Spider-Man vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Who would win this battle of battles? Remember Batman does have a chance due to his intellect.

ragesRemorse
Spiderman is of the most versitile hero's. there isnt many hero's he cant beat, but i'd say bats has him beat here. The simple reason is because they both rely so much on there intelligence and strategy when fighting. Batman is smarter. Batman is cooler too. Good fight though that i say would be one sided to spidey's advantage most of the fight

HockeyFace
Wouldn't a Batman vs Spidey film be cool? ahh... but one can only dream.

Tired Hiker
No way. Spidey is younger and full of fresher ideas. His strength is ten times that of a normal human as well. Plus he has a spider sense. Batman is cool and I am a Batman fan, but, Batman is a preppie. Spidey is straight up normal joe.

Hegemon875
Spidey is strong but Superman is a million times stronger and Batman has defeated him before.

saucybird007
Spider man big grin

godfather
i'm a big spidey fan - but this one would be to close to call- love to see it happen!!!!

HockeyFace
Batman also has more experience as a superhero...

godfather
Only just Hockey!!!! and spiderman is stronger and faster, although batman is more Intelligent and got cool gadegts!!! spidey may just pip it!!

ragesRemorse
ok taking all the advantages and facts of each hero. The fact that secures batmans victory is simple. Batman fought and beat the greatest villian of all time. Batman beat the predator. Now spidey beat carnage and venom, but the predator is just that. A predator. They travel the universe battling life forms of all existence. Batman beat the intergalactic badass, this means he can beat spiderman. Even though i like spidey better. Batman has him beat. Also spiderman loses his temper alot which is a great dis advantage. Batman does go pshyco now and then, he probably went more pshycotic than any hero. Hence the darknight. But bat's can keep his cool without a special spider sense assuring him of what is about to happen

godfather
i'm not saying that it won't be close because it will, and it could go either way. but it would take a lot to hurt spiderman- and on the predator very cool as he is he would not stand a chance against carnage - it took spiderman and venom to stop him!!

maifoshis
riddle me this riddle me that spidey is afraid of the big bad bat!

gambit88
no way bats would win he could barely hurt spiderman spidey has spider sense superstrength superspeed superagility stick to walls and he's supersmart along with everything else batman is smart and knows several forms of martial arts though that is alot against a normal guy he wouldn't stand a chance against spidey and about his gadgets they'd be useless against spidey in a fight he couldn't hit him with a batarang and he couldn't get away with his batgrapple spiderman would own him

HockeyFace
I bet Bats could make something to cancel out spidey's spidey sense!

gambit88
well that's another thing is this battle out of nowhere or did they both know this battle was coming so in other words did they have time to prepare or not?

godfather
got to agree gambit, spider sense wins the battle for spidey!!!!!

Lag
I'd say Batman would have to be really really really good for Spider-man not to hit him once, because with the first punch Spider-man wins. There are other heroes I'd rather see Spider-man fight. Batman is a very cool hero but Spider-man is out of his league.

gambit88
WAY WAY WAY OUT!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

DanZeke25
spider man would destroy batman.... batmans not even a super hero... he jus a guy wit a suit, cape and gadgets, even if da gadgets r strong sriderman can use his web, spider senses, super stregnth, and all that stuff

Hegemon875
WOW DanZeke25 you really know how to demonstrate your ignorance of comic book characters!!

Tired Hiker
Spider-Man all the way. Peter Parker is so much smarter than Bruce Wayne. Spider-Man designed his own web-shooters and played with the right elements until he created a usable web fluid to enable him to shoot webs. That is soooooooo cool. Batman has some killer gadgets, but nothing as cool as Spidey's web-shooters. Not even the bat jet.

ragesRemorse
batman would find a way. He has an incredible ability to change his fighting tactics to fit his enemy. Especially if he were the psychotic dark knight.

gambit88
no batman is outmatched in strength agility speed and reflexes in other words in a fight he would get smashed he's no smarter than spiderman their both really smart his gadgets would be useless against spidermans spidersense so he COULD NOT BEAT SPIDERMAN!!! Happy Dance cool Happy Dance

Hegemon875
Batman could play mind games by using spiderman's feeling that he is unappreciated. He never get's credit for his heroism and is usually blamed by the media. Batman could use this to his advantage and would get spiderman to surrender without even raisng a fist.

gambit88
that's not right jonah jameson has been trying that for years mysterio has tried it once or twice and so have a couple other villains jameson hired a psychiatrist that used hilucinations to make spidey think he was going mad so i don't think that would work.

CaptainInsano2
Batman. Bruce would have a technology that could stop the webbing.

ragesRemorse
batman is by far smarter than spiderman. There is no way around that. Of course parker is a smart cat. Alot of people think he is so incredibly smart for the fact that he developed the web shooter. Well After being bitten it was explained that he was given unknown knowledge about the spider's webbing which helped him develop the formula. I'd like to see parker design and build a car that can travel up to speeds of 400 miles an hour, loaded with weapons. Id also like to see him figure out rocket science,and creat a jet that can travel faster than the speed of light.

Batman has his own form of a spider sense. It's called clarity. Clarity that is only reached through the highest peaks of enlightenment. Spidey is a great hero, but let's face it he's a bit sloppy when it comes to fighting. He relies on his super strength and spider sense to save his life.Batman relies on skill, expierence,and knowledge to save his life. Batman has fought villians just as strong as spider mans villians, and has beaten them using only human strength, reflexes, and human intelligence.I mean batman cant say when fighting a villian " it's ok if i get hit because i'll be able to recover,due to my super strength" he has to be tactical,feirce and fast. which he is. If you are a comic reader you should know that strength is very rarely a key aspect in deciding the victory of a battle. Batman would scohol spidey on proper fighting techniques.

Hegemon875
I could'nt have said it better myself, and I doubt many other could, Ragesremorse. I am a comic reader and have to say that it's Batman's very human qualities that make him my favorite character,

batmanrules
batman is so much more smarter then spiderman, batman went to all those colleges in france and came out top of the class, www.geocities.com/jokerswild1047pm, check out the fights page on that site

batmanrules
bravo, you have said everything that we should be thinking

HockeyFace
Batman kicked Bain but and Bain is prolly stronger than even Spidey.

Spiderman would win.
Yes Batman uses his wit in a fight
But so does Spidey
And so maybe batman beats spiderman on overall intelligence in fight
but spider wins in every other aspect

it really does boil down to power

I'm smarter than a large SUV but if i fell on it, or it fell on me i'd be dead.

batmanrules
this isnt vs its whose cooler, and i know that superman probably has the edge, but batman was given a kryptonite ring so that if superman fought him batman would be able to use it. bats did use it in hush and then beat the crap out of superman. but the reason why batman is cooler is cuz hes only human an hes done more then most superheros have done. i like him as my favourite superhero cuz hes so dark and cool. hes a genius, and hes able to beat up 8 men in less then 5 seconds. if u read one of the novels about batman i gurantee u that he will be one of your favourites.

batmanrules
if you were in batman mind you would have to remember to avoid being crushed by an SUV

Lag
Batmanrules maybe I missed something that would have explained to me why you're talking about Superman and a krptonite ring, but this is a Spider-Man Vs. Batman conversation.

Anyways, Ragesremorse , I have agreed with you basically on every topic except for this one. When you said Spider-man relies only on his spidey sense and super strength you said it like it was a bad thing. You are right about super strength not meaning anything in comic fights, but I still think the fight leans more towards Spider-man. He's not as inexperienced as you made him out to be. As you know he's been in many huge battles and almost always comes out on top. Batman does know many forms of fighting, but Spider-man has his own graceful and almost ballet like natural (or unnatural) fighting form that, combined with his super strength and speed and his common sense would more than compare to Batman's. But this argument could go on and on, and in the end all that would really matter would be the opinion of the writer and artist. They dicide who would make the first move and mistake. So even though I think it leans more toward Spider-man, it could go either way.

