Enter the Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
I am posting this thread here in the video game discussion so I can get responses from member's who aren't hardcore matrix fans.

What did you guys think of this game? Do you think it would be popular at all were it not set in the Matrix world?

JKozzy
If not in the Matrix world, it'd still be popular, actually maybe even moreso, since it wouldn't be compared to any of the movies, and would be totally independent. The bullet-time is my love, fights get repeditive however. Sorry if I'm too hard-core for you, but that's just my non-hard-core opinionyes

BackFire
Ah, however, Max Payne perfected video game bullettime before ETM came out, the only way ETM get's away with using it is because it's associated with the Matrix movies, which in turn created cinematic bullet time. So, if ETM was not a matrix game, it would be basically a Max Payne rip off, which is what I still consider it anyways.

Lag
Half the reason I loved this game was because of the fact that it's an installment to the movies. It doesn't have connections to movie, it doesn't have the likeness of the movies, it was the movies.

The other reasons I loved this game, and on a gamers level, was the awsome fighting. I have seen this game actually make my friends laugh in enjoyment when they first got behind the controls of this game. The moves are so easy and so fluid that you basically think it and it happens. Focus was another awsome twist to ETM. Max Payne may have been first to have bullet-time in a game, but ETM incorporated it into everything that you do: running, jumping, melee, shooting, hiding, blocking, parries, and rebounds, along with timing it right to do "Focused Moves". The graphics weren't all that great, but I love to see a game that is willing to sacrafice looks for depth of story and the length of the game.

Not to mention the hacking. I personally loved that part of the game, but that's from a Matrix fan point of veiw.

If this game wasn't "Matrix" then I think it could do good with the right story-line. Which is basically what Max Payne is.

slayer
I thought it wqas great! I don't like the movies though.

Korri
i have to admit...ive never really played it embarrasment

Ushgarak
ETM is half a well-designed game with a fantastic set of Martial Arts moves.

It is half untested and almost unplayable crap. I don;t know WHAT they were thinking with the driving sections.

BackFire
Granted the fighting was enjoyable, it was not enough to save the game from the rest of it's sub-par self. The fighting got tiring quickly...

JKozzy
But I could always say that Max Payne was a Matrix rip-off from the first movie, couldn't I?

BackFire
You could, but the fact that it's a different medium makes that argument a bit hard. Matrix did it first in movies, but Max Payne did it first in gaming, plus it did it better then the actual Matrix game did.

Mist
max payne was kinda ripping off the matrix. i mean, in the last few levels there were guys who looked a LOT like agents and everything. you could turn that game into the matrix by making him unplugged or something.

EtM was good for a few levels, but overall it got tiring. Fighting was the only cool part of the game. The martial art moves are wicked, i dont know what everyone else is complaining about. Driving the cars and the logos sucked major big time. when i drove the logos, i just held down forwards and let the ship drive wherever the hell it was supposed to go.

carnage713
i jus beat matrix today w/ niobi. it was fairly easy at times tho. but ghost is much harder

DracotheDragon
cool This game is awesome. Bullet time, guns, martial arts, guns, fighting, guns, and driving, oh yea, and guns!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/2guns.gif This game has all the aspects to keep u busy for a while, and its fun to boot. Ive never seen any of the matrix movies cept revolutions and this game is great!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/band.gif Anyone who tells you that this game blows really needs to get a taste in games. Really, they do.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/gunsmilie.gif You absolutely have to play this game, really, you do. Really.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/rifle.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/thumbsup.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/walkman.gif --listening to ----->http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/band.gif

BackFire
No, it's a pretty mediocre game actually. If you want a game that uses bullet time more efficiently, go play Max Payne. That way you don't have to deal with the crappy driving levels.

supershane
the game does explane alot about the 3rd movie

wicker_man
To be honest i am not a Matrix fan but i really enjoyed this game, but i have to agree with Backfire and say the driving levels were quite tedious, but then again i am not a big fan of the racing genre, however with that in mind i enjoyed everything else this game had to offer, although lacking the grit of Max Payne, the cool fighting and slow mo were brilliant.

