Prophecy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DJ Velocity
Sorry to rake over old coals

I have just been reading about Ragnarok. In Norse mythology, this is the apocalypse. It sounds quite like what is is happening with Jedi Vs Sith. Good Vs Evil. Basically the whole world will be engulfed in darkness and destruction as the Gods fight the bad guys and the leader of the baddies eventually destroys Heaven and Earth. A few Gods will survive and eventually replenish the world.

The funny thing is the analogies. The Jedi Council seems to be the Gods, knowing of the prophecy, who will kill who, what happens etc, but are unable to do anything about.

The few surviving Gods (Ben & Yoda)

Replenishing the Earth/Galaxy of people/Jedi (Luke)

There are many others. I suggest looking into it if you want another perspective on the whole prophecy.

Could GL be looking at Norse Mythology for his ideas.

Sorry though, no mention of disappearing Gods when they die big grin

yerssot
It is known that GL searchs in old and new mythologies to get inspiration for his movies, even other movies are watched by GL for this

DJ Velocity
I am well aware that Lucas uses many forms or mythology and religion. My point is, is he using "Norse" Mythology to explain elements of the prophecy.

yerssot
I know that. He used other stuff also that you didn't mentioned from the Norse mytholegy

jedi212guy
Like what, yerssot?

yerssot
I am not that familiar with Norse stuff,
but on the official site was something about Odin and another god, the official site is a guess, it could be also on the BTM-cd, in any case, on an official source

jedi212guy
Alrighty then.

yerssot
I'll try to find it back, but it will take a long time, my computer at home just had his monthly crash

jedi212guy
That sucks.

Ushgarak
It's more Greek than Norse, though Ragnarok has entered basic mythology so totally that it would be near impossible for SW to not be influenced at all by it.

There were far more Evil Giants than Sith, of course.

Ratcat
GL does take in a lot of elements of meany mythologoies and theologies to build his universe.

Then agin, which so much stuff out there, he could be trying to be original and just happeneing to match uyp along the way???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.