which is the saddest death in a movie u've watched so far?the heart-breaking kind~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bLooMiLiCioUs
hmm...i can actually think of so many - for me, i cried so bad when jack dawson died in titanic!!!!*sobs* plz dun die!!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

Paola
Mufasa's death
No matter how many times I see it.... I always cry!!!!

And also ET's almost-death.....

wicker_man
There are three that stick out:
Bambi's mothers death
E.T's demise
& More recentley John Coffee's death in The Green Mile.

Kes
Moving to movie discussion
moving--moved

billyboyd4ever
mufasa's--omg i cry my eyes out every time...
and boromir's--he was soo cool and valiant that i couldnt help but cry

BackFire
Nicholsons in One Flew over the cuckoos nest.

rinoa
i have a few but its mainly the characters that are dealing with the death that makes me cry rather then the person actully being dead

1, titanic the children that the mother reads a story to as the water rises over there beds.

2,gandalf when merry or pipin not sure which (soz to hardcore lotr fans) breaks down

3 buffy series 6 i know its not a film sorry but when spike cries it always starts me off
am sad i know sad

chico
More of a brain death but still hard to take

mine:

The john coffe I agree with

The medic in saving private ryan

The kid in Pay it Foward...that was so sad.

Lord Soth
Haldir in The Two Towers. His last sights were that of his people dying........Very emotional

plenTpak52
DEFINATELY John Coffee. And Mufasa. And there's one other that really got to me that i can't think of right now...this'll take me a while

I_LUV_Movies
This may sound dumb..but i would have to go with....

* Skip- in My Dog Skip.... that was so sad..
* Simon Birch - in Simon Birch and
* I will agree with the Bambi's mom one.. thats a total tear jerker !!!!!

Lord Soth
Seeing such a stoic character like Spike break down into tears is very moving, I know.

yerssot
hehe, yeah, bambi's mother... I think for some it's more that they were lil kids when they saw the movie instead of it being really sad, cause you don't actually see her die, just not arriving at home

mustafa... funny, saw the lion king last week and got touched by it again
(it's one of my fav animation movies)

Kes

Dogbert
Bruce Willis in Armageddon, Sean Connery in The Untouchables and Shaq in Kazzam (acting wise)

Lord Soth
I totally agree. I cried at Sean's very drawn-out death scene sad

vvvrulz
Ill go with John Coffee. As well as Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan, god damn that was a brilliant movie.

fini
oh dear get the tissues out

i most definitely agree with Mufasa and John Coffee' deaths.......god i still tear up to this day.

And for LOTR- after gandalf dies and boromir too.

The Armeggedon thing made me cry when u sit and think bout what the character was actually doing.
Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Pearl Harbour,

OKOK i know this doesn't count but Indian movies always has something that will make the entire audience breck down.

And i know i am gonna cry my ass of when Rotk is done becauce it will be soooooooooooooooo sad that the saga is over.( even if no one dies in it)

alic88
MUFASSA perhaps the saddest. oh boy do i love lion king. amazing movie

and mel gibson in braveheart

plus: arnold in terminator 2, when he is self terminating and in the end he does the thumbs up sign(with that sad terminator theme playing) very emotional

BingaBonga
Oh god there are so many, but the saddest of them all i think is Titanic and Jack Dawson... Boromir ALMOST made me cry, but i didn't really like him in the book or in the movie... Haldir did make me cry...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif

badkittykitty
steel magnolias,when sally feild losses it at here daughter funeral,omg I cry every time.
the end of crouching tiger is really heat breaking too.when Li Mu Bai dies in Yu Shu Lien's arms man is it heart wrenching

*DarkPhoenix*
Has to be Titanic...but that might be down to my Leo obsession i dunno...its just so sad coz he knows he is gonna die and by the time he does its like "Nooooo..plz dont die"..another bit in Titanic that makes me cry is the bit where Rose is gonna leave on the lifeboat and u luk up at Jack and u can see tears in his eyes..that sets me off an all....
..apart from that pretty much anything which Leo dies in sets me off....ooh and OMG i cried at the end of X2..but i wasnt upset so i dunno why i cried...im bizarre i kno...

Philldwill
"Life is Beautiful" I almost cry just thinking about it, aw wait here I go. A single tear.

This is such a wonderful movie. Wow.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Philldwill
I forgot about "My Dog Skip" I had a hard time breathing when that happens. That kid was such a good actor, then he started to stink, that in itself could make a great drama.

