Hannibal Lector

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
I saw somehwere last week that Hannibal had been voted cinema's best villain, I was wondering who people thought who it should have been, I must admit to having some affection for Hannibal and find it hard to class him as a villain, despite his crimes.

King Jedi
Darth Vader or Palpatine.
Or Verbal Kent from the Usual Suspects.

yerssot
I choos Bambi!!!

LANGEB_ESSEJ
Darth Vader definitley!!! Robert Meechum in Cape Fear 2nd, Kyser third

FLIPMODE
Darth Vader I understand, but why Palpatine.

Best Villain: Han Gruber/Die Hard 1

Other good ones: Verbal, Robocop2/nuke, the Joker/Batman.

Texas
Han Gruber is a way kewl villan. He was evil, but charming and funny. I was a little sad when he fell 30 floors to his death sad

HavocHound
I don't see Hannibal as a villain either, although there's something not quite right about him if he makes dogs back away and cringe in his presense. I'd have to say Palpatine is the all-time "best" villain simply due to his irredeemable evil. Darth Vader redeemed himself. Palpatine is just pure evil - the antichrist of the Saga.

That's about the best analogy there is to Palpatine. Darth Vader was powerful and used his power for evil intent. Even when he was Anakin, he gave in to vanity and conceit. But still, he was a minion, not unlike Maul or any other Sith apprentice. Palpatine, on the other hand, carries on the dark legacy of Darth Bane, covertly tears the Republic apart, and instates the most tyrannically totalitarian galaxy-spanning Empire of all time. But that same Empire was short-lived compared to the Republic that it replaced, which later replaced it in turn with the New Republic.

It makes me harken back to the history of the American Revolution, the creation of the American Republic, and all the Evil Empires that have been defeated by us and by our Alliance with other worldwide freedom fighters. Bolsheviks, Nazis, Fascists, and fundamentalist false prophets have been layed waste to by those who would rather die free than live oppressed.

Palpatine is the antithesis of that. He's the ultimate oppressor - the ultimate evil. He revels in his own power and marvels at himself. He's the definitive Beast. He has a cruel heart, a cruel mind, and a total absense of conscience. He's also cunning, covert, and patient. He's no ordinary villain. He's no jackbooted lacky like Darth Maul. He's no common street thug like Sebulba. He's pure evil manifested in the flesh. He's the very essence of what government is all about.

ToMacco
I think we all know who the best villan is.

Dr. Evil! wink big grin

LanceWindu
I think Dr. Evil would fall under the most lovable evil villian.

ToMacco
True

yerssot
"You have to tell me these things; I've been frozen for more than 30 years; okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?????"

Doesn't sound scary....

ToMacco
Yeah, but he is trying to take over the world. And he tries to kill his son often.

yerssot
"Gee Brain, what are we going to do tonight?"
"Same thing we do everynight Pinkie! Try to take over the world!"

You see; taking over the world is very normal for them. For killing his son: so? he didn't want to be an evil vet!

Ushgarak
"They're Pinky, they're Pinky and they're Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain..."

yerssot
NARF!!

ToMacco
laughing out loud

Austin: "I have your son."

Evil: "Go ahead, kill the little bastard, see what I care!"

Scott: "But dad, we just had a breakthrough in therapy group!"

Evil: "I had the group liquidated you little s*@t! They were insolent!"

yerssot
groovy baby!

ladygrim
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.