Who'd win: Man-Spider or Venom?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparrow
I'd say Man-Spider..........................

krazymoe
in the end Spidey always wins.

carnage713
ya. but id say venom

Zephonim
Spider-Man would win if the fight went on long enough.

Venom31096
I think that venom would win, he is stronger than spiderman, has most of his abilities besides the spidersence, plus they have the same endurance, so in the end, i think that venom should end up winning.

ragesRemorse
spiderman always kicks venom's ass in the end. I'm not discrediting venom's, spiderman ass kicking abilities, but spidey always ends up putting venom out of commision for atleast 20 issues, sometimes even more. Although Venom would totally destroy the MANspider. Simply because the MANspider acts only on chaos and not rational thought. even though venom isnt known for his brain power, infact his intelligence doesnt go much higher than finger painting, but he can still map out a strategy. so venom wins unless the MANspider transformation wears off

MaverickIce
Isn't Man Spider different than SPIDER Man

Sparrow
reading

Eidolon
If it's a Spidy Comic Spidy will Win, if it's a Venom Comic Venom will win but not kill Spidy cause of his promised truce not to hunt Spidy any more.

If there was a fight to the Death and not outside help I'd say Venom would win cause he has far greater strength, endurance, plus better webing, camoflauging symbiote powers, able to make weapons out of symbiote (yes I know you don't see Venom make weapons out of his suit often but he can and has).

Spidy's only way of winning would to lead Venom into a trap, which he's done before, but always in the Spidy comics. In one or 2 of the Spidy Comics and in several Venom comics though Venom has led Spidy into traps which have given him a chance to kill Spidy, and in Venom Leathal Protector: Venom had 3 Chances to kill Spidy even after Spidy had the edge of surprise in all 3 engagement, but chose not to.

So it may be a close battle if both are using their brains but since Venom isn't just some common stupid villian, like many think, I think Venom would have the edge and be able to win, unless of course it's a Spidy comic.

Venom31096
I aplaud that, very well said. big grin big grin big grin Well done.

Eidolon
Thanks I see I'm not the only Venom and Symbiote hero/villian fan around.

whitedragon
bunny the dancing rabbit is scary is it not? anyways i think spiderman would win because he always wins. venom is cool but spidermans cooler.

berrill
That rabbits ****ed up!!!!y the hell has it had its legs and arms cut off?mayb eidolon did it cos he's gettin stressed about him being wrong that venom wud win..... SPIDERMAN RULES!!! bunny

whitedragon
you like da rabbit. look at this. bunny bunny bunny

Venom31096
Venom would win, he is so much better, stronger, more endurant, has practically the same powers except stronger and can block spidermans spider sence, there is no competition, no competition what so ever.

Eidolon
I agree and like I said before in pertty much every engagment Venom and Spidy have after Venom becomes a partial hero (and gets his own comic series) Venom ends up coming on top.

Also remember Venom's ability to block Spidy's spider sense along with his augmented powers of Spidy gives him the total advantage.

Mr Parker
The spider-man movie we saw should have been called man-spider because thats who the character we saw on the screen was, Man-spider.organics=man-spider. big grin

Eidolon
Little off topic there Mr. Parker, but okay Venom would probably still have the advantage and win.

Mr Parker
Okay,to stay on topic then.I agree.probably Venom like you said for your reasons.

Zero_9
Of coarse Venom would win! .....Not that I have anything against him or anything...^_^ whistle Smileys are so wierd... What the f**k?

venomfan
if you put both in a box venom would win,but unfourtunatly spideys smarter and can trick him,dosent matter though spider man usualy needs venoms help.oh yeah venom almost killed scarlet spider in one issue if the scarlet spider gets thrashed that bad, then spideys know macth when its a straight brawl

Shorty2Forty
venom was always tougher than spidey...the reason=
has all of spiderman's powers
stronger than spidey
has unlimited and stronger webbing(which he also can control)

p.s: i should kno this because spiderman is my fave and i collect the comics

venomfan
yes this thread is unessacary, venom would win spidey has never physicaly beat up venom, veom thrashes him all the time

Shorty2Forty
yup

SuperNova
Do you fools even read Venom comics? HE BEATS THE BLOODY SHIT OUT OF SPIDEY EVERY TIME! Literilly! Even in Spider-man VS venom comics, Venom still beats the crap out of him, or they end up making a truce. Venom favors holding spiderman down, and making his fist huge, and start punching him with the equivalent of like a kazillion sqaure pounds. Havent you guys read the comics? Venom always win's in a duel with spidey, Spidey isnt that good anymore!

