Worst Movies Of All Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
I really hated the Crow movies and Blair Witch 2 was a pile of - erm, horse dung. Texas Chainsaw Masacre was nowhere near as good as everyone said it was and the Haunting wasn't scary at all. Speed 2 was pretty silly and Mission to Mars had the most pathetic storyline for a sci-fi movie.
How about you lot? Any hated movies you wanna share?

theEviljedi
Is The Haunting the movie with Neeson? I thought it was pretty scary...for a PG-13 movie that is.

King Jedi
The Matrix for reasons that's been discussed elsewhere. And The Thin Red Line. There are probably a lot more that I hate but those two are annoying me a lot this month.

Darth Daft
EJ, yeah The Haunting is the one with Neeson and Catherine Zeta Jones. But even for a PG-13 it still wasn't scary at all. The trailer made it look creepy but it just wasn't. And the story was rubbish and silly.

Ratcat
Event Horizon

I have tried to watch it 3 times, once at thre cinema and twiuce on TV and evry time I have fallen asleep within 20 minutes of the start.

Maybe I keep missing the good bit...

theEviljedi
Batman and Robin,Scream 2,etc...

UnknownBountyHunter
Texas Chainsaw Massacre was great. Some people just don't have the respect for the modern revolution of horror films. The one movie I really hated was Cutthroat Island. *eck* I have honestly never hated any non-drama German movies. *Yes we are that good* stick out tongue

Darth Daft
I don't think I've ever watched a German movie, except short ones on filmfour. Was Run Lola Run a german film?

Xizor
I think the worst movie i ever saw was Battlefield Earth, it was awful.

theEviljedi
It looked awful.laughing out loud

Xizor
It was awful.smile

Jedi Mercenary
the worst movie I've seen in my entire life is "Down to You", with Freddie Prinze jr., not only did it lack a real plot, it explored the backrounds of the main characters, Prinze jr. is a cook!!

King Jedi
I think Freddie Prinze Jnr is one of the worst young actors I've seen. He is terrible in I Know What You Did Last Summer. He looks dead.

Jedimaster3838
I agree with Mission to Mars, it was boring and pointless. I also hated the Perfect Storm. I know its a true story and I knew the ending, I just thought it was kinda cheesy. I am also not a big fan of the Nutty Professor movies or the Austin Powers.

Darth Daft
I don't like the Nutty Professor movies either, but I loved the Austin Powers movies even though the 2nd one used many of the same gags as the first one.

theEviljedi
You didn't like The Perfect Storm? I thought it was great. I liked the 1st Nutty Professor flick but the 2nd one was just awful. Just another pointless film. Austin Powers is awesome. The directors go where no other directors dare go and really surprise you with the hilarious things they show.

Dim
Mission To Mars :lackluster
Austin Powers 2: beyond stupid (and I liked the first one mind you...)
Baxter (sick SICK French film)
Unbreakable (*sigh* lackluster, not the best way to approach that gendre)
Nightmare before Christmas (only movie I've ever walked out of)
The Pillowbook (It's great if you like watching Ewan Mcgregor get bonked for 2 hours...then skinned)

There's more...but I don't want to depress anyone..

Jedi Mercenary
how can you not like Nightmare Before Christmas??

Dim
Well, it was long, and boring...and generally sucky. (like the vast majority of Burton movies, sadly enough)

Jedimaster3838
I recently saw "Any Given Sunday" and it is quite possibly the worst movie EVER made. It makes "Mission to Mars" look like "Godfather." I love Al Pacino and Cameron Diaz, but the movie was beyond awful. Ugh.....just pathetic

theEviljedi
(This message was left blank)

Darth Daft
I can't remember if I've seen Nightmare before Christmas before, but I do like quite a lot of Burton's movies. Mars Attacks was very silly, but still great. Ed Wood is quite amusing as well.

Dim
Ick!...I do not like Tim Burton films. At all! smile

queeq
I love Tim Burton, except Nightmare before Christmas but then he only produced it.

