SPOILER- Seraph?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fag
embarrasment This question is probably rather stupid (at least when it's answered), but all that "He doesn't have any wings", "Judas" (etc.)-talk about Seraph, what's that all about? Haven't been ably to figure that one out yet(?)

Sifer
Angel.

Evil Dead
He is an angel............just as the Twins are ghosts, Cain and Able are vampires and Cujo is a wherewolf.

His name gives it away....Seraph, as is Seraphim.....one of the choir of angels.

Sifer
Actually Cain and Abel are Werewolves also. Hence the silver bullet needed to delete them.

dave123
a silver bullet would also kill a vampire.... its not as though the bullet would bounce of anyone but a werewolve....

i cant remember who's who, so i'll agree with u stick out tongue

fag
thanks happy

The Omega
Okay! This thread should've had a spoiler heading, as the answer is almost SPELLED out in Revolutions.

Evil Dead
bah..........just like Vlad is a vampire. How's that?

fag
better?

The Omega
Ah, thank you, ***. There are (believe it or not big grin) people who didn't make it to Zero Hour or any showings today.

fag

Evil Dead
really.........my movie theater doesn't sell tickets in advance. You must buy them at the box office the date of show. You can come early and buy tickets for later on in the day......but you can't buy tickets for any other dates.

The Omega
***> (Du milde himmel - Var du inde til Marathonen?)

forumcrew
this has already been discussed atleats twice today too... pleaseeee read the revo threads before u start a new one

The Omega

forumcrew
yea but they need a name.. and its so cool having them be angels and such. smile

The Omega
Forumcrew> Ah, well. In THAT case Seraph is indeed. The sentence about him not having... (waves hands and looks to spoiler heading) is a dead give-away.
But what on EARTH did he he used to do at The Merovingians?
(Looks like there'll be lots of stuff to STILL talk about) smile

forumcrew
same kind of thing maybe? the merv (hheeheh i loved when trin called him Merv) anyway he has lots of hired muscle.. maybe seraph was a body guard.. but realised what the Merv was into didnt like it and started protecting the oracle

The Omega
Oh, yes. We'll probably get a Favourite Revolutions qoute thread soon.
"I don't have time for this shit." Pure gold big grin

No, I mean: What was Seraphs orginal purpose? What did he do, and why was that no longer necessary, so that he chose exile?

dave123
"cookies need love too"

forumcrew
well what was the meros purpose? maybe seraph was a body guard type program... and the mero kept him around when he went rogue? afterall he could beat agents...

Captain REX
The Mero's guardian angel perhaps?

forumcrew
rex the thign we came up with though is angels arnt saposed to be around.. they are programs doing something they arnt saposed to do.. so what was seraphs original purpose? i was thining maybe just a body guard for him then he went rogue to protect the oracle and since hes good now and a protector hes an angel

Captain REX
Hmm, maybe.

forumcrew
too bad its gonna be one of those things well always just have to wonder...

ohhh what if u get to fight seraph on matrix online so u can talk to the oracle.. but like you have to be good enough before u can see her

Captain REX
Another reason to buy Matrix Online... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Omega

pablo007
I made it to zero hour and skipped school

babyboyblue
wasnt seraph referred to as JUDAS because he is considered a traitor by the machines and the programs.

The oracle and seraph work against the architect.

droopy1592
but why was his code all screwy gold.

JediHDM
ok, this is what i think. Seraph, Oracle, Mero, Perse, Archie, all were from original matrix. When they "came here", things changed, Mero and Perse got corrupted, but Seraph stayed pure. hence, gold code.

priestjim
"You are a bastard!"
"You know me mum..."

Korri
wonder what 'Merv' meant by.... "the prodogy child"

dave123
i think/hope we will have a prequal to seraph smile

Korri
im an angel too

DisrupTer911
Seraph didn't protect the oracle...he protects "what matters most" hense whe he is with Saite at the end...not the oracle.

Questions still linger though...

Who/what purpose does/is Merovingian?
Who/what purpose does/is Persephone?
Who/what purpose does/is Saite?

SimplePriest
Jedi, Omega> I feel like crying. If what everyone is saying here is true then I love this movie already. I STILL haven't seen it yet (see it tomorrow at 2000 EST). But if this is ticking off this many people then it says to me that the W bros did not sell out! I never would have thought that they would've. But I feel even better now that I know they didn't, And that it pissed some folks off. The Wachowski's were bold. They told Their story, Their way. And I like that already. Sounds like they wrapped things up in a way that true fans for the most part appreciate. I love that too. Jedi, do you remember that binary 'P' that I made. This movie... no, this trilogy, seems to remind me of that. There is deepness and meaning, but only to those who care to look. Otherwise, it's just another 'P.' In fact, if you don't look for the deepness, then it seems like a sorry excuse at making a 'P' look special. Again, I love that they were determined to stay true to their ideas, and the story they wanted to tell. They didn't promise to make a story that would please the masses. They just promised a story that they believed was great. So when everyone thinks they messed up the ending, or ruined the trilogy, that's just an opinion. The Wachowski's did it Exactly the way they wanted. And if We were to think it sucks, that's just because we wanted to see something else. Not because they did it "wrong." Anyhow, like I said, I have yet to see this one (30 hrs 57 minutes left for me) but I like what they've done already wink

Sifer
Well remember how it can be assumed that the Merovingian is also "Lucifer" (God of the underworld) which would tie in with Hades etc.

Well Lucifer used to be an Angel and was cast down. So I am guessing if we link pieces together from the various ties in myth, legend and certain religious aspects and fit them into Seraph's character, I am certain we can figure out exactly what he really was or did.

Remember, a wingless angel is mortal.

Superman5452
Um silver bullets don't kill vampires, there immortal.

TheOne101
i thought cujo was a dog? a really problemed dog.?

droopy1592
That's what I always thought of Seraph, to be some kind of firewall. He has more direction and less ego and emotion than all others, hence his pureness and gold color, like it was said, and he firey look, which would complete the metaphor of him being a firewall... since he does protect.

sum1butno1
It's a reference to the Bible. There was a parable about a boy who left his father and wasted his inheritance, but he realized he messed up so he came crawling back to his dad for help. In this sense, Merv(he's the father from the story) realizes that Seraph needs his help so he's rubbing it in. However, in the parable, the father welcomed him back and helped him unconditionally, unlike Merv who demanded compensation.

sum1butno1
By the way, if anyone was wondering, the parable was from Luke 15:11-32.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.