SuperNova
Oh, and Venom doesnt have unlimited webbing, the webbing is part of Venom's suit, so if he used it long enough, hed run out.

SuperNova
Thats why he rests alot after fights, to replenish his natural webbing.

Scythe
I believe Venom would probably make some of his costume merge with Man-Spider then hunt Spidey down.

venomfan
im pretty sure thats why venom has all those huge viens, its actually his stored webbing.see how its all around his arms? i aint sure its just a guess

venomfan
how the hell? sorry wrong pic

Sparrow
i do hope u realize that the majority of the responses is spider-man vs venom. Im already fully aware that spiderman's chance against venom is comparable to that of a candle in a hurricane. Im talking about Man-Spider vs. Venom. Man-spider in my opinion is less predictable, more savage and possibly stronger than venom. Man-spider could possibly rip venom apart............ smart

venomfan
more savage, and stronger? venom has a brain and could sneak up on man spider, its spider sense is still numbed by the symbiote

Eidolon
Isn't man spider really stupid though? I mean if your talking about the Man-spider I'm thinking about (the one in the Cartoon series in which Spidy morphs into a big...well man spider). If he is stupid Venom would rip him to shreds.

I don't think Man Spider would be stronger than Venom and if he was it wouldn't be by much. Next Man Spiders only real attack would be to hit Venom since Venom's Symbiote would protect Brock from slash attacks and stuff, and Physical attacks of any kind, not including high heat or Sound, may knock Venom around and slow him down but they really don't seem to hurt him. Finally Venom may not be as science smart as Spidy, but remember Brock was a top student and athleat in school so he's no dummy, and if you ask me he is smarter street smart wise, and just instictivley survival wise than Spidy so Venom would have the brains to defeat Man-Spider.

venomfan
the symbiote has a very high impact resistance. small and medium round fire dont do jack, really this is like Venom vs doppelganger and as cool as he was, he really sucked and got his ass kick'ed then killed by Carnage

Eidolon
Right on

venom4life
Heh, just imagine if the symbiote bonded with petey during his mutation(man-spider). He'd really be a monster to deal with.

Venom2003
I love what SuperNova said. When he asked if any of you guys have ever read any of the comics before, tell ya what, i'll tell you one to read which proves my point, it's called "Along Came A Spider #2" and in it Venom busts up the roof WITH Spider-man. And by that I mean he bashes Spider-man against stuff so hard it breaks. Now SuperNova, I hope you don't think I haven't read any, because i have a lot of them including "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #299" (Venom's FIRST appearance), but i won't make you read my inventory of Venom comics. laughing out loud

Venom2003
Zero_9 has the picture of Venom's FIRST appearance which is on the last page of issue #299 of AMAZING SPIDERMAN. laughing out loud

venomfan
you gotta remember this is MAN-SPIDER vs Venom, i still say the big V would win, but Man-Spider is more dangerous than spidey, a lot more

Sparrow
Exactly.....it also occurred to me that man-spider also had some of spider-man's memories. For example he recognized Mary Jane. He obviously remembers who venom is and if venom does anything stupid to get to spider-man....like attacking mary-jane, Man-spider might go all out.

Sparrow
I was wondering if man-spider would have the abiltiy to remeber and use some of the smarts and moves that he used when he was spider-man?

Sparrow
It also occurred to me that there is no evidence that man-spider uses his spider-sense anymore. When The Punsiher and Craven were searching for man-spider in the cartoon, it showed that man-spider had the ability to set traps by covering the whole place in webbing........i guess it shows tha he's more cunning than he looks

ilovevenom
i like any person who likes venom as much as i do

Mr Parker
Who all here thinks that the Man-Spider from Man-Spider and Man-Spider 2 coming out this summer would win? laughing

joesha28
Venom, but that depends on the situation. if not venom wins hands on!! Spidey needs advantages such as sonic and fire to beat Venom.

whitedragon
hey ilove venom i got ur message. spiderman would win simply because hes the good guy and he allways wins. besides venom's costume ultra violet light and fire. Venoms a schizophrenic that means he loses control alot, if u lose your self control in a fight you lose the fight.spiderman is friends with lots of heroes including the fantastic four so he's never realy alone. Yep it does depend on the situation, overall spiderman would win. dudes check this bunny bunny scary int it

chilled monkey
An interesting match-up.