Worst movie, wow, there's so many off them. I'll stick to the classic Howard the Duck.

And there are some German movies that are among my favourites, UBH. (Das Boot, Himmel ueber Berlin, Die Stand der Dinge, Fitzcarraldo, Aquirre: der Zorn Gottes, older stuff like Munchausen, Metropolis, Das Kabinett des Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu) You have a great tradition in great films.

queeq out

UnknownBountyHunter
Some more not-so-good films:

1)The Mafia
2)PsychoCop II
3)Child's Play I-III

I am a horror film fanatic but the latter 4 were horrible in stabilizing a decent plot. *eck*

theEviljedi
Child's Play 1 and 2 were good UBH.

Ratcat
I think the whole series is an aquired taste, you either love em or you hate them. Same with films like The Freddy series and Halloween.

Darth Daft
I guess it depends how fussy you are when it comes to storyline and dialogue and that sort of thing. I personally don't care about that sort of thing as long as the movie is entertaining. After all, that's what films were made for: entertainment.

queeq
But they shoudn't get annoying. Sequels have a tendency to do that. I only really liked the first Halloween, very well made but very basic thriller.

Don't you think it's odd there are only a few cases in which a sequel is better than the original. I can only think of Mad Max 2, ESB and Batman Returns at this time. Usually sequels are not near as good as the original.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Yeah its usually because the original is so good and uses such great dramatic techniques that the creators of the sequel try to use the same kind of methods, but by that time the techniques have become unoriginal. OR they just try something new that just doesn't work as well as the first movie did.

King Jedi
I don't think anyone has mentioned Titanic yet so I'm going to.....it's terrible!!

theEviljedi
I use to love Titanic but after seeing it 3 times I began to lose interest and since than I have grown to hate it.

Darth Daft
I loved watching it at the cinema, but on TV it doesn't seem to have the same effect (as with most movies really).
Still, it's on my favourite movies list.

King Jedi
It's one of the most boring films I've ever seen. I think it's the only film I've seen where you sit there desperate to see the hero die.

queeq
See! It has its merits. I like it, don't care what you say. The thing I hate most about it that I love the soundtrack but it has been played to death that I hardly can put myself to playing either of the two CD's anymore.

Ah well. OK, now I felt that The Matrix sucked big time (nice effects though). Haven't seen many recent movies though.

queeq out

Dim
Yeah...but queeq...you like Johnny Depp...I don't think I need say more stick out tongue

theEviljedi
He is scary.

queeq
Well, actually I do like him. I don't get why many people dislike him so much. Maybe it's because I never watched 21 Jump Street or something. OK, Cry Baby was kind of weird, but look at great films like Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood and San Juan de Marco. You can't just go around saying that he sucks, now can you? Well, I can't.

So, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH laughing out loud

queeq out

Dim
He gets that little pouty look...then I want to hurt him...beeeeeeeelah!

queeq
So? At least he moves you. How many actors do that, eh?

queeq out

Darth Daft
Johnny Depp is a great actor I think. He was good in Sleepy Hollow and Nick of Time.

King Jedi
I agree with that. He's not a poncy boyband type like most young Hollywood actors. He also played guitar on Oasis' Be Here Now album and is going to be in a British comedy show called the Fast Show this Christmas because he is a big fan. How many Hollywood actors are as cool as that?

theEviljedi
The only reason I don't like him is because I use to be scared of Edward Scissorhands when I was younger. It was a good movie but he just scared the living day-lights out of me. I still haven't completely recovered from that movie.stick out tongue

Darth Daft
Yeah it was kind of creepy and dark at the time. I haven't seen it in years, so I'd love to see it again some time.

theEviljedi
Not me.I don't want to take the chance of that happening again.laughing out loud

queeq
I own it on video. It's the movie that introduced me to Depp and I like him ever since. Despite an apparent public lack of appreciation. Well, in Holland at least. I think it was caused by 21 Jump Street, but I still think he's great. DD agrees with me, although Nick of Time is not one of his best IMHO OC.

