Padme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi212guy
So, how many people think that Padme will die in Episode III? I personally think that it is very likely.

yerssot
She will die, but you wouldn't see that IN the movie, more likely there would be a suggestion of it

mah
nooooooo, that's so sad sad

Ushgarak
Well, that part of the story IS a tragedy...

King Jedi
If Padme doesn't die on screen then it will ruin the Prequels for me. She HAS to die.

sand person no. 10
perhaps she'll disapear as well! laughing out loud

King Jedi
Don't say that. We could be here forever! wink

Dim
laughing out loud laughing out loud I can see the arguements now..

I think that if Lucas doesn't show Padme's death then he's missing a golden opportunity. It could be a real tear jerker.

King Jedi
He might think that with Anakin turning then it will be sad enough. Personally I don't think so. I think we are going to end up hating Anakin in Ep3 so he has to kill Padme to make it tragic.
She has to be the innocent one killed because of Anakin turning.

yerssot
Remember that we DID saw Beru and Owen in a grilled way, and because TPM turned out more of a childmovie, ie: Jar Jar, battledroid 'jokes'.
So don't think that we will actually see her dying, but they will say like: Oh no! She's dead!!!

King Jedi
laughing out loud Yeah, we could just have someone say "Where is Padme" and someone reply "oh she died earlier". Now that would be good. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Well, she will not be grilled that's for sure.
I'm pretty sure you don't see her dead, maybe suffering or closing her eyes but not that you see her dying all the way around.

King Jedi
As long as we see her die, I don't care how Lucas does it.

yerssot
Does GL knows for himself how he's going to handle that? Perhaps she doesn't day and a sentence in ROTJ would give the final shot:
Luke: "Do you remember your mother, your REAL mother?"
Leia: "I don't know much about her; she died when I was very little."

So perhaps we don't see her dying, but ROTJ gives the solution

King Jedi
We'll that would suck, big time. She has to die on screen or Anakin turning doesn't seem that bad. We won't get to see him hunt down and kill the Jedi so Padme dying because of him will make people realise that this little kid is now VERY bad.

yerssot
Wel in TPM he did some rather nasty things.
I was just guessing there KJ

King Jedi
Like what?

DJ Velocity
Leia did not say that her REAL mother was Padme.

Think about it. Who Leia thinks is her real mother could be Bail Organa's wife. Not necessarily Padme.

If Padme married Anakin, her name would be Padme Amidala Skywalker. Wouldn't Leia get suss if her Mother was Skywalker and her Father, Organa? YES. Would she also not get suss when Luke announces himself as "Luke SKYWALKER", the same name as her Mother? YES.

Heres what I think. Ben & Yoda know the crack with the prophecy (Luke will sort it out. Leia won't). Ben takes Leia and gives her to the Organas who adopt her as their daughter and keeps her out of Vader and the Emperor's mind. With Leia out of harm's way forever (or so he thinks), he then takes himself and Luke to Tattoine where he goes into hiding, waiting for the time when Luke is ready.

Of course if Padme marries Bail Organa after Anakin, my theory is wrong so.....

jedi212guy
Think about the series, in I-VI order, the way it will be intended. Now, you've just finished III, and now are watching IV. Where is Padme? What happened to her? Will we wait until VI to hear a two sentence explanation?

Of course not. Padme must either die or be chronically ill at the end of episode III.

yerssot
kj: destroying the pod of Sebulba, his agression with a greedo-type (cut from the movie), in the end battle with his ship: after he destroyed the control ship he flew away and so a battledroid, wich could be very easily avoided got cut in 2. AND every kid that has the shaddow of Vader in the movie is very bad laughing out loud

djv: Leia was adopted, if you are adopted your last name changes to the family that you now belong. "She died when I was very little" She can't remember the name because she was too small to remember. But she knows something from the time before her adoption about a sad woman who was her mother. Otherwhise Luke wouldn't have asked about her mother, her real mother. (the word real is important here)

j212g: But not giving away she died, this could be than a major shock for ROTJ, but I still hope EpIII will be for an older public then EpI so you can see her die.

DJ Velocity
It just seemed weird to change everything in Leia's life yet keep Luke' the same apart from filling him full of shit occasionally.

yerssot
The same you can say with something else:

Luke knows that Beru and Owen aren't his parents, they are called Aunt and Uncle.
Leia's name is actually Leia Organa. So they didn't told here that she was adopted.

King Jedi
I agree with Jedi212guy. We have to see her dying or being very near death.

I think Leia knew she was adopted.

yerssot
I hope so.

LaurenE147
The novel version of ROTJ and the databanks at the official site both say that Leia knew she was adopted.

Ushgarak
A helpful indication, though I will remind people that neither source is full canonical.

yerssot
I made a mistake two replys ago: Leia KNEW she was adopted otherwhise she couldn't answer Lukes question about her REAL mother.

Vaader
I think either:
1) Paadme will die Tragically in the film; trying to save Anakin from the Dark Side, but wen she dies, He turns to anger completely and it is fueled by his grief,
or
2) Anakin will turn to the Dark Side after sumone kills Paadme
or
3)Paadme dies in an unrelated event, e.g Hit by a hover car on Coruscant/ examining the end of a broken blaster wen it fires.
or
3) Anakin accidently kills his Mom (we know she's back) and that is wot turns him to Anger and Hatred.

Ushgarak
There is absolutely no chance that Anakin turns to the Dark Side after killing Padme otherwise he would have know about the twins; same deal for him turning after someone kills her.

She was just fine when he turned and was hidden before Anakin knew she was pregnant.

yerssot
But she has to die and Annakin must know so his turn would be more understandeble

Ushgarak
Anakin may hear of her death but he is already THOROUGHLY turned by that point.

King Jedi
And it would be more dramatic if Anakin just didn't care what happens to her after he has turned.
This innocent woman is left dying and Anakin doesn't know and doesn't care either.

Julie
As much as I wish Padme would not have died, I believe that Mr. Lucas will show her death in Ep III. I have no proof, just a feeling. If the movie doesn't cover her death then I'm sure a book will. This would be a tragedy in itself. Though a book could cover this event, it wouldn't have the same potent effect as an on-screen death. What if Emperor Palpatine kills Padme with Anakin watching? That would give Anakin good reason to toss him when he tries to electrocute Luke in ROTJ....just a thought.

Ratcat

yerssot
Maybe Luke and Padme use the same line:
"Help me, please"

And Annakin saying in EpIII: "I can't, I must obey my master" so that you can say then that he is completly turned

King Jedi
We have to see Padme dying because otherwise Anakin turning isn't that bad.

Think about it, when he turns what do we actually see him do?

He doesn't kill Obi-Wan or Yoda(the two main Jedi).
He kills Sand People (who we don't care about).
And then he kills a lot of Jedi(most of whom we have never seen).

Padme dying because of Anakin turning would make him turning even more tradgic.

Ratcat

yerssot
That reminds me:
there was a top 10 list why you have to be a dark Jedi, one of them was:
picking up girls in a own DS.

Maybe the way of the quickest is for impression (see first line of scriptment)

King Jedi
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the audience. We HAVE to see the sad consequences of Anakin turning. The only way to really do that is if WE see Padme die.
I hope Anakin doesn't know she is dead and just doesn't care.

yerssot
Why wouldn't care? That's to much of the bad at once

King Jedi
Because he has turned to the dark side.
It would be great if we see Padme die and at the same time Anakin is off being evil and just forgets all about Padme.

LanceWindu
That would be great why?

yerssot
Hey it's just GL, not Michael Crichton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.