Halo for pc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ok so i only have the demo so far, but even this one demo is so kickass. Jesus it's awesome!

BackFire
Yeah, I have the game. It's really good but it requires a pretty hefty system. Which is strange since it was able to run on an X-Box which has pretty lousy system specs compared to most computers these days.

It's kinda sluggish as well...but it's extremely fun if you can get past some choppy moments

i'm playing halo demo on 1.6ghz and it runs relatovly fine. so it doesn't seem like it neeeds an extremely fast processor

BackFire
When you get to parts where their are alot of enemies on screen, it will slow down.

Fire
does anybody know where my bro can find a key gen?

(it aint for me cause everyone who knows my playing habbits knows I almost only play startegy games, with one exception Unreal2003)

Lag
Does anybody have the Xbox controller adapter for PC. I want to get the game for computer to play online but I'm no good with the Mouse and Keyboard. So if anybody can tell me if the adapter is any good then I'll lean towards getting it.

forumcrew
you dont need a key gen... put in whatever cd key you want and get a no cd patch you can still play online just only with others who use the patch but there are hundreds.. but really just go buy it

SnakeEyes
Hey lag, i strongly suggest u get good with a mouse and keyboard, it rules for FPS's like Halo. I got 150 kills in one round on Halo for the PC. good stuff!

Jedi Shmedi
Halo does kick ass on the PC. Except for those cry-babies who say Geerbox "destroyed" Halo when they bring it to the PC. "The flame thrower is too powerful", "The game's to choppy", "There's no online co-op", "To easy for noobs to get kills with the fuel-rod" oh just shut the hell up.

The game's multiplayer kicks-ass regardless of those things. I think Geerbox did an excellent job and I'll be playin this game for a looooooong time.

SnakeEyes
i agree!

Linkalicious
Halo for PC rules. I play FPS all the time and now, i'm a machine on Halo. It's a million times easier to hit upper bodies and heads in that game.

I even switched the buttons so that it's a lot more like Counter-Strike instead of the FPS controls it comes with as default.

WindDancer
I admit never to play this on a pc only in an Xbox. I was kinda interested but I heard the game had some bugs, and frozen every now and then. It looks good, but I never play it.

Linkalicious
I've never had it freeze up on me, but i do agree with what Backfire said. I originally had a 128 meg vid card and 512 megs of ram, and it was boggy and slow. Then i swapped it for my good card and stuck in the other 512 and it runs like a dream.

But everything runs great on my comp. Oh and i wouldn't buy it if I had it on X-box (which i do) because it's the same game. I only got it on PC because it came with my sound card.

Robo-Chocobo
meh i dont like pc halo. I love the new weapons(desoite the frustration they bring) but it takes such a powerful system that their are unfair advantages to it. I shot at a guy with the sniper rifle, and he lived. he moved out of the way, and lag made me miss.

Matrix Overload
When the environment is large and there is a pelican or covenant dropship on the screen it gets slowed down. Or lots of enemies. But other than that the levels load almost instantanious and gameplay is great. The xbox version you have to wait a year before the levels load. Multiplayer is ok but i wish you could choose your spawn point. There if should bemusic in multiplayer too. Also, people are too good with the noob cannons. I sometimes get really pist off at those cannons. And, for xbox and pc alike, the human pistol is way too pwerful. And the friggin Banshee is so slow that someone with a pistol can kill someone in a banshee with one clip because you can't get away fast enough.

SaTsuJiN
thats cuz bungie was too lazy to convert the program themselves, so they left it to gearbox (whom I also believe handled the counterstrike Pc to xbox translation... and very lousy might I add). Gearbox apparently sucks at making ports from one system to another. The game shouldnt lag so horrbly as it does. two thumbs down from me..
xbox ver hands down great

ArkaidR
Let me just put my 2 cents wrth of opinion in for a sec. I played the halo demo and I'm quite disapointed. All the freaky haloites wouldn't shut up about how great this game was and well it started to piss me off (just upgraded from a P.O.S. box). so, I desided to give it a try. Almost nothings original in this game. Except for the rechargeabll shield they just took whatever they thought was good from other games ot at the time
ie: Quake 3: Area, Unreal Tournament, Tribes 2, and Half Life (not too sure on Half Life thought)

The storyline is very similar to Alien (watch the movie and see for yourself). BUT, the part the that really Pissed me off is all the damn newbie fuks that think that just cause they can beat a game on "let me win" that they own the world and the one Shooter the have played is the best and go to every single other shooter site and compare their precious game to one made at around 2-3 years before it. Please don't give thatsame speech you giv toi all the other anti-Halo people, I know it too well. I am not saying Halo sucks I'm just saying it is a disapointment from what everybody made it out to be as. (all that was the PC version)

As for the Xbox Version: xbox doesn't have that much of a list of fps games so you have a right to love it.

All in all I didn't mean to disrespect those of you who respect others favorite games. You like your's I'll like mine.

(^^^Pretty damn big for my first post. Be gentle^^^)

BackFire
I also always found halo to be a bit over rated. It's a solid game, but it didn't do anything new. It was just a big deal because it was a good shooter for a console, and they are few and far between.

Arachnoidfreak
Well, it is overrated now because of all the hype it got back when it first came out. Doesn't mean it's crap, it was named Game of the Year for a reason.

ArkaidR
It is a good game but not that good. I think we would all agree that if micro$oft did't buy out Bungie it would have really been a "Awsome Holy Crap WTF OMG Shooter of all time."

Zeo_117
Well, by now Halo PC is getting tons of Hype because of all the features, HMT, Sparkedit, HHT, you can hack, change around maps With Halo: CE you can make your own maps, all the single player maps have a multiplayer version, it's much easier to enhance the game with PC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.