Hegemon875
The reason I think that this would be close is not because spidey is strong or has amazing abilities, not that he doesn't, but that spidey doesn't have any MAJOR weaknesses like many other strong characters. He is a really good all round superhero with few things about him that can be easily exploited.

ragesRemorse
how do you compare fighting an SUV to two humans fighting. SUV's dont think, the only weakness they have is in the maintnece. An SUV may be more powerfull than me, but i gaurentee you IF i take a sledge hammer to the SUV its power will be nothing more than a heap of garbage when im done, POWER doenst mean jack shit in a comic book duel, if it did we would have no more superhero's

ragesRemorse
I agree with you lag, that spiderman's abilities make this seem totally one sided without a prayer for batman. The only thing that gives batman any hope is his supperior intelligence. His intelligence and inferior,but still amazing abilities give him a fighting chance. Batman understands his opponents. This is his greatest ability of all. Batman changes the way he fights to suit his opponent. The way he usually wins all of his battles is by manipulating his opponents into fighting on a level that is unfamiliar to them or into a trap that batman has planned out. Spidey has spidersense. superstrength. These are the only two things that give him an upper hand on batman. Batman is smarter, and his quich thinking, and reaction time would cancel out spidermans incredible agility.

See most of you are looking at what batman has to put up with to win, instead why dont you look at what spiderman has to put up with. Batmans incredible problem solving detective skills. Would lend a hand into finding a way to combat spidermans advantages. ,His perception changing abilities, could be plenty for batman to lead spidey into a trap. I mean a mentally thought out plan, not a physical trap, so dont give me anything about his spidersense warning him. BATMAN has for sight like no other superhero who isnt psychic. He Posseses for sight like no other superhero without pshycic ability. He has a clarity that never lets to much become to much. I mean this is deffaintly a battle that comes down to spidermans super strength, all baman needs to do is find a way to over come that,and looking at his expierence with superhuman villians. This is possible. I'm telling you super strength is the one and only advantage that spiderman holds over batman. This can be a major advantage confirming spidey's win, or an advantage that becomes a disadvantage due to batman's tactical abilities

batmanrules
dude, really strengh is no factor at all to batman. after actually seeing him defeat the hulk, im sure it has nothing to do with a fight. using advantages to defeat his apponent is what bats is trained for. in the middle of hulk vs batman, the room that they were fighting in was filling with gas, batman punched hulk in a key point where batman knew that hulk would have to take a deep breath in. spiderman lost to hulk when he confronted him(won once but only with those cosmic powers.) i think that spider-man is great and all, but i really dont think he would come out ontop of bats.

gambit88
spiderman doesn't rely on his strength he relys more on his speed he's taken down the hulk before don't forget spiderman is stronger and parker isn't considered smart cuz he built web shooters and web he's always been a A+ student through and through as is bruce spidey kept up his A+ average even though he was fighting since he was a kid while bruce went to school and trained himself THEN he fought crime spidey has been doing it since he was fifteenMAYBE i'm just being partial cuz i've always loved spiderman but batman was my first hero but spidey would wipe the floor with him.

Yeah the SUV exampl does make sense because as Rage said he could take a sledge hammer and destroy the suv. True but this is why Batman shouldn't even be considered a superhero-he has no superpowers. What if you didn't have that sledghammer (or any other means besides your hands and feet) to defeat it, you wouldn't, because you're not powerful enough to. Same with Batman, take away all his gagdets and he's even more powerless.

You can also think of it this way-superhero's have stats right..and spiderman would outdue batman in all physical aspects by far...the only thin batman would win on is possibly overall intelligence, and that would be very slight compared to the gap between the physical powers of the two. And so overall Spiderman just has a much better chance.

HockeyFace
Actually he started out as a detective character, BUT people aka FANS made him into a superhero... get your facts straight!

...ok, well he's labeled as a superhero now; that's all that matters and that's all that i'm talking about.

HockeyFace
Whoever said a superhero ever had to have super powers? Also YOU label him as a superhero.

batmanrules
if your going to take away batmans gadgets u might as well take away spidermans powers

nope, that's my point...spiderman is a superhero because of superpowers...it's what distinguishes him from other superhero's...his powers-that only he(for the most part) has....anyone can become batman-all you need is money. Other billionaires in the comic book universe have become crime-fighters with superior gagdets than batman has...such as tony stark/Iron-Man.

HockeyFace
Why do super hero's need super powers?

...because super-hero's implies super-powers, as opposed to regular hero's without powers. Hence the name Superman-he has super-powers

batmanrules
thats not true, its a hero that gets a cat out of a tree. its a super hero that puts his/her life on the line every day and is willing to risk everything. firemen dont go up against killer croc or the lizard

no...we label the firemen and policeman of 9/11 as HERO'S not SUPERHERO'S....superhero's are only fictional because it's impossible for humans to have SUPED-UP powers.

batmanrules
i imagine a superhero as someone who can do something someone cant, not just powers, but heros can be anyone. but not anyone can be as close to as good as batman. and dont compare the real world to the fictional world, we are speaking of fiction not fact, but fact that proves who can beat who, not what a hero or superhero is.

Hegemon875
Thats nice but Parher only went to ONE school, Bruce went to every major place of learning around the world and graduating at the top every time!

godfather

Lag
That's excactly right godfather. Facts don't matter to a certain point. If it will sell more books or be more amazing for one thing to happen than the other, then that's what the writers will do. Spider-man could take Batman's gadgets and be done for, but somehow he could escape or get the upper hand. Everything has to come into factor: Facts, Opinions, Environment, Awareness...and so on. Anyone could beat anyone if the right things happen. It just depends.

I'd consider Batman a superhero. He defeats supervillians. And I'd say he has super-intelligence and super gadgets.

gambit88
true but parker coulda done the same thing batman is more learned but spidey still has the battle won with two punches and batmans gadgets coudn't hit spidey and he couldn't hit spidey even if he did spidey wouldn't even be dazed i mean spidey has him in strength speed endurance his webs can do pretty much the same things that bats gadgets can he can make anything from a shield to a swing to a club plus bats couldn't break spideys web.

HockeyFace
Bats gadgets could!

gambit88
but if the web held bats for more than a second he'd be a goner there's just no way that bats would win unless somthing retarded happened like in so many comics before ya know those kind the one's where the bad guy gets away cuz of a chance explosion or somthing

batmanrules
dude batman has acids that he could use to eat trough spidys webbing

batmanrules
as hengemon said batman did go to every major school and collage and come out top of the class, thats right. but didnt batman start his training at the age of fourteen. he studied since the age of fourteen, and kept up his training for 7 years. also i wouldnt say batman trained himself, spidey trained himself, bats was trained by the top martial artists and ninjas in the world. and besides batman has alot more experience then spiderman. (bats beat up the hulk toowink)

Hegemon875
Not only is he trained in the martial arts but he was also trained by some of the world greatest detectives and escape artists (I think I read somewhere that he was even trained by Houdini but that might have been an elseworld)

gambit88
ok but still if the webs held for more than a sec he's gone and spidey would still be able to dodge all of bats gadgets so usually i wouldn't agree with the strength wins all crap but in this case spdiey would dodge all the gadgets so the gadgets are out of it so then it comes down to fighting ability and spidey is stronger and faster and still has his webs that bats probably couldn't dodge all the time like spidey could dodge all bats gadgets sorry if i've been real repetetive but i just wann get the point across that bats gadgets wouldn't do SQUAT. stick out tongue

It doesn't matter what batman has or doens't have, or has learned or hasn't learn the fact is that spidey beats him in every aspect of fighting except for possibly general intelligence(which is debatable, as shown on this thread itself)

so there you go...spiderman wins and rightfully so.

ragesRemorse
No, general knowledge is not debatable. Batman Is far more intelligent than peter parker. The intelligence that bruce holds, makes parker seem like a retard who just got done huffing on a car muffler trying to figure out chinese algerbra.

