New Ship announcement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
Did anyone see what was said in the latest Star Wars newsletter? One of the artists for the Episode 2 Cross-Sections books mentioned a new ship with hundreds of gun emplacements covering it. I deleted the newsletter a bit too early so I don't know exactly what he said, but despite a very brief description the ship still sounded very interesting.

jedi212guy
SD's have over a hundred gun emplacements. It can't be anything better than one of them. Otherwise the Empire would still be using them in OT.

Darth Pants
I'd heard it was a kind of troop carrier seen in the arena battle, so whilst a star destroyer probably could open a can of whoop-ass on it, it could probably outgun as many droid fighters, battle droids and droidekas as you could throw at it.

Dim
It's possible that it could be more powerful than an SD. just because if it's in the arena battle it might not be as likely to have to the gear needed for space ...there for it could be more specialized and decate more of the design toward massive massive fire power.

Darth Pants
True, like world devastator style. I'd bet they are space capable though, if an A-wing only about 4 or 5 times as long as a person can fly in space and be hyperspace capable, these big things probably are too. I hope we get a lot more craft in Episode 2, I want another space sim on PC with a decent collection of prequel trilogy fighters.

Ushgarak
They would only put the bloody thing on the PS2 or X-Box...

GL doesn't seem afraid to trump Classic technology in the Prequel era. The whole Republic appears to suffer from tech stagnation.

Darth Daft
The SD may have over a hundred gun emplacements on it or whatever, but it's not "covered" in them. This particular ship in Episode 2 is supposed to have them all over it, sprouting from almost every part of the hull, whereas the SD does not.

Dim
That sounds, hmmm....hellish.

And PSX2 and Xbox would make more money...but I think for something like that they'd port it to PC...it's probably make some good money.

Ushgarak
Lucasarts policy now is that action games DON'T go to the PC- hence Starfighter (the successor to the old W-Wing games) where you fly Naboo fighters, is a PS2 exclusive. Which is not to say they won't change their minds and port it; trouble is, it's been designed with consoles in mind and just won't be the same.

jedi212guy
Does it have a "main gun?" You know, a galactic threat? Or can it just blow other ships away with ease?

Gundark
Being "covered" in gun turrets, weapons, it shouldn't have to "manuever" into position to use its weapons to its peak capability. Perhaps it has sacrificed that manueverability for the sake of large-scale, 360 degree assault patterns.

jedi212guy
Interesting point, Gundark. Think it can go into hyperspace?

Dim
Not if we see it in the arena battle. I would think that he would have to be loaded into a still larger ship for space journey if that was the case, but then again...I havent' seen the storyboards.

Ushgarak
Everyone ignored my earlier post, didn't they... I'm amazed no-one else thinks it's the Milennium Falcon.

Ratcat
Interesting concept. I didn't recieve a copy of the newsletter for some reason. Anyone have a copy they can send me?

[email protected]

Dim
Ush, why do you think it might be the Milenium Falcon?..sorry..couldn't find that post.

Ushgarak
It;s in the 'Episode 2 weapon report' thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.