Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vaader
This has prob been discussed before, but the "Yoda" in ep1 doesnt look as good as the Yoda in empire and ROTJ, I cant seem to put my finger on xactly wots wrong, but its sumthin to do with his face. Any thorts?
Plus, Theyve tried to age him backwards, but for gods sake, the force empowered Muppet is 900 years old, how much could he have changed in appearance in 30 years?

Ushgarak
He looks different because they needed him toi do more than he did in ESB, but a lot of people have taken issue with it, yeah.

The rapid relative ageing may seem odd, but it's a big old galaxy... maybe they are fine for centuries then rapidly age those last few decades?

yerssot
They had to make him younger (d'euh!!) And that was the result, I thought his hair and and certainly the EYES (I mean the bones around his eyes) are not good. That is the big difference

LaurenE147
I thought he looked older than he did in ESB and ROTJ. I think he looked better the first time around.

yerssot
I don't think so! He is in TPM so ugly!!!

btw: they also changed a little bit of his forehead

darth fester
do you think well see him get jiggy with yaddle

yerssot
I didn't even know till a little while ago that Yaddle is a female

King Jedi
I didn't like the TPM puppet either. They completly changed his nose and eyes. The original puppets eyes were modelled on Albert Einstien but they seemed to forget that in TPM.

yerssot
They based the eyes on someone else, also a big shot but I can't remember who

King Jedi
The eyes in TPM?

yerssot
yep

darth fester
stephen hawkin maybe

yerssot
I don't think it is that one, I thought I knew the guy but I don't know who you're talking about

darth fester
stephen hawkin is the greatest brain on earth you know the wheel chair guy that was on the simpsons

we must keep talking

yerssot
I don't know

King Jedi
The greatest brain on earth but we know him as "the wheel chair guy on the Simpsons". laughing out loud

darth fester
i know sad isnt it

Dim
Maybe we should send a memo to see if we can get those eyes changed back laughing out loud

yerssot
If he has Einsteins eyes in OT and hawkins eyes in TPM, wich eyes would he have in AOTC?

King Jedi
Homer Simpson.

Dim
George W. Bush?... stick out tongue

yerssot
Dim!!!
In case you didn't noticed: Einstein is smart and the otherone is smart, so in conclusion Yodas eyes in AOTC must be from another smart person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Jedi
Are you saying he isn't smart? laughing out loud

yerssot
Oh no! I insulted homer simpson rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Dim
laughing out loud I know I know!!..I'm bad!...

How bout Ghandi's eyes?..(is that better, yerssot? stick out tongue )

King Jedi
Ah.....Ghandi.........he is that guy from South Park, right? big grin

yerssot
BTW: wich eyecolor does Yoda have?

Gandhi? I like it!

Dim
I think they're green/brown.

yerssot
It's green, I checked

King Jedi
Where did you check?

yerssot
There is a picture of Yoda on the net, were he points his finger at you with his speech, you can clearly see green eyes

yerssot
BTW: Yoda DOES disappear WITH his clothes on:
the blancket is pulled against his chest but you can clearly see that his clothes disappear

Ushgarak
Best not read too much into that.

yerssot
In 1983, the fx would be good enough so they could 'strip' him from his clothes, if neccasary

Ushgarak
They may not have had the time nor inclination to bother, or it was a simple mistake (not the only one in ROTJ!). Really, I would NOT read too much into it.

yerssot
Why not?

Perhaps the disappearance of Obi-Wan whitout his clothes, THAT was poundering Vader, ... could be, right?

darth fester
hey remember that song
hes got betty davis eyes

maybe he could have hers

Dim
Well, if we can make assumptions based in that then why can't we assume that Vader disappeared?

finti
SHE`s got Betty Davis eyes, not HE.

darth fester
aaah but if yoda did theyd have to change the lyrics

yerssot
Dim, that's because the relation between a ghost and disappearing aren't fully proven. But you can say that OB1 disappeared and he became a ghost, same with yoda. But you don't see Vader disappearing and that's the problem.
Ush and I agreed that Vader DID disappear (for example; watch the burning at the end of ROTJ, the mask of Vader is almost lieing in his helmet, indicating no-one is in the suit+ everybody at sw.com and lucasfilm is saying it, but that's not the same)
BTW: his costume isn't natural or handcrafted, it's a difficult high-tech suit, so it didn't dissappear BUT Annakin (not Vader) DID appear with his clothes on at the end of ROTJ.

