i need some help with this descion i have to make

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
i kinda already got my plan set but here is my problem.

ok as many of u know i am a good golfer and i was on varsity two years ina row on my golf team and i am a sophmore. and i was 1st varsity this year wich means i was the best player. but recently i wanted to quit next year to play football wich i am doing but my origanal plans where to play football both junior and senior year then go to morine valley college well here is my problem. i got a letter in the mail well actully it was sent to my caoch and he gave it to me and it was from the golf coach at morine valley he must think i was a senior because he said he wanted me to be on the 2004 team and he said he wanted to giv me a athletic scholarship. but i dont graduate till 2006 but i will still get a scholar ship when i am ready to go to colege but i want to play football but also get money off of colleg i am thinking of playing football this next year then play golf my senior year but i just wanted to know

must_kill_Santa
that was confusing but i think you should play football next year and talk to your coach or something

DeNiro
yay i will talk to my coach and i am playing football but here is a shorten version of my problem

i want to play football a golf coach fora colleg wants to giv me a schlorship for golf i dont want to play golf ne more but i want a scholorship what should i do

must_kill_Santa
play football and try to get a scholorship in that imtrying to get one in Drama

Neo_Version 7
DeNiro, you might as well pull a Bo Jackson. I mean, damn, you're one talented mothofo. Im not kiddin!

Curl_Up&Dye
I would accept the golf scholarship, but concentrate on your football skills, and maybe you could end up with two of them

slayer
Do football next year and then the year after consider playing golf?

Treehuggerjanie
yeah. If you still enjoy golf, get your scholarship playing golf, but play football as a hobbie-surely you can do both!good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Difrycheulyd
Hmmm.... its always very difficult to read your posts Deniro (Im sorry I dont mean that in any offensive way - you type the way you type)....

To be honest;although my mind is confused about the whole situation, I would tell you to follow your heart. I dont think anyone can understand what either of the two sports mean to you.

You seem to be very good at golf...so Id say go for that. But which sport do you prefer? I think you will make the right choice.... Good luck in what ever happens. You seem to be very talented in a sporty/athletic view point

big grin

Tired Hiker
D, I think you should focus on free school. Do what it takes to get that schollarship even if it means giving up football. You don't have to golf the rest of your life, but if it can get you in college for free, that's a privelege. Take advantage of it or you might regret it.

Fire
De. your plan sounds good I'd stick with that

(btw Bhang again this is a nice example of what is wrong with america)

Bhang
Why is that Fire? Too much freedom?

Fire
(nah, giving out scholarships to people who are good at sports, by this I do not mean that ppl who do sports are dumb or anything like that (so don't take this the wrong way De. smile) However I do think that being good at sports should not be a criteria on which to give out scholarships to further education. Seems pretty unfair, a very weird way of investing in your money in your students, and YES I know they also give out ACADEMIC scholarships)

Bhang
Ah, I see now.
Yes, we love our sports. So much in fact that we go see sporting events for college football, baseball, track and field.
The sports stars bring in the money (from fans) which is fed back into the educational facility.
They end up getting a free ride, but most, unfortunately, do not amount to anything after athletics is over and the real world begins

As the one's that get academic scholarships usually do well in the RL

DeNiro
they giv out scholar ships for sports so there teams will be good so they can bring money with having a good team because noone wants to watch a team loose but ne way.

here is the reason why i am having problems deciding one i am very good at golf but all my friends r on the football team i am almost as good as football as i am in golf. football and golf r the same season so i cant do both at the same time. i like golf but it is just not as fun as hurting people on the field. i am really big for my age since i bodybuild so doing football would seem to be the choice for me.

but the real reason why i want to do football is because of the recognition u get for playing. at the pep rally u r annouced to the entire school and walk out in the middel of the gym and wave or whatever i luv that type of situation luv being noticed and stuff. but i made my choice i am going to do football this year then play golf senior year. but i am hoping someone will giv me a scholarship for football cause that would be alot more fun. to bad they dont giv them for bodybuilding stick out tongue

i tried to make this post easier to read and fire i didnt take ne offense of what u said infact i am a meathead i am not the brightess guy i get A's B's and C's but when it comes to school i am very lazy

Captain REX
I just have one question, DeNiro...is there anything you DON'T do? Stick up for the wee folk, lift weights, play golf...etc...etc...

GambitEVOFan1
eek! laughing the wee folk!!aw thats adorable!!

DeNiro
the lifting weights thing is likea part of living for me if u knew me like say i dont lift a day i am supposed to the next day i am almost sick and i feel completly small but ne way i do alot of things and i am blessed at beaing talented i thank god for that when i didnt lift as much in 8th grade i was a volleyball all star basketball and track i was the lead role in the play a student consul secertary. but the things i cant do now r play bball i totally forgot how to and i hate it now. i dont do drugs. it is amazing i havent done steroids i got some serious will power and alot of respect for my mother cause i promised her i wouldnt but i do as much as i can i try to get talented in everything i can

Captain REX
eek!

Tired Hiker
And he likes Pantera!

Tired Hiker
DeNiro, you are my new idol.

Captain REX
Bow down! Bow down!

Tired Hiker
Oh, and here's some more thought on that scholarship thing. I say you should play football too. That earlier post where you said you like all the attention and stuff, I can understand that and that is important. It sounds though that you are good at football, but that's highschool. I think you should play ball both years, and then try for the golf scolarship. Can't you do both? Think about it. Golf is a cake walk wether your good or not. Just get the scolarship and study other stuff besides sports to succeed in life. Forget what Fire says, he's from Belgium. stick out tongue

DeNiro
thats a understament laughing out loud I FUUCKIN LUUUVV PanterA they rock and mudvayne is my favorite band though for sure pantera is second

GambitEVOFan1
eek! Do football chicks love football players!

DeNiro
umm cheerleaders like football chicks but my last gf was a cheerleader so it really doesnt matter if i am a football player or not chicks dig muscels seriously i get so much attention for that i luv it but ne way here is the problem TH

i can play football both years but the golf coach at morine is going to be like why didnt u play ur jr or sr year and i will be like i play football but u know what ur right TH as usal all i do is play football during high school try out for the college team make it and get my scholarship.

i mean i play golf all year round and giv lessons to kids 7 to 13 years old at a this one golf course so i am going to be practing ne ways so i will be just as good if i played on the team. and laughing out loud to fire

Captain REX
Good points there...

Cheerleaders are overrated anyway! They always have stupid grins sewn on their faces as if they were rag dolls to be tossed aside for later!

DeNiro
OMG SO FUUCKIN RIGHT REX. i couldnt agree more i hated my last chick she sai i luved u after the 5th dayand she says arent u saying ne thing back i said ur lucky i like u and she got pissed i didnt care she relaized it made up with me. and then she comes up to me and says what day is it?? i dont even know the day and it takes me a while the only way i figured it out was because i had done chest the day before for lifting and i knew i was off today so i said wensday she got pissed walked away because it was our one month anniversy i was like r u kidding me u r expecting me to remeber that

AND REX HOW OLD R U i asked that like 20 times laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.