I'd say that Man-Spider and Venom are probably roughly equally as strong, fast and agile. Both can produce organic webbing that regenerates naturally, although Venom's supply would probably run out first (Man-Spider has eight limbs after all.) He also has acidic saliva; I think acid hurts symbiotes.

As Sparrow points out, Man-Spider is not mindless; he possessess a natural cunning. However Venom is clearly more intelligent, so he could probably win by outthinking Man-Spider.

All in all, it would be a very close fight and could probably go either way.

VENOMfan
Venom would still win. Strength may be in man-spiders favor but pure foot speed goes to Venom. lets break this down even more.

Man Spider no spider sense, it wont work against Venom.
Venom has a marginal Spider sense. Spiderman has 15x faster than human reaction.
Venom is at roughly 9-12x
((it comes down to a bullet dogde capabiluty according to the marvel directory)) given the situation.
acid spit vs infinit Camofluage puasibilty.
extra webbing vs higher intellegence
((Brock got a BA degree in colledge, he aint retarded people))
Cunning vs Spider sense
((hmmmmm not much of a choice here..))

I dont think Venom would have a problem against Man-spider, Venom has faced Carnage one on one and he is exactly what Man-Spider dreams of being. ((class 25 strength, a crap load of blades and progectiles))

I think Man-Spider is more dangerous to relativley weak hero's, but really Spiderman has a better chance against Venom than that thing. I mean was Doppleganger a threat?

chilled monkey
VENOMfan: You make some good points. Mind you, although Venom would probably win in the end, Man-Spider certainly wouldn't be a pushover.

joesha28
Oh sorry i thought it was abt spidey... well this is a match, i would say Venom would love this showdown. Venom will win this, They are smarter, craftier and much more deadlier. And was what Venom told carnage in the last issue of MAX Carnage!!! Man-spider might not come close. but this will be a brutal fight.

VENOMfan
yes it would be very Brtual and Man Spider might get a lucky shot in but this would either make Venom try to out wit Man Spider or just go ape shit and kill him

Mr Parker
nobody has answered my question yet,who thinks that the Man-Spider in the Man-spider movie from 2002 would win?

VENOMfan
lol vs Venom? that Spiderman wasnt as agile or fast((he ran in a straight line from machine gun fire wtf)) so Venom would slap him around and call him Spider-muffin

TheProgramSmith
Two aspects must be taken into consideration.

1) Venom has all of spider-mans powers, and they are amplified. Straight on fight, Venom wins.

2) Spider-mans ability to access any of the symbiots weaknesses. Sonic waves, fire. If Peters smarts can seperate Eddie and the symbiot, Spiderman wins.

VENOMfan
yeah thats why Man-spider other than strength has no edge agaisnt Venom.

the original Spiderman has much better odds

TheProgramSmith
Toss up. Depends on who gets to that defining aspect first. Peter's knowledge or Venom's... everything else?

Reborn Again
Brains vs brawn. Spider-Man also has brawn, but he doesn't have the viciousness of Venom or the guile for revenge against Spidey.

sonofasaiyan
smokin' Id have to give this one to the web head although he'd get the living crap beat out of him for the first 20 mins or so. Then he can do his happy Happy Dance.

VENOMfan
try to remember this isnt Spiderman this is the Man-spider vs Venom

like i said before

Venom would still win. Strength may be in man-spiders favor but pure foot speed goes to Venom. lets break this down even more.

Venom has a marginal Spider sense. Spiderman has 15x faster than human reaction.
((it comes down to a bullet dogde capabiluty according to the marvel directory)) given the situation.
Cunning vs Spider sense

I dont think Venom would have a problem against Man-spider, Venom has faced Carnage one on one and he is exactly what Man-Spider dreams of being. ((class 25 strength, a crap load of blades and progectiles))

Venom hands down

Lord Soth
Spider-Man has speed, wits, strength and spider-sense. Venom, however, it faster, stronger, and doesn't set off Spidey's spider-sense. But his bond to the alien symbiote has made him kind of dumb, just a psychopathic killing machine with instincts. It's all a matter of circumstances, really

gerbilmantras
Hold on people, you are all directing posts to : spidy vs venom

but what the post was originally intended was man-spider vs venom

me personally would say that the strength would be the same, manspider is primative, hes a tank, his endurance is only bigger than venoms due to the fact he has no will...period he acts off of instinct, i believe that venom in the end would win, due to he would most likely have a difficult time keeping MAN-spider down, he would eventually use a tactic or trap to keep him down, when they are alike and venom knows he cant just take him out like nothing he would use his "intellect" or what there is of it to take him on

VENOMfan
Venom wins, Man-Spider will lose. this thread just wont seem to die

joesha28
Is Man-Spider and Spider-X the same person.

