Raging Bull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I just saw Raging Bull for the first time today. Wow! What a great film!

I wish Robert DeNiro would be picker about his roles nowadays. All of his old stuff is excelent! Now (though he still makes pretty good movies) he makes some real stinkers.

ToMacco
. . . don't everybody reply at once. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
. . . fine! You guys suck! big grin

Ushgarak
Raging Bull is one of those all-time classics. But you can't expect anyone to only EVER do classic films...

ToMacco
Well, that's true. And I'm not even saying that what DeNiro does these days is bad. His last few movies "Meet the Parents" "The Score" were pretty good. But movies like "15 minutes" I think he should pass on.

Some of his movies are just classic, though! "Raging Bull" "The Godfather Part II" I havn't seen "Taxi Driver". "Goodfellas". I'm obviously missing a few.

When I saw "Raging Bull" the other day, I'm convinced that DeNiro is the greatest actor of his generation. Of course, the greatest actor of this generation, is Tom Hanks.

Cinemaddiction
I saw "Raging Bull" this morning. While DeNiro's perfomance I found a little less than what was hyped, it was a pretty good movie overall. I didn't like the lack of structure in parts, and Scorsese's begging for sympathy for Jake, when he wasn't at all as self desructive as we were thought to believe. He was just over-zealous and a little paranoid. Nothing more.

eleveninches
I got it on DVD and still havnt seen it yet.

Deathblow
It's a great movie, but I agree DeNiro's performance isn't as flawless as many people think. Anyone who's seen Taxi Driver will know how amazing he can really be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.