the controls on PSX/PS2.

SaTsuJiN
amazing horror?.. or just horror? because personally I found that after RE2 that the re series lost all of its scare factor completely... it felt more like an Evil dead episode

ChickinMeat
i remember when i first got the original RE for the psx, and i got home from school, slapped it in the drive, and had a jolly good play. man, the bit at the beggining where the dogs bust through the windows, that made me shat myself, and it was only about 3:45 in the afternoon!

but then i couldnt play silent hill 1, i found the demo hard enough to play, where your in the school, that was hella scary.

JToTheP
Amazing GAMEPLAY, and awesome scares. You need to play REmake on GameCube, put in Invisible Enemy mode, even if you memorize enemy locations you'll still almost sh*t yourself scared throughout the entire game. Zero has it scary parts, but I respect it fully for it's Hard difficulty being the most difficult mode I ever played throughout RE. RE3 was ridiculously scary due to Nemesis, I suggest you stop playing in the SUNLIGHT, and play at nightfall with no lights on, blinds closed, and a house full of shadowed objects.

The original RE was horrific for me, I was 12, and I played 2 first, and I had to stop being before the Licker, when I saw him crawl by the window, I turned off the PSX. But I got it that Christmas as a gift. laughing Then later on I got the Greatest Hits version of RE1, and it was horrifically scary for me.

I remember when I was 12 after that Christmas, and I had half-days w/ my friend got parent-teacher conferences, I went over his house everyday, and every weekend, and we worked through all 4 scenarios, and one time during Leon B, we woke up at 5 am, and he played RE2, and Mr. X mutated gutted Leon, and I screamed! He was laughing his ass off and telling me to be quiet. laughing Then I woke up later and his sister was throwing jelly beans at us. eek! laughing

As always Gameplay>Graphics, which is what makes Resident Evil better then Silent Hill, Graphics are pretty, but Gameplay is the heart.

SaTsuJiN
blink I did... and I own the gamecube Re1.. that was about the last good RE game no expression

chops
Silent hill is much more scarier i fell asleep with the lamp on after playing.RE wasent really that scary just a couple of shock moments

dark1365
The shock moment? The only one I had while playing RE:gamecube was when Barry ran up behind me, and I thought it was a Hunter, and jumped a foot in the air.
Silent Hill would make a damned good movie. But they have to do it right.

Mr Zero
"better" if you want that gun toting action thang.

Silent Hill had me curious to see what came next, to work out what was going on, to get to the bottom of the mystery... much as I liked RE Silent Hill is by far the better game for my $.

Plus, RE made me laugh and holler and shout ... SH made my cry for my mommy.

dark1365
Cry for mommy? Wow, the only worst moment I had when playing SH2 was turning every single light on in the den. Lamps, Flashlights.
Yeah, SH is much better worth than RE. If you want a good scare, that is.

Daedalus
'Hill is way better than 'Evil! big grin

JToTheP
sorry, delete this please moderators.

JToTheP
Like I said, Konami makes Silent Hill while worrying about Graphics and Visuals, rather then decent Gameplay and fighting off enemies. Capcom captures a combination of the two with REmake, Zero, and 4. Great Gameplay, combined with Great Visuals, and in-your-face horror, not psychological weird sh*t, and an EMPTY construction yard in Silent Hill 3 before you pull the tub's plug.

The Silent Hill movie is beginning to look like a Resident Evil wannabe to me, a bunch of weird zombie-like people telling them to get out of Silent Hill.

I like horror games where you CAN defend yourself, not run around with a flashlight, but that's pretty irrelevent, but Silent Hill 2 has terrible gameplay due to the enclosed environments, and if you can't run by a creature, you have to fight it, but Silent Hill 2 makes both impossible, which is why I perfur 1 and 3 over 2 and 4, if I had to choose out of the Silent Hills.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Slient Hill has the most ****ED up monsters.

JToTheP
This will forever be a competition, because they companies made each game like this on purpose.

I played Silent Hill 2 & 3, and I've watched every cinema, endings, and read plot summaries of all 4 Silent Hills, so I'm fully able to say what I feel about Silent Hill.

