Transport Vehicle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
Do you think this thing's really for real?.. I don't know..It doesn't seem like the best thing to transport clonetroopers in.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/gunship3_4_angle.jpg

yerssot
it is for transport, they need it when they are in the arena, it's also seen on one of those movieclips

queeq
Why not.

It's definately a republic transport vehicle. It looks a bit like the TF transport craft that landed on Naboo in TPM.

Dim
Yeah but for clonetroopers?? Why would it have that shape? Are the troopers laying on eachother in there?

queeq
Why not? That's how they transported slaves to America.

It's difficult to get a sense of scale here, but it may have a lot of decks.

yerssot
this is still the drawing, it can change...

Dim
well, if you're guessing that atleast one person could fit in each one of those cockpits then it's not really that big..you'd think they'd give it more girth for more space.

queeq
Yes, IF. But I still think it's hard to get a sense of scale here.

And it looks pretty definate to me, this design.

yerssot
yeah, but think about the transports used in TPM, not much room, so they hang them on something and stuff

Ushgarak
Gotta love those A-Wing style colours that Republic vehicles seem to have, if this is ture (what with the Jedi fighter and all)

yerssot
the red color is diplomatic immunaty (spelling I know)

queeq
I think so. OB1 is filmed with a Jedi fighter life size model, doubt they're gonna change that.

Ushgarak
Did anyone suggest it would be changed?

yerssot
it's a drawing, not a real photo, so perhaps...

Dim
I dunno..my boyfriend hates it..I can see his point..he thinks it's too much like a sandcrawler.

yerssot
are you sure? it doesn't have wheels...
And I think it will look great when you see it in the movie!

King Jedi
It looks familiar but I don't know where from. confused

Dim
It does remind me a bit of a hovering sandcrawler.

yerssot
KJ, I had the same feeling, don't know sure, but I think they used a lot of things in the SW-universe; sandcrawler for one

Texas
That thing looks way to skinny to be a storm trooper transport! Unless the cockpits are 20ft tall.

jedi212guy
They could make it work.

queeq
After all, it's Star Wars: anything goes. big grin

Dim
Nah..bad design is bad design..
I thought maybe there was something on Geneosis that would cause it to have that design. What do you think?

queeq
I doubt it. It's a Republic Freighter, not a Geonosis one.

You think it's a bad design?

yerssot
there is a difference between the photo and the movie! I think it will be a 'normal' Sw-vehicle

Ratcat
It's really quiote smart as a multipurpose vehicle. Not only is it a troop transport, it also performs as an Assault craft. That particular rendering gives a bit of a force view on the size of this thing. This one makes it clearer.
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/gunshipfront.jpg
This thing is BIG, those wing mounted weapons are possibly Ion Cannons in a smaller version, like the one seen on Hoth in ESB.

And look at the size of the cockpit, that gives you a view of how big this thing is.

These ships carry a lot of firepower and about 50 troopers a piece. 3 or more of them drop clone troopers into battle during the clsoing scens of AOTC.

I think the final body might be wider, but I'm not entirely sure. I LOVE it, I can't wait to see these babies do their thing.

queeq
Cool RC.

And yes, I see no problem with this being a transport vehicle.

Texas
That is a better picture, I can see how it can work.

queeq
I don't see why this is a better picture. Looks the same to me.

Dim
I see now problem with it being a transport vehicle execpt for GL isn't giving any room to actually transport people in..seems silly to limity your available space like that. I think it's a bad design unless Chaing and Co. have figured out a way to have these clontroopers fit in there other than the conventional seating method.

queeq
THey probably will.

finti
I agree with Dim here, no comfort for the troopers. But its like real life when they use the plane "Hercules" to transport troopers you sit crammed and stowed like cattle.

Dim
Poor clones..it's their lot in life to have to ride around on a crap transport..WHAT ARE THEY??? SARDINES?! mad evil face laughing out loud

darth fester
i made up a story last night before my son went to bed, and told him that obi wan and qui con went in search of darth maul in a jedi transporter. he asked me what a jedi transporter was and i told him it was a jedi space ship.

hes now put one on his christmas list

HELP........ DO THEY EXIST ......... CAN I BUY ONE

Dim
Hmmmm..good luck!..I don't think you can get anything like that. Atleast not yet. Maybe you can get something from the Episode 1 line and he'll be happy.

queeq
I think the merchandise dept. will have read that post buy now. Anything to make a buck. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.