Ob1 in AOTC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phinney6
Man I just read the script that queeq gave me and they make ob1 out to be a BAD master and a BAD fighter, my god he couldn't even beat Jango Fett. I HATE IT!!! I have lost all faith in Lucas. Didn't he beat Maul or was that a fluke, a lucky thing. OB1 is my favorite character and I want him to do good in episode II

Ratcat
Remember, that is just the Criptment and not the actual script, it could be very wrong or very right, we do not know.

Texas
Dont worry Phinney, he makes it all the way to Episode IV, he has to have good fighting skills to make it that far smile

phinney6
RC, Do you believe that OB1 did good in the "SCripment" The one I got?

darthyogi
If OBI Wan beat everyone in EpII he'd make the other Jedi look bad for failing and getting killed. I think the idea is we all know OBI Wan is a powerful force, so seeing him struggle only re-enforces how foremidable the enemy is and lends credability to the death of thousands of other Jedi.

Instead of seein it as OBI Wan being disappointing for not winning, see it as OBI Wan being exceptional for not being one of the Jedi who die.

Without wanting to sound calous, I'm looking forward to seeing OBI Wan struggle.

King Jedi
Exactly. And he's not supposed to me that good a master anyway, as he loses Anakin.

queeq
Good point.

But we'll see plenty of "good" action from OB1. I really look forward to the scene where he jumps on top of the floating droid on Coruscant.

King Jedi
Damm you and you're spoilers! I never knew the droid was a floater. big grin

sand person no. 10
ah, a new thread at last, finally people not talking about Ewan McGregor and that damn title, but since i haven't yet read the 44 pages of the scriptment (yes Queeq I will) I can't really comment. YET!!!

sand person no. 10
I had been typing up a load of stuff about the scriptment, but i've decided not to post it, if people want my views they can ask for it. All i can say is what a load of crap. I can believe some of it, mainly because of the select pics and what can be deduced from them, and because of some of the rumours and what was obviously going to happen? But some of the other stuff no no, i hope not, God I hope not.

LanceWindu
What stuff do you hope isn't in the movie sand person no. 10?

queeq
I bet it's the fighting Yoda. I must say, I'm a little apprehensive about that one too.

LanceWindu
I think seeing Yoda fighting is going to be awesome. Inall the other movies we don't really see his power of being a Jedi. Now we get to see what he is made of.

queeq
That showed his strength really.

What strikes me as odd though, we may never see Palpy fight. Yet in ROTJ we see how powerful he is without a sabre. Shouldn't the same thing go for Yoda???

I mean, jumping on Dooku's shoulders during a lightsabre fight..... isn't that too much of a Muppet Show?

LanceWindu
Yoda has to make use of his size. He is short therefore he should jump on people... I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore.

queeq
Sounds a lot like Gonzo the Great.

sand person no. 10
**Possible spoilers**

I don't like

1. The fact that the JC are so close to Palpatine and still don't recognise for who he is.

2. The Amidala Anakin love story is too short, thats some impression they made on each other ten years ago.

3. The thing with Shmi and the Sandpeople, it seems to be an easy way out and gives anakin a reason for attacking them.

4. The battle with the reek (I think) at the end, bit too like Gladiators for me.

5. THe bit where ob1 jumps on that droid and flys through coruscant.

6. I thought the clones were the bad guys.

7. The impecable timing of Yoda and the clones.

8. Yoda fighting, jumping around jeesh

9. The fact that we still don't know that Sidious is Palpatine

10. It doesn't feel like a Star Wars film.

11. Anakin doesn't show enough anger and hatred.

12. Anakin using two lightsabres

Theres other stuff but I don't want to put too many spoilers in. It seems like this scriptment has been thrown together by someone who has seen all of the select pics and listened to gossip from other fans. I honestly don't think the film will be like this.

queeq
A lot has to be filled up of course. I'm sure the love scenes of Anakin and Padme will be much more extensive than that. And we DO find out Paply is the baddie (Sido Dyas whatever) since Dooku congratulates him.

