the best fight scene of all time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
which is the best fight you have ever seen in a movie?

badkittykitty
I just watched crouching tiger again and man the fight with shu lien and jen still gives me a thrill damn!!

total metalhead
Lobby Scene in Matrix 1, Neo vs Smith in Matrix Revolutions or the big one at the end of Equilibrium

duffy
The fight in the transporter with the oil and the bike is too good

Kes
The bride vs Copperhead in Kill Bill.
Matrix:
Trinity vs cops
Neo vs Smith subway.
Lobby scene
Morpheous vs Smith
Matrix Reloaded:
Trinity vs Security guards
Morpheous and Trinity vs Twins
Matrix Revolutions:
Club Hell scene
Trinity face to face with Mero.
Seraph and the guard.

Yeah the Lobby Scene in The Matrix takes the cake for me
It was great.
I also liked the Neo vs 100 agent smiths
The opening fight scene in equilibrium, as well as some others in it
and the ending scene between Spiderman and the Green Goblin beginning at the bridge.

Discos
The Matrix reloaded fight with Smith & neo was awesome, also the fight between the machines & the Zion in Revolutions was nuts!

X-Men had a good fight at the end, also Charlies Angels 2 with Diaz & (the older chick??)

DeNiro
well thank u kes for taking all of the fights i wanted to post about hahaha wink

Kes
Oh yeh the Zion scene.
And from X-men:Nightcrawler at the beginning.

total metalhead
oh yeah and Wolverine vs Deathstrike and the shootout at the end of Face/Off

Tired Hiker
The kill bill fights all the way.

Curl_Up&Dye
Star Wars: Episode 2...Yoda lays the smackdown

Curl_Up&Dye
The Lobby Scene in the Matrix is also one of my favorites.
Brad Pitt's final fight in Snatch is a good one.
Spiderman vs. The Green Goblin
in 28 Days Later- the soldiers vs. invading zombies
House of 1000 Corpses- the cops vs. the family, mary vs. the crazy blonde chick

alic88
TERMINATOR 2: t1000 vs arnie. that was awesome. the end fight

SIBO
the matrix have cool fights lord of the ring fights rule. i really wanna see kill bill i ve only seen da traila and i fink da fights look good

badkittykitty
in true romance where james gandolfini fights the girl(cant remember her name) was kick ass too

SetoKaiba
The best fight scene ever is the freeway chase in Matrix reloaded

SetoKaiba
The freeway chase in matrix reloaded is the best

Kes
laughed my ass off watching that scene laughing
Theres YODA walking with is walking stick and then he jumps and his really fast.

Discos
in comment to "curl up&die" yes Yoda did lay the smackdown and it was kick ass, but still the Zion scene is a great all time favourite,

There was something i remembered earlier today about a great fight scene in which i would share with all my friends here but i have FORGOT!!! damn, well if i remember it i will you,

freemind
Any fight from the any of the matrix movies.

Darkweaver
I really liked the final battle on Geonosis in Episode II. At least in recent memory, that's simply got to be one of the best fight scenes I've seen.

The Burly Brawl in Matrix Reloaded also has to be one of the most amazing martial arts battles I've ever seen.

Ushgarak
Matrix doing well I see? Good. But surely Helm's Deep deserves a mention?

Depending on how you define 'fight scene', I still think the Trench Sequence in A New Hope is the best paced piece of action ever.

Discos
of course Helms deep must be included, also perhaps Terminator 2 with the T-101 Vs, T-1000 in the lava factory/steel milne

SilverFighter
Best fights? How about these......

Bruce Lee vs. Kareen Abdul Jabbar ( The game of death )
Rocky vs. Apollo ( Rocky )
The Bride vs. O-ren and the Crazy 88 ( Kill Bill )
Darth Vader vs. Luke ( Return of the Jedi )

hobbit_lover
HELMS DEEP and likely Minas Tirth (sp) will me AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb up

BackFire
Helms Deep hands down

Also...The battles in Braveheart, starship troopers...

diegocala
I loved the assination//fight scene in Millers Crossing

And all the Matrix fight scenes in the second film were lame!

