Why do we hate???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

royal_jester
I have just had a really bad fight with a friend...

And now we are not friends...

It is so ****** up on the mean things someone can say to someone...

WHY DO WE HATE???

h0ck3yh0rr0r
excellent thread i must say. hate is in everyone.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hmmm machiavelli said something like hate can be gained through both good and bad deeds.

vvvrulz
I dont particulary hate, since its quite a strong feeling. However, when my tempers flare, and boy do they ever, i say a lot of things which i dont mean and other's dont deserve. Its an emotion i have to work on.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
there are different kinds of hate.
hate as in "i hate cheese"
or hate as in "i hate u, u stupid mother ****er burn in hell"
or "i really hate u, but u still a good person"

lol

Pablo G
If something does something to you that you don't like then it is by nature you'll have certain dislike for that person.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
not really pablo. if something does something to you that you dontlie then it is by nate that you might still like that person. for example: someone kicks ur nuts (acciendtly). you can forgive that person. someone kicks ur nuts (not by accident) then u have a choice to either dislike or still be cool with that person. and last example is that someone bombs someone elses country...then u know what happens.

Tired Hiker
We hate because we are human. It is a normal function. If you hate something and go ballistic, okay, go with it, ride it out. Just don't hurt anyone or yourself.

GABRIEL05
Inciteful tired hiker. The most important thing is honesty if you're angry don't try to hide it, but know why you are angry and meditate on it and you just may realize "Oh shit! I'm all pissed over nothin." And if you do you just become a better person for it. wink

Tired Hiker
I like that. smile

GABRIEL05
One day I thought to myself (not meditating) what is anger?, and I couldn't come up with an answer that suited my conscious self

After that day anger became a detached emotion like it wasn't apart of who I was anymore.
It was the wierdest day I've ever had.

equatable to watching the ocean waves on a bad high or an acid trip

Tex
I got into a horrendous fight with my best friend and we did not speak or see eachother for 2 whole years! sad

Cemetry Slut
I hate this girl in college well every1 does in my group shes a *****

royal_jester
I hope that doesn't happen to me...

But there is a great chance it might last that long or even longer confused

Friend44
Well, people define normal by their standards - what is not like us is not normal. We may not say it but we feel it that way.
From then on - we feel some teeny-weeny "mental hurt or aggravation" when people do things not like we would or do things that are counter-productive for our well-being. Add repetitiveness and add familiarity (this is why you have more fights with friends than strangers).
It is very normal to be that way too.

For these reasons, personally, I am a very moderate person (net, work, ect...). Some people at work talk all the time. I put my discman on, ect...
It's the ol'your freedom stops when you step on someone else's routine...

Oh, almost forgot, some people are sons of bitches too...

Korri
i h8...

CAM, MB and ME

burlyman
whos ME?

Fire
lol I still belive that most ppl who say they hate someone have no idea what hatred truly is cause it is very very very powerful
and ppl throw that word around far too often

burlyman
i dont hate anyone... i dislike some people...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
fire that was beautiful BUT i there are different kinds of "hate" like i have mentioned before. Napoleon BOnaparte hated Britain. really hated Britain....

Fire
I never said hatred was impossible.
It might very well be that Napoleon hated Britain.
And personaly I still believe every emotion has just one meaning, giving more than one meaning to an emotion, imo shows, a language inability, NO PUN INTENDED, since by this rule I don't even master my own mother tongue

Bhang
Hate the game, not the players!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nice fire.

Complicated
Why do we hate? It's simple - we either experience something that we really dislike, or we see in something the potential to bring about such an occurrance. Fire is absolutely right, though - many people have absolutely no idea what it really is like to hate something or someone. I'm not even sure that I do - but that could be the insomnia and Zoloft talking. stick out tongue

Brandon
SORRY THAT YOU LOST A FRIEND.I DONT NOW WHY WE HATE.

bYE

Maelstrom
Hatred makes people feel that their insufficiancies are dominant. That then makes them good for others and irrefutable. It is an easy deception and a false sense of self.

GABRIEL05
hate is necessary but like everything needs balance, moderation.

Shoukan
Wow good answers everyonebig grin

GABRIEL05
*pats shoulders indiscriminantly*

Friend44
Btw - We never actually hate or like anyone. If someone spits on you, you say you hate them. If someone helps you, you say you like them. In both cases, it can both be the same person. Therefor, hate being a temporaty state created only by a condition.

GABRIEL05
exactly

Friend44
Now, will someone get me my own talk show?

Complicated
Just about everything is caused by something else, and nothing is eternal, so...

