HAckers (the movie) good or not good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Matrix_4_ever
i personly have an obsesion wtih angolena jole so i luved that movie

SaTsuJiN
I thought it was great, albiet silly since I saw them playing a modified version of the game wipeout for playstation on the big screen. They get points for making hacking look cool, but in reality it looks a whole lot more boring then they portrayed it. Good movie though

Matrix_4_ever
1 thing that pissed me off was the fake operating system they used!
it would ethier be windows or mac os..

SaTsuJiN
or linux, freeware which can be manipulated to look like anything you please with enough knowledge

Kes
Hey another Angelina fan thumb up big grin
Yeh I enjoyed this movie. Saw it ages ago thou.

Bad Boy
I've never seen it, but I know it's become something of a cult film.

sugarxen
personally watched it for johnny miller, but it was i thought it was good...it does kinda rank in the cult 90s films like the craft. but eh it's great to rent for a night in or whatever...

buffymitch
this was the movie that made me fall in love with Angelina. It was the first movie i saw with her in it. I was totally obsessed with it. Angie rock in thismovie just like in any other movie.

And oh yeah the mvie is great. i love when Angie plays the swimming pool prank on Johnny.

Hegemon875
I liked it. Interesting story and at least is a very good rental.

Matrix_4_ever
True smile

Matrix_4_ever
me too!!

Darth Vicious
i love this movie, i bought it recently(DvD) at a Wal-mart for $5.99 which i think is cheap, i like the movie and concept but i really hated the way they tried to portary the OS in the computers and the way they were navigating it, it would be cool if computers were like that, by the way i have a question, i myself work in the Computers field and im yet to figure out what the hell was "Zero Cool" wearing over his eye, what was that device for? also now i find it funny when they in Acid Burns mom's office and they see her mothers laptop that they all get excited about the 28k when now thats nothing compared to DSL and Cable connection! HACK THE PLANET!!!!!

Matrix_4_ever
i think the divice he had in his head was a second lcd display so he can use more then 1 aplication while hacking the gigson

Hypernova
Yes, I liked this movie too when I first saw it... When was this movie made again? It seems to long ago!

Fu'Seth
This movie is great!!! Although i agree with what most of you are saying about the OS systems and inter-faces but if they had made it anymore realistic then you would have little 8 year old learning to hack by what they see on a movie!!!! anyhoo's , Yes its a bloody good film!! they should make a new one i think, (as now aday's its more of a buzz, with the new connex available and more to HACK!!!!!!!! shifty cool

Matrix_4_ever
ther is a hackers 2 you know? try your local video store : smile

Kes
Hackers is from 95.

Darth Vicious
Whos in Hackers 2?

strega13
same here
the movie is ok but angelina is absolutely awesome in it , i discovered her in GIA and never recovered since then
she is the best

Matrix_4_ever
i have only seen the beging. knowbody i have herd of

Kes
Hackers 2:Takedown

Credited cast:
Skeet Ulrich .... Kevin Mitnick
Nicole Arnold .... Exotic Dancer
Ned Bellamy .... Tom Piori
Tom Berenger .... McCoy Rollins
Cara Buono .... Christina Painter
Michael Burgess .... Security Officer
Scott Cooper .... Mark Seiden
Angela Featherstone .... Julia
Keith Flippen .... Rudiance #1
Gil Johnson .... Plainclothes Cop
Mark Joy .... Committee Chairman
David S. Jung .... Maven
Alexis Kasperavicius .... Alex Lowe's Hacker Friend (as Alex Kasper)

I only know Skeet Ulrich and Tom Berenger (at least by name)

Darth Vicious
Anyone know where i can buy Hackers 2: Operation Takedown, its supposed to be banned here in the USA which is making it hard to find and i havent seen it yet on ebay and when i did saw it on ebay it was kinda expensive for a movie!

Kes
Maybe www.amazon.com

Matrix_4_ever
banded in usa what the hell for??? mad

Darth Vicious
Dunno, i was looking for the Movie in Ebay and found it and in the movie description said it was banned in the USA, why i dunno but im gonna look into it and see what i find!