And well, if you don't like most of it (which it seems like), you may not like the film.

sand person no. 10
i don't dislike it, i just don't think this is whats going to happen!

yerssot
Everything can change, even when it is in post-production

phinney6
I think OB1 was a good master, it was the student who was bad. Yoda didn't think the even if he himself had trained him that it would not work, I think the JC was kinda dumb, because if they are going to let someone train anakin wouldn't it be them. It might work with them.

Ushgarak
I actually think Yoda was mistaken in thinking he couldn;t do it. Remember, GL says that even Yoda made big mistakes with Anakin. I think leaving the training to poor Obi-Wan was one of them.

Dim
Besides, OB1 admitted his failure with Anakin in OT. I for one am glad that we get to see it. It woudln't make since to show him being sucessful with Anakin if it ends up failing.

phinney6
AMEN! Beside OB1 does good with luke...even for a short time...he convinces him to turn Jedi

yerssot
The only thing that OB1 did was saying that Annakin was a Jedi, afterwards Luke decided for himself to become a Jedi:
"I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father before me. There is nothing for me here."

Dim
True, but Ben made it possible for Luke to do that..so he served his purpose and redeemed himself.

yerssot
Yes he made it possible but you must read carefully:

AMEN! Beside OB1 does good with luke...even for a short time...he convinces him to turn Jedi

OB1 didn't convinced him, he gave him the opportunaty.

queeq
He doesn't CONVINCE him??????????????? what does this sound liek then: "Luke, you ought to learn the ways of the Force when you are to come with me to Alderaan." and "Learn about the Force, Luke."

Sounds like a pretty persistent fellow to me.

Ushgarak
I agree with Queeq here. Obi-Wan was trying very hard to persuade; he just wasn;'t being as in-your-face about it as he could have been.

jedi212guy
I also agree. He never said anything like, "Luke, are you sure you want to become a Jedi? It's a hard life, and many Jedi have died before you." Nothing like that at all! Just "Learn the ways of the Force, Luke." smokin'

LanceWindu
Now that I think about it he was persistant.

queeq
Good.

yerssot
Tssss!

"Luke, you ought to learn the ways of the Force when you are to come with me to Alderaan."

That is wrong! I'm very sure it is

"Luke, you ought to learn the ways of the Force IF you are to come with me to Alderaan."

queeq
You might be right. He still said it very persistently though. The line "Learn about the Force, Luke", proves that.

phinney6
I am not to sad about ob1 being crap in Episode II. His glory is in III

yerssot
When does he say "learn the ways of the Force"? I can't remember that

queeq
I think he meant the "Learn about the Force, Luke" line, in OB1 house.

phinney6
who here likes ob1 and thinks he is a darn good jedi

Ushgarak
Me!

And the waty he says 'if you are to come to Alderan...' has a very clear tone to it which assumed that Luke was going to come. So it was just a as persuasive a line as if he had used 'when' 'When' would have just sounded too arrogant.

jedi212guy
Exactly. smokin'

Oh ye, I love OB1!

yerssot
You can say that he forsaw the death of Lukes uncle and aunt.

phinney6
goooooo!!!! ussshhhh

queeq
I still haven't made up my mind about OB1. I have to see the other two films first. He seems to be a sort of tragic anti-hero.

phinney6
Oh?

queeq
Yes. Look at it.

TPM: arrogant young Jedi with great capabilities
EPII: Teacher and ???
EpIII: Fails teaching Anakin but probably wins fight with the great Jedi Anakin/Vader
EpIV: Starts teaching Luke, dies in fighting Vader by his own will.
EpV: Helps Luke to complete his training
EpIV: Appears to be a liar, or at least very creative with the truth.

So, I don't know yet.

Dim
I have to agree with that..I've always felt a little sad about his character. Never really seemed to be a bright spot for him..not counting the twin suns.

queeq
Yes, exactly. He's not really the GREAT hero. He fails quite often despite his great potential.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.