queeq out

theEviljedi
I owned it...but I eventually threw it away.

queeq
What a waste... laughing out loud

queeq out

theEviljedi
Hey he really spooked me.laughing out loud

Thomas H
Ok people its time to shere your badest time infornt of the tv or cinema. Top ten worst movies:
Here are mine:
1. Jonny Mnemonic
2. American Ninja 5
3 The Otagun
4. Dancer in the dark ( I realy hate that movie)
5. Major League 3
6. Hellraiser 1,2,3,4....( Dont realy know how many movies there has been maked, anyway thay SUCK!!)
7. Rocky 5
8 Deep Impact
9. the legionere
10. Another Van Damme film! laughing out loud

ToMacco
Ten really bad movies.

-Freddy Got Fingered
-Here on Earth(Chris Klien)
-Down to Earth (Chris Rock)
-Gone in 60 seconds
-Battlefield Earth
-The General's Daughter
-Gladiator
-Eyes Wide Shut
-Blair Witch 2
-Scream 3

mah
can't remember 10, but:

1. Universial Soldier
2. Killer Tomatoes (1,2,3,4)
+ a whole bunch

Machine
1.gladiator
2.meet the parents
3.scream 1,2,3
4.behind enemy lines
5.harry potter
6.saving private ryan
7.zoolander
8.joe somebody
9.spy games
10.many many more

ToMacco
I think it is really hard to make a bad movie! You really have to be a dipshit to make a bad film

finti
Titanic
Sleepless in Seatle
Castway
Schindlers list
and all films including William Hurt
oh and all Jurasic Park crap

ToMacco
sad sad sad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Schindler's List? SCHINDLER'S LIST?!?!?!???!??!!?!?!??!?!?!? finti, your opinions on films will never be respected by me again.

By bashing Titanic, Cast Away and (the first) Jurassic Park, only fuels your incompitence towards films. You have nothing to back up your acusations, and if you do. . . I'd like to hear them.

You've just spit on some of the best movies ever made. If you can't back up your claims, then I suggest you QUICKLY back down

finti
I FOUND THEM BORING and who made you able to deceide the competance toward films. Just because you think they are good doesnt mean others should think so as well. Kind of arrogant to think so.
And I couldnt care less if you dont respect my opinions on film, it is my opinion and I dont get influenced by populare opinion. Have a mind of my own.

Thomas H
Shcindlers list are one of the best movies ever made..but offcourse if you dont like it its ok to post it as the worst movie ever..I dont agree but anyway!!!

Thomas H
Offcourse....Killertomatoes they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are ridlicolus!!!!! laughing out loud

mah
titanic?
schindlers list?
jurassic park 1 ?

where are your film taste ?.

you found them boring, but they can still be good!

finti
totally different from yours obviously
two of them sucked big time JP1 was actually really bad
and Schindlers list was extremly boring

No, if they are boring you dont like them so how can they be good from my point of view.????????

mah
but, but.....but how can you dislike such movies confused

King Jedi
1. The Thin Red Line
2. Titanic
3. The Matrix
4. Rush Hour
5. The Fith Element
6. Alien Ressurection

These might not be the worst films ever but I hate them!

Ushgarak
I loved Thin Red Line. Oh well. And let's not have ANOTHER Schindler's List argument. We've done it all before.

Surprised no-one has mentioned either Blair Witch film yet; I quite like them myself (well... the first one, anyway) but they normally are regulars on this sort of list.