Any one who reads comics knows that bat's is of the smartest hero's or villans. The fact is, that the only thing spiderman has that batman can't counter is super strength. Everything parker has, batman has somthing to counter it with. Spidey has webbing, batman has side blades, and many other gadgets that would rip through his webbing. This makes his webbing pretty useless for offensive measures.Spidey has spidersense, batman has enlightenment and reaction time if not as good then better than spidey's, and he diddnt have to get bitten by a radioactive spider to obtain it. Spidey can web glide,batman has bat grappling. Anything else that spidey may have that batman doesnt. Bat's intelligence and gadgets more than make up for them.

You know after going through and through these facts i have to reclaim my previous statemant as batman being the under dog. I believe batman holds the advantage. I think spidey would have a lot of studying to do before he could even think about taking on the DARK knight

Wolfie
Spider-Man would win easily. In my book, Batman isn't even a superhero. He's just a cop dressed like a bat.

mailedbypostman
wtf????Have you even been listening to this conversation????!!
It could be either.Anyway bruce is the kind of guy who would be almost killed,but would get up again and fight some more.I love spidey but he can't win against that sort of guy.

kofmaster
spiderman of cores just say it with me spider sence lol

hotsauce6548
spidey is too strong, fast, and agile. i mean cum on... batman isnt even a superhero, yeah he mite be a hero but hes not a superhero. hes a normal martial artist with gadgets. its not fair for him because Spidey is out of his league so i think we should find somebody weaker for batman

batmanrules
okay here are the stats as i see fit:

strength:batman has beaten up bane, superman, amygadla(sp), the hulk and much more. these are ppl stronger so much stronger then spiderman it would be like ali arm wrestiling a 5 year old.

weapons: acid to counter and melt spidermans webbing.

intellagence: batman has gone to the most highest quility collages and universitys in europe and asia and has come out top of his class in all of them.spiderman is a high class university graduate.

fighting abilities: batman knows all 127 different forms of major combat which is much better then enhanced reflexes. he has ways of recovering extreamly well during a fight after getting hurt. he knows many resting and healing techniques. hey and alot more.

trained: batman went trough 12 years of training with ninjas for stealth and to walk as a shadow, manhunters and greatest top notch martial artists napalese monks to teach heeling techniques and also taught by African bushman for hunting techniques. spiderman got bit by a radioactive spider, which gave him enhanced reflexes.

now if u have anything to say about this then please spit it out

Eidolon
In response to the "Batman is more intelligent cause he went to all the best schools ect... " argument does not mean Batman is smarter. True he is has "Book Smarts" over Spidy, but it doens't mean Spidy isn't as smart as Bats.

All the Batman supporters keep referenceing Batman books/comics to prove their points of how Batman wins against all types of opponets. They neglect to include that since it is a "Batman comic/book" that of course Batman will win just as Spidy always wins in his comics/books.

Also Spidy isn't a Billionare like Bats is so that is why Spidy never had a chance to go to the best schools like Bats did, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have done just as well as Bats. In fact since Spidy had to go to just normal schools without special tutors or teachers (like Bat had) makes Spidy ulitmatly better for accomplishing as much as he did without Billions at his disposale.

Additionaly Spidy has defeated plenty of Stronger (physically) opponets such as Venom, Carnage, Juggernaught, ect... and won through intelligent tactical desisions like Batman. Spidy has also fought super villian Geniuses such as Doctor Doom (who uses Gadgets like Bats and went to the best schools like Bats), Kingpin (not a genius but smart tacticfully), Green Goblin (who has many gadget like Bats), ect... and won all of those fights as well.

Spidy has also proven his own ability to make gadgets or chemicals to help win fights when he actually has access to the assets needed to create them such as when working with Fantastic Four equipment ect... showing if Spidy was a billionaire he would have had many gadgets like Bats as well.
In fact in one Spidy Comic it did some parallel universe thing to show that had Flash Thompson Gottan Spidy's powers instead of Peter, that Peter would have made a Spider suite (similar to Doc Oct's mettal arm suit) to defeat and remove the Spidy power from Flash showing that even as a normal human he would be able to create weapons and use his smarts to win.

Finally Spidy has fought super cosmic powered Villians (much tougher than Predators) and beat them in the end too using just his intelligence.

Spidy is know as a boy genius where Bats was more of a normal person who has billions of dollars + needed years of trainging before becoming a successful hero (as proven in a Batman comic which says Batman tried fighting crime before finishing his training, as in his early 20's I belive, and just nearly got himself killed instead) Spidy started fighting crime pertty much as soon as he got his powers and would win.

So to re-enforce my First statement the winner really depend on if it's a Batman comic vs Spiderman or a Spiderman comic vs Batman. Also Spiderman is greater in physical power (reflexes, strength, agility, speed, endurance, ect...) and if you want to compare intelligence they are equal (there are just as many instances in which Spidy uses tactics to defeat his opponets as Bats does) so the battle ultimanly means Spidy should win or luck will determine the out come.

Eidolon
I forgot to add that Spidy Also Beat Kraven the Hunter and Kraven's son (who was even better than his father) and both Kraven the Hunter and his son were rich people who got the best training and schooling for years since a young age + they had a potion to even further enhance their physical capibilities + gadgets like Batman's, and both of them lost to Spidy do to Spidy better tactical fighting styles.

Just to show again in Spidy Comics no matter how tough the opponent Spidy wins, just like in Batman comics Batman wins no matter how tough the opponet.

batmanrules
this fight really can go either way, both appoents are great fighters, and i respect them both alot. i only think that if i wrothe this comic it would be batman winning. but spiderman still isnt just going to lose hands down. i think that they are both very equil in some ways and different in other ways. and just so u know this isnt spiderman vs the bruce wayne before he was trained its spiderman vs batman, just saying.

Eidolon
Yeah I know and agree that both are great fighters/heros, and would have a very close match. Overall I respect Batman as a hero more since he has no enhancements, and isn't a genuis (as in not Mr. Fantastic 4 genuis or Tony Stark aka Iron man genuis) but rather an above average intelligent guy fighting crime with nothing but guts, brains, and training.

I was just pointing out that Batman wasn't successful (ready) till around his late 20's or so. Spidy however started fighting right away and was winning while doing school and a job at the same time with no time to train or hone his skills really like Batman did.

This is just to point out that Batman has needed time and money to become as great as he is (which is very great) however Spidy is as good as he is cause he has proven the ability to adapt and win with less resources which in my opinion would go to show that in a drawn out fight Spidy would adapt faster and win.

Of course I'm more of a Spidy fan too.

ragesRemorse
Who ever say's batman isnt a superhero. STAND HERE so thou can be slapped. Batman is a superhero. NO doubt about that. Anyone who tried and debate that. Doesnt know to much about comics. Batman is a hero because he dedicates his life to protecting the innocent. He is SUPER, because he does things that NO other man can. Batman's quick thinking matches spidey's spider sense easily. His webbing would be usueless due to batmans gadgets. His arm blades can cut steel. So this is considering that spiderman would even be able to catch bat's with his webbing. AGain the only level spiderman beats batman on is superstrength/ Super strngth has never been a major problem for batman in the past.

One more point to prove to you people who claim batman to be anything but a superhero. Batman has fought and beaten venom. He fought and beat THE predator, And the Aliens.Not to mention the bag full of other super villians that he has beaton. If the predator ever fought spiderman, Predator would make spidey look like an action figure rag doll. Batman stood toe to toe with superman. NAME an ordinary man that can do all of this besides batman.

batmanrules
nice way of putting it.

Jason420
Spider-man would DOMINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

mailedbypostman
try looking at the above 2 posts.Speaking of whic i don't know batman that well.Who did he beat besides those guys.Give me a general idea please.

