KotOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
KOTOR RULES!!!! I know that if anyone has played the game they've probably already beaten it, but if anyone has a question about it, just ask the Darth. evil face

SilverFighter

eleveninches
I havn't played it yet. Does the game actually include any characters from the original comic book series. Characters from the comics include exar kun& ulic qul droma

MasterWizard
I didn't find anyone with those names on my run through the game.

eleveninches
Were any of the locations based on Onderon?

shangheid
no i dont think so ive almost beat it (er... kinda close) im on korriban heh i killed saul and carth didnt HAHA

Darth Revan
Saul... Damn I haven't played it in so long I can't remember who Saul is... Is that Carth's son?'

eleveninches--all of the planets except Taris and Manaan we have already seen in movies or EU stuff. It mentions Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma, but only briefly. The game takes place thirty years or so after the Sith wars with Kun and Qel-Droma.

gambit88
i have it but maybe someone can help me with a problem: alright I have Windows XP and it says i fail the specifacations in two areas one is

video: I have a Intel(R)82845G/GL Graphics Controller 64MB
failed:graphics required 32MB Open GL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP3D hardware accelerator with hardware transform and lighting capability required

then the other is

OpenGL: i have 1.3.0-Build 4.13.01.3119
required:Non-windows generic OpenGL 1.4.0 drivers

now i don't understand anything about computers so that was just what it says the last thing though is i can beat tarris and all but it won't let me go to dantooine right after i beat the turret crap

Darth Revan
I think it means you need a new video card... messed Your current one can't handle the graphics on the game. I don't know what the requirements are since I have it for X-box...

Raventheonly
KOTOR takes place ten thousand years before episode 1

shangheid
Yah and saul is carths mentor that turns to the sith takes for ever to talk him into tellin u tho...

Darth Revan
Oh that's right... Yeah Carth is an idiot he pisses me off

Raven--->I know, which is about 30 years after the conflict between Exar Kun and the Republic.

Raventheonly
lol i'm not much of an indepth fan to know that so i bow my head in honor...

shangheid
carth is a big drama queen but he still is rly good with blastors so i kept him around

Darth Revan
meh screw Carth I just use Canderous or my assassin droid if I need something shot full of holes

gambit88
carth is a good fighter but i didn't like havin him around he got in a fight with everyone with mission he says she's to young with bastila he says she's not a good leader with you he thinks you might be a traitor so i keep bastila and zaalbar around but still I CAN'T GET OFF TARRIS

shangheid
lol dude that sucks i finaly beat it but in the end if u turn to the darkside he is a sissy and runs away...

Raventheonly
yea canderous or the droid assasin get the job done no questions asked..

gambit88
we about died laughin from that too

MISSION RUN!!! laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Raventheonly
LOL ya

shangheid
can n e 1 tell what happens if u turn to the light side (darkside is way better but...) lol i remember that like it was yesterday ahha

Jerico
Is it possible to turn whatshername the Cathar to the dark side if you let her kill that guy? Ive finished it as good n bad and i cant be bothered running thru it again smile

shangheid
dunno

Raventheonly
Lightside you basically destroy the star forge and prove the light side is pwerfuller to malak. They honor you as a hero and are basically dropped unlike your invasion in the darkside alternate.

shangheid
lol that sucks darkside is way better

Raventheonly
And you end up killing the turned your friend turned sith.

shangheid
what..?

xeous
Catwoman won't kill the guy. Don't worry about it...I dominate this game but haven't played it in awhile.

sniper
if ur evil enough, carth runs away, and you can get zalbar to kill the twilek.

shangheid
Sniper FRICKEN AWSOME PICTURE! lol but isnt it hillariouse when carth runs away (zaalbar atked me i guess i didnt persuade him right >&ltwink

shangheid
i likes fighten all the robots at the end

shangheid
i got mad at the end where when your fighten malak and you can kill those jedi guys i went like 20 mins thru him cause i didnt know that

Raventheonly
I like when how you are evil enough to drain them of their life smile the jedi in the jars.

LordRevan
To beat Malik easily is to have force wave to knock him on his a$$ and run and use death field on the captives in the jars but no other force powers will work against him but fighting skills.

shangheid
lol yah i was evil in that and i did use drain life lol so it got easy

Trinity_Matrix
I haven't played KOTOR yet, but now that I've got my own computer...I'm getting it as soon as I can yes

LordRevan
Well trin you'll like it. what side would you use lite or dark?

