Teaser Poster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LANGEB_ESSEJ
Is this the real teaser poster?
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/pictures/sw2_conceptposter.jpg

queeq
No reports on the official page. So I guess it's just GREAT fan art. I love it!

LANGEB_ESSEJ
Now, about the image: It was posted by Coming Attractions, here's what their article reads:

August 21, 2001... Our next scoop is what Coming Attractions is all about: determining if something is authentic, or if it's false. We're going to tell you everything that we know and leave it up to time to ultimately reveal if the image we received is an actual teaser poster design or some really good fan art. Since it cannot be proved to be from Lucasfilm, and we cannot stand behind our scooper's buttertion that it is legit because we do not know who they are, we must be prepared to buttume the worst.

But if it's not fake...if it's really what our scooper says it is...

Here's what we know:

Early Tuesday morning we were contacted by a scooper via email. They claimed to have something they wanted to show us. After replying to their original query letter, we were sent the following image: what appears to be a teaser poster design for Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

No, really, no joke. That's what this is supposed to be. And before you start smacking us around for getting your hopes up, know there are two reasons why we're publishing this image:

there's no doubt it's a very nice looking piece of art; the question is, is it really leaked from within Lucasfilm, or is it a talented Photoshop forgery...someone's idea of a practical joke? (When the title of the movie is Attack of Clones, all bets are off, aren't they?)

the person who sent us this image has given us an expiration date for when this alleged poster design is supposed to go public on the Official Star Wars website: approximately six days from today, which would make it Monday, August 27.

The person who sent us the alleged (and we can't underline that word enough) poster design also said that this image is not the finished article, but that it gives a clear idea as to what the teaser poster design will resemble.
Either we'll know in short order whether this poster design is a forgery or if it's got some basis in fact. And since we're the biggest skeptical bastards on the web, and we know how talented and sneaky some of you out on the Internet can be, we'll remain skeptical until Lucas says otherwise. We cannot stand behind our phantom scooper, as we did when another anonymous spy told us that Jimmy Smits had been cast in Episode II seven weeks before the Official site confirmed it. And even if the 27th comes and goes without so much as an update on the Official SW website, at least we'll know soon enough if the alleged poster design is authentic or not...and if it's not, well, at least we gave someone at Lucasfilm a good laugh or two.

mah
I don't think it looks like an typical official poster, but maybe I'm wrong stick out tongue

King Jedi
If that is the poster then it's a big dissapointment. It's boring and dull. sad

jedi212guy
There wasn't anything going on in the Epi. I teaser poster, just a shadow and Anakin looking at the ground.

King Jedi
Just a shadow? laughing out loud That's a bit of an understatement.

The TPM poster is the best I've ever seen.

jedi212guy
Yeh, well. I know. The Epi. I poster was awesome. Were there teaser posters for IV, V, or VI? I was too young to remember.

Ratcat
If this is real it will have been taken down by tomorrow morning because LFL lawyers will be all over it.

LANGEB_ESSEJ
I don't think there were teasers back then. I could be wrong

Ratcat
Seem's that TF.N have reported that FOX say it's fake...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=11995

DJ Velocity
I can see it is a stormtrooper helmet variation but what are those things along the bottom?

Also. Aren't the original stormtroopers supposed to wear the same armour as Boba Fett?

Ushgarak
'Shocktroopers', they were known as, if you mean the people the Jedi are meant to have fought in then Clone Wars, who wre indeed meant to wear that armour that Fett wore. But that is old info and no-one is certain of its accuracy.

Ratcat
Isn't this all rather moot now, the trooper image is cut from a still from Troops, not even from a real SW movie...

Dim
I think they could give a more clever twist on the whole clone trooper idea than that..it's just redundant..(my $.02)

KDawg
I don't believe this is even close to the real teaser poster that will come out godknows when.