TheProgramSmith
MAN-SPIDER has the strength, but nothing on Venom still. The only way Spidey could stand a chance is if he used Spider-man and Peter.

Intelligence is the key to Parkers victory.

Mr Parker
So Program Smith who do you thinks wins between Venom ann the Man-spider we see in the upcoming Man-spider 2 movie this summer?

VENOMfan
Spider-X is much more powerfull

TheProgramSmith
laughing

Well, considering Venom is not in it, we will never know. However, When they do decide to put Venom in the 'MAN-Spider" movies, we shall see, shant we? laughing

Mr Parker
Ah good point. smile

TheProgramSmith
A better question, how will they make (or ruin) Venom?

VENOMfan
Making him

A) not a brutal killer
B)letting that dipshit Vin diesel play Brock
C)Screwing up his origon
D)giveing him differnt vulnerabilities

i could go on

TheProgramSmith
Will they do that? That would be crossing the point of making him Venom, but the Symboite is green, the spider is a butterfly and he doesn't have a tongue.

Mr Parker
Yeah that would suck if they dont make him into a brutal killer.Seeing how seem to be screwing up the character of Doc Ock in Man-spider 2,by making him a guy who turns evil because he gets manipulated by his tentacles "DONT WANT TO GO INTO THAT,DISCUSS THAT IN THE MANSPIDER 2 THREAD." I wont at all be surprised if Venom is not a brutal killer.They changed his origin slightly in the 90's spidey cartoon which I actually liked because I thought it was a reasonable change,just wondering venomfan,did you mind how they altered his origin slightly in the 90's cartoon? I hated it though when he became good in the 3rd season,that sucked and was just plain stupid. mad

TheProgramSmith
I loved the Maximum Carnage series of Comics. I had them all, just probably still at my folks place

VENOMfan
I didnt have too much trouble with Venom from the 90's series those were my favorite episodes, but I never saw the third season. Im thinking it was when Carnage showed up right? yeah Venom needed much more time to transfer into the vigilante persona he has now I didnt bother watching that.

and the biggest sin as far as Im concerned is I heard Sam dosent want o do a complete CGI Venom, but I dont know a single actor whos 6'3, white and ripped as hell.

I wanna Venom spin off, cuase he wont work in a PG-13 film. and Carnage sure as HELL cant be in sony's family friendly series.

kinda like ultimate Venom at first I hated the idea of Venom not being a alien suit, but the did at least make it suit that fights Cancer, but I didnt read any further into Ultimate titles

I stick with the actual Marvel titles

badsymbiote
I love Spider-man, but Venom rules! Venom31096 nailed it. It depends on the book you're reading, but venom has the advantage if he doesn't lose his cool.
He's bigger, stronger, and just as fast. He can protrude tendrils from anywhere on his body and he doesn't trigger his counterpart's spider-sense. Plus, he has another advantage--within Venom, both Eddie Brock and his symbiote "other" despise Parker intensely. Hatred is a powerful weapon. Advantage: symbiote.
Unfortunately, Spidey and Venom rarely get the chance to actually finish their battles--we often see Spidey save Venom or even vice-versa--after all--Venom doesn't want Spidey injured or killed by anyone else--that honor belongs to him alone.

Mr Parker
I dont like the ultimate spiderman comicbook.You were smart to not watch it in the 3rd season because the show was good the first season but after that it got progressively worse and by the time the 4th season came around,I did not watch it.because yeah that was when Carnage came,that was stupid bringing in Carnage.sorry Program smith,I hate Carnage as a villian.I disagree,I dont think you need a CGI VENOM,for the webslinging scenes,yeah but other than that,you need a live actor for him.

Spiderman_RJ
parker are u sure are aint ben reilly?

TheProgramSmith
All around hate Carnage, or just on the TV show?