Dim
That's just my point..you're allowing some assumptions but then when it suits you it seems like you want something to be fully proven before you accept it.

yerssot
That's because everything has to be 1OO% correct, GL can still change his mind about things, he can say that QGJ disappeared but we didn't saw it. (btw: he isn't coming back as a ghost: watch it at the database of sw.com he is only there at epI but Obi who dies in ANH is also in ESB and ROTJ)

sand person no. 10
just because he's not in the database doesn't mean anything, do you think they would have told us that vader was Lukes dad in the databases in the eighties, by not putting it in the database leaves it open for an inclusion in the next 2 films and making it more of a surprise.

queeq
Exactly. I did not agree on Vader disappearing, because I did not see it happen. What the relationship between disappearing and ghost appearance is, must be revealed in the next two episodes. There is no proof QGJ will appear, but there is also no proof that he will NOT appear.

And I second Dim in her remarks, she's quite right.

jedi212guy
If QGJ appears, it will have to be in Episode III. Liam Neeson is not scheduled to appear in II, correct?

King Jedi
Correct.

yerssot
Sandy there is a big difference between a huge spoiler in the '70 by saying Vader was Lukes father, and saying one will return. I for one know that QGJ won't appear for the reason that Neeson isn't casted.

queeq
That still doesn't prove the darnest thing. Who says QGJ is not scheduled to appear in EpII???? Did anyone of your read the script or something? We don't know if he appears or not, that's it.

yerssot
Then they've put Lian Neeson on the cast-list, wouldn't they?
btw: I've read the scriptment, so I'm a little bit in the advantage.

King Jedi
Liam Neeson himself said he wasn't in it. He then said he might be in Ep3. If it was a big secret then surely he'd sayhe wasn't in any of them.

yerssot
So with that he isn't in EpII or EpIII

King Jedi
Well when he was interviewed it sounded like he expected to be back at some point but didn't know when.

queeq
Okay, yerssot, I was the one who sent you the scriptment, so where's the advantage, hmmmm??? big grin

Next, if QGJ's appearance is to be a surprise, they wouldn't put him on the cast list right now, right? And as for Neeson, don't forget these people have to sign certain secrecy papers. Perhaps he was not allowed to talk about it.
All in all, we don't know anything unless official sources openly DENY his presence in the film and until the movie comes out.

Ratcat
The cast list at the Official Website is hardly complete.

Infact, I don't think they have a complete cast list for ANY of the Star Wars movies if you check.

queeq
Thank you RC!

sand person no. 10
i doubt on rotj cast list they had "and playing anakin skywalker, Darth Vader"

queeq
Indeed. It doesn't prove a thing.

King Jedi
But if Neeson had to keep it a big secret then why would he say he might be in Ep3? If it was a big secret then he should have just said he won't be back, rather than adding to the speculation.

I thought he would be back but now I don't.

queeq
He also said he might be back but that he didn't know when. So where does that put him? Anywhere or nowhere. It is of course possible that they did indeed film his lines during TPM.

yerssot
So it's all a big secret?
That's why he said that he maybe could return in EpIII laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Look, we may not have no PROOF that Liam iscoming back, but that;s hardly the point. You have no proof that he is and we can't just go around assuming things just because of lack of evidence otherwise; that's not how it works at all.

With everything we have before us- e.g. Liam diretly saying that he ISN'T in it (if he was bound by a contract he would have just avoided the question), the only reasonable assumption to make right now is that he is not back.

We'll see if this changes.

queeq
Oh, you're no fun anymore. big grin

Ushgarak
Yeah, I'm sorry, it's hippo-withdrawl...

queeq
We need you get some more hippos then.

Dim
Why?, they're so gross..

yerssot
What? you're not a hippo-freak?
shame on you smile

queeq
Looks like Dim declared war on Ush. big grin

yerssot
I'm ready for ithttp://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/cwm/3dlil/lurk.gif

Ushgarak
Ooohh... there is such evil in the world...

yerssot
And now I'm nice, otherwhise...

queeq
Hand me some of that Belgian popcorn, yerss. big grin

yerssot
Does anyone has some soda?
*hands some popcorn to queeq*

King Jedi
Yes but I'm not sharing. evil face

yerssot
Than it's NO POPCORN for you

queeq
Let the war begin. The one between Dim and Ush, that is.

ToMacco
Hey, who cares what Yoda looks like? Yoda rules.

queeq
He's green.

yerssot
The word "d'euh" cames to mind

ToMacco
I think Yoda is the greatest character to come out of the saga. He's the coolest little guy.

He's a tiny green dude, runnin' around, stirring up trouble, and moving s%#t with his mind. What a great concept! I'd love to sit with Yoda and chat, while we smoked huge cuban cigars.

queeq
You do know we will see Yoda fight Dooku, jump through the air, land on his shoulders, jump off again..... we are all so worried.

finti
Land on his shoulders??? Shouldnt be to hard to finish him off if you stand on his shoulder.

queeq
Well, he jumps off again. Sounds like the Muppet Show.

yerssot
Where did you get the part of Yoda running around? I thought that he walked with a stick...

queeq
Nope, read the scriptment again, yerssot. He FIGHTS Dooku, rescuing Anakin and OB1.

yerssot
I was talking about the OT

Ushgarak
I am more horrified than worried.

queeq
You never know. Maybe if GL sees the finished scene he may find it ridiculous as well.

yerssot
I heared that the scene would be included if the fx were good, otherwhise he would cancel it.

queeq
Well, there you go.

yerssot
to where?