Eidolon
Hey Rages of course Batman beat a Predator, and many other villians it's his comic or book so of course he'll win, just like Spidy always wins in his comics/books.

I'd just like to point out however that all your boasts of Batman being way superior have absolutly no logical backing. You say he's faster, more agile, better endurance, quicker reflexes, ect... then Spidy but how can you say that with no way to measure that against Spidy?

As far as I know there is nothing saying Batman's reaction time is 50 meteres per second and Spidy's is only 40 meters per second, or anything else to that degree. All you can say to prove Batman is faster, more agile, ect... is to say "in this comic/book he doged this and that so on and so forth." However for evey time Batman has dodged a bullet so has Spidy. Every time Batman has lured an opponet into a fighting style unfimilar to his oppontet so has Spidy.

Face it The only thing that can be proven in a comparsion between the two is that Spidy is stronger cause he's lifted cars before and Bats hasn't.

You can say Spidy couldn't hit Batman and Batman could find a way to easily cut Spidy's webbing, but you have no proof, which means Spidy fans can just as justifiably say Batman wouldn't be able to hit Sidy either, or Spidy would modify his webbing to be immune to Bat's acids ect...

You can't say Batman is better cause he's gone to the best schools or had the best training cause to be realistic everyone knows that just becaue you went to the best school and graduated top of your class dosen't mean you'll automatically outsmart someone who hasn't.

In the U.S. civil war Abe Lincon was a clumsy militia man where his opponet (Andrew Jackson I think) was a Professional military leader, but Abe Lincon ended up coming up with a better war time leader strategy and end up winning.

So in the end it doesn't matter who Batman has beaten in fights cause Spidy's beating someone of equal or greater power (espacially with superman cause superman really isn't that tough at all). For every time you say Bats used intelligence to win so has Spidy. So if you want to say Batman would win fine your obvioulsy a greater Batman fan and your opinion has legitimacy, however stop saying that Batman will win cause he spent 20 years studying martial arts, and 30 years studying with the best teachers + beat up so and so, cause those have no bearing on a fight with Spidy.

ragesRemorse
Hey man you need to stop twisting my words around. I never said that batman was faster or more agile. I just said that his enlightened state of mind is own kind of supersense, thus being able to withstand spidermans spidey sense. I never said he was stronger or faster. I just pointed out that his abilities would be more than enough to match spiderman's. Which they are. They only thing batman can't match spidey on any level is his super strength. Batman is more of a tactical fighter, manipulating his foe's onto a level where he can trap them or beat them. Batman would force spidey into a planned strategy. This would make bat's agility equall to spidey. I really dont think spidey's webbing would be a factor, except for gliding. I'm sure batman would welcome a first attack, seeing how he is a strategist.

I NEVER said batman is going to win because of the schools he went to. It doesnt mean a damn thing where you get your intelligence from. The fact is that Batman is far more smarter and innovative than peter parker.no matter where he got his education. IN the comic universe intelligence usually always over comes braun any day, atleast in the marvel mainstream. Batman's martial arts are a very relative aspect of this match. Even though batman's physical attacks really mean nothing, it is the calm, clear thinking which effect his agility a great deal. this is all he has gained through a lifetime of mastering the martial arts. Again i always only pointed out facts that would prove batmans, thought process and agility equall to or formitable to spidey.

I was just being sarcastic about the whole predator, and venom points, but since you want to comment on that, i will reply. You say of course he won because it's his comic. OBVIOUSLY. But let me ask you. WHY read any comics? We know superman, spiderman, batman, and the x-men are always going to win, of course there may be sacrifices, but they are always going to win. I only commented on the villians he beat because someone else pointed out the types of characters that batman HASNT beaton. I had to show everyone that bat's has fought villians just as strong if not stronger. Your logic says as long as its under the heros title, batman could beat anyone, along with spiderman

ragesRemorse
My proof that batman could easily tear through spidey's webbing is years and years of reading comics. This entire discussion is based only on opinion,and point of view. There is NO PROOF that any one can offer. Only in character;s abilities and traits. Batman's side blades slice through steel. They are made of a revolutionary metal he designed himself. I believe it was commented to be 50 times stronger than the strongest Katana blade.Katana blades are the sharpest swords in the world. Bat's also has his battarangs, and his many different types of battarangs. If a sword can cut through spidey's webbing then batman would have NO problem slicing through. So dont say theres no proof. I'm doing nothing more than cross examining my knowledge of both comics. Of course spidey uses intelligence t

o win, just not on as grand and elaborate measures that batman has. I know your trying to point out realistic facts on why these two can't be measured in a ficticous battle. but It is merley for fun, and any time realism is introduced into a comic book you are no longer within the comic realm of marvel or D.C you have broke through to a different comic company. You just have to use the knowledge you have from the comics that you have read. I have read plenty of both. I really think this is a very even match, so i stick up for batman when every one says its one sided, because it surley isnt, it goes both ways. It only comes down to spidey's super strength and how he uses it, and how batman works around it, as i said before

Eidolon
Hey sorry if you think I'm twisting your words around, it's not my intention. I've just been typing down my response to what I seem to draw as conclusions from your arguments.

For Example you said:

****Batman Is far more intelligent than peter parker. The intelligence that bruce holds, makes parker seem like a retard who just got done huffing on a car muffler trying to figure out chinese algerbra.****

What I thought you were saying was that Batman knows abunch of stuff (from going to the best schools ect...) and there for he is smarter than Spidy cause Spidy doesn't know that stuff. However intelligence can't be based soley on what you know. For example say me and you knew exactly the same stuff and then I was taught another language or something and you weren't. Just cause I now know another language doesn't mean I'm smarter than you. Yeah I may have more advantages cause of my greater knowledge (which I think is the real point your driving at) but I can't be classified as smarter.

To go on with that point say you were eventually taught the same language, but learned it (and everything else) 3 times faster than me and can apply your knowledg better than me, then you could logically say you are smarter than me.

To get back to your quote I put in, you can't say Bats is smarter unless you can list what he knows Spidy doesn't, how he uses what he knows better than Spidy uses what he knows, and prove that Bats adapts to knew things faster and more efficiently that Spidy. Now don't get the wrong idea that I'm saying Bats is or isn't smarter than Spidy I'm just saying that don't say something is a fact without proof (and saying you've cross referenced comics isn't proof you need to actually post the proof).

You also said:

****Any one who reads comics knows that bat's is of the smartest hero's or villans.****

Which again you seem to be stateing something as a fact with no actually factual evidence.

However I would like to really apoligize to mis-interpiting you when you said Spidy's only advantage was Super strength. I had thought you actually meant Bats was phycially equal or superior in speed, endurance, ability, ect... when you meant (I think) that Bats stragety would make those inconsiquently or neutralize those advantages.

Also I sorry if if seems like I'm nit picking your every sentence to find flaws in how you write something (cause I really don't thinkg you meant for any of it to come off as it did to me), it's just something I do when I argue with people to help my case. Which I might add I'm told I like to argue (and do but friendly) for fun hence typing on a form arguing one point or another. Also if I come of as hostile in how I type I don't mean that either.

And for the record I'd like to say that I think Spidy's webbing still has a high use ability as an offensive/defensive weapon. bat's may be able to cut it, but cutting it means taking time out from doing other attacks. And if totally covered with webbing Bats would have to slow down to remove all of it or leave some of it on which would hinder his movements slowing him down enough for one fatal blow. If were talking about the Spidy how use to be the Scarlet Spider (the real Spidy) but became Spidy again (yes it's confusing) compact webbing would be especially effective for slowing down Bats.

Of course my bases (which I have no proof right here for either) for Spidy to be able to actually hit Bats with his webbing is that I'm sure in some Batman comic somewhere Bats has been tied up, lassoed, or tied up temporaily in Cat women's whip perhaps, proving that in a Spidy Batman fight I'm sure Spidy would be able to hit bats with webbing in some form during the fight.

batmanrules
i dont think that remorse meant the whole intellegence thing from the collages and stuff in that way. instead i think that what he meant was how batman always uses his intellagence to form many alternate statagies. when batman is fighting an enemy he comes up with a whole wack of ideas to defeat his apponent and then uses these ideas one by one. his thinking capacity and knowlage about how to defeat an apponent, isnt that what u meant?