Texas
When did the teaser poster for TPM come out?, odds are it will be around the same time for Attack of the Clones.

queeq
ROTJ did have a teaser poster. None of you remember the awesome red poster saying: Revenge of the Jedi??????

KDawg
I wasn't born when that teaser poster came out for ROTJ.

Ratcat
According to reports from Connections, Steve Sandsweet has stated that AOTC will follow a similar schedule to TPM as far as trailers and posters go.

queeq
That would be starting around October then....

But the DVD reports said that the trailer wouldn't be finished by the time of release, that it would include a link to a site that would keep us updated with progress of the trailer. I doubt that's gonna be before November, december.

King Jedi
If that is what the Clonetroopers look like then they seem a bit dull as well. They need some colour. I'd love to see armies of the Emperors Royal gaurd.

darthyogi
I really liked the episode I poster, especially as it seemd to be a homage to the old 'Omen' poster. This one, though, does seem a bit out of kilter. Ok, so the big face of the baddie is there, but apart from that it just doesn't seem Star Wars.

Nice as it is, I doubt it's genuine...

King Jedi
Hopefully not. I think the poster will show Anakin. Half his face in darkness, the other half in light.

queeq
Isn't that a bit too obvious?

yerssot
I don't think that it is the real one, they don't think they will take those guys for a cover, not even for a teaser because ALL the others had a lot of faces on it of MAIN characters, otherwhise they would have don't that also with TPM and the battledroids

Dim
Okay, so if it's going to be out in October that means that they're already working on it.. Jeesh, we really need an insider.

jedi212guy
I nominate you. big grin

Dim
okay, if you can get me a job in the LFL marketing department.. laughing out loud

queeq
*calls George*

Hi George .... yes, it's me. How's it going? .... Trouble in the art department? ....... Oh good, just what I wanted to talk about. I've got this cute girl here who can do a little artwork for you..... yes, she can...... I'll tell..... Thanks George.... what? .... Less JarJar?.... Good, just what wanted. Bye now!....Bye.

OK, Dim, Skywalker Ranch, tomorrow at noon. Lunch with George.

DJ Velocity
Cute girl?

Is Dim cute?

Hey Queeq, do you have the hots for her? laughing out loud

Only kidding!!! big grin

Dim
queeq, if it was only that easy roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Hey, DJV, do you think GL would want to see her if I didn't say she was cute? big grin

And it is that easy, Dimmy. All you have to do is ask. big grin

Ratcat
Well, all things considered, she does have her cute bits... big grin

Texas
Dim is a babe! Just look at her picture on the 'Big Picture' thred!

Ratcat
Oh, that's nothing, I have a whole selection on Dim pics... wink

Texas
Yeah, but does your wife know? wink

queeq
AHEM!

Oh, mind you. That is NOT Dim's body in that pic. wink

King Jedi
It's mine.

Ratcat
But of course, no secrets there my friend...

And I don't think they're her horns either...

Texas
I never understood the whole 'horn thing', but I do have to admit, it is a little sexy!!!! evil face evil face evil face ...... wink

Ushgarak
I am not denying you are an attractive man, KJ, but I think that shows the want of modesty...

queeq
Ah, the horns..... that goes way back. big grin

LanceWindu
How did we get into the conversation about horns?

queeq
Long story, LW, long story.

Ratcat
So you find the horns sexy Tex? Hmmm, you must have adoured Darth Maul then...

Texas
Ummm NOOOOOOOO!! Maybe if Darth Maul looked like Dim wink

LanceWindu
Hey Dim, I think Texas is trying to hit on you.

Texas
embarrasment embarrasment No I'm not Lance embarrasment embarrasment Queeq started this, I'm not gonna to be the scape goat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
Hmmm, what did the Joker say?

"Never rub another mans rhubarb." laughing out loud

Especially in his own backyard!!!

LanceWindu
confused Huh? confused

Ratcat
Should add, not my rhubard OR backyard... laughing out loud

King Jedi
Have you been reading my profile? stick out tongue

Ratcat
No, I hadn't seen that. Like you, I just like the line.