Trinity_Matrix
Dark, of course evil face

SpikeSpiegel
I got it a while ago, I'm on Tatooine at the moment

shangheid
I HATE TATOOINE lol i like the place with all the sith that place is awsome (cause i was dark)but trin u will LOVE kotor its addictive lol i played it for a v ery very long time

LordRevan
I like Manaan because of the sith you could threaten some of them and now get in any trouble just use force persuade.

shangheid
ugh! i hated mannan cause of all the stupid fish the end was cool with the giant shark guy korriban is my favoret

LordRevan
hay i like Korriban mostly because of the sith.

shangheid
lol yaj me to i got alot of dark side points!

Darth Revan
Korriban was awesome

so was Kashyyyk... it was fun picking fights and killing all the Czerka people

Tptmanno1
I did that on light side too!

Darth Revan
yeah I did too... I played dark first then I felt bad that I killed all the poor video game people and I played light... mostly wink

shangheid
lol i hated light (i only got to tatooine) then gave up...

WindDancer
The only thing I hate about Manaan are the Selkath! Specially those dumb Judges!!! Every time I would present the evidence that annoying Sith kept interrupting me! They shoulda kick that clown outta the trial. Unfortunally Jolee's friend is always found guilty.

theez1
What's the story with the stowaway? I never took her back before Dantooine's fate.
I also killed those creatures, so I have no idea what their purpose was either.

Raventheonly
maan for the creatures...
gotta translate what she says.

theez1
Did the creatures serve a purpose on the ship? I did see them on the last planet out in the wild.

I translated what the girl said. I was supposed to go back to Dantooine to keep investigating, but it was gone before I could get back to it.

I also never went back to Tantooine to find Bastila's mom? What happens there?

Hit"Em"Up
i liked kasshyyk korriban and dantooine.

i liked dantoine because thats were you get the saber crystals.

shangheid
yah dantooine kinda died lol but i herd its on kotor2 but it looks all dark and crap (sounds like my kinda place)

fhs19922000
to get off taris you need to break in the sith base and get the launch codes! you go to the upper city cantina to talk to canderous and he tells you to go to janice nalls droid shop purchase T3-M4 and then switch in your party to the droid he will open the door to the sith base you go in fight your way to the sith governor in the base then you get the launch codes from the sith governor's remains! then you go to javyars cantina in the lower city talk to canderous again and you are off Taris!

Morridini
And why are u telling this? getting of Taris is easy.
And in a thread which has been dead for 6 months!!!

Revan X
i'll say pretty much every one on this thread already knows that very much before you about how to get off taris.

forumcrew
how long did it take everyone ti finish the game.. mine was just under 31 hours

Morridini
First time I used 38 hours.
Second time I used 22 hours.

Demooni
KotOR bored me. It just revolved around the same things through the game, and it just didn't have "the feel" in it. An extremely over-rated game IMO.

hotsauce6548
Mine 2. I hated the combat system. It was like fake real time. I thought u were going to be able to shoot with a button, jump with a buton, and all that other good stuff that usuallycomes in an action game

Revan X
It took me 37 hours the first time the second 20 hours and the third 10

Arachnoidfreak
WTF Why isn't stealth mode working on the Rancor?? How the **** do I get past it?

Arachnoidfreak
Nevermind, I bomed it with like 6 grenades, and then took out the guards

xeous
You have to stick the gernade into a corpse and use the scent, if I remember correctly.(been awhile since I've played KOTOR)

The first time I killed it, I got lucky...I got it stuck somehow and killed it with lazer fire...Took forever.

mosh16137
i got luckey to the first time i used hit and runs w/ grenades an lasers

Lana
I'm bumping this because I'm finally playing it.....it's a great game, I've nearly finished as a lightsider but copied my save so I can replay the end as a darksider big grin

§noopbert
Nice cool

Start from the planet with the Rakata.

Lana
Well duh stick out tongue My save copy is on the roof of the temple, before you talk to Bastila.

§noopbert
Good. Join her, then kill your allies! eek!

Lana
Just finished as a lightsider big grin

I nearly had Malak beat then realized I'd forgotten one Jedi in a jar and had a running race with him to get there first laughing out loud

KidX
laughing It took me a week to figure that out the first time I played. At the time, there were no walkthroughs eek!.

FG725
wow people are posting here again shweet

Hawkeye113
Speaking of Kotor, how do you get recieved saved games to work for this game? Can someone give me detailed step by step instructions on how to perform such an accomplishment?

Morridini
You ask for where to put save game files you get from somewhere else?

On my Vista it is:
CermUsers\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr
am Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\saves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.