Eidolon
Yeah I'm pertty sure what you (batmanrules) just said:

****batman always uses his intellagence to form many alternate statagies. when batman is fighting an enemy he comes up with a whole wack of ideas to defeat his apponent****ect...

was what Remorse was meaning. However the way he wrote it said something totally different (at least to me). It's not an exact quote of one of Rageremorses post but he said something to the degree of

"Batman has so much knowledge that Spidy is stupid in comparison", and "Anyone who reads comics know Batman is the smartes Hero of them all"

Which has a much different meaning than Batman always fights by devising a startegy to concentrate attacks on his opponets weak spots and ensure little or no damage is delt to himself.

I'm not the best writer so I hope what I'm trying to say is getting through correctly. I mean have any of you ever taken a course (or spent some time in class) in Middle or High school on logical reading. Basically teaching people to read things in newspapers ect... and pick up only the facts being said and/or the lack of evidence or reasoning behind the writer's "facts"

What I've been doing is just reading Rage's posts and anaylising what he says and what each word means as opposed to what he means.

I'm pertty sure I know what he's trying to get across, but to me he's not getting his point across without saing something "IS" **such as Batman/Spidy is the ect...** when it technically it's......oh never mind I don't think I'm making much sense.

ragesRemorse
How can you ask for proof in a debate that requires no proof? I wasnt trying to say that spidey was stupid when compared to batman's intelligence, just inferior. Here is solid proof. In the marvel/Dc encyclopedia. Batman is listed with a 9 for intelligence. a ten is telepathy. Spidey holds a 7. I hate using marvel or dc encyclopedia's for proof, but you asked for solid proof. Short of these two actually fighting that is the only proof that can be aquired.

I was basing my facts on the difference between the two superhero's , and there inventions,concentration, focus, technique, and use of surroundings. Spiderman's great abilities were aquired through chance. He basically just woke up one day, and had super powers allowing him to glide through the air.His super strength allowed him not focus on fighting technique, or atleast give him margain for error. Dont get me wrong, i a aware that through time he realized he needed to find a technique and mastered his abilities. Parker is of course a brilliant chemist, however batman is just as knowledgeable in chemistry. Spidey diddnt creat his weebing, only adapted it. He uses his scientist friends when he needs help in the intellectual area. Spiderman relies on many people to help him in his battles.

Batman. Relies on himself. in the comics he does the repairs to all of his vehicles, and weapons himself like the batmobile, a fusion powered jet. Not to mention his discovery into nano technology. It would take the worlds brightest minds together with about 20 years to invent some of the things batman has. Batman is knowledgable in every aspect of education.Bruce wayne wasnt taught all this knowledge through the schools he went to. Most of what he has learned was self exploration and study. The same with martial arts, his teacher died when bruce was just a black belt in hap kido. All the other arts he has mastered was on his own accord, with no instruction. Bruce studied human anatomy cross studied with ancient chinese martial arts so he would find the most crucial and deadly of pressure points on the body.Bruce also studied psychology with the goal of being able to take on his opponents state of mind. this is what makes him such a great detective,

ragesRemorse
Parker is a great chemist, aside of that. He doesnt know jack when it comes to advanced weaponry, rocket science, human anatomy, fighting techniques, law enforcment, psychology in all it's forms, tactical engagement.

Before anyone busts a *** and says"well spidey is fluent in many fighting techniques" Parker mirrored most of his fighting techniques from a comic book he grew up reading. Parker gains his knowledge from expierence. Bruce aquires it with vigerous studying, and also expierence.

Theses are all facts from my history of growing up and reading both hero's. So yes my cross examination of the two comics do hold facts. Atleast in this case of comparing thier intellectual abilities. Spidey may be faster and stronger, but batman has expierence.,and top physical human ability that allows him to match spidey's feirce agility. I'm not saying that batman is on the same level of spiderman's speed, just able to offer enough to the table to make the speed aspect equal, spidey's speed could eventually be an aspect to batman's demise, but it would take great calculation of his abilities. Now that intelligence has been proven to be one sided, and speed has been touched, all that is left now is strength. BATMAN has a very very good chance of winning

SpindelStrike
just wondering.. im not really sure of this but didnt batman have other people build all his equipment? he didnt build all his gadgets and vechicles buy himself

SpindelStrike
well that can't be true because everyone who trained him and everyone he learned from can obviously do those things either.

Hegemon875
Yes they can do what they taught him but he's learned from hundreds of people so he knows and can do more than any ONE of those people.

SpindelStrike
well isn't it also true that batman is the 3rd best martial artist in the world? so obviously those people would be able to do more then him fighting wise no?

berrill
SPIDERMAN RULES!he'd kick ass! Batman is a puney human.he has NO special powers. Id kick his ass myself!

whitedragon
i'm a fan of both but i think that spiderman would kick batmans ass. hi berriall.

berrill
ooooh what wud Batman do?? flap us to death with his cape? SPIDERMAN RULES!!!!

whitedragon
batman is a puney human...........spiders are better than bats anyway.
a film would be cool though.

whitedragon
batman would try to flap us to death or just run around screaming like a pansey girly-boy!!!!!!!!1

berrill
errr hello?? Eidolon have u ever actually read a spiderman comic?? ...... no i didnt think so. Spiderman was a book nerd. he always uses his brains. Spiderman has superstrength he'd only have to punch Batman and that'd probly kill him.END OF DISCUSSION

berrill
YES WHITEDRAGON he would run around like a screaming pansey girly-boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Eidolon
Berrill, yeah I've read Spidy comics...as for your other response I thought I've been saying Spidy does use his intelligence in fights and would only need one good punch to put Bats down (read my earlier posts).

Now back to Ragesremorse, thanks for the proof of Bats having greater overall intelligence, I guess that's setteled. However the intelligence difference isn't that great, and I think your selling super strength or Spidy's greater physical ability too short.

I know that Superior physical ability does not gurantee victory as you've pointed out by both Bats and Spidy beating physically superior opponets, however phycicall power has overcome mental superiority as well. Take the Hulk (old) for example, he was hardly the best tactician or get in your head fighter, but he fought opponents like the leader who specialize in tactics and pyhcological fighting techneqies. Carnage is far dumber than Spidy and yet Spidy required help to defeat Carnage pertty much everytime. The Jackel was a smart pyhcological type fighter and Spidy beat him.

As far as Spidy's fighting styles, I know he doesn't have any training, he does seem to have a natural grace (due to Spidy powers) which make his fighting style enough to beat martial aritist of high degree.

To go back to Bat's winning in his comics, Spidy in his the main reason Bats is alway able to avoid the one blow needed to kill him is cause he's the hero right? But if it were too hero's fighting like in Spidy and Bats, and it was neither of their comics (meaning neither is destine to win cause they're suppos to) it would be a close fight, but in the end I think Spidy would be able to get in the one killer punch due to the fact that he isn't a complete idiot in strategy or pyhcological warefare (he's fought opponents like mysterio ect...) and the fact he's most likly faster and more agilie than Bats. He'd hit Bats at least with one good hit which would kill him or allow for another hit, which would.

I guess it comes down to who you like more and if you believe in greater physical power or mental.

Hey if you got the encyclopedia could you post all the stats for both the hero's? Also I'm assuming it's Older out of highschool and married Spidy (thus more experienced) fighting same age Bats.

Daywalker
Well Spidey can't dodge knockout gas (he's a sucker for that one all the time) and how many times have we seen Spidey get knocked around by bombs?