Ushgarak
Where did you hear that from, yerssot?

yerssot
Don't know anymore, got it a long time ago.
It was I guess from someone working with FX, who got it from a guy from Lucasarts or whatever.
GL wasn't that satisfied with Yoda and his stick at the end of TPM, before the celebration; and then he dropped a line like;
"If it doesn't get better, Yoda will force-push him in a pit, otherwhise Yoda will fight"
PS: The battle-ending is between Yoda and Dooku and ends with the force-push, with Dooku dieing.

ToMacco
If there is to be a Yoda fight scene, they shouldn't use special effects. They should put Mini-me into a Yoda costume and let him whop some ass. big grin

yerssot
I hope you didn't disrespect the not-so tall ones in this world, they are also very important

ToMacco
I don't dis-respect anyone.

yerssot
then it's ok

queeq
I wonder if that spoiler is correct, yersott. The spy reports I've heard so far is that Dooku reports to Sidious after the fight, reporting that the war has begun.... the Clone War that is.

yerssot
What I heard he tells us that in the middle and then the big battle comes... confused

sand person no. 10
i'd rather have dooku die by anakin thrashing him with palpy watching him and then anakin turning to sithdom at the very end of the film, that would lead nicely to ep3. Perhaps anakin referring to palpy as master

queeq
Nah, that won't happen. Dooku'll probably cut off half Anakin's arm...

yerssot
Everybody thinks that's going to happen, but I'm not sure

sand person no. 10
something needs to happen like that or else ep3 is going to be too cramped full of events. anakin needs to at least have nearly turned by the end of ep2.

queeq
McCallum said that at the end of EpII Anakin is sort of at the crossroads, where he could go either way.

yerssot
Does that mean anything? I mean he isn't Vader but has he done some bad things already or...?

queeq
Well, he carves up a bunch of Tusken.... so rumour has it anyway.

ToMacco
I think at the end of Episode II, Anakin will not be turned at all (that we will see, anyway). I think he'll be completely in love with Padme. I think his mother will still be alive. And I think very few Jedi will have been killed, if any.

I don't care what any spoilers say. I think GL throws people 'curve balls' and then comes out with something totally different.

queeq
Shmi dies. And Anakin turns in EpIII.

yerssot
BTW: do Annakin and Amidala marry?

ToMacco
I have no idea. I wouldn't think they get married. It's probably against the Jedi Code to have a wife.

yerssot
it is, but would GL say they have children and didn't married eek!

ToMacco
Yeah, why not? What does he care?

yerssot
it's not his style

ToMacco
yup

queeq
Anakin and Padme marry at the end of AOTC. Defiance runs strong in this line of padawans...

yerssot
are you very sure about it?
never had any indications to that

queeq
I think this was even confirmed by McCallum. But it's strong rumour confirmed by many sources.

Dim
Yeah, it's been widely accepted.

queeq
See! Even Dimmy concurs, and that's rare. wink

yerssot
If even Dim excepts it, I must admit that it will be in the movie, wich I always thought it was.

ToMacco
I don't think they will or won't get married. But if they do, I don't think it will be in a movie. Think of how much a wedding would slow the pace of the film down.

In TPM, there were ver few times when Lucas slowed things down, I certainly don't think he'll do it for a 20 minute ceremony. Even if he cuts the ceremony to the important parts.

Of course, it could be the last scene of AotC confused They get married, knowing that Padme is pregnant!

yerssot
perhaps in the yellow text in EpIII?

ToMacco
maybe confused confused

Dim
I seriously doubt Padme will be preggers when they get married. For one thing I don't think the timing's right.

jedi212guy
Ye, in reality, they don't know each other very well at all. But I guess that wouldn't stop Padme from getting pregnant, if you know what I mean. smokin'

queeq
There'll be about a year between AOTC and EpIII, so that'd mean Padme conceives before EPIII begins. No way people, Anakin must fall first and then even her pregnancy is hidden from Anakin.

jedi212guy
Your probably right.

yerssot
Why must he fall first? He can make her pregnant, than go on a mission and falls

ToMacco
yerssot, I agree with you. He has to fall, after they have fallen in love and concieved the kids.

queeq
Sorry, I meant give birth.... not conceive.

I think Anakin falls right AFTER Padme gets pregnant, before even SHE knows.

finti
I really really wanted to coment on your post queeq, but the better side of me won stick out tongue

queeq
Sorry... sad

ToMacco
queeq-

I think everyone will know when Anakin falls.

queeq
When he does fall I think everyone will indeed know... *sigh*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.