The Unifying Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Ok so the NJO finally comes to a close.....I shall have my two cents worth of what to say about the book....

I must start by saying that though I don't consider this to be the best of the NJO...it was certainly a wonderful book. It had action and suspence...a bit of humor and a few twists that kept you guessing....there were times when the reader would have to fear for the lives of some of the characters....remember in NJO no one's life is sacred..

The length of the book was also quite nice...over 500 pages of pure SW.....I thought it started a bit on the slow side of things, but the end was really good....

The romance was a bit lacking....on all fronts....Danni and JAcen.....Jaina and Jag.....etc.

I will probably read the book again....

I'm anxious for post NJO series.

Julie
I take it you people haven't finished the book yet eh

Volundro Ramm
Nope, still finding it hard getting through "Remnant". But im glad Boba and the mandelorians are back!

LanceWindu
I'm on Reunion.

Then I need to read 2 more books, then I'll buy UF..

Tell me in PM's how it ends...

Baylin
I'm only on the 4th book but I'll get there, unfortunatly I made the mistake of stopping reading the SW books and next thing I know there's loads of them.

Julie
That's ok....there's lots of time before EpIII comes out...it'll keep you nice and busy so you won't be waiting around doing nothign and just wishing it were here already.....

Lance, are you serious you want to know the ending...I don;t think I would want to ruin the surprise of the LAST book fo the NJO

LanceWindu
Yeah I'm serious...Spoile away

In PM of course.

VengeanceGOD
Interestingly enough, there were a LOT of plot threads left open after this one. Hopefully some of them are still left open by the time I'm a respectable enough writer to tackle them. wink

One great image that I keep getting stems from the very end of the book, where Luke takes Anakin's lightsaber and sticks it into the tree at Chewie's grave. I would love to see a young Yuuzhan Vong warrior journey to Kashyyk, take up the lightsaber and become the first Vong jedi. That would be a great story.

Julie
write it....I'd like to read it:-)
of course I couldn't promise you I'd have the time to read it at the precise moment...but yea that would make a really interesting story

Julie
is the force unifying...or did the jedi unify the force????

VengeanceGOD
The Unifying Force refers to the version of the force that Sekot follows, as opposed to the Living Force that was followed by Luke Skywalker.

Julie
I prefer the living force........hey wasn't there another type of the force mentioned in one of the obi wan kiddie books?

mim cloudwater
vengence just as a conflict that would be put into that story of yours, vong arent of the force. so he couldnt become a jedi, unless he finds a way to become part of the force filled galaxy(like how force part species can be incorporated into the vong and lose their existence in the force.

Julie
the book said somethign to the effect that the VOng were "stripped" of the force...implying that they once did have access to it and therefore might once again

Jade_Eyes
Probably not really stripped. More as a byroduct of too much genetic meddling and mixing.

Julie
Oh I got the impression that the "force" had withdrawn b/c they were too violent a society...to be trusted with it

Julie
come on people get reading!

VengeanceGOD
No, Julie is right, that's exactly what was said in the Unifying Force. The Vong were stripped of the force for being too violent of a society. However, Omnimi, the real supreme overlord, had attached yammosk cells to his brain, returning the power of the force to himself. That was how he controlled Shimra. Therefore, it is possible to have the Vong have the Force.

Julie
wahoo.....it's always good to know if you're correct about something......and I believe the concept discussed is a good one.... should there ever be post NJO there ought to be vong jedi that would be cool

mosh16137
im about halfway through it

its alright but the wrighters style is a little diff compared to the final prophacy

Darth_Glentract
well, I read the book when it first came out in hardcover about a year or so I believe, maybe a few months before that. Also, it was Zonama Sekot that stripped the Yuuzhan Vong of the Force. It later did give it back. Also, I don't think there would realalisticlly be any Yuuzhan Vong Jedi. Do you really want to start training a species to fight with the force and such after they tried to kill you? I thought it was a good book, and I would definatly suggest to everyone to read it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.