Stressing a little too hard!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phoebeus1
Give these guys a break, they are in fact only human... I don't believe it was much of a let down. It was everything I expected in a final film. IF YOU DIDN'T EXPECT NEO TO DIE, YOU NEED SOME HELP! "The path of the one ends at the source. " The only thing I can criticize the movie for is the fact that trinity had to give a 20 minute death speech. I was like, when are you gonna die? To tell the truth I was disappointed with her death all together, but I went to the movie expecting it. It aided the process of Neo's death. Anyway, that is just my opinion, I am not as inclined to the matrix as others, so i will leave it up to you people who are die hard Matrix fans to criticize my opinions.

Phoeb1

ITALIAN926
The path of the one ends at the source... when did it end at the source? From what I saw, the path of the one ended in the machine city, in front of a speak machine which conveintantly had plugs for Neo to be jacked in. Guess he was expected.

These guys dont deserve a break, as a whole they ruined the matrix, The first was a masterpiece, it was all downhill from there.

phoebeus1
do you honestly expect two people to direct a movie that will please everyone who sees it?

ITALIAN926
Well, Id hate to see if only one was in charge.
All they cared about was DAZZLING us with special effects and confusing everyone with their poorly written scripts. People shouldnt have to watch a movie 5 times, watch cartoons, play video games,and read comics just to understand it. After the first movie, it was ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$ and it showed, it couldnt be more obvious and we're all suckers.

ragesRemorse
These movies werent all about money. Thats just bullshit. The wachowski brothers said themselves they wouldnt have made these two installments if there wasnt such an overwhelming fan base. They had the trilogy in mind from the begininng. If they had enough budget to start with,then it would have been a trilogy from the beginning. You all can bash these directors all you like, its not going to change the fact that the matrix is the most engrossing, and complex movie in hollywood history. The directors made sure they had a hand in everything that had to do with matrix, this was because they wanted to make sure there vision was secured as the final project.

They put so much painstaking hidden messages throu out the movie for fans to find and enjoy after these movies are just a memory. That is actions from someone who is motivated by somthing other than a dollar sign in mind. You need to calm down and watch these movies again and realize what they achieve, movies will look up to the matrix trilogy for years to come. they already have/ Thats saying somthing was done right

ITALIAN926
Nah, money wasnt an issue to these guys, thats why they sacraficed Tank. Of all the overhead this movie had to deal with, they couldnt pay this guy what he wanted, Id say in order to make the movie RIGHT, and not being concerned about money, they wouldve caved.

If you dont think this was all about money, including the comics and the Animatrix.. and the friggen video game, youre very naive.

Aside from the first , the rest have a feel as if the directors built the storylines around the special effects at their disposal. The Twins sucked.. I wouldnt be surprised if the FX department said "hey guys look what we can do... ghosts!" and yep, they built those two shitty characters around it.

I was really hoping that M3 would make up for M2 being so inferior to M1, and Im very dissapointed. Theres no right and wrongs with opinions.'

AND STOP ACCUSING ME of not watching these movies... Ive seen them plenty.

ragesRemorse
Tank wasnt a key character to the story. There could be many reasons why he wasnt re sighned. If money wasnt an issue then they certainly would have re sighned him. They probably realised that they diddnt need him.

The twins were based around a japanese comic that inspired the matrix. The brothers included alot of different aspects into this movie from things that inspired the idea. This was done as respect and to pay homage to it's inspiration.

Marketing merchandise is different from the actual movies. When companies approached these brothers for rights they only agreed if they over saw the creation and final product. This is from someone who doesnt want just anything being put out with thier name on it. They actually care what there fans will think. 80% of what is released related to the matrix relates to the film in some way and gives it greater meaning and delves into greater explanation. Not even george lucas marketed his products with such care. Animatrix, the comics, and the video game. give you somthing that directly realtes the movie and it's story. This isnt somthing inspired just for money. I'm sure they care about the money on some level, but they deffaintly wouldnt give there rights to anything they diddnt feel portrayed the matrix in a proper way.

ITALIAN926
Cmon man, honestly, do you really believe that M2/3 are in the same league as M1 as far as originality and plot? They dug way too deep man, it couldve been kept much more simplistic and the result wouldve been much better. Again, just an opinion.

ragesRemorse
I totally agree that M2 and 3 are not as original as the first. It was the way they elaborated on the story that was so entertaining. I mean look at the three movies. If these werent done with carefull thought and care then they all would have mirrored the first movie. However each one takes on it's own style. Each one breaks away from the last,and becomes it's own movie that is telling a single story, with a new technique. They actually tried really hard with these movies, and everyone involved cared very much with the final result. Reloaded multiplied everything the original had. the only thing that makes the first better is that reloaded is only elaborting on the plot. I mean they turned a simple story into a beautifull triolgy that isnt just repeating itself with a recylced plot in each new installment. like so many sequals and trilogies do.

dundarz
I don't really want to get into an argument that can only go in circles, but....