Kes
Yes Helms Deep big grin

badkittykitty
minas tirith for sure will epic!

dont read usless you know what happens in return of the king........
Ive been waiting for the fight between Eowyn and the Nazgul's King since lotr's conception It should be the best battle in the trilogy

Myth
In Fight Club when the owner beats the shit out of Brad Pitt while Pitt laughs like a mad man is cool too. But I like the 100 Smiths fight, the flighing Neo/Smith fight, and the 45 min sword fight in Kill Bill.

movie_freak
Subway Scene in Matrix 1
Lobby Scene in Matrix 1
Club Hell Scene-Matrix Revolutions
Zion Wall scene - MAtrix Revolutions
Wolverine Vs DeathStrike- X-2
Luke Vs Vader-SWEP5

Lord Soth
Freeway sequence in Reloaded
Fight for Zion in Revolutions
All Neo/Agent Smith fights.
Lobby Scene
Yoda/Count Dooku
Helm's Deep
Wolverine/Lady Deathstryke
Statue of Liberty Sequence in X1

Kes
The highway scene is a chase not really a fight.
But yeh thats cool.
Also right before that, Morph, Trinity and the twins. Thats ace too.

Lord Soth
I forgot about that sequence! Brilliant opening for a movie

SaTsuJiN
the fight between Jiao Long Yu and Yui shu Lien was definately one of the best (crouching tiger). My 2nd place choice is the matrix revo fight with neo and smith

Lord Soth
EVERY SINGLE Neo/Agent Smith fight. Flawlessly choreographed

ragesRemorse
Top 5 greatest fight scenes.

Bruce lee and chuck norris at the colliseum-----Return of the Dragon
Matrix reloaded- pick a scene there all spectacular.
Kill Bill-- Again pick a scene
Braveheart-- Ist feild battle
Phantom menace-- Darth maul battle

el_barto
yoda/dooku (starwars epII)
subway fight(matrix)
lobby(matrix)
helms deep (LOTRII)
tetsuo and other telekinetic kid (akira)
hihachi/kazuya (tekken the anime)

vvvrulz
Darth Maul battle rates highly.
Also Neo vs Smith, Subway scene.

plenTpak52
Cottonmouth/Crazy 88's vs. The Bride, at The House of Blue Leaves (Kill Bill)

Jackie Chan vs. various gang members, at a random restaurant (The Legend of Drunken Master)

Yoda vs. Count Dooku (Star Wars, Episode II-Attack of the Clones)

el_barto
oh and tetsuo vs keneda (akira)

SetoKaiba
I do not know what happened I already wroe on this but this but it must have taken it off The freeway scene is totaly the best when the twin gets in their car thats awesome and all other matrix and lotr fight scenes

Lord Soth
Not really a 'fight scene' more than a 'melee sequence' per se: longer than a fight scene, and so much cooler

Punker69
Mine is Neo vs Smith in Reloaded.

countzero
The whole final fight grouping in Equilibrium is the best fight scene ever.
Guns and martial arts taken to brilliant levels. If you haven't seen it, do so now, I mean come on, it even says forget the matrix on the cover.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
best fight scene : Dr.Loomis vs Mike Myers

BOPRecruit 16
nightcrawler's attack in the white house
deathstrike vs. wolverine
neo vs. the last mr. smith

hmm....

supershane
that was a good one but i say the best fight seen ever is neo vs smith in revolutions

Skywa|ker
I was blown away by some of the fight scenes in Jet Li's "Fist of Legend". Some of the fastest, coolest fight scenes I've ever seen in martial arts films. (Specifically, Jet Li against the guys in the class right at the beginning of the movie, and the big final fight at the end.) Mondo cool.

Lord Soth
Exactly my choices. Except add the sequence w/ the X-Jet and the F-15s

Kes
Storm making does tornados was pretty cool but that not really a fight.
Storm vs Toad X1. I like it cos we get to see Storm get a bit pissed off!Poor Toad!!! Never had a chance!