The Postman, anyone?

finti
Actually the postman is on the tv tonight havent seen it so i get back to you on it. Blair witch havent seen them either horror movies kind of suck.

too long too slow and to dull for my taste.
Im not bashing the actors performances cause they are great, except Sam Neil hate him and William Hurt, but the stories did not appeal to me.
If I want to watch a guy have a conversation with a volley ball, I just buy one of my friends some vodka and a case of beer: And voilla after some hours it would be laughing time stick out tongue

ToMacco
I don't think you really believe what you say. You're just doing it for arguments sake.

finti
No I actually dislike the films, I knew it would be arguments about it though, but that just kicks the thread up a bit.

TeCk-IcE
1.My Fair Lady
2.Hellraiser 3
3.Hellraiser 2
4.Hostage train (Judge reinhold)
5.American dragons (Michael Biehn)
6.Missing in action 3
7.Double team
8.Major league 3
9.The octagon
10.I don`t remember

Thomas H
I totaly agree with you on the my fair lady....it sucks big time mad

TeCk-IcE
Yeah dude!

that was the most pointless film I ever saw!

It`s ridicolous.....why did they make that movie?

confused

finti
About My Fair Lady
It was made because it was a huge musical on that time and it was actually a blockbuster on the screen. It was different times and different interesst then. Your parants and in some cases your grandparents thought the world of that film.

Well between you two (TeCk-IcE and Thomas H) you listed Snatch and The Rock as one of your fav movies
So riddle me this: Why did they make those two movies?????

Zed
C'mon ladies, calm down.

Everybody has a right to their opinion, although I do think that people can ask them why they think that way.

Thomas H
Yes your right My Fair lady was a big blockbuster like Mary Poppins, it was very popular to make musicals at that time, any way the movie sucks

TeCk-IcE
Well, i guess you`re right Finti...but I still don`t like it.

But if I ask my mother and father, they will probably say they loved it...and I don`t think they would love snatch or the rock..but anyway.....My oppinoun is my oppinioun...

smile

Thomas H
Well how did not like the Rock..tell me that. One of the 90th biggest blockbuster and the most whanted movie on VHS:
The reason why I got it on Top 10 best movies is that the movie ROCKS.
Anyway I am not so found about snatch. A copy of lock stock if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!

finti
I enjoyed the Rock great cast pretty cool story and good ol`action.
Snatch well I think Brad Pitt was cool in that movie

Thomas H
The Rock had some amazing actoin.
I wwould say that it was Nicholas Cages action breaktrought.

finti
Well its kind of action in Wild at heart too and dont get my wrong on that My Fair Lady thing I dont llike it either but I couldnt resist. evil face

Thomas H
smile
OK

King Jedi
A few others that I hate -
1. The Sixth Day (Arnie at his worst)
2. Mission Impossible 2
3. Lethal Weapon 3 and 4
4. Eye Of The Beholder (which I just saw again and it got even worse).
5. Godzilla

And probably the worst film I've ever seen - The Avengers

BackFire349
finti lost all his credibility now...how can you diss the horror movie genre? i mean..yes...these days it does suck...but theres some f****** amazing films in the genre....but you probably havent seen them.

mah
KJ:
what's wrong with MI:2 ?

finti
that is easy cause they are not scary, I never been scared off any horror movies ever and thet sort of the point is gone. So after Elm Street 2 I gave up on the genre.
Many of them have very poor acting and the stories are so predictable.
It is not a horror movie but I thought Dracula 2000 was cool.

Oh and I saw Scream 1 it was more of a comody rather than a horror.

List the amazing ones I might have seen them you know, and if the Fog is not among them You(machine) lost all of your credibility.

ToMacco
laughing out loud I forgot about Godzilla! That WAS bad!

Dim
hmmmmmmm.... Species and Species 2, Glitter, The American Movie....I'm sure I'll think of some more later. I think maybe this topic is too wide..Maybe we should go by gendre or a certain actor.. laughing out loud it would be easier then!

ToMacco
Keanu Reeves would have a record amount of posts. big grin

Thomas H
MI:2 was good I also think that lethal wepon 3 and 4 was quite good! smokin'

finti
nah they were all bad.