ITALIAN926 - Your 100% correct.

It was all about the money after M1. M2 (i did really enjoy and rate) and M3 (not sure yet) were made because WB/Wacky Brothers knew it was going to be a massive money earner. Do you think if M1 had bombed WB would have let them make the sequels? The whole movie business is money driven. Don't be naive to think otherwise.

Apart from the sequels (which are fine), we get the crappy generic 3d action game Enter The Matrix. The game is total pants. Check out the Reloaded Extras disc and there is some women on it bigging it up - makes it sound like the best game ever. All it is is a sub standard game, which sold a massive amount of units purely on the back of the Matrix name. Was that not done for money? Also, it now seems the ending of Revolutions was just a set-up for the Matrix Online game. Do you see? That is another massive money earner for those involved. You buy the game and then pay monthly subs, sure the Matrix lives on but so do the profits.

ITALIAN926
You know whats bothering me the most? We STILL dont know how Neo got his powers in teh real world. When he asked the Oracle how it happened, she doesnt even give a straight answer. Thats total CRAP. The audience is just supposed to believe that a regular human being can now shoot lightening bolts outve his ass in the real world. Ya know, after seeing it today, I think I wouldve preffered MWAM.

ragesRemorse
if any movie bombs NO studio is gonna green light a sequal. Atleast not for aobut 10 years. If these movies were inspired by money. They wouldnt have spent so much time and care in it's creation. This is of course an opinionated subject. All you have to do though is look at the final project, and see how flawlessly it's put together.

matrixisthebest
ok i'm going to write alot and clear alot for those of you who do not understand what the crap is going....you are right the path of the one ends at the source because he was suppose to choose the door to his right that would lead him back to zion so he could reset the matrix and the cycle would start all over again, but he choose the other door because of love for trinity...now i heard alot of crap about how m2 and m3 were just money makers and made no sense, no that is not possible, they made the movie as a whole, you can't have one without the other. now i'm going to talk about how m1 connects with m2...agent smith wanted so bad out of the matrix because he knows it just keeps happening over and over again, he wanted out bad so he kills neo, i am pretty sure that killig neo did not happen in the other previous 5 cycles of the matrix..he killed neo and trinity's love brought neo back to life "neo i'm not afraid anymore, the oracle told me that i would fall in love with a man and that that man would be the one"(may not be exact so don't kill me for it) neo comes back more powerful then the previous 5 neos, stops the bullets, destroys smith which we were told in reload by smith that was not suppose to happen "i killed you mr.anderson i watched you die, with a sort of satisfaction i might add but then something happened that i thought was impossible.......you destroyed me mr.anderson" when neo went into smith, he set him free because smith killing neo was not suppsoe to happen and neo killing smith was not suppose to happen...that unbalanced the equation which is what oracle has been trying to do....and that change consequently has an effect and we are taught that in reload when the french guy(i cannot spell his name) talks to us about causality...smith in reload tells us the cycle is not happening like it should, him having the power to duplicate himself wasn't in the previous 5 cycles, he hints it after neo fights the 3 agents at the beginning of reload then flies away, smith comes out and says "everything is happening exaclty as it did before" the toher smith comes out and says "well...not exactly" i could go longer but i'll wrap it up..the biggest change was smith killing neo that inturned made trinity love neo in a way she never did compared the previous 5 cycles, that love is also what made neo choose to save trinity instead of going back to zion and resetting the matrix, and we don't know what the reason/purpose of this change is until revolution came out and told us because of these changes the oracle saw it as a way to end the war..i have to watch revolution liek couple more times to really understand most of it but one thing is for sure you can't have m2 witout m1 or m3 without m2...if you don't understand a movie doesn't it make you want to watch it again so until you do..matrix did tht for me, it's only after watching so many times and talking about it wit friends that everything becomes clear...this is the work of a genuis...but for sure for those who know religion, they'll be able to comprehend this movie alto better then peopel that don't....neo is like a parelle to jesus and oracle is a parelle to god and satan is parelle to smith...this movie takes alot of thinking and when you realize some of these points on your own you realize how great this movie really is...

silver_tears
seriously some people are the worse critics stick out tongue
i mean really if you can do better than complain about how it sucked

ragesRemorse
i agree with everything you say except fr the fact that M1 connects perfectly with M2-M3. They told the story in matrix1, i do think it's amazing how they did make the sequals seem like they were nessicary to complete the story. I believe the whole series is a masterpiece. If not for the story presentation, or flawlessly excecuted action and effects. Then for the simple fact of how they made each installment take on it's own style. They diddnt turn what could have easily become a repetive movie. Each one carries it's own atmosphere and feeling. The change from film to film is minute so it doesnt come off as planned but seems more achieved. After the ride that was the matrix movies, after my great appreciation, and rewards.. I still see no way reloaded and revolutions needed to be done. It was for the fans which is great. I think the movies are priceless, i believe that reloaded and revolutions do give each other deepr and richer substance. Tehre was still no need for the sequal. The story was told in the first. Infact revolutions ended with an ending much like the first.Leaving so much un answered after a full story
I think this is great though because it does force you to wander which kind of makes you apart of the story which is brilliant. There have enver been any other movies that compliment the vision that inspired them, or the love of the fans voice. There is so much through out these movies that is apparent that they were done for the fans. Just look at all the hidden messages

