Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
What the hell happened at the end of the movie? What was that large flat black thing in the movie that kept showing up? And what happened to the guy at the end? And why did the computer go nuts? confused confused confused

Texas
click here--------->http://www.2001principle.net/ smile

Ushgarak
AH, good old 2001... stunnig movie.

The filmed sequel 2010 was half good (got Bowman and HAL back to reprise their roles despite the 20 year gap; perfect set re-production) and half bad (crap direction, lousy use of music and irritating voiceovers- couldn't have been more different from Kubrick)

Further sequel wise, they are skipping 2041 (presumably on the grounds that nothing happens in it) and skipping straight to 3001 (welcome back Frank Poole!). Well, that's the plan, anyhow.

Texas
The should of stopped with 2001 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
And never explained what was wrong with HAL? Just one of many things. Arthur C. CLarke wanted to write more and that's good enough for me.

But really, NOTHING happend in 2041. Very odd.

Ratcat
That may be because it was 2061 not 2041. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Blimey, old memory man Ush strikes back, eh?

Ratcat
Sorry, it's just that it's right next to me on the bookshelf near my desk. wink

Dim
laughing out loud I'm going to save this one and remember it..

Ushgarak
Hey, I got three numbers right, give me some credit. Just because the book was SO dull I couldn't even remember the title...

Dim
Nope..you wouldn't give me a break if I screwed up.. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Bet I would.

Hypernova
I guess this was not as popular, huh? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.