Lord Soth
That's a good one too. She had a stupid line though:

"You you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else."

Not very clever

Kes
I think that was an homage to the comics. In them she has lines like that all the time. At least she didnt summon the gods laughing

samhain
what about Roddy Piper and Keith David in They Live? If no-one agrees then I'll just say Morpheus and Neo sparring in the matrix. rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

pslice
the lobby shootout in matrix.
the best fx in a fight are matrix revolutions neo vs smith

Lord Soth
True, True

Oh wait! I forgot 2!
Blood Club-Blade
Sewer sequence- Blade 2

vibz
yuh i totally agree...it was pretty kool.....but nothin beats the matrix!!

KidRock
1 word....COPS! now that show has the best fights lol

anyways u cant forget about in The fellowship of the ring when that dude that tried to steal the ring from frodo killed liked 50 orcs then got shot with an arrow killed another 20 got shot again killed another 10 then got shot once more gave a beautiful speech then keeled over and died.

badkittykitty
another great fight scene is between king Arthur and the black knight in 'the holy grail' thats is so awesome!!

cgtuna21
In Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring when Aragorn fights Lurtz th Uruk- Hai in the Amon Hen battle. Also in the second 1 the Helm's Deep battle. In Matrix 1 the lobby scene, in saving private ryan the d-day battle, and in star wars the obi-wan and darth maul scene

They all gave me the chills down my back

DracotheDragon
When Drake and the other dragon fought in Dragonheart: A New Beginning, that was the best fight sequence i've ever seen. (although it couldve been longer, i think it was only 2 minutes long.)

Lord Soth
In Return of the King, The Battle of Pelennor Fields (premonition)

shadow link
good, nay excellent premonition

but for now helms deep if thats classed as a fight scene, it won like best action scene or something at the mtv movie awards

but pelenor fields will literally be 20 times bigger as most people would know

shadow link
oh yeah and in fotr when aragorn chopped killed that big urak-hai the people at the back stood up and clapped and cheered which was funny

Wolfie
Best fight scene ever, Neo vs. Smith at the end of The Matrix Revolutions. The fighting was awesome and I'm a sucker for fights in the night rain.

Lord Soth
The rain was awesome, and the fight well-choreographed, but the CGI was way too fake, it made it harder to enjoy

Wolfie
It was better than the CGI in Reloaded. Though seeing Smith's face shift in slow motion at the end of the fight was ridiculous.

The One Himself
Neo vs Smith --> subway fight (The Matrix)

Julie
hmmmm.......lots of good fights out there....Indiana Jones even had a few good fist flinging matches

Palaka
Two fights tower above all others. John Wayne's fight in "The Quiet Man", and Roddy Piper and Keith David's fight in "They Live". Any of Bruce Lee's fights are also high ranked. If it involved wires or CGI, it wasn't a fight.

Julie
I haven't seen those....so I couldn't say

Palaka
"The Quiet Man" fight is classic. They fight for about fifteen minutes and they go all over the town during the fight. The "They Live" one was supposed to be shorter, but Roddy and Keith just kept it going and landed some real shots and made it more convincing than any fight I've seen since.

Kes
Equilibrium has some cool fights.

Lord Soth
THE BATTLE OF PELENNOR FIELDS!!!!!!!!! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

jetzhere101
the matrix series all the way.......every fight in this series is uncomparable its beyond the doubt the best axn movie of all time.............

johnny_rotten
The intro to "Naked Gun" when Lt Frank Dreben beats up all the bad world leaders.

Lord Soth
Club Blood at the beginning of Blade

BackFire
The battle in ROTK

cermiestar
the battle at gondor in ROTK

Kes
All battles in ROTK!!!

badkittykitty
kes you are so right! the fights in this movie blew me away!