I absolutely love Resident Evil, I have the original trilogy on PSX, RE2 on N64, and all 6 games on Nintendo GameCube, as well as Resident Evil:Outbreak on Ps2.

Silent Hill 2 had alot of clumsy gameplay. The beginning with those weird creatures who ran away on their hands after being hit with the lead pipe, in the Apartment, I tried to target one, and James struck the WALL, and it got away, I was very discouraged. Though myself personally, I perfur Silent Hill 1 & 3, for the in-your-face horror, or that they attempt. I never played Silent Hill 1, but I have a friend who did, as well as saw every cinema, ending, and read a plot summary. I thought the Gameplay was a little improved in Silent Hill 3, with the harder, and lighter stabs with the knives, etc. The visuals were, and still are since Silent Hill 4 looks like garbage, one of the reasons why Playstation 2 may not be buried under the power of GameCube and XBox afterall. I believe Silent Hill worries to much about leaving you with fear by putting errey environments, but hardly any monsters inside them, because from what I saw, every part with a very f*cked monster, was a cinema, or boss fight, but I give them the credit for leaving me with fear and that I will never play Silent Hill 3 again, but I doubt any nightmares at all.

Resident Evil, now where to begin with my horror beauty, which I had first brought into my life at 12? Resident Evil 2 was my first one to play, and I got to the police station, and to the room where the licker crawls along the window, and I was terrified, turned it off, had a nightmare that night. I got Resident Evil 2 for Christmas, at my request of loving it, even if it scared me half to death. Amazing visuals (to me, at the time) awesome Gameplay, it was the devastating punch that made me like Resident Evil more then Silent Hill. I worked my way through each of the 4 scenarios of RE 2 with a friend, having different nightmares occationally. I bought Resident Evil 1 in the mix and got as much, if not worse terrors then I did from Resident Evil 2. I worked my way through Jill's Scenario, and Chris' A LOT later on, I had over a dozen nightmares from this game. Christmas of 99', I got Resident Evil 3:Nemesis, and get nightmares up the ass about Nemesis. An incredible ride I must say, one hell of a scenario, the perfect visuals, perfect gameplay, story, everything was coming together with the series I thought.

May 2000, I got my Dreamcast, and CV. I had decided Jill and Leon to be my favorite RE characters ever, so I didn't take to well about Claire and Chris being the players of the game, especially since I hated Chris. I worked my way through the game, I had one nightmare. The visuals were incredible, gameplay held as perfect as 3, story was....interesting, RE was on it's way. I later got CVX on PS2, and liked the new ending, and more tie-in cinemas. April 2002, got REmake. WOW! I won't go into a huge thing, but I absolutely love this game now. I beat it 16 times in 2 1/2 months, the visuals blew my mind so far out of proportion, I was stunned, and the Gameplay had been immortalized as far as I was concerned. November 2002, Zero time. No nightmares at all, decent scares, decent story, worth my $50 due to the difficulty of the Hard difficult, and Billy being pretty cool. April 2004, I got RE:O, I played through 4 of the 5 scenarios offline. Later on, I got the Adapter, went online, played through some scenarios, got a keyboard, and I played until October, hated 1 scenario, started to get tied of 3, loved the last.

So as you can see, I feel RE is going alot further, and doing better things then Silent Hill, but I was fair and gave each series it's parts which I spoke of. And RE4 will be absolutely better then Silent Hill 4.

aNtihero
Actually silent hill is more likely to happen, since ppl could go nuts and see shit like in Silent hill 2 if you know the real story to it.. Its mainly his head fukcing with him.

SaTsuJiN
if you ask me the gameplay is exactly the same for both of them.. hold trigger.. raise weapon.. press button to attack w/ it. then you find keys / solve puzzles to get to the next area, fight a boss and so on.
Silent hill makes the better movie, because they cant put stupid rock music in like they did with Resident Evil movies (to make up for the fact that they cant scare anyone)

dark1365
Silent Hill kicks RE!
The monsters look so bizarre, it's creepy, kinda like the Grudge.
And Mr.Sysadmin, leave this thread on, please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.