Why did Anakin......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

markfahey
give his lightsaber to Obi-Wan to pass on to his offspring, when they were hidden from him, and how did he come to the decision? Did he feel the Jedi way was not for him, and consiously join the dark side, and if so his giving the lightsaber to Obi-wan would have been a potential threat to the Dark Side?

Ushgarak
My interpretation of this has always been that Obi-Wan knew that Anakin, the person that as far as Obi-Wan was concerned was dead, WOULD have wanted his son,. if he ever had one, to have his sabre after he died.

In honour of his 'dead' friend, therefore, he gave Luke Anakin's sabre as he knew that Anakin would have wanted.

We assume, of course, that Obi-Wan recovered Anakin's sabre after their final duel together.

yerssot
You're right Ush,
mark, you have to know that GL does things strange, he makes a difference between Annakin and Vader, that is also said in the movie by OB1, with the point of view-lines.

ToMacco
Yeah, Obi-wan beleived that his friend was gone forever.

"He's more machine now, than man. Twisted and evil."

Ben probably will collect Anakin's weapon after the duel, but he may lie to Luke about Anakin wanting to have it. Ben knew Luke was the only hope to overthrow the Empire (and Leia, I guess). So he had to tell a bold story of a hero who was killed by an evil man.

He wasn't really lying, he just couldn't come out and say "Luke, your father is the black devil of death, and he's been kickin' Jedi ass's for decades. And we're next!" eek!

yerssot
I don't recall that OB1 made Annakin a hero, saying Vader killed him. He just said that Annakin was killed.

ToMacco
Come on, yerssot, he did to praise him as a hero;

Obi-wan: (of Anakin) He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and he was a cunning warrior.

yerssot
The best pilot, but OB1 was not on a lot of planets,
a cunning warrior is somebody with talent not that he is going to be the best.

If he wanted to make Annakin a hero, ho would say;
"Annakin was the best pilot of the whole galaxy, he was also the best warrior I have every encounter."

I think OB1 was just saying what he thought about Annakin

ToMacco
Well, we have a difference of opinion, there. sad

yerssot
again... smile
This is a small discussion. I just said that OB1 wasn't making Annakin a hero, just a neutral comment of him

ToMacco
I understand, and I know what you're sayin'.

yerssot
good, cause I understand sh*t from what I'm saying

ToMacco
Don't be so hard on yourself

yerssot
it's not that I spank myself (luckily)

ToMacco
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
How typical,

back on topic please

ToMacco
I don't think there is anything more to talk about. confused

yerssot
ok, let's talk about you thinking OB1 made Annakin a hero in ANH

Dim
Wha???

queeq
Now, this I must hear!

yerssot
To said that OB1 made it look like Annakin was a hero, great pilot and stuff, in ANH; I said he was just making a neutral comment...

darth fester
as ive said a few times i dont think that lightsabre every belonged to anakin

ok heres my theory

obi wan knew that luke was anakins son and in knowing that the force would be strong in luke. He told him it was his farthers and he wanted him to have it
so that luke would want to be a jedi like his dad

i dont know it could be a spare one or something or one he found whatever

but i dont think it ever belonged to anakin in the first place

what gets me is that if obi wan took luke away from his mother and left him with owen and beru why he didnt try to train him as a child or even take him to dagobah or had him and yoda just given up

Ushgarak
At this point, we have no reason to think that it is not Anakin's sabre. It is presented as Anakin's so why doubt it? We are meant to think it was his.

Luke was much safer as an anonymous farmboy than as Obi-Wan's pupil. People talk.

ToMacco
yerrsot

Perhaps Ben didn't praise Anakin as a "Hero." But he did indeed make it to beleive that he was an important role in the clone wars, and he was a dear friend of Ben's.

yerssot
Indeed, he was a good friend. He was a cunning warrior, he wasn't the hero of the clone wars

Ushgarak
However, from that whole scene it is very likely that Anakin WAS a hero of the Clone Wars though, wasn't it?

yerssot
That's what you make from it, I think he was just a good warrior, but now with all the spoiler I know he was the hero.

Ushgarak
Well, Obi-Wan was clearly a hero of the war, we know Anakin fought in the war, we know Obi-Wan clearly considered Anakin to be one HECK of a warrior...

Pretty clear implication.

yerssot
Ok, but he didn't say Anakin was the best who there was!

Ushgarak
He's talking about a big, famous war and then says that Anakin was the finest star pilot in the galaxy. Now, exactly during which conflict do you think Anakin is going to prove this, then?

yerssot
the podrace

It doesn't mean that he is the big hero of the clone wars

ToMacco
Anakin is going to be pretty damn imporant, you'll see.

yerssot
you don't listen do you?
I said that OB1 didn't make Anakin look like a big hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.