There's alot of Bat bashing going on in this thread and that's cool after all, it is a Spidey based thread but you know what? love him or hate him, Batman is the man and he doesn't need anyone to tell him.

I like both but Batman has my vote

whitedragon
Happy Dance Hi Eidolon, post me the batman and spider-man stats, if so could you get stats on gambit and hulk. you seem to know everything about the super-hero world.

Sparkz
Happy Dance ok look i know everything there is to know about the webslinging super hero, from 1st impressions and from wot iv seen on tv id say spidey wud win, but the batman comics i havent read (which i wanna start doin at sum point) so it could go either way, but look at the odds:
The super hero with the greater Intelligents, Batman
The super hero with the greater strength, spidey
The super hero with the greater speed, spidey
The super hero with the greater agility, spidey
The super hero with the greater gadgets, batman

So if bats had time to prepare he migth devise a plan to take spidey down, by using some special gas to null the web heads spidey sense like the goblin did to lern his identity, and then set him into a trap, but then spideys got super quick reactions so he could get out of a trap, then bats has his batarangs and throwin gdgets which spidey cud easily dodge even with out his spidey sense, sure he cant dodge explosions but he can use his webbing to contain or weaken sum of the blast but then batman has his knock out gas and i cant count the amount of times spidey has bin knocked out by gas, but he has been known if he was prepared to bring a small gas filter with him or even take a deep breath fast enough but iv only counted 2 comics with him doin tht, and he can contain gas with his webbing.
Then again wots to stopping him from webbing bats utility belt up so he cnt get ne gadgets. Thn he also has his seditive stingers to knock bats unconsious with let alone 1 punchwhen combined with his speed. Id have 2 say spidey wud win but if bats has ne special gadgets in his gloves im unaware of or an actual plausable explanation to defeat these points sum1 let me know. And I want sum1 who reeds batman comics and knows him as well as i know spidey to tell me, insted of these ppl who say there major batman fans when they havent red a single batman comic, well i am in tht catagory but im just asyaing how easy spidey wud win so sum1 show me a gd strtagy where batman cud win.

Daywalker
Ok, Batman's intelligence alone is a lethal weapon. First off, Batman wouldn't try to match Spidey for strength and speed if he knows that he's outmatched in that area. Batman has a wide array of weaponry and if he can't use something to directly attack spidey, he could use something to distract him like let's say a flurry of batarangs coming at him so he doesn't realize that Bats has an electric stun device waiting for him elsewhere. Spidey's spider senses will go off but he may think it's from the batarangs fast approaching his head(Spidey has misread his own spider senses numerous times)

You think Batman is going to chase Spider-Man? Oh no, Batman will be the Spider and Webhead will be the fly in this scenerio.

Sparkz
Happy Dance nice try my boy but not gd enough, his spider sense cnt b fooled unless ur carnage venom or uv dulled it. The only time tht its failed him when its at full strength is when he ignorin it. Sure bats cud try to chase him into the trap but spidey can dodge through the batarangs easily thanks to his speed agility and his spidey sense. And as iv sed b4 wots to stop him from webbing up batmans utility belt huh. Im not saying tht batman cnt beet him but i need an actual stratgy tht wud work not 1 tht i cn cum up with a soloution 4 by just snapping my fingures.

Daywalker
I didn't say his spider senses could be fooled, I said he can misread them.

Off the top of my head, I remember an episode in the cartoon where Parker was about to shake this guy's hand (Hobgoblin out of costume) and his spider senses went off but he had no idea why. Then Fisk comes up to him and he assumes that the Kingpin set his senses off when it was actually the Hobgoblin. Peter's human side can sometimes lead him astray and Batman would capitalize on that so my story still stands cool

I like Spidey too but that's my scenerio.

SpindelStrike
Actaully Spidey can NEVER misread his spider sense my friend. In the 90's cartoon they just made it where Peter's spider sense would go off from any danger but he wouldn't know what was causing it. But Peter's spider sense always let's him know where the danger is coming from. It doesn't tell him what the danger specifically is but it let's him know where it's coming from and if it's immediate danger since his reflexes are faster than his mind he automatically moves out of harm's way. So Batman would have a hard time trying to lead Peter into a trap and trying to throw his little cute gadgets at him. big grin

Daywalker
confused Ok, we'll play by comic book rules. Batman still has more than his batarangs. He has explosives, lasers, knockout gas, spider repellent Bat spray................. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

But seriously, Batman has many tools to get the job done including that dangerous mind of his.

saucybird007
I like eating burnt penguins, especially when they have got choco sprinkles on them! stick out tongue

saucybird007
^ dont ask messed

burlyman
oh, i bet you do stick out tongue

Eidolon
Hey Whitedragon thanks for the compliment but I don't know that much about super heros. As for the stats your asking the wrong guy RagesRemorse has a book with all the super hero stats so you'll have to ask him. Which by the way Rages? if your still doing this topic would you post Spidy's and Bats stats I'd like to see them thanks.

batmanrules
hey did u ever read a batman comic, i believe that batman has many healing techniques to recover from a very powerfull blow from spidy in a manner of seconds. and what do u mean by the smarts. spiderman is smart but he is nothing compared to bruce wayne, bruce is about, id say 450 x smarter then spidy. there are many ppl that can match wits with spidy but the only person who can match wits with batman is probably steven haucking(sp) and dont think that batman doesnt use his brains in fight. hes probably the most tactical supehero in the dc or marval universe, i have alot to say about batmans intellagence but perhaps if u maybe read this tread a bit more u will get the idea

Eidolon
Batman is tough but to be realistic he wouldn't be able to survive a direct ful powered punch by Spidy. Being able to heal in a few seconds is good, but you have to be able to survive the attack to heal at all.

ragesRemorse
spindlestrike- spidey has had many problems with his spidersense. HE can indeed mis understand his spider sense. It has happend many times in the comics. In fact DOC OCK has used spideys spider sense against him several times. One time he lured spidey into a building wired with bombs. His spider sense wouldnt stop (trying to warn him of the bombs) which allowed OCK to beat the living Shit out of him. Parker diddnt know what to expect. There have even been times where parkers spidey sense was non existent, and sometimes would go off when no danger was apparent. owever parker has been able to atune his spidey sense to higher levels with practice and expierence. There are though still ways to use that ability against him.

Eidion i have those encyclopedia stats i'll post them in a bit.

Eidolon
Thanks Rages that'll be great

Daywalker
Thanks for that spider sense info Rages, I knew i wasn't imagining that.

batmanrules
okay, im pretty sure he would but if hes not then he would just think of it as another kind of bullet, he would probably notice spidermans strength and he would know that he has to avoid it, besides spiderman cant survive a batarang logged into his head (god forbid these superheros kill) and im sure batman knows of the pressure points on a persons body that could kill someone.

Eidolon
True but don't discount Spidy's ability to dodge either. Bats may know where to hit Spidy but I'll bet it'd be pertty hard to hit those pressure spots on Spidy while he's up and moving. Bats scoring a killing or disabling hit on Spidy in a open fight would have to be pertty low I'm sure given Spidy's speed and Spider senses (faulty though they may be). In a Suprise ambush though Bats would have a better chance.

Mr Parker
I doubt that he defeated him without kryptonite though.

Mr Parker
Spidey wins easily,no contest.these reasons are EXACTLY why spidey wins easily.and I'm not just saying this because spidey is my favorite hero-thats obvious from my user name,bats is just an ordinay human being,he wont stand a prayer in the world.I'm not saying this just because spidey is my favorite hero,after all I dont think spidey would stand a chance in a fight with Rogue from X men like a lot of others I know that have picked spidey to win against her,its just realistically,rogue is a lot stronger and has the power of flight which is why I dont see spidey having a chance with her,but with bats,he wins easily because of the reaons gambit88 mentioned.

Mr Parker
exactly,thats why Batman does not have a prayer against spidey.

Daywalker
I think you believe in Spidey too much and know nothing about Batman to say the things you do.

