Vader hunting down Jedi (or lack there of)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yodaatemydad
Am I the only one dissapointed that we do not see Vader (in the suit) hunt down and destory the jedi?

I have waited 20+ years for Vader to wield his lighsaber again. From what I hear he only shows up in the last five minutes. Shame on Lucas. I wanted to see at least an 1/2 hour of Vader in action.

Ushgarak
Nah, the impact is better if it is left until the end.

yerssot
it would become sabrefight-overkill and would be just as bad as showing no sabrefights!

yodaatemydad
You mean to tell me that you wouldn't be excited to see Vader in action again?

yerssot
I'm saying that overkill isn't a good thing

mephistodesigns
blah! when I originally heard they were doing the prequels, I figured 1=Anakin in training, 2=Anakin turning at very end and battle w/obi-wan, 3= Vader and the Empire establish full power and take out the Jedi. But instead we got a whole movie that's only importance was a politician's promotion and the discovery of Anakin, which certainly changed the time table. Now I like what Lucas has done with the prequels. They make sense. But I still would've loved an Episode 3 with a LOT more suited up Vader than we're getting.

yerssot
well, not me big grin

Doohass
I agree with both Yoda and Ush. It would be cool to see him in more of the movie, but also if they just had him at the end. The screen is all dark and you only hear the Breathing. then you see two doors open onto a room full of the Clone Storm Troopers lined up in a row. Then the Imperial March starts playing and you see darth walking onto the bridge of a Star Destroyer. I think that would be a cool ending

Dirty Vader
Yeah exept that star destroyers dont exist yet. I'd like to see vader in action too, but with a more Darth Maul like style of fighting.

mephistodesigns
They might use them in III. We will see some advances towards OT era Imperial Equipment since a few years have past. In that time, the Republic will be putting most of its effort into improving the Grand Army of the Republic in order to stop the Separitists. Hopefully, we can get at LEAST 15 minutes, with maybe one fight, of the new suited Vader. This is what nearly everyone thought of when we heard "prequels" and the story of Anakin and Obi-wan, that we'd at least get a LITTLE new Vader footage.

mephistodesigns
he shouldn't fight like Maul though, the Chosen One has a style all his own.

Cowboyography
Yeah if they put in Vader doing all those Maul Style flips and moves it will be laughable. Vader doesnt move fast, he doesnt have to, he knows exactly where you are going to strike him. Why didnt Obiwon put up a fight in ANH? He knew he couldnt beat Vader and he knew he would be a greater asset to the cause as a ghost.

yodaatemydad
I am surprised that we haven't heard any rumors on why Obi won disappeared in ANH. I heard Qui-gon makes a ghost appearance in episode 3. I thought there would be two major battles in this film Obi-Won VS Anakin and Vader VS Windu. I would have been satisfied with that. I was also disappointed that we don't see Boba Fett again in his Mandalorian armor. How does Vader know about his Disintegration ablities? We didn't see it from Jango in attack of the clones.

yerssot
you want to see a 12 year old in a mandalorian armor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.