Lord_Andres
Boromir's for sure, it was so sad, and when Gandalf "died" in kazad doom

BondJamesBond
Old Yeller
Sean Connery in Untouchables
The kid in Pay it Forward

fanatos
Are you kiddin' me? Look at my signature pic.
Of course! The saddest for me was the death of Trevor in "Pay It Forward". Because he was a kid, he had a hard life and everything was getting better. Suddenly some idiots came out of nowhere and stupidly murdered him. His death was senseless...
I really really cried then. Mostly when his mother was told about his death. And when lots of people gathered at the front of his house and "Calling All Angels" song was playing...

billyboyd4ever
yea that was really sad...awww man i forgot abou thtat...now im all sad again
also--OLD YELLER!!!! i cried in the book and the movie...sorry i love dogs stick out tongue
and beth in little women...she was like the pillar of good will in the town and she was the one who had to die...so sad

ahaetrkarykl
i think the movie that makes me cry the very most is bambi. I love animalls, and oh it just makes me cry thinking about hearing those gunshots at his mother. And then the fire in the end. Its so scarey and sad!

Next i would say retuen to paradise. I cried so hard in the end. They put up suck a big fight! I loved joaquin phoenix in that movie. So so sad. The movie was really touching. I highly recommend seeing this movie.

Of course there is the lion king, life is beautiful, old yeller, and armageddon, but they have been pretty well talked about.

fanatos
Here. This is what I am talkin' about.
He was hit, he made not a beep, he fell on his knees and looked up like "why?". embarrasment sad

badkittykitty
actually another Haley Joel movie that was sad was a.i.,two times in that movie I started crying first when his mother threw him away and then when he was sitting for years looking at that fairy,I wish the aliens didnt come though,I think that was corny but I really liked the rest of the movie

Curl_Up&Dye
Bruce Willis in Armageddon
Dicaprio and Danes in Romeo and Juliet
Trinity's (somewhat) death in Matrix:Reloaded

fanatos
Yeah. A.I. was sad too. But he didn't die (as long as I remember) there, that's why I didn't write about it here.

russ_mathers
Yes! When Leo di caprio died, biggest tear jerker!
"Jack? There's a boat, Jack." ................(ooooaooooo Celine Dion's song starting in bckground) .....

And when (i dunno if u've seen it) but in Sweet November with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron, shes about to die from an illness and she says she cant see him nemore JUST AFTER HE PROPOSED, she werent dead yet but it was sooooooooo sad. Seriously, people, when u see it OMG

russ_mathers
by the way that pic of haley joel osment of him dying isnt from A.I, its from Pay It Forward with Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt as his mum.

russ_mathers
oh sorry i misread the replies ignore above

Bad Boy
The burning soldiers in Pearl Harbor.

Michael Clarke Duncan in the Green Mile.

Kes
I laughed my head off in that scene. He had ice in is nose...it was so funny.

SilverFighter
The scene in Amistad when the woman is holding her child and jump off the boat. I was so heart broken and it did cause me to be anger for awhile. That was just too hard to swallow.

Another one is when Tom Hanks dies of the bullet shot in A Road to Perdition.

BackFire
also the scene in 28 days later when hannahs dad dies...heartbreaking.

Morfiwen
OMG in my dog skip!!! it is SO sad when the dog gets hit with the shovel and all! man, that little whimper haunted me for like 2 months!

Dirty Vader
It took me a while to get over Data's death in Star Trek Nemesis. I
couldnt accept it.
The Ewok that dies in Return of the Jedi was also heartbreaking, especially after the other Ewok shakes him and then realises he's
dead. sad

fanatos
In 28 days later? I wouldn't say. It could be heartbreaking if his daughter reacted correctly. All she could say was "dad?". It seemed she didn't realize her dad was dead. But she was old enough to understand it. She didn't even cry.

Tired Hiker
I thought it was sad in Finding Nemo when the dad wakes up and finds his whole family dead, well, except for Nemo.

khalla
Mufasa
Bambis mom
Littlefoots mom
The Twins(hopefully not wink )

BackFire
That's generally known as shock, she wasn't able to comprehend what had just happened. It was actually made more powerful by using this technique, for if she had cried like a character in a normal movie would, it would have been too sappy. She was crying later though, when it sunk in that her father was dead.

silver_tears
mufasa sad
king arthur from first knight.......he died for her
oh and dartagnan in man in the iron mask http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif
also bruce willis in armageddon sad

silver_tears
oh and by the way do you guys know how many spoilers we just gave away evil face