Get over the strength/agility angle. Batman's mind alone would crush the little spider. Overconfidence can be a heroe's downfall.

Daywalker
He defeated him by finding his weakness and the same would happen to Spidey

Mr Parker
errrr no,actually I am a lot more objective about spidey being in a fight with another super hero than most spidey fans are I have discovered over time, because if you read my earlier post,I said that I dont think spidey would be able to handle Rogue from Xmen in a fight where I know many spidey fans who believe in him way too much and arent objective when talking about that because many of them always pick spidey.Peter parker is brilliant as well and has used his smarts many times to beat villains a lot stronger than him in his fights as spidey.

Zephonim
That's a majot thing about Spidey. He isn't overconfident, in fact he is always doubting himself. And Batman's mind is amazing, but very rarely does he actually use it while fighting. He is amazingly smart, but in a real fight it is only reflected in his gadgets. Spidey all the way.

batmanrules
im really tired of this tread, so im just going to say some stuff and probably get out of the spidy fans way. this fight will go either way, but im sticking to the bat. to all those think that spidy would win right away, i say that batman isnt at all what u think he is. powers is a factor that batman knows and knows that he has to deal with them. thats why hes a superhero. if he wasnt able to deal with powers then he wouldnt be a superhero and be risking his life every day. he knows how to deal with superstrength. he would know that spidy has superstrength and would remember that he cant rely on that factor to help him win, instead he would come up with alternative stratagies that dont involve him using strength. in gadgets batman would come out ontop ofcourse. and to those that thing that spidermans agility and speed would beet batman, i think that u are wrong. spidermans agility and speed are only enhanced, its not like he can stop time. im pretty sure that all the combat skills in the world would have theyre way. if u think about it, spiderman was never properly trained, batman was. and intellagence which i think is the most important. batman is just way to smart for spiderman, hes smarter then spiderman in every way. be it machanics chemastry matamatics, science, u name it. this intellegence would prove very useful against spiderman. to have gadgets for the job or a quick glance at the room to measure and study the surronings to come as an advantage. this is all im going to say for the rest of my thoughts, im going to leave u guys to sort it out amongst your selves.

Daywalker
Batman doesn't think while he fights??? WOW! that just told me alot about how much you know Batman. At least i'm familiar with both characters and not just one.

Trust me, Batman is always thinking even when least expect it. He doesn't have to be sitting in front of the batcomputer to think things out roll eyes (sarcastic)

Daywalker
Well I think Spidey can outsmart Rogue but I still say Batman would defeat Spidey much in the same way spidey defeats stronger villains that he has fought. It's not a one way street

ragesRemorse
yeah batman would whoop spidey's ass. When the fight was over and spidey is broken,battered, and bloody on the ground. Peter parker will have only one thought " oh that's how your supposed to fight"

Bat taser, batarangs, the bat blade, side blades, bat bomb's, gas bombs,chemicals,poisons, batmobile, bat jet,diverse martial arts training(master), Police detective training, human anatomy awarness, Ancient war tactics knowledge. Advanced strategic fighting, able to glide with Grappling hook, Near super human strength, and agility,Advanced knowledge in all educational area's, master chemist, master in theology, and psychology. with superb overwhelming intelligence. and much much more. VS

able to glide with Webbing, superhuman strength, and agility, gracefull fighting, spidey sense, strategic fighting, basic higher intelligence,

Though these hero's have many more abilities, i have only included one's that would hold weight in a battle between the two. It seems it would be impossible to say that this fight is not evenly matched. So it comes down to who you like more. oh yeah BATMAN would kick his ass

Eidolon
Maby to give this thread some new thoughts we should name some if the conditions in which the fight occurs. Example are they both told/know they're going to have a fight to the death with eachother or do they just run into eachother. Do they fight out in the open of a city or do they fight in a building or someplace else. What info does each posses of the other ect...

Mr Parker
Thanks for posting this photo.That is one bad ass photo.

Mr Parker
All of that would do Bats no good if spidey evaded all of Bats tricks and gadgets through his spider agility and super speed he has.Remember spidey has such super speed,he can dodge machine gun fire.Once spidey dodges all of those gimmicks of Bats and gets within a couple of feet of bats,Bats gets Kay o'd by a punch from spidey and wakes up hours later unconscious from the punch.You got to remember,Peter Parker is intelligent also,He was always the top head in his class in science and his top professors would tell him in all the years they taught sceince,they never came across anybody quite as remarkedly intelligent as Peter is.Like somebody else mentioned earlier,Spidey never underestimates his opponents or takes them lightly.Well this is my last post on the topic.I'll just let everybody else work it out from here amongst themselves also.Uh near super human strength? Uh Batman is just an ordinary Human being with ordinary strength.Bats would beat Captain America and Daredevil because of the reasons you mentioned,but I'm sorry he has no prayer against spidey.

Daywalker
No problem, I like to share when I find good pics

Daywalker
Ok, people are making as if Spidey has never been taken down by a piece of technology. Spidey is still human/flawed and can be distracted. People also make like Batman is just going to stand in one place and throw batarangs at Spidey..................PUH-LEEZE!!!!!!! Batman has technology that the world hasn't even seen yet.

Batman doesn't have near superhuman strength infact, I wouldn't want him to. the correct term is that he is a peak human athelete.

Zephonim
Okay, SPider-Man has taken down people who move much faster and are much stronger than Batman. Granted Batman has done the same, but I don't think to the same degree. I could be wrong, but Batman hasn't really fought as many superpowered badguys as Spider-Man (i.e. Doc Ock, The Lizard, Venom, Carnage, two different Green Goblins, The Rhino, Kraven the Hunter (who I think is about the same level as Batman, even more when he drink the potion)). Batman would have a few edges, but I don't think they would matter. He may be extremly well trained in fighting, but that won't make a difference if he can't touch him. It would be a good fight, but I still have to give it to Spidey in the long run. (Also, neither of the characters would have seen each other before, so they wouldn't know what each other was capable of).

Eidolon
In response to Daywalker, true Spidy's been taken down by Tech before, but you have to recall that Bat's tech has also failed him, and he's been hit by lesser intelligent opponets, and slower opponets than Spidy. He has also had his stuff taken from him and ambushed, so while Bat's won't just be standing there throwing weapons at Spidy don't make the mistake of saying that Batman will always have the tech to neutralize Spidy, that'll always work, that Bat's will be doing the only tactical thinking, and that he won't be hit by Spidy.

Also as Zephonim above mentioned (and I in a earlier post) Spidy has fought Kraven the Hunter and Kraven's son (a better fighter than his father) both of which have many of the characteristics of Batman in top of the line athletics (probably more with their potion), the best world wide training, good personal training, only fighting with a stategy, and lots of high tech gadgets. Both lost to Spidy on just about every engadement in hard fought close battles.

Daywalker
Oh no, that's not what I was saying. I only wanted to point out how everyone thinks Bats is just a gadget man tossing batarangs. I just wanted to make it clear that this is not the case nor does he use his weaponry as a crutch.

You have to think, Bruce has the kind of money that Tony Stark has (maybe alittle less) so why doesn't he make an armor suit too or be like Lex Luthor only a good guy. The answer is that he doesn't have to.

It's true that Spiderman has more physically powerful vallains than Batman has but Batman has fought hif fair share whether they were from his own rogues gallery or someone elses. Bats and Spidey come from two different elements. Aside from making web fluid and being a science whiz, Spiderman is more of a physical hero but Batman in my opinion, is more well rounded from the hero aspect because his villains test his mental and physical abilities equally. What am I saying? The fight I see will not be as physical as you'd want to believe and it may even bore you. Also, Batman is a very quick study of his opponent. In another crossover, he knew that Daredevil relied more on his other senses and not sight.

I respect both as heroes but I still choose Batman

Eidolon
Fair enough. I was just trying to point out that Spidy doesn't alway dodge attacks and Batman doesn't always have the perfect strategy or weapons.