Tex
Merging threads...merged.

Neo_Version 7
Max Payne Vs. Enter the Matrix

A wh0le diferent story?

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. this game was pure unadulterated trash...... if the matrix or its characters werent associated with it, it would have been another mediocre excuse for a group of programs labeled a video game. Sadly my friends had the nerve to buy it after my strict warnings.. -_-)

Obba
I am a Matrix fan. I think the game was a good game at first. Then some moves like: shooting and diving backwards, your hands jerk in and out. A lot of the people who had guns didn't have them in their hands. I am very picky about graphics. I also didn't like how they kept so much a ****en secret. But, I liked the guns and fighting. FIGHTING WAS THE COOLEST. I liked throwing them off cliffs and fighting agents when I stood no chance.

tptmanno1
fighting=cool
post office level=cool
cheatu=cool
niobe/ghost driving=moderate
ghost as gunner when AI drives=WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING WHAT KINDA DRIVING AI IS THAT, IT SUX

overall, pretty good,
but wayyy too short, adn i cant complain enough about the driving AI

the sword was WICKED, try it, take on an Agent with the sword, FUN!

Ushgarak
Yeah, you do kinda get the feeling that the AI Niobe is brain dead, don't you?

SaTsuJiN
Heh, just face it, it was only good for the dvd cutscenes that promised a deeper look into reloaded storyline stick out tongue

its a shame that lady who played the oracle died, she was very talented.

tptmanno1
now do most normal ppl drive straight into walls?
thats what happened in the driving levels,
hey
did you guys notice the trainman in a cut scene. just played it again and saw that,
hes the one who sayd,
48 hours, thats how long zion lasted last time

total metalhead
average game. worth playing if you like the Matrix or if Max Payne's not your thing. it didnt add any new elements of gameplay to the genre but has a good mix of genres, even if the driving is sickeningly bad. plenty of better action games out there.

alic88
i got 2 the RETRIEVING AXEL stage but cant go ahead coz i m not a driving fan and driving in that game sucks

mors823
The Matrix was great, some flaws, but overall excellent. It added to Reloaded and did a good job of sticking to the main idea of the Matrix

el_barto
i liked Enter The Matrix it was fun but i just got bored with it after a while

Lag
What were your favorite moments of the game.

Niobe fighting the Agent in the plane and kicking him out.
Ghost kicking the Agent into the electrical thingy
Running from all of the Simths (this part was particularly awesome)
When I finally figured out how to beat that exile at the end of chateu( I forget his name) on hard.(He had a lot of bugs, but I still thought it was fun.)
Any of the cut-scenes.

Wolfie
If it wasn't set in the Matrix world, everyone wouldn't be disappointed when they found out you couldn't play as Neo. They would say "Alright, a game that's like the Matrix"

Corey Levenson
on the level "get to the hardline", when it says survive for two minutes i have no idea what to do. Someone help please!!

Darth Bandon
What game are you playing?

Tex
Yeah, that would help stick out tongue

wicker_man
Judging by the level title 'Get To The Hardline', i believe the game is Enter The Matrix.

Tex
Hmm.....

JKozzy
When it says "survive for two minutes".... you... get this... TRY TO SURVIVE FOR TWO WHOLE MINUTES!! Just drive around. And survive. For two minutes.

Trinity_Matrix
I just started the game last night, and I couldn't beat that part...I suck at driving games, so I just switched over to Ghost and the game's going a lot easier than it was when I was trying to play Niobe. Focus is a great deal of fun, I think (I love being able to run up and flip off of walls while firing away at the coppertops...heehee). But my copy (I borrowed it from a friend) keeps freezing right at the part where you have to fight the agent helicopter (after sniping out the plane's wheels)...

Anyway, so far I think it's a pretty good game.