Ushgarak
Frankly I preferred Helm's Deep. Pelennor Fields was nice enough but I think it lacked Helm's focus.

thorC
1. pelennor field
2. the fist scene in Saving Private Ryan (sorry i forgot thr location)
3. The Godfather part II
4. down town fighting in HEAT
5. Black Hawk down
6. Kill Bill
7. Gradiator
8. selffighting FIGHT CLUB
9. pulp fiction
10. free way race in The Matrix Reloaded
i love all movie

Kes
Ush> It was bigger then Helms Deep.
Beautifully done. Only those old epics have fights of this magnitude, these days CGI takes realism away. But this one was excelent, thou it had CGI, it wasnt overdone.

Lord_Andres
all the fights in ROTK and Gladiator

Punker69
The Lobby scene in The Matrix .Neo VS SmithS in RELOADED (dont make fun of me).Freeway chase scene in RELOADED (its sort of a fight).
Neo vs SmithS in Revolutions.The beggining in X2.All of KILL BILL volume 1.And the battle scene at the end of TWO TOWERS.Thats all that comes to mind right now.

Lord Soth
Actually, it was overdone. The fact is, it was done wel, and it looks awesome big grin

Kes
Lord> they had thousands of extras!

Kes
And it was a battle, so it can never be too big big grin

Korri
The Matrix fights scenes are just the cherry on the cake stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Bigger in people there but not really in how much actually happened.

I think there was so much more to Helm's Deep. It was a better done battle. And I think the anticipation in build up was better there also.

And I think retrospect will have people thinking that Helm's Deep had more impact, all things considered.

Incidentally, the best shot battle scene I ever saw was the French commandos storming the town in The Longest Day. No other film I know has such an amazingly well choreographed single shot without the use of editing or computer work.

Lord Soth
And yet, there were supposed to be about 200,000 people in that battle altogether, plus the Army of the Dead, the Mumakil, the trolls, Witch King's flying lizard, PLUS the long-distance shots, so there was a lLOT of CGI.

But the point is, it still looked incredibly real, and it was AWESOME, no matter how much there was

tha human soul
APU's versus squiddy's in REVOLUTIONS

Silvermane
Ripley vs the Queen Alien at the end of Aliens. It may be short but in surround boy is it sweet yes

BOPRecruit 16
in lotr 3, best battle was with the fell beasts and elephantes.

tabby999
fight club. all of it

LordMortis
John preston vs Father in equilibrium. top class wink

Carlcsw
Terminator 2: T-800 v the T-1000

X-Men 2: Wolverine v Lady Deathstrike (extended version)

Starwars Ep2 (AOTC): Arena Battle scene when all the Jedi fight the Robots, Count Dooko v Master Yoda

Starwars Ep5 (Empire Strikes Back): Darth Vader v Luke Skywalker

Freddy V Jason: The fight scene in Freddys Turf then the big fight at the end on Jasons turf.

There the best fight scenes.

alis
I'd say the kill Bill fights asell, the music for them makes them hit the top, i get shivers from watching some of those. The matrix had the best aswell though. But if yu think about the fights scenes you've watched most of the time the music makes the scene, if the music was worng the fight would be no where near as good.

Korri
Superbrawl- The Matrix Revolutions

rock

Lord Soth
That was pretty good, yeah

Everything in the matrix was awesome, this has already been established big grin

md-jbsks
LOTR: Return of the King - Minas Tirth
T2 - T1000 v. Arnold at the end
(T3 has some good ones too - Arnold and TX in the bathroom)

and..

THE ROCK - the Shower Scene....so good.

Kes
Superbrawl was crap. The effects suck, it looks like Dragon Ball.

The One Himself
What? mad

embarrasment

Kes
It was.

samhain
Roddy Piper and Kieth David in They Live.

The One Himself
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/shocking.gif
There's no need to say that is your point of view Kes... http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/whistling1.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/tongue.gif

Kes
big grin Oh came on...admit it...it was lame. The graphics suck! To cartoonish.stick out tongue

The One Himself
Kes this is an inglorious duty...I will not change your mind...But I liked Superbrawl...What can I do?http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/cool.gif
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/rolleyes1.gif

Kes
smileI'm glad you did. At least you werent disappointed messed

Lord Soth
I noticed that Superbrawl wasn't the pinnacle of CGI technology, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it

_X_frost_X_
my favorites are

frost vs blade(blade)
jack vs blonde guy(fight club)
neo vs 100 smiths(matrix reloaded)

and my all time favorite was the darth maul fight in episode one (starwars)

Aku
This can be from any film you want. Any fight scene and it can be with any actors. This term 'fight scene' can be anything from a brawl to a war. Savvy?