King Jedi
It's like a 2 hour long shampoo advert. All those slow motion shots with Tom Cruise's hair blowing in the wind. I just thought it was ridiculous. But that's probably because I don't like Jon Woo.

The first one was much better.

Did I mention the Avengers? Has anyone seen it?

Thomas H
It is painfull to watch!!!!!!! embarrasment

Thomas H
Not after my opinion! eek!

queeq
Why are you all forgetting the worst movie of all time: Plan 9 from Outer Space?

Thomas H
Never heard about it!!!!

TeCk-IcE
What`s that?

A black/white alien movie from 1930?

evil face

Bad Boy
Lethal Weapon 3 and 4 are the best two!!! M:I-2 is good to. So what if Tom Cruise's hair flops in the wind. Does that actually make a film bad? That's like saying Gladiator is crap because Russell Crowe had a beard!

The worst films are!

1) The Talisman
2) Mortal Kombat 2
3) Get Shorty
4) Rocky and Bullwinkle
5) Bring It On
6) Deep Impact
7) Psycho
8) Resivour Dogs (can't spell it)
9) Assault on Death Mountain
10) Airbourne

Thomas H
laughing out loud

King Jedi
No it isn't. The first MI film actually had a story and was interesting. The second one was a vanity project for Tom Cruise. Jon Woo was brought in to make Tom Cruise look good and that's it.
The Ethan Hunt character went from being a smart James Bond style spy to being Action Man. The whole film was all about making Tom Cruise look good.

Thomas H
Well, the action in MI:2 was amazing. When I go to see a movie directed by John the king of acton Woo, I dont expect a qouite good story, I am expecting some hell of action, and good shooting!

Ushgarak
Well, I never forgave MI for making Jim Phelps a bad guy... I mean, a twist is a twist and so on but that's like making Kirk a Klingon!

Machine
i thought america movie was good ,it was very interesting and unique and at times funny .

BackFire349
well, since im watching XXX, one question comes to mind, what are some of the worst movies you've ever seen? well heres my list...in no particular order

XXX
queen of the damned
tomb raider
mummy 2
fast and teh furious

and im sure there will be many more diesel monstrosities that will be added in the future.

finti
xxx are one of them
Dick Tracy,
and the most boring of them all Castaway and Schindlers list

Thomas H
2001 a space oddesey!

steve-o
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
The Matrix
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Both)
Scorpion King
Extreme Ops
Mystery Men
xXx
Batman & Robin

zimbo
Why Matrix st.-o.???
And BF I hate Tomb raider too.

BackFire349
theres some brilliant movies being mentioned here...i find that very disturbing.

steve-o
I hated The Matrix. Enuff said.

BackFire349
im not reffering to the matrix.

steve-o
Man whatever, I didnt like Texas Chainsaw Massacre either. Who cares?!

BackFire349
just cuz you dont like a movie doesnt mean its bad. theres plenty of movies i dont care for that i can still recognize and respect. to say thats one of the worst movies ever made not only shows you cant recognize brilliance when you see it but also that you know nothing of the horror genre.

steve-o
No no no. You just cant accept the fact that other people hate that movie. Brilliance? Yer opinion. I know nothin of the horror genre jus cuz I dont like Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Grow up boy!

Thomas H
hehe...

Bad Boy
Has Backfire, the man who always has an answer been finally beaten?

We await his reply...........

Bad Boy
1) Mortal Kombat 2
2) Harry Potter 2
3) Rocky and Bulwinkle
4) Airplane
5) Bring It On

BackFire349
people can hate it, i have no problem with that, i know its not a film for everyone, but to call it one of the worst movies ever is just silly considering the unarguable impact it had on the horror genre. call it what you will, but the fact is that it was one of the most influencial horror movies ever. i have no problem with you disliking it, but you should still respect it as a horror masterpiece.