Spiderman_RJ
i LOVE CARNAGE more than venom but we must admit that he on series sucked a lot

Spiderman_RJ
also on maximum carnage i expected alot of violence but , marvel censured it................. :P

VENOMfan
Yeah complete CGI is a tad overtkill. more or less you saw the Spawn film right? A live action actor would work its just his face would need some CGI to really work with that tounge and all. I always thoguth of Spawns suit when it sort of eveloped him thats how Venom should look taking over Brock. and with the technology we have nowadays it could be really spectacular.

but the problem is finding the right guy to play him. I thoguht that big dude from Gladiator could do it.

TheProgramSmith
Dolph Lundgren?

VENOMfan
I dont know, hes getting a little old. if he was still young it would have been perfect

Clark_Kent
if i saw a man screaming and rolling in pain..then that pain felling man would pop up as a 10 foot spder with four extra arms...surley i would die of shock and a heart attack, which ever would come first. thus i would not see the fight.

badsymbiote
For sure, I wonder how Raimi and co. will be able to make the Venom storyline work in the film...I mean, how receptive will the average movie-going jackass who has never read comics be to Spidey's aquisition of a parasitic, hostile alien life form in the shape of a form-fitting suit? For the average person, I think Ultimate Spidey's explanation of the suit's creation will be easier for people to accept (Though I'm sure what they put in the movie won't be satisfying to most fans.).
As for Venom and Carnage, I think with the movie rated pg-13, they just won't be able to make either character as frightening as they should be, and they'll also have to crowd the Kasady-joins-with-symbiote-resin arc too closely with Venom's own introduction. Also, I honestly can't think of anyone out there who's suitable enough to play Eddie Brock or Venom, but I DO have a thought for Kasady's role--Gary Busey's son, I can't remember his name, but he looks like Kasady and he's got a slight build--just right. Plus, he could be intense enough to play Carnage. He would be great.

Spicy_Mchaggis
spiderman would kick venom's ass in 5 minutes
most people dont know how strong spidey is

Corran
I guess Spidey. big grin

Austinzilla
Man-Spider would kick i think

a better matchup would be Carnage vs. Man-Spider!

VENOMfan
Venom wins, Man-Spider will lose. this thread just wont seem to die

again and again..........

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by VENOMfan
try to remember this isnt Spiderman this is the Man-spider vs Venom

like i said before

and then the second

Cunning vs Spider sense

Venom hands down
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and regular Spiderman kick's Venom's ass? BOY do you even read comics?

Austinzilla
i see your point...now i feel stupid...lol

Mr Parker
well looks like less than a month till MANSPIDER 2 comes out. big grin

Austinzilla
please shutup about the movies!

TheVenomSymbiot
People, Man-Spider is Spider-Man mutated. Look at the pics on the thread. Venom would win. No question. Man-Spider has no shred of intelligence, just a beast on instinct. Only 2 things can hurt Venom. Fire and noise. The only thing Man-Spider could do is his screeching stuff, but that wouldn't do much. In Carnage: Part 2 (not Maximum Carnage, the second ASM with Carnage) Spidey admits he's afraid of Venom.

TheVenomSymbiot
I got a new question (if this were possible)

Black Spider-Man vs. Venom?

I think that'd be pretty close.

TheVenomSymbiot
Or how about Spider-Carnage vs Venom?

Sparrow
does anyone have a spider-carnage pic?

Next Venom_girl
Venom ambushes and out-thinks man-spider. Venom wins. big grin

Ironman
id be afraid of venom to if i almost died fighting him

doctorstrongbad
Venom would always win against Man spider.

venomunleashed
Winner: Venom!

My reasoning: Venoms camo to all surroundings, immune to spidersense, venom is stronger, faster, better webbing, better fighter, venoms suit can also be used as a weapon.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Sparrow
does anyone have a spider-carnage pic?

spideycarnage
yea venom would win, manspider was just a stupid monster really, venom too sometimes hehe, but venom deffinalty is the better and smarter fighter..strenght wise im not sure probally even. venom wins7/10

Marcus4600
Venom has the edge here because he's still got his wits about him.

golem370
http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/spider_x.html

spideycarnage
dam i dident know that man spider was a class 100

Marcus4600
That's not the Man-Spider. It's a bit different. Spider-X is a different person. The Man-spider is Spider-Man's mutation getting the better of him. All 6 of his arms worked as human arms, and had organic webbing. He wasn't any stronger than his normal counterpart, considering he got his butt kicked by Kraven and Punisher in the animated series. Venom would take this one easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.