Iron Falcon
the mother in "What's eating Gilbert Grape"
Ginger in "Ginger Snaps"
John Coffie i agree
Daines form "Brokedown Place" even though she did not die
Nick Cage in "Windtalkers"
the entire movie "Black Hawk Down"

Matrix_4_ever
the beach seen in saving pvt ryan
i allways get cheered up when the two guys r like "what i cant here u waqt did u u say" BAM!

fanatos
Could be.
But just think. How uninteresting movies would be if all made to be so realistic.

aniron
without a doubt it was boromir's death in lotr but then again Gandalf made my heart turn, hmmm I guess I should wait for the 3rd film first.

el_barto
i know this sounds stupid but when the dog in "my dog skip" almost died

Phoenix
mufasa's death, bambi's mothers death, a talking dog's death in some disney film, i'm not sure what, it was on the disney channel when we went to eurodisney.

Phoenix
the twins aren't dead! they went all snakey durng the explosion!

spoilered for anyone who has not seen reloaded

Phoenix
Data! I cried so much! But i also cried for the baddy, cos he was a kick-ass baddy!

jacksparrow22
sorry that it sounds cheesy, but in selena when selena dies....and its all raining and stuff sad

Darth Vicious
I cant really pick one since now adays death in movies r so cliche but ill go with Mufasa, i love the LK, Bruce Willis in Armaggedon, only the first time u see the movie and most recently Boromir because while he gave men a bad name in LOTR he redemeed himself and he wouldnt die quietly and Hadgil(the elf) because he died helping the stupid men in ROTK!

billyboyd4ever
almost? he did die...

billyboyd4ever
haldir--his name was haldir...

dave123
neo & trinity in m3

silver_tears
i know sad oh and also when meg ryan dies in city of angels sad

JackSparrowLuvr
Sadly they are my stupid friend blurted it out to me!! They saw M3 today

Phoenix
HAldir! nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HE'S GOOOOOOOONE!! *collapses on the floor*

Phoenix
bum. but one of friends blurted to me as well about another character who is dead, which was so unfair cos they knew i was going to see it tonight!

fanatos
Just watched Phonebooth.
Sad moment when he was confessing to his wife...

xarahiggs
hi....l reckon donnie darko was a pretty tragic death but the one that stands out the most as being the most upsetting is when the horse dies in the never ending story oh and terrminator in t2........

fini
hey they died????

Kes
You dont know if Neo is that. The Oracle says they'll seem him again (or something like that). Thought it was quite a laughable scene, Trinity's death. Carrie Ann and keanu have no chimestry!

T-1000
Jason in Jason X...oh wait, he didnt die, did he?

silver_tears
i agree kes eeyuck sick

gobstopper
Donnie Darko's death was pretty sad...

The saddest for me though was that guy (I've forgotten his name) in American History X... I would have cried if it weren't for the fact that we watched it at school.

bLooMiLiCioUs
hmmm...i'd totally agree with mufasa's death....then there's also boromir definitely....hmm....i know this dun qualify as a movie but (the character who died is 'the order of the phoenix....dun wanna spoil it 4 others) man i creid n cried for like n hr cursing rowling too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fanatos
Just want to make sure if the link is working worldwide. Does everybody see my signature pic?

Kes
I cant see your sig.

fanatos
Why not? sad

Anybody else?

Phoenix
matrix trilogy deaths are all sad... sad except cypher he is one of the only baddies I never liked!

Phoenix
I still don't think the twins are dead, I think we just didn't see them because a majority of the film was in the real world

spoilered for anyone who hasn't seen revolutions

silver_tears
i didnt like them much sad but i was so sad when you know who dies sadsad

BackFire
Also when Kevin Spacey dies in American Beauty.

And, John Merricks suicide in Elephant Man....absolutely tragic.

Kes
I can see it now wink

Elektra_lover
Bruce Willis in Armageddon

nazgulinthedark
in pay it forward, when the little kid dies

slinger
In the Matrix Revolutions, don't read if you don't wanna know who and you haven't seen the movie, it's a big spoiler- when neo and trinity die

Skywa|ker
Hmmm... I'd have to say Spock's funeral in Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan was pretty emotional, the first time I saw it. Steel Magnolias, I have to agree, was also a good (sad) moment. Probably the most tear-jerking movie I've ever seen, though, was Awakenings, with Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams. I think my eyes were wet three times, in that one...

saucybird007
i would have to say 'Green Mile', i cry every time i see that film sad http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

rocker_babe
I would have to say when Russell Crow died in Gladiator.