BackFire349
and as far as 2001 a space oddessy goes.... im not even going to get started on that one.

steve-o
I'm not gonna respect somethin I dont like. I respect the fact that YOU may think its the worlds greatest movie or whatever- cuz you have that particular taste. BUT I personally think its a stupid waste of time and has done nothin to the horror genre but add more garbage. You cant say I'm wrong- but you can disagree. So by all means disagree- but- IN MY OPINION- it is one of the worst movies ever made.

BackFire349
yes, it is your opinion that you may not like it, but, you are wrong in saying that it added nothing to horror movies, ask any horror director currently working and they will say that it was one of the main inspirations for horror movies made after it. take halloween for example, goo dmovie, but basically its just a watered down TCM, the thing that i thought made tcm so incredible is that it was the first horror movie to kinda cross subgenres. it had elements of slasher movies, psychological horror movies like silence of the lambs, and exploitation elements. not to mention that its funny as hell too, it never took itself to seriously, even though im sure he knew what he was making would go down in history as a modern horror classic. no i cant say you're wrong in disliking it, but i can say you are wrong in that you think it added nothing to the genre. it is a well known fact that every horror movie made after it copied certain elements from it. whether it be the dark humor, or the exagerated camera movements, or abstract music/noise playing through it. it was influential, that cannot be argued.

steve-o
Ok sure, but that doesnt change my opinion. Its all good man. Aaaaight?! smokin'

BackFire349
yes, its all good. influential, not arguable, it was. good or bad, that is the opinion.

Ushgarak
Revealed your opinion is...

Sorry, don't know why I said that.

Anyway, it's still Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Bad Boy
Damn, I can't believe I'm saying this, but for once I 100% agree with Backfire.

I mean, TCSM is one of the worst films I have seen, but that's just me. When I watch it, I have the utmost respect for what it is, and I can appreciate how influental it is. But I just happen to hate it.

Nowadays, too many people watch films and decide it should be something else, rather than judging them for what they are.

BackFire349
wow bad boy agrees with me..... i dunno what to say. big grin

finti
light a candle

Bad Boy
Must be 'cos it's Christmas!

kychesu
Black Robe ..
the second largest Canadian production ever .. haha. sorta funny that way

Dexx
worst movies?...must be leslie Nielsen's..all of them!!

Bad Boy
I don't want to alarm you but.....

finti
Leslie is cool as Frank Drebin .....for a while

Fire
lol friday we have the night of the bad movies in belgium

finti
guess xxx is on then

BackFire349
yes

Fitch
or that mutant tenage ninja thing.....

P.S:no offence steve-o.just my opinion.....

steve-o
Man.

Fitch
do you have a problem with my opinion?
if u feel vexatious,u're stupid.It wasn't an affront....just my simply opinion.can't understand you

steve-o
Shutupa yo mouth!

Fitch
feeling overdone ? btw,nice phrases wink

Fire
no finti not xXx no belgium channel will ever pay to be allowed to broadcast that one

I'll get you the list tomorrow

worst movie ever:
xXx
Lost in space
and a lot of others I am not gonna start to mention

steve-o
I liked Lost in Space. It was a hell of a lot better than The Matrix.

BackFire349
wow.... thats something i wasnt expecting to ever hear ever by anyone.

finti
I must add Blade 2 and Scorpion King to this list, what a waste of money

BackFire349
scorpion king wasnt bad, it was a fun dumb action movie, i liked it better then mummy 2.

finti
I didnt and Lost in Space laughing laughing out loud

Fitch
just opinions.......laughing out loud

Mujaffa
Happy Dance the plot of Lost in Space laughing out loud

Dexx
steve-o..how much are they paying you to say you like the world's shittiest movies?
the bastards aren't gonna get you on tv at jackass so..stop trying.

steve-o
Damnit all. No harm in trying though.

Dexx
true..i bet they're reading your posts right now

steve-o
Gee! Do you really think so?! That'd be swell!

Dexx
no, i was kidding..that little fart wee-man can't even reach the display.
Ok..back ontopic

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>