Gladiator - Introduction Battle#

Music blends in perfectly.

That boy needs therapy. FRONTIER PSYCHIATRIST. Happy Dance

Red Superfly
I enjoyed the fight between Hector and Achilles in Troy. It was a good old realistic slog between believeable characters.

forumcrew
yea for coolest fight i like one on one or atleast a small fight better then large battles achilles vs hector was really good

eleveninches
LOTR battle scenes.
Braveheart battle scenes
Troy's battle scenes
Any lightsaber fight scenes.

Drifter101
fight scenes like one on one? solo fights, id say all fights in Kill Bill, battle fights LOTR Braveheart, pretty much what eleveninches said

eleveninches
Yeah. the kill bill fights, and the star wars lightsaber fights

roundisfunny
I'm quite fond of:

1) Inigo Montoya vs. Wesley (as the Dread Pirate Roberts) in "The Princess Bride";

2) Inigo Montoya vs. Count Rugan in "The Princess Bride";

3) The Bride vs. the Crazy 88's in "Kill Bill";

4) The final showdown in "The Dirty Dozen";

5) Tang Lung (Bruce Lee) vs. assorted mafiosi in the alley in "Return of the Dragon";

6) The shootout at the beginning of "Hard Boiled";

7) The shootout at the end of "Hard Boiled";

8) Any fight from any Jackie Chan movie (except the American ones like the "Rush Hour" movies or "Shanghai Noon/Knights"wink;

9) The final shootout in "Open Range"; and

10) Any gunfight in "Tombstone".

shake zula
fight scenes of "fist of legend" with jet li
darth maul vs obi wan and qui gon
yoda vs count dooku
neo vs werewolves and vampires in the cheateu
achilles vs hector
the bride in the house of blue leaves
spiderman vs the green goblin
blade vs jarek (?)
the LOTR scenes
the Patriot scenes
the Braveheart scenes

Myth
Kill Bill fight scenes.
Matrix Reloaded fight against Agent Smiths.

Rogue Jedi
you guys have obviously never seen an old martial arts flick called "revenge of the ninja." the final battle is between a good ninja and a bad ninja on the roof of a skyscraper. man, it is bad ass.

shake zula
i have seen countless of martial arts and ninja flicks when i lived in the philippines. too bad i can't remember the titles.

Baylin
The cow fight seen in Kung Pow
Or the John West salmon advert where the guy fights a grizzly for the fish

vaya_the_elf
Well the one that comes to mind right now would have to be Attack of the clones, where yoda kicks butt.

sentinelrv
The last fight scene between Darth Maul and Obi-Wan. That is the best lightsaber fight scene of all time, until Episode III. (Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan)

Creechuur
Jackie Chan's drunken boxing movies have awesome fight scenes.

How bout that fight with Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live. Thats gotta be the longest fight ever!

Aku
Gotta be Fist Of Fury, the part where bruce lee goes to the bushido school and kicks all those guys asses. Although the fight between darth maul and qui gon and obi wan was pretty cool.

On a major scale Last Samurai coz it ended with sadness and battles are about emotion aswell as anger so they did that real well.