No one makes claims that hatred is forever, just as no one claims that you must like a person forever. Since a person's nature can change, it only stands to reason that someone else's opinion of that person should have the flexibilty to change also. There aren't too many people I can think of that would both spit on someone and then help them, while being in the same, sound state of mind. In order for a well-minded person to hate someone else simply for spitting on them (and I believe this would fall in the category of percieved hatred that Fire originally brought up) they would have to feel that the offending person wished them specific harm and will continue to do so, without cause. It's highly unlikely that such as person would then be helpful - and it's impossible for such a person (remember - worthy of legitimate hatred) to be helpful without concern only for personal gain.

What you're saying certainly supports the notion that most people don't know what it's like to hate, but it doesn't eliminate the actual emotion/act. Many, many people genuinely hated Hitler, and continue to hate the notion of Hitler. Hitlet genuinely hated everyone Jewish. Many misguided, ignorant Americans genuinely hate everyone or nearly everyone of Islamic faith...

Friend44
thumb down WHAT? You trying to steal my future talk show or somethin'?

Complicated
Just trying to add some much-needed insight...

Friend44
I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU... Don't worry though - it should change fairly soon enough - your doorbell should ring - and chocolate will be delivered.

FrEaK.COM
i hate all my friends

Friend44
They are not your friends then.

FrEaK.COM
yea your right but they think they are

Friend44
"When I die, if I should go to heaven and only one of the people I love would not be there, it would not be heaven"

-Someone

FrEaK.COM
WOW THATS TOUCHING sad

Friend44
Yes, and all the while I was saying it, I was juggling with apples.

FrEaK.COM
do you like mywords from the crow on the bottom of my sig

Friend44
Go ahead and shoot, Fun Boy. You've got me dead bang.

(doesn't mean much)

Suddenly their came a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, right?

(no.)

It can't rain all the time.

(Great song by - shoot - I forget her name but I have it on cd.)

I have something to give you. I don't want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain all at once, all for you.

(No thanks - I already have a boss at work.)

FROM THE CROW

(That I guessed.)

I LOVE YOU BRANDON LEE

(I "like" BL but I don't love him.)

FrEaK.COM
your rude

Friend44
Sorry to you. I didn't mean to be rude in any way.

FrEaK.COM
yea well i aint going to fight anyway so i accept

Friend44
Life is too short to be small.

FrEaK.COM
yep pm me sometime we can chat

Friend44
I PROMISE YOU I WILL. Right now though, I'm gonna be signing off. You take care of you now, alright...

FrEaK.COM
ok talk to me when ever ok

Complicated
How 'bout Thai food? I don't really like chocolate... sad

Friend44
I I I...marry me?

Complicated
Sorry, I'm holding out for Natalie Portman. love 750 more letters and I think she'll start to come around. yes

Actually... Sure, why not? They do it on Fox!

Shoukan
Yeah this has to do with hate laughing out loud

Complicated
I hate that damn dancing banana smiley... sad

Shoukan
that is just to get peoples attention

Complicated
So are Elton John's glasses. stick out tongue

I wasn't talking about your sig specifically. It only reminded me.

Shoukan
Oh

Complicated
Yup.

Shoukan
are you afraid of the dancing banana...

Or do you just hate it?

Complicated
Well, you might say that I'm afraid of the continued existence of the dancing banana... stick out tongue

Shoukan
laughing out loud

silver_tears
Why do we hate blink though question......

Another tough one is why do we love wink

Shoukan
Good point Silver_tearswink

Complicated
That's another misunderstood emotion, but the gist of it is that we love those whose continued existance we equate to continued happiness.

silver_tears
Love is an emotion that brings great happiness and great pain.....
So why love in the first place, you can feel strongly for a person but if you grew really connected to them that makes you vulnerable.

Shoukan
Love can mean lots of things...

Like you can say I love this kind of candy.

Or you can say I love you dear.

Or I love you as a friend.

silver_tears
Seriosuly though what is love....
What makes you feel so strongly about a certain person blink

Shoukan
I guess it can be personality

Tired Hiker
Chemical reactions in the body.

Complicated
That's everything. stick out tongue

Shoukan
I guess so...

Shoukan
Should I have a mod change this thread to why do we love???

Friend44
thumb up I have given all the answers anyone could ever look for on this topic. MOD??? Mod? You may close this thread.

Shoukan
No dont close this thread.

Friend44
Ok, mod, don't close it for a little while, Shoukan needs a little more therapy here.

Shoukan
Wow you need the therapy well can anyone help friend44 stick out tongue

Friend44
thumb down My psychologist has hanged himself...

Shoukan
I guess because you couldn't be helped...

So your doctor hung himself. laughing out loud

Friend44
thumb down They last heard him say, "I'm taking the easy way out", as he went away to a better place. Strangely enough I was the last patient he saw, then, BANG, ten minutes later they find him dead...

chatcat1313
i think EVERY one hates some1 i hate this girl @ school named julia *shudders* sick evil face

GABRIEL05
antone here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.