The Unknown
The only ability he has is to control things connected to the Matrix because he can enter the Matrix w/o jacking in (as seen in the movie). When does he ever "shoot lightening bolts"? And I'm pretty sure, though I may be wrong, that the Oracle says that The One's powers extend out of the Matrix. And if she didn't, then it's one of those subtle things throughout the movie like Smith being able to fly.

ragesRemorse
yeah the oracle said that, and its blaintly obvious when he's blowing up the sentinels through sheer will. However much his powers may extend out of the matrix, they are only effective and possible with things directly connected to the matrix

GABRIEL05
Now thats what I call a point!

ragesRemorse
no, more like a deluded opinion

GABRIEL05
I really was talking about the fact that the media industry is totally driven by money.

CarlEnnui
Everyone talks about how M2 and M3 suck and that neither of them live up to M1. How can anyone say that and keep a straight face? When I first saw M1 it felt like to me that they were able to do this awesome new 'bullet-time' stuff and then started writing a story around it.

Anyone who says the same thing about M2 and M3 are misinformed, as they were planned pretty much the whole time. It's just that the brothers were not sure if they'd ever get to make the other parts.

I am a die-hard fanboy of the matrix just like most of you guys here but you have to take a serious look at the matrix. There is bad acting just like m2 and m3. There is storyline that doesn't conform to the conventional rules of hollywood, just like m2 and 3.... When all of you first saw Trinity jump into the air and kick that police officer there was only 2 reactions:

You either went: "Holy shit!"

or you went: "What?"

Face the fact that the matrix is built on COOL. Without bullet-time or wide anime-inspired shots, the matrix is nothing but a complex philosophy tour. You're waiting for the next 'big scene' or the next 'matrix fight'. There is absolutely nothing that the bros could have done to live up to what everyone expected. It didn't help that Silver was ranting about all this awesome stuff and "We've raised the bar so high there is no bar."

You have to stop classifying the matrix trilogy in a league of it's own (though it obviously deserves one) and realise that it's better than any other thing out there, PERIOD. If you think you could have done better then why aren't you in show business? Of course the matrix has set a new standard for sci-fi films but only for those people who believe film is an artform and are open to new ideas. It won't change modern american filming because the people WANT to go see the same old boring stories told in different ways with not much content. It's a sad fact.

A lot of critics give movies with the same old boring content bad reviews because there is nothing new, but as soon as something new comes out they are quick to bash it because they don't understand it or because it's unusual and not hollywood story-pattern material. And seriously, watch Anime features, after watching about 30-40 or so you will realize exactly where the bros come from. This movie is exactly anime turned real and you shouldn't have expected anything different.

And for those of you who think the matrix was over-retailed... They had hundreds even thousands of companies vying over ad permissions or marketing schemes and almost ALL of them were denied. If this was any other movie, it would have been a 'StarWars: TPM' marketing overload.

The Omega

CarlEnnui
Yes, it really is an argument, because if they are such good story people and know so much about good movies then they should be able to write their own screenplays. Hell, I have written 3 screenplays that are 120 pages or longer and I am only 19. The problem is GOOD storytelling. I'm nowhere near good but I write my ideas down anyway. The fact is that no matter how crappy they think part 2 or 3 is, part 1 is the same way despite it's 'closedness'. You can look at the films and SEE the wachowski style.

It doesn't take a genius to write a screenplay. It takes one to turn the screenplay into a movie. Or in matrix case, two. Two different directors can read the same script and make the same movie completely different. Don't kid yourself, if these people are smart enough to criticize a movie then they should know how it could have been better, because if they aren't creative enough to know how it could have been better, then how in the world do they know it could have been better?

It's exactly like Kill Bill. The movie receives bad ratings because it's not the same old crap the critics claim they are tired of. In Quentins case, only a few of the critics even picked up on all the B movie references to movies and shows, and those that did absolutely loved the movie. In the Bros case, they are just like GLucas. They write first for themselves and secondly for the fans. The story they told is what they wanted to tell and they don't give a shit what critics or fans say about it because it's not the critics or fans story, it's theirs. When people finally come around they will realize what a great trilogy it is, and just the opposite of Michael Jackson or Vanilla Ice, the fans will become haters and pretend they were never fans. For generations there will be people saying "Oh ya, I remember when they first came out and I was the biggest fan" but they were really haters.

burlyman
your fingers must hurt

xeous
What business isn't driven by money?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.