Matrix_4_ever
when was hackers 2 made

Darth Vicious
Not sure but Yes this film was banned by the U.S. because of some of the information
given in the film. This is because unlike the first Hackers film which was a
fictional story, Hackers 2 is based on the true events of Kevin Mitnick,
Americas most notorious computer hacker, but instaed of being in it for the
money he wanted freedom of sensitive information. The films does go into
some detail on how they actually hacked into all these systems

Matrix_4_ever
o
darth check your inbox

Matrix_4_ever
cool im going to wal-mart tomarow i have only seen it on tv Happy Dance

dirkdirden
I re_watched this movie over the weekend and it is hilarious how outdated everything was back in 1995. People still rollerbladed back then. I didn't even realize that Angelina Jolie was in it until I rewatched it 11 years later. She is Uber hot in this movie.

Anyone else watch this recently?

Darth Vicious
Not recently but last time I watched it I remember laughing at how amazed they were at the modem speed which I believe it was 28k or 56k which is nothing nowadays.

The Core
Originally posted by dirkdirden
I re_watched this movie over the weekend and it is hilarious how outdated everything was back in 1995. People still rollerbladed back then. I didn't even realize that Angelina Jolie was in it until I rewatched it 11 years later. She is Uber hot in this movie.

Anyone else watch this recently?

How can something be outdated when it was current when the movie was made? It's technology. Of course it's going to look silly now. Besides, the Gibson wasn't even real, unless you kids really think you can hack into a computer, and see a bunch of towers of words with really bad CG.

I love "Hackers", personally.

Damo Iz God
I love this film and recently bought it on DVD so yes I have watched it recently. Favourite character would have to be Acid Burn.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by The Core
How can something be outdated when it was current when the movie was made? It's technology. Of course it's going to look silly now. Besides, the Gibson wasn't even real, unless you kids really think you can hack into a computer, and see a bunch of towers of words with really bad CG.

Hackers was kinda cheesy in many ways but it remains one of my favorites and I never get tired of watching it. The "pool" leak is one of my favorite scenes.

Milkie
I love this movie.

of course it would be outdated it is an old movie technology back then was just booming. Most of that stuff back then would be amazing if you knew what the hell they where talking about and was up to date with what computers were capable of.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by The Core

Every time I decide to hack into my bank I see a bunch of Towers of hex with really bad CG that part hasn't change the only difference now is that the hex moves even faster because I now have 256K. and the Gibson isn't real because they couldn't use its real name its real name is the Zohpar and hacking it is damn hard with hex flying at your head after every turn

Do any of you own Hackers 2? I watched it a long time ago and can't remember if it sucked or if I liked it I just remember watching it late at night on TV.

Milkie
Hackers 2

Sounds like a straight to DVD/VCR

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Milkie
Hackers 2

Sounds like a straight to DVD/VCR

I believe Hackers 2: Operation Takedown was staright to DVD. IMO It was a pretty good film. It has a more serious tone than the first one. It deals with real life hacker Kevin Mitnick.

The Core
Nnnnnnnope. "Hackers 2" was actually "Track Down" or "Take Down", depending on the US/UK titling. It was a BAD, BAD movie with Skeet Ulrich.

Darth Vicious
To each its own I guess. I liked it. This movie did had a few different names: http://imdb.com/find? q=Hackers%202:%20Operation%20takedown;s=tt;site=ak
a

office jesus
The movie was good. Could've been great without Angelina. Why do so many people like her? Personally? I think she's a ****. So there.

TigerDawn
The movie was true to the time it was made. Awesome for what it was. But the geek is too mainstream today for it to stick out in a crowd.

Wolfie
I just saw it the other day after reading this thread. It was okay. I'm glad they added the Johnny Mneumonic-like CGI 'cause I can imagine it being really boring without it.

Coolhalvo
Hackers = Fantastic!! We can ignore the fact that the hacking isnt the greatest because the all the elements were there. Cheesy at times, but again fantastic!! Thumbs up.

Bardock42
'tis okay.

dirkdirden
Good soundtrack and very fun to watch so I like it. So it was good as entertainment but bad as a movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.