JKozzy
Is it a Gamecube disc? The gcn ones have many of them defective...

Trinity_Matrix
No, it's PS2...my friend prolly scratched it on accident ._.

Lag
It won best movie to game adaption. That was exciting for me. I thought everyone else would vote for Two Towers.

Gus The PI
But the driving options left something to be desired. Especially with Ghost

Rogue Jedi
this game rocks hard!!!!!

Frag Maniac
Can anyone explain this in simpler terms please?

Play As Neo:
With this trick you will be able to play with Neo skin.

In "Actors" rename the Ghost_Costume(XX).dcx files to .bak after that copy Neo.dcx to Ghost_Costume(XX).dcx (eg. Neo.dcx -> Ghost_Costume01.dcx and so on) This trick also works for any other character in the game.

...I saw this on a couple of Google search links when I found out the play as Neo code does not work, but it's rather confusing to me. First they tell you to rename the Ghost_Costume files to .baks, then they seem to be telling you to put the Neo.dcx file in the originally labeled Ghost files. Or, do they mean to rename the Neo.dcx to Ghost_Costume01.dcx when they say "->". Sorry for my lack of scripting terminology skills, but I thought they meant pathway, ie: Neo.dcx inside the ghost_Costume01.dcx file.

Which way is it?

(EDITED) OK, I think I may understand it now, they use the word copy with the Neo file because you need to use a copy of it for each of the Ghost_Costume files you rename it to, of which there are 6. Sound right?

Frag Maniac
Missed the edit time after trying this tweak. Well, I managed to get Neo to appear, but as soon as you get to the bank, it shows Neo briefly, then crashes. Oddly enough though, he appears all through the first cutscene (which I didn't expect) with no problems, other than him being so tall half his head sticks out the top of the car!LOL

As far as I know, I did it right. I took six different copies of Neo.dcx, renamed them to Ghost_Costume01.dcx, Ghost_Costume02.dcx, Ghost_Costume03.dcx, Ghost_Costume04.dcx, Ghost_Costume04b.dcx, and Ghost_Costume05.dcx., after renaming the original Ghost_Costume files to .baks.

I even relocated the original Ghost_Costume files that had been renamed to .baks and the original Neo.dcx file in case they were interfering after getting the crashing problem.

The only thing I can figure is that maybe this tweak only works for the original unpatched version. I happen to have the DVD version which includes the patch.

Mišt
You have to go into the models folder, rename Neo's file as all of Ghosts's files, (copy them somewhere else so you dont stuff up). No cheats work that I know of, Ive tried heaps. So yeah, you've done it right, and Neo will appear in the cutscenes now because Ghost's skins no longer exist.

You dont have to rename Ghost's files to .bak, just cut them and paste them somewhere so you dont lose them. And you wont have to touch Neo's original file either, I dont even know what the hell its in there for.

And you should turn Niobe into Trinity, it looks a lot cooler when Neo and Trinity are doing stuff together.

Frag Maniac

Mišt
Probably because of your patch, I have the older game and it works fine...get Path of Neo if you want to play as Neo though.

Frag Maniac

Mišt
I have no idea...did the game install with the patch automatically, or did you have to install it yourself?

Frag Maniac

Darth Martin
HELP!!!!(Enter The Matrix)

On the game Enter The Matrix for PS2 how do you use the hacking system. What do you type first of whatever. I'm confused please reply.

InnerRise
In the little booklet that comes with the game, there are instructions inside that tell you how to use the hacking system.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Darth Martin
I don't have that book. But do you type cheat.exe or the code.exe or what. Can anyone help?

SpadeKing
......you are just now playing this game? huh

Darth Martin
No I"ve had it since it came out buit forgot how to use the cheat code system. I wanted to get unlimited focus and all weapons.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No I"ve had it since it came out buit forgot how to use the cheat code system. I wanted to get unlimited focus and all weapons.

www.gamefaqs.com .. its your best friend

Darth Martin
Thanks man!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.