Why does Yoda go running scared?.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Boshuda
Why,if Yoda is the greatest Jedi that ever lived,do you think he runs like a chicken to some backwater bog planet?

Jedimaster3838
Even Yoda couldn't defeat two Sith Lords. As strong as he is/was he was not the "Choosen One" and perhaps he "saw" that the children were the only hope for the future and knew that he would need to train them. I wouldn't say he ran away so much as he was preparing for the future of the galaxy. Vader/Anakin is stronger in the Force than Yoda and with Palpatine at his back nothing could have been done. Luke and Leia for all we know will be stronger than Yoda as well and thats why Lukes able to hold his own against his father.

Boshuda
Vader stronger in the force than Yoda? Never...

Boshuda
....Maybe you're right!

theEviljedi
There is already a topic on this.

theEviljedi
Jedi Master
(8/19/00 9:54:45 am)
Reply | Edit Why Yoda hid?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many say he went in hiding to Dagobah because he was a coward.Others say he was ordered to by other Jedi during the hunt.What do you think?

queeq
Well, Anakin IS the chosen one and he has a higher midi...*cough cough*...chlorian count. So he could be stronger than Yoda.

queeq out

Yoda
I wasn't hiding.

http://www.episode-2.co.uk/images/ezboard/posticons/10.gif

queeq
I bet you were just taking a swim. smile

queeq out

Dim
He wasn't hiding...just waiting until he had the opportunity to turn things around..

queeq
That still makes it hiding, though.

queeq out

Ratcat
But not running scared.

queeq
Well, it's running. But maybe not scared.

queeq out

krautrocker
yoda in hiding , bet he was s****** himself when luke buggered off to cloud city incase he turned to the darkside and came back to whip his green shriveled arse.

nah yoda aint no chicken , but he's no great warrior either.

Ratcat
What a charming turn of phrase you have. smile

queeq
Yes, very charming...

Welcome to the boards, krautrocker (Is that name implying you are German?)

queeq out

Darth Daft
I'm sure he wanted to do his best to survive just for the sake of Luke and Leia's future as Jedi Knights. He and Ben were the last of the Jedi Knights and they needed to do their best to stay alive long enough to help Luke and/or Leia complete their training.

OneArmedWampa
its called sacrifice for the greater good. sometimes its harder to wait than to rush into a battle you can't win. yoda is about wisdom not bravado, but you all knew that.

Gundark
I believe if that was the real Yoda that posted above, he would have said "Hide I did not". smile

queeq
Or "Did hide not I".

queeq out

Darth Daft
or "Did I not hide???"
He's old after all. He probably can't remember.

theEviljedi
"Here nothing that I say"? There is already a topic on this.{see above}

queeq
Oh you're no fun anymore EJ. wink

Or "Hide I not did". He probably says it different every time. He IS very old.

queeq out

theEviljedi
Well just continue the thread there.

Dim
EJ, I'm not going to make anyone, especially a new member go looking all the way back to page 11(!) to find a topic... For the benifit of the new guys I think we should keep the discussion here.

queeq
Page 11?????? Wow, EJ, you have a great memory. I'd call that thread as dead as a dodo now.

So where were we, ah yes, the coward Yoda...

queeq out

krautrocker
not german just a fan of NEU!

queeq
What is NEU?

queeq out

theEviljedi
Well I did make it...and Dim if your not going to close this then close the other one.

Dim
No..it's already dead...closing it isn't going to make it deader..

AND YODA IS NOT A COWARD! He's a wise little man...sort of like...Ghandi.

theEviljedi
Like I said before, Obi-Wan probally forced Yoda to hide out in Dagobah.

queeq
Yoda as in the intergalactic Ghandi? A non-violence guy, eh, Dim? That's the Yoda-fight-scene flying out of the window. *sob*

queeq out

Darth Daft
Well even non-violence people will have to resort to fighting if they are to defend themselves from an attacker.

queeq
Ghandi didn't.

queeq out

Dim
You're right...he didn't...I didn't mean for you to take the comparison that far..

Mos Fin jedi
I kind of just think Yoda went into hiding because he was waiting for the right time to strike back. When you plan on an attack you plan out certain situations and certain tools. The same way the Sith did. They waited for just the right time to go through with an offensive attack. Yoda was waiting for the right tool(weapon)to come along so he could assure victory. Luke was that tool and when Luke emerged it just so happened that the good prevailed. Yoda was just byding his time for the perfect moment. He knew he was not the one and therefore knew he played a different role, one that would need to survive to train another. And the other would be the hero, after the hero completed his training yoda vanished and became one with the force. because he had fulfilled his own destiny.

Boshuda
Sorry EJ for not realising you had this topic covered mate!! (I am only a wanna-be-jedi after all!!!!!)

I think Yoda went to Dagobah for his hols and liked it so much he stayed! The atmoshere is good for his slimy skin!

queeq
Good point MFJ. It proves my theory that Luke is the true chosen one. Only GL has to realise that now.

queeq out

theEviljedi
That's all right Boshuda.

yodaadoy9
Well, I like Yoda a lot (can you tell?) and this is what I think:

Yoda and some other Jedi were able to escape the Jedi Massacre. They all went to separate planets, hoping that some of them would be able to stay hidden from the Sith so they could train the Skywalker's to become Jedi to help defeat the Sith. But the only one's that managed to survive were Obi-Wan (on Tatooine) and Yoda (on Dagobah). If you say Yoda ran away scared, you'd have to say Obi-Wan did too.

OneArmedWampa
but obi-wan did run scared. the little wuss even changed his name. he wasn't trying to watch over luke, he was trying to save his own butt. not very honorable at all...