Zephonim
Batman is by far, in my opinion, the second best hero out there. Spider-Man has always been my favorite with Batman at a close second. Others are miles below them, but I am a Spider-Man fan.
Batman is the perfect definition of badass. He has no powers, but he still kicks ass. He is incredibly smart in fighting and all kinds of other things, but over the years Spider-Man has gotten plenty of experience in fighting. He may not have started with it, and he may not have as much training as Batman, but he has his fair share.
Again, Batman = badass, but I think Spidey just has too much speed, agility, and strength for Batman to overcome.

Daywalker
Yeah, both heroes are far from perfect. I actually like Batman for his human flaws and I know Spidey has his own issues as well.

Daywalker
As a Spider-Man fan, I can respect your views and i'm glad you think highly of Batman as well but I think I may be your polar opposite here. I think Spiderman is great, how couldn't I? I loved him and his amazing friends, comics etc. Spidey is an awesome hero but Batman is my #1 for reasons you mentioned above and more.

Sure Batman's not going to out run or out power Spidey but he has confronted much worse in an enemy besides speed and power. Not saying Batman will come out of the fight without a scratch but I think his lethal mind makes up for other areas he's lacking in.

the_hulk_79
juggernaut, the hulk ,x-men, spiderman, superman, batman and daredevil vs aliens from outer space and the super heros have to save the would or a giant crater was coming towards the earth and they had to stop! that would be a good film. if u think so e mail me [email protected]

Scythe
I have a comic where they fought.

Sparkz
soz i aint bin on so long but i cudnt get my password to wrk for like the past 2 months neway y does every1 keep puttin spidey's intelligents dwn if u read the all of the realy early comics tht were in the 1960's u cn c tht spidey was always makin 1 time gadgets to thwart his enemys, im not sayin he's smarter thn bats cause well bats has him beet but he still is inteligent and cums up with stratgey's batman isnt the only one u no. Besides sumtimes super heros dnt bother cumin up with stratgeys. 1 ting i keep 4getin to mention wots to say spidey cnt just web up bats utility belt or web im to a wall, batman mayb at peek human athleet but he cnt dodge a speedin webline. Happy Dance

Daywalker
Pete's a bright kid but his mind simply pales in comparison to the Bat's. BTW, Spidey is the one that's quick, not his weblines. I'm sure his webs are no quicker than a good bat grapple.

DarkCrawler
SEVERAL FORMS? Batman is worlds third best martial artist in comic, you know...

Domination
I've read a lot of what you guys had to say,but the one I found making the most sense was this post,not that it isn't debatable,however.

The brains part I can give you.I have no doubt that Batman has proven to be the most intelligent of the pair,but this doesn't put Peter in the sub class neither.A lot of you people,esspecially the person pointing out that Peter only went to one school while Bruce had gone through several, therefore making him at a retards' level,are quite wrong.Not only is Peter considered to be a genius in his school,but he's considered a wide genius as well.If you read Amazing Spider-Man #28,you'd notice that he's had the highest grade point average in schools' history.He's also a detective,not as good as Batman but a detective never the less.He has also use wits and strategy to overcome various odds.Which comes to show you that his fighting technique does not just consist of brute strenght.He's a thinker just as much a Batman,but he doesn't think as often as Batman due to his spider abilities.Does this mean Batman can reverse the odds?Not necessarily.Batman's weapon is his brain -- not his gadgets.This doesn't mean he's a psychic,though.To outwit Spider-Man you first have to figure out the fact that he functions with a second assistance.This assistance can either be his spider-sense,his willpower,or and his durable side.Meaning,even if Batman some how figured out a way to catch Spider-Man (even without the likes of him knowing about the spider-sense), will it be enough to hurt him?If so,would it be effective enough to cancel out the "driven" side of the character?If you think this doesn't matter,then you oughta read a little more about the character.Even under the most pain or immpossible circumstances,the character is known to will himself to go on.With Batman,this is of no option.His body can only take so much before it finally gives in.A single punch could render the fighter unconcious.

Point is,Spider-Man is very,very stubborn.This more than makes up for him not having Batman's intelligence.His odds clearly overwhelm that of Batmans'.

batmanrules
i know that i said i would leave this tread for good but im sorry i just need to make a come back here. u mentioned batman gives in. no deffinetly not. batman is the most stubborn superhero i know even over spidy. hes always going to push himself far past limits to get the job done. alfread always is lecturring him on how he has to rest eat blah blah. but batman always pushes himself further. nomatter how sick or tired. the way he does it is crazy. read knightfall and you will get the jest of it, when he got no sleep for atleast 8 days and then had a broken back but still kicked a few asses around. and if your not willing to read it, atleast watch justice league. in an episoid i remember all the men of earth growing sick and stuff but that didnt stop batman from saving a bus load of ppl. this is in a way batmans superpower, being the last superhero to give in.

Domination
I never said he wasn't a striver.He is if he's willing to fight crime without any superpowers.What I mean is his body taking a minimum of strain to that of Spider-Man's body.What I'm trying to say is Spider-Man could possibly take one of Batman's best shots and continue coming after him -- rather that be a gadget or a just a contact blow inparticular.Batman,is not suited to take Peter's best shot otherwise you'd find him lying next to Robin.My words are not meant to dumb-down the Bat.He is just not suited for such a fight unless he has a plan on hand.

batmanrules
fair enough, but a guy like batman would notice spidermans superstrength (if a suprise fight) and remember to watch out for it. the fight can go something like batman dodging a first punch which spidy brakes some huge iron pole and batman would keep in mind to watch out for those punches. but even if this is a fight to the death batman has more then enough toys that could help spidys head keep rolling on the ground.

Domination
There is more to Spider-Man than superhuman strenght.I don't really get how you believe this is his only advantage.Yes,I do believe Batman has had his own share of power hitters before,but neither of these fighters have the same weakness as Parker.Adapting to Peter's strenght is only about 15% of his worries.He has to cope with his speed,agility,reflexes,spider-sense,brains,webs,determination,durability,etc. etc. etc. Now,one may argue that Batman is capable of figuring out the spider-sense,which I have no problem with.But,if you believe he's capable of figuring this out in a brief or first hand confrontation (maybe even a second one),you are seriously mistaking.Although Batman may be intelligent,he is no psychic.

You mentioned something about Batman staying on the defensive angle to avoid being tagged with a fierce blow.Your analogy makes a great point but also lacks a surface at the same time.Inorder for Batman to stay on defense he'd have to have speed and reaction time near that of the webhead.Frankly,this was something he never obtained through training.Spider-Man's style is also made up of more than just the mere stick and move strategy.The options are teeming.With these odds,Spider-Man is likely to steer clear of the majority of these schemes Batman tries to use against him.

batmanrules
oye, dont make it sound like i dont know anything about spiderman. he use to be my favourit until i got more into batman. im not saying his powers is all that is to him. im pointing out batmans advantages against his powers. i know just as much about spiderman as i do to batman. but the reasons i only point out spidys strength is that, thats the only advantage he has over batman, and when your up against a guy like batman the strength has no hold, what so ever over batman. but i wouldnt know maybe spidy will put strength to good use. i just think that they should make a marvel and a dc version of a fight. spidy looses against batman in marvel and batman loses in dc. but i just think that if this was a reality thing and it had nothing to do with the fans and sales, batman would win. cuz really if one character wins the fans will be all pissed off and perhaps stop reading it. its happened before.

batmanrules
dude its happened before. it takes him less then 5 seconds to notice these things. " 2 bulets shot, take him down when he reloads" " bump on that ones chest area, possibly concealing a weapon." " lifting 80 pounders, strong, take him down using kritsu- jitsu" he notices all these kinds of things, and im sure he will notice spidys strength, quick enough before saying, " ill just get myself punched and find out weather he has superstrength or not".

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>