Do you notice on fight club, the part where edward norton fights that bald guy, edward does this massive punch right aroun d this dudes face right at the start but it doesnt have any affect its well funny.

xemir
Best large battle scenes : Troy/Gladiator
Best 1 vs 1 Fight: Hector vs Achilles
Best 2 vs 1 Fight: Obi & Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul
Best Alot vs 1 Fight : The Bride vs Crazy88
Best Cgi Fight: Dracula vs Woflman/ Hulk vs Hulk Dogs
Best Jackie Chan Fight: Drunken Master

ladygrim
hey i didn't relise any one else had seen kung pow.... i liked that seen...but i prefer the battle in lotr TTT helms deep ....or the battle in the mummy return the meji against the Anubius army..that s cool

Baylin
yeah and very sexy too!

ladygrim
lol

SomeBody_Some1
fight club had some really good fight scene's

Jamief90
Yeah Edward Norton vs Edward Norton both in his bosses office and at the end were great

Aku
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever,

when Ecks (antonio banderas) vs Sever (lucy liu)

Kick ass fight

Linkalicious
Van Dam in Bloodsport
Arnolds knife fight at the end of Commando
Fight at the begining of Irreversible
Neo vs Smith Matrix Reloaded

and i agree with all the other battles...and solo fights.

wuTa
i enjoyed jet li kickin everybodies ass in lethal weapon 4

Myth
You just reminded me of a question that I've been trying to figure out. In Bloodsport, towards the end. There is footage twice in a row of Van Dam doing his jumping splits round house. I would normally assume it was like an instant replay, but its done weird since it shows him completely land, and then it starts from the jump again. Does he do it twice? Or is it a replay? It looks pretty much the same but most replays would be directly in a row and wouldn't show him landed it completely.

Linkalicious
i think it's a replay, but i know EXACTLY what you mean. When i was like 6, watching it for the first time, i thought he just landed the kick a bunch of times.

It's actually just a replay.

Myth
Thats what I thought, but the way it was edited is well, stupid. They should have shown the kick twice then have him land it. Oh, well. Bloodsport is still classic.

Aku
Frank Dux. Hahahaha i can recite Bloodsport from back to front ive seen it so many times.

Lyn- "Whats the hold up?"

RandomGuy- "He says that senzo Tanaka is his shidoshi"

Lyn- "Well whats the difference if bruce springstein was a shidoshi?"

Although you gotta admit, Chong Li is like the least evil bad guy ever. He says like 3 words in the whole film and doesnt even kill Van Dams best mate. (Jackson)

Good Film Though

SaTsuJiN
Neo vs Smith - Matrix Reloaded (looooooooove the steel pipe)
Neo vs Smith - Matrix Revolutions (I still wish it was longer)

Aku
The fight between Agent Smith and Neo in reveolutions was just a watered down version of dragonball Z.

InsomniaQueen
This can be from any number of people, weapons, combat, etc . . .

Mine is from the movie "They Live". If you have seen this movie, you know what fight I mean.

If this thread has been done already, just delete this one.

Cinemaddiction
Yep..

SnakeEyes
Any Star Wars duel
Aragorn vs. Lurtz
The Lobby Scene
The Burly Brawl (Neo vs. about 100 Smiths)
Super Burly Brawl (Matrix Revolutions fight with Neo/Smith)
Transporter Oil Fight
Many of the Blade movie scenes]
LOTR large battle scenes (if they count)
Terminator, the fight in "Judgement Day" between Ahhhnold and the bad guy
The Rock, shower scene
Mission Impossible 2, the fight with Tom Cruise vs. the main bad guy
The Rundown, the Rock vs. Christopher Walken and the mini army
Gladiator- all of them and especially the final fight
Braveheart had some kickass battles
Achilles vs. Hector

Mr Zero
I'll try and mention a few that seem to have been overlooked:

Ash vs his own hand in Evil Dead 2

Raiders of the Lost Ark - not the Scimitar/Gun fight, the brawl with the big, bald, German guy & the plane going round in a circle: Sheer pulp genius.

Sean Connery vs Robert Shaw: kicking the crap out of each other in 'From Russia With Love'

Princess Bride - Dread Pirate Roberts vs. Vizzini

Toy Story 2 - Buzz and Buzz vs Zerg

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - king arthur vs the black night.

But my All time favourite fight in a movie : The knife fight between Butch and Harvey in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

"Rules? In a knife fight?"

NiceGuynj
i don't know if anyone put this yet but Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee in the case closed.

Shaolin Monk
Donnie Yen's "fight" scenes in Iron Monkey...gotta love his Shadow Kick

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>