Rebirth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
I finally got me a copy of Rebirth today! cool

Ratcat
I just started reading Rebirth yesterday.

Interesting how they have started to add little Prequel Trilogy snippets like the reference to "Naboo Tile" on pg64 (UK ed) when describing Lando's suite....

JediOasis
Yeah, in one of the early books, Onslaught I think, Anakin mentions the Gungans and how they use living things instead of machines. Naboo is on the map, maybe they'll make it there someday.

LanceWindu
Just finished Rebirth yesterday. I thought it was excellent. The only reason it took me so long was I'm trying to waste time till Star by Star.

Ratcat
Just finished Rebirth last night.

My one disappointment was the fact that Greg Keyes brought back Mara's illness only to have it disappear again in the final 5 pages with no explanation.

Seemed like a case of doing it just for the sake of it...

LanceWindu
Well at least we know that the illness is gone from her system.

JediOasis
The only problem I had was that too much stuff was going on at once. It should have been broken into two different books. Oh well, with SbS being over 600 pages, that should more than make up for it.

Ratcat
I agree, it should have been a 3 parter, not a 2 parter.

LanceWindu
I was getting dizzy from all of the scenario changes.

Ratcat
The end did seem to gallop up at an unbelievable rate.

Julie
Rebirth was an excellent book. It has me counting every second until I can hold the hardback 600 pg SBS. I read a spoiler on it at theforce.net, but I'm still going to read the book. I think that the series is great so far, and even if SBS disappoints me, I'll read all the others to come.

LanceWindu
That's what I say don't let one book spoil it for you. Anyway's I'm sure we all want to know what happens to the Vong.

JediOasis
The Vong will lose, thats what will happen. big grin

LanceWindu
I'm sure everybody already knows that. We just want to know how they lose.

Julie
Well, however they lose, I'm sure it'll be a glorious defeat...star wars style!!

yerssot
great! dad came and he had bought me Rebirth, after reading (spoiler free ofcourse) I have a lot of hope in this one!
I need a good book after Rogue planet!

LanceWindu
Cool, this is a great book IMHO.

yerssot
I'm around page 70 now, and I have to agree, I don't understand why they made crappy books first and than suddenly make this masterpiece... it's THE best I've ever read in EU that is

Julie
I take it you haven't read any of the later books from NJO?????
Rebirth was great, but there are some other really really good NJO books out there

yerssot
heck, it's my first NJO book! Well, I hope I get my hands on some others too

Julie
eek! oh man...you definately need to read some more....

yerssot
hey! I read enough! I challange you to find SW books overhere! It's impossible!

Julie
Umm I'm over here so I doubt I can take you up on that challenge....why don't you order them from somewhere....
I am sorry to hear that it is hard to get good SW books over there though....I'm not sure I could stand it...the horror

yerssot
nah, I pass my time with other things

well, as said to corran, I just can't order online!

Julie
um why not?

yerssot
minor+don't have a creditcard+parents won't allow it=poodoo

LanceWindu
That sucks.

Julie
Actually that's probably a good thing for the parents....besides your dad does buy you Star Wars books when he can...right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.