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
omg.. when josh hartnett died in Pearl harbor.. when leo died in titanic
wen mufasa died**of course**.. and i no this aint a movie but the episode of 8 simple rules wen they killed off john ritter.. OMG and wen heath ledger died in the patriot.. *tear tear*http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

saucybird007
Yeah i agree with Russell Crow, thats such a great film. smile

Oh and 'Meet Joe Black' Thats sad too, but kinda happy in a strange way. confused

sorrow
Matrix Revolutions when trinity die sad
Armageddon - Bruce Willis
Mufasa .. sad

Phoenix
we don't actually see him die. In fact, at the end of the film he becomes brighter - he is glowing with life

don't even CONSIDER reading this till you have watched revolutions!

big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
ha....every1's going all sad!!!let me tell u one which i found funny (altho it IS off-topic) when satine died in Moulin Rouge.the whole theater was laughin when that scene came!!!big grin

Phoenix
why?!?! I thought that was really sad!

bLooMiLiCioUs
ha i dunno it was the way ewan mcgregor was crying i guess!!haha - the other time i cldn't help laughin was at the way james marsden cried as cyclops aft jean grey died - he was like,absolutely hysterical!!!
but i cried big time at alot of scenes in various movies -deaths aren't the only ones which set ppl off,agree?like i just watched chocolat...now my eyes hurt..heh heh...and when the fellowship broke in FOTR and when samwise gave his li'l speech in TTT..."that there is some good in this world mr frodo,and it's worth fighting for!" http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif

AMADEUS
The saddest death scene?
adam goldberg's death in saving private ryan. where he is killed by a knife.

billyboyd4ever
i thought satine's death was really sad...i cry every time i see it... sad

SilverFighter
He committed suicide? I don't remenber much of the movie but I thought he just lay in his bed and die and it was all an accident.

chico
he was aware laying down like that would kill him so it was in essence it was a suicide.

billyboyd4ever
ooo thats creepy...

Tired Hiker
Randy Quaid in Independence Day. Man, I get tears just thinking about it.

frootlooplucy
Mufasa... and in Life is Beautiful, ... and when that lil boy dies in My Girl... and when the OotP movie comes around im gonna be in tears all over whoever i see it with... and Gallipoli, at the end.

DrunkenTurtle
The top 5 saddest movie deaths to me are:

5) Mel Gibson in 'Braveheart'
4) Kirsten Dunst and the other lady in 'Interview with the Vampire'
3) Kevin Bacon in 'Murder in the First'
2) Queen Latifah in 'Set it Off'

and my number one choice for saddest movie deaths.....

1) Meryl Streep having to choose between the lives of her two childern in 'Sophie's Choice'

bLooMiLiCioUs
what did kirsten dunst and that lady play?as in what character(ive read the bk but not watched the movie.ive only read the whole series n watched queen of the damned but i can't find interview with the vampire argh...)

Kes
Kristin plays the girl they kill/save.
And the women is her company.

bLooMiLiCioUs
ohoh u mean kirsten dunst is claudia?!the vampire child?! oh man now i GOTTA see the movie!!!!

Kes
Yes

bLooMiLiCioUs
i heard the ending was dif frm in the book and tt armand was left out -so what actually DID they put in da movie?did they show the -ahem- 'homosexual' pts?(vampires r sumhow attracted to their oen gender for sum reasonwink) did they show how armand seduced louis into working for him n how claudia killed (my darling) lestat??oh man i looove lestat....

el_barto
when trinity died that wasnt sad that was an WASNT SHE SUPPOSED TO DIE 2 MINUTES AGO? death

bruce willis armagedon

Kes
They hint at the homosexual thing. They never really show anything.
Yes and no for Claudia killing Lestat. She doesnt really kill him, they just think she does.

Ömmes
1. Cyrano's (played by Depardieu) death (in Cyrano de Bergerac).

2. Toni's death in the West Side Story.

CaptainClaire
Muffassa in the Lion King sad that was so sad! And when jack Sparrow got stabbed in Pirates of the Caribbean... okok, he DIDN'T die... but to think he could have *sob* It just gets to me every time.

bLooMiLiCioUs
yeah she doesn't kill him but damn when i 1st read the bk i thought he'd died *sobz* i loove lestat!!!!big grin homosexuality is like sooooooo obvious thruout the vampire chronicles i'm surprised (okok not really surprised) all they did was hint at it....

and yes!!!for that moment i was like...."NO!!!!JACK SPARROW CAN'T DIE!!!!NOT HIM!!!!!"