Dim
PFt!! What the... embarrasment Back on topic people!!!..I'm not a Teaser Poster!....

..a tease maybe..but that's another story. wink

yerssot
I stick to my point: it is a FAKE one

LanceWindu
Most definatly a fake poster.

King Jedi
Dim that sounded like a great line from a movie - "I am NOT a teaser poster!" just like "I am not a commitee!".

But the poster has been confirmed as a fake.

Dim
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Thank god..I was worried for the future of SW collectables...

queeq
So, when are we going to see Dim's Tease Poster? wink

Ratcat
Dim tease? That's a good one!!!

queeq
Leave us at least ONE illusion, RC. big grin

Dim
You can always count on RC to comment roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
laughing out loud HaHa laughing out loud

queeq
Dim, you'll always be my mental tease. But I can't say that aloud, or Gundy will hit me. wink

Ratcat
Yep. ya sure can! smile

queeq
But we already knew that. big grin

Dim
Unfortunately..

queeq
Awwe, Dimmy is sad.

*looks around to make sure Gundy is REALLY on vacation and then hugs Dimmy*

yerssot
Give her some tissues!!

King Jedi
Give Queeg some tissues.

yerssot
Now I'm going to cry!!!! sad sad sad sad

queeq
Now give yersott some tissues.

LanceWindu
Too many tears. This is all sad.

queeq
Chicks dig it when men cry. big grin

Don't ask me why though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DJ Velocity
I looked at the picture, I think there was 2 ladies on it, which one is Dim?confused

Sorry Dim I am just interested as everyone seems to know what each other looks like and you seem to be the most impressive big grin

DJ Velocity
Its OK. I read the whole "big picture" thread and Dim, WOW!!! laughing out loud

Dim
Oh lordy.. embarrasment

FYI: that's not my body..

Now everyone stop crying..

queeq
Actually, Dim's body is even more gorgeous than that. She changed it so we would stop panting and moaning all the time on the boards. We had the weirdest and most illegible posts around here. Now we only have our fantasy. laughing out loud

Dim
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

You should work in PR, queeq..

queeq
Your personal PR person???? big grin

DJ Velocity
I wasn't talking about your body. You have a pretty face. wink

Don't worry though, I've just been told that I look like Keith Duffy from Boyzone (again) by Mechmoggy.

Cheers pal laughing out loud

Dim
Hmmmmm...thank you DJ.

Hehehe..boy bands. rolling on floor laughing

Anyway, back to teaser posters...and away from poster teases.

Ratcat
DJV, you smooth talker you. big grin

DJ Velocity
So what do you say Dim? Me....You?

Only playing laughing out loud

I'll leave you alone now

One more thing, why were you all dressed up anyway, and Dim, why not use your body?

-Back on topic-

That "FAKE" teaser poster is muck

Ratcat
No one had their own body, Dim dressed us all up is costumes that had a suitable Star Wars feel to them.

DJ Velocity
Oh I see.

I just thought everyone had been to a convention or something in fancy dress. Except Dim who had faked a photo. stick out tongue

Dim
laughing out loud Can you imagine if THIS group ever met..

DJ Velocity
Recipe for disaster!!! laughing out loud

jedi212guy
The end of the world. stick out tongue

King Jedi
Or the most entertaining night ever.

Ratcat
Could prove fatal...

Dim
Surely it woudln't be that bad..

King Jedi
You might want it to be fatal, if you met some of us. big grin

DJ Velocity
Speak for yourself King big grin

Bragg2012
any chance of our own teaser poster competition?

Dim
Yeah...I don't know how many people would do it..

Maybe if they put something up on the www.killermovies.com page about it?...

Ratcat
You wanna bet...

King Jedi
You see Dim. There would be gambling and all sorts of terrible thing going on. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.