Dim
Well, I wouldn't quite say that...I think what it boils down to is they knew that they were in for a long wait...they can see the future (or atleast part of it) afterall. They knew their work wasn't done.

Boshuda
It seems that I stirred up a hornets nest with this topic (even if it has been covered before)

In episode 1 Yoda is the greatest living Jedi, but with the discovery of Anakin and is mega midi-chloridian count, that balance is about to shift.
Anakin in the next two movies will take over Yoda as the galaxy's greatest Force user. Trained by Obi-wan and later Darth Sidious he is gonna kick some butt!!
When the persecution of the Jedi begins,( aided,I believe by Palapatine's clones.... Of Jango Fett?),Yoda,along withthe other Jedi, will disappear from the galaxy ie hide out on Dagobah,Tatooine etc.In an event similar to the Sith rule of one Master,one apprentice,the Jedi will keep a low profile till the time of the Skywalker appears.
Even Jedi would have a hard time against mass persecution, and seeing as they do not take an agressive stance, the thought of an army of Jedi will be an alien(sic) concept.
Obi wan living out in the dunesea is granted the task of overseeing Luke Skywalker until the time is right for his 'coming of age' as it were. Yoda is awaiting his new apprentice safe in the knowledge that Anakin/Vader believes him to be dead (Why doesn't Vader mention Yoda to Luke on their meeting?)I believe Anakin/Vader knows of Obi-wans whereabouts or if not the fact that he is still alive,because he knows Luke has been trained by him. How could he know who had trained Luke when he dosent mention this?
I believe Vader,being the sneaky so and so that he is,has it planned for Luke to join him and rule alongside him after getting rid of Palpatine/the Emperor.(just the opposite of the Emperors plan!)Vader has to keep a low profile where the knowledge of his son is concerned in case Palpatine gets a whiff of his scheme! That's why he dosen't go down to Tatooine on A New hope....everything comes to he who waits!
Leia is not known to Vader and is spirited away at birth to live with her mother on the safe hideaway of Alderaan. Why she dosent take Luke as well could be that with Lukes high midi-chloridian count he was known by his father..Leia isn't as strong in the force as Luke.So Luke is left in the care of Obi-wan and is fostered by the childless Lar's couple(Come on guys Im on a roll here!!)Why Obi-wan dosent look after Luke himself is simple..Luke being an infant needs a mother figure, something Obi-wan is not!

Well what do you think? Sound plausible or a pile of old toss?

Ratcat
Sound really good, you clearly put a lot of thought into that.

OneArmedWampa
it sounds good except for the obi-wan stuff. if the jedi really wanted luke to take down vader why not train him from the normal (young) age. instead of waiting untill he is "too old to begin the training." obi-wan could have raised him in the obscurity of the dune sea as a jedi. imagine luke with 15-20 years of full blown jedi training. oh yeah, my post earlier about obi was a joke. i realize that yoda and obi-wan were doing the brave and honorable thing.

yodaadoy9
makes you kindof wonder, why didn't Yoda want Luke to be trained?

theEviljedi
Fear of him following his father's foot-steps.

OneArmedWampa
but that doesn't quite make sense. luke could turn regardless of his level of training. thats like avoiding sports because you could get hurt. it seems yoda and obi would have better luck if luke began his training at the propper age. besides ..."only a fully trained jedi knight with the force as his ally can defeat vader and his emperor." the little amount of actual jedi training that luke went thrugh always bothered me, even more so after seeing ep. 1 with the padawan's learning for like 20 years before they become knights. i know luke is supposed to be great and all, but a couple of days and a few wise words is not training.

Gundark
I agree its certainly not much training, but it was all the time that Obi Wan and Yoda had to work with Luke. The Empire wasn't gonna put the Death Star in neutral and wait for him. smile

Dim
Yeah, at that point it was pretty much a last ditch effort..

theEviljedi
I wonder why they didn't want to train Leia first. Between the two I would have thought Luke would have turned before her.

Dim
Well, remember Ben didn't know about Leia...so he thought Luke was the only choice...I don't know what Yoda had in mind for her though.

theEviljedi
He was probally a sexist.laughing out loud

Ratcat
I'm not sure that Leia is was as strong as Luke in the Force and this has certainly be aluded to into the EU where she is most definately a lot weaker than Luke in Force powers.

Dim
Yeah, but I think it was reasoned that it was only because she hadn't spent the time honing her skills as Luke had.

yodaadoy9
yes, she had to be a princess and be royalty, etc. I personally think she was more powerful than look. In ESB she had no Jedi training yet should could speak to Luke and knew where he was (Cloud City)

queeq
That was probably more due to Luke than to Leia. Remember, Luke didn't know Leia was his sister then, he just called out to her in the Force.

queeq out

Ratcat
Agreed, he directed his thoughts into her mind. I think, if he had wanted, he could probably have directed it at Lando or Chewie but Leia was more likely to accept it.

yodaadoy9
true, true

queeq
Very nice and very BIG yodaadoy9

queeq out

Ratcat
Perhaps a little too big..... smile

queeq
Nah, that's allright. It can be a lot bigger I think. Yours in the lightsabre thread was HUGE, but at least that was functional.

queeq out

Dim
As long as it's not his sig laughing out loud

Nice work kid!

queeq
Afraid someone's sig is bigger than yours??? wink

queeq out

Gundark
queeq, don't let the TOWER OF POWER see that. BTW, where the heck is Xizor ?

theEviljedi
He's visiting family. He notified the JC but not the rest I guess.

queeq
He'll be surely missed. sad

queeq out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.