DeathDealer
I think that tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan is a total tear yerker as well as Jack dying in Titanic. Also when Trinity dies and Neo is left by himself in Revolutions.

billyboyd4ever
i dunno it didnt really bug me in titanic...i always disliked DiCaprio...

bLooMiLiCioUs
really??i cried n ive known to hv like,a heart of stone!!!!

Corran
The champ has the saddest death I can remember, watch it if you can.

bLooMiLiCioUs
the champ?what movie is that?who's in it,what's it abt,etc...

Corran
It's a 1979 movie called , The Champ, stars Jon Voight, Faye Dunaway and Rick Schroder.

bLooMiLiCioUs
oooo....i'll go check it out....
ha did any1 find jean grey's death sad in x2?i sure din........wink

billyboyd4ever
no not really...i didnt really enjoy x2...

bLooMiLiCioUs
well i enjoyed it da 1st time n wanted to get da dvd but i rented it n boy im glad i did cuz im hvin 2nd thoughts......it can't sustain u like LOTR can,u can't watch it over n over again w/o gettin bored - ive saved sum bucks!!big grin i'll keep it 4 potc n the 3 LOTR movies when they come out as a packaged dealwink
tho i gotta admit..seein wolverine creamed like tt(even tho love him lol) WAS endearing.....wink

Lord Soth
D'artagnian (sp) in Man in the Iron Mask

bLooMiLiCioUs
oh god yes how cld i 4get that!!!!

Lord Soth
lol, I only remembered it recently

Lord Soth
Even though he was a bad guy, I thought Barbossa's (PotC) was kinda sad

billyboyd4ever
ooo i didnt think it was sad...i was like WHOOOOHOOO GO JACK!!! hahah

Lord Soth
Eh, well I see where you're coming from, but I still think it was sad, and yet happy at the same time. Happy b/c he's finally free of the curse, sad b/c he finally got his senses back and he didn't even get to eat one last apple

LindsIsTightK
*trys not to break down in tears*

Leonardo Dicaprio dying in Titanic gets me every time sad

BackFire
that scene makes me cry with laughter.

bLooMiLiCioUs
agreed!!!!big grinbig grin go jack go u rock my world Happy Dance

bLooMiLiCioUs
but i kinda get his point toowink

Kes
Me too. laughing
He has ice in his nose lol and she's like:"Jack the boat" Jack??! Jack! laughing Stupid ass movie messed

bLooMiLiCioUs
sad i thought it was heartbreaking
but i was 10 when i watched it so i might hv changed my mind wink

Kes
lol

hpxmenlotrnerd
i think the saddest death is in Sweet November when she blindfolds him and then leaves him standing there alone......sad and i dont know about anyone else, but when Haldir dies in Two Towers, that was tragic, even though you dont kno him that well...

bLooMiLiCioUs
i think boromir's death was worse...

Lord Soth
I agree that Jack death in Titanic was funny, but I was kind of emotional while it was breaking in half, and the music in the background kinda drove it home.....

billyboyd4ever
ahhaa yea i totally agree kes...i laughed sooo hard...heheheh

Pirate_Girly
it made me scream when Eric Balfour died in TCM ='(

Lord Soth
Who did he play, again?

billyboyd4ever
whats TCM??

Circe
I love Boromir's death. It's so incredibly touching and heroic, though very sad.

Mufasa's death is also very sad (I love Mufasa!). And, call me crazy, but I'm always sad when Darth Vadar dies at the end of Return of the Jedi.

I'm sure I'll have a few number ones after Return of the King comes out ::cries::

bLooMiLiCioUs
agree *bawl* AND troy too but i dun wanna spoil anyth *bawls*

LindsIsTightK
I totally agree with you sad That was one of the saddest things ever sad

bLooMiLiCioUs
ive not watched itsad

gregmss
Simon Birch that guy made me cry my eyes out so many times I jus t wanted him to live

billyboyd4ever
aww i wanted to see that movie but i never did...

johnnys#1 fan
Satines death in Moulin Rouge I watched that movie last night and I was in tears sad its soooooo sad sadsadsadsadsad
I couldn't stand it when christan was cring I just had to cry with him!

srandle317
when Cleo died in SET IT OFF.

bLooMiLiCioUs
same here!!!!i was all red rimmed aft tt *sobz* evry1 shld watch tt movie it really is damn moving *tear*

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>