Ewan talks EPII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Did any of you read or see the interview Ewan McGregor had with the BBC. He said some things about Ep2. The main thing that struck me was that he said the script is much better than the first. He felt the first was not very good. Guess it's official now: Ep1 could have been a lot better.

queeq out

Dim
Yeah, but Ewan's a pretty negative person...always griping about something...but still, it's nice to hear that he likes the script.

queeq
Well, yes. But he has done some great films, so I guess he knows what he's talking about. And when a gripe like him likes a script, it's probably pretty good.

queeq out

finti
Ewan is probably more of a main character in epII, and that's what he likes about it. Its kind of "I like to see myself a lot" point of view

the Whill
If Ewan didn't like the EP1 script then he should have said no. There were thousands of actors who would have been more gratefull than he seems to be, and he has made some very bad films in his short career.

Ratcat
I agree, he didn't have to take it. I don't think he actually saw the script for Episode-I before he took it though.

Also, how can he say the script is better? In all likelyhood he's only seen his bits and what he actually means is that his part is better...

UnknownBountyHunter
I agree with The Whill, Ewan's appearance doesn't strike me as how I first originally picture a younb OB1. I think he had a very well laid-out role in Ep. I and what's to gripe about? I merely think Ep. II will fulfill its dream in making Ep. I look like a commercial for action figures stick out tongue

Dim
Lets hope so.

I think Ewan probably got one of those complete scripts that were numbered...remember that Anthony Daniels did, so it's only logical that he did too.

queeq
I don't think Ewan saw the Ep1 script either. His part was fairly small. Perhaps he felt the finished products wasn't all what he had expected it to be. So what? I had the same feeling and I still do.
So Ewan made some bad films, he made some really great ones as well. Much like Liam Neeson for that matter. So for me that's not an argument.
Maybe this time he either read the whole script or just his parts which is a big chunk of the script. But I think it's unfair to state he doesn't know what he's talking about.

queeq out

Ratcat
Well, at any rate, let's hope he's right about this.

UnknownBountyHunter
Queeq, how can you possibly think OB1's part is small? I mean that is just ridiculous, he was the Apprentice throughout the movie, the only part he really wasn't in was Tatooine. He even defeated Darth Maul in the end. I think for not having the movie revolved around him "yet" he had an adequate role to fullfil.

Dim
Yes, but I think the point queeq is trying to make is that OB1 was basically just a supporting role to Qui Gon in EP1 and didn't really have a huge amount of screen time...Most people outside of the SW communtity doesn't even really consider all the really small roles as valid roles..When you look at it that way...OB1 was a small part.

theEviljedi
Qui-Gon may have stole his time but this way we get to see Obi-Wan's story with him being the follower and that will add even more to his greatness in the upcoming films.

queeq
Exactly. I didn't mean anything bad by it. OB1's part is just not huge in Ep1, but he is the apprentice that becomes master, thus positioning him for the next three films (or five for that matter). Maybe due to the secrecy he never say anything but his own part in the script during Ep1 and was disapponted when he saw the end result (like I was a bit). Perhaps he knows the entire script now (because he has a bigger part) and concludes it's going to be a great film. Well, that is what I call very reassuring.

queeq abides

finti
The norse man support the dutchie on this one!!!! big grin

queeq
I'm not getting popular now, am I? laughing out loud

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.