Brendan Fraser talks Mummy 3 !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
The Mummy and The Mummy Returns were huge hits for Universal Pictures and director Stephen Sommers. There's been a lot of talk about whether or not Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz and Arnold Vosloo would return to the franchise for a third film. We asked Fraser what the current status of the project is.

"I've spoken with Stephen Sommers and he intends to finish up Van Helsing ," Fraser said. "He is going to investigate storylines and what to do, but look, I told him I'm in, but I'll wait for the call. But I can't imagine there won't be one." That's definitely music to fans' ears.

Fraser says he doesn't provide much input into the "Mummy" stories. "You know working with Stephen, the suggestions that I ever made were just like, 'You want me to do another take? Can I jump a little further? Shorter?' Things like that. Storyline things, I leave that up to him."

But does he have any thoughts on what the third movie will be like? "Let's face it, it's The Mummy, he's a thousands-of-years-old bad guy. He's kinda like you can't get rid of him, you can go anywhere. He's been endowed with certain powers. may explore other characters from other periods of history that have been mummified. The Aztecs certainly, other ancient societies. I really don't know the answer aside from a lot is possible."

Fans will be glad to learn that Brendan Fraser has some fun with "The Mummy" films in his latest movie, Looney Tunes: Back in Action. In the live-action/CGI film there's several lines about the franchise. "It's good to sort of centralize it and people will definitely get the joke." He's not afraid to make fun of himself. "I mean look, Warner Bros. cartoons always took advantage of making fun of what was popular of the day. In magazine culture, on screen, in the media, it's really no different with what they did with the animated shorts in the 30s and 40s."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.