Attack of the Clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Man, I just cannot wait for this film, guys and gals.

All of this speculation and spoiler crap pisses me right off. I just want to sit down, and watch the damn thing! Lucas is a bastard for making us wait like this!

Ushgarak
It's simply not finished.

ToMacco
Well, the fat bastard should get his ass in gear! big grin

Ushgarak
Careful, you'll give him another heart attack...

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Did he really have a heart attack? confused

Ushgarak
Yup, while working on ANH, in fact.

ToMacco
What a dork! How old was he when Episode IV came out?

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
To...apparently you haven't read my siggie. Watch what you say about the man...or there'll be consequence to pay evil face mad evil face

Ratcat
Sorry to bring a downer, but can we lighten up on the profanity, please?

ToMacco
George Lucas is a greedy man.

He's doing all this to make more money. Why hasn't he relased Star Wars on DVD yet? Because he will make a lot more money when he finally does release it.

He will make hundreds of millions of dollars for the next movie alone. He'll make more money with the licensing that he will from the film.

Lucas should loan me some money.

yerssot
and you can begine with asking:
why not on CD-I ???

Because almost nobody has it! He didn't knew that of DVD so he waited

ToMacco
. . . what?

yerssot
I know

ToMacco
No, what did you mean by that?

yerssot
Why didn't he brought SW out on CD-I?
Because it's not popular
for the same reason he waited for the DVD; I think

ToMacco
Maybe.

Personally, I think he's a greedy (edited by Dim). He waits until drooling fans will pay any price, then he releases it.

I'd do the same thing! He's a smart guy. He's a marketing genius! But he's a jerk for making people wait.

yerssot
he DID make SW after all so I won't complain if I were you

ToMacco
Yeah, well. . . (edited by Dim)!

King Jedi
Tomacco what's your problem? mad mad

If Lucas was only interested in money he would have released a SW film every year since 1997, he would be making an army of Darth Mauls for AOTC not an 80 year old actor as the main bad guy. Grow up!

Dim
To, cool it with the names/profanity..as RC said before (and I meant to but forgot to include it in my post) we don't need it..

And I don't want to see curse words with asterisks either...you can get your point across without cursing.

yerssot
there goes his day...

Ushgarak
This is one big juju-flop situation...

ToMacco
King Jedi, he doesn't need to make a movie every year. He makes more money from toys and putting the Star Wars logo on a Pepsi can than he does from the movie.

Grow Up?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Dim, I like to swear. So BACK OFF!!! big grin

Texas
I'm going to marry his fat daughter Lion or Panther or Tiger, or whatever the h.e.(double hockey sticks) her name is! Then I'll dump the whale and squander her dough evil face smokin'

ToMacco
That's a good idea. I'll be the best man at your wedding. Then you can buy me a beer.

Texas
Kewl! I'll put you in charge of making sure GL doesn't attack and raid the buffet! big grin

ToMacco
Too late!

Texas
*C3PO voice*Typical roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Lucas is the type of person who would copyright his own daughters wedding.

Dim
To..don't push it..I"m tired.

And I expect the comments about Lucas's daughter to stop..they're stupid and she's not the topic.

queeq
But she could be. evil face

Texas
There was only one comment about that whale. That their stupid is your OPINION roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Texas and stupid ; haven't known it otherwhise...

Texas
.....that's cause you dont know much........

yerssot
is that ALL you can think of?

Ushgarak
Listen to the mods, guys. Whether you agree with them or not their word is law here. If you have a complaint to make do it via PM; keep it off the boards.

ToMacco
lighten up, Dim

queeq
Fighting only in the GDF please. Get back on topic or this thread dies.

ToMacco
No one is fighting. Tex and I were goofing around, and Dim got all pissed off.

queeq
Nevertheless, pure GDF stuff.

ToMacco
Dim wink Who loves you more than me?

queeq
I do. big grin

ToMacco
Woo-hoo! big grin

Texas
*To get back on topic and make this thread less awkward*

I cant wait to see what 'pod race' type of excitement AOTC will provide. I'm sure it will have some kick ass fighting smokin'

yerssot
you mean the speed-scene in every movie?
Ob1 will hang on a speeder and he fights a bounty hunter at the same time

About the fighting: you know that already

queeq
Yup, that's it.

yerssot
he could also talk about the fighting scenes; which must be impressif from what I'm hearing!

queeq
What ARE you hearing?

yerssot
Yoda and Dooku, Dooku and OB1 with Anakin; Mace and the Reek, the battle in the arena and the Jedi on board of a ship for destroying perpuses ofcourse

queeq
Oh those. Yes, that looks very exiting. I noticed a SPy Report on TFN about the big fight today, didn't read it though.

yerssot
another one or reshooting?

queeq
As I said: I didn't read it.

sand person no. 10
on tpm commentary, lucas says that he likes to cram as many different stories into one thing at once, there were 4 fights at the end of tpm, so here's hoping for 5 this time, in fact if you look at it in anh there was 1 fight, in esb 2 fights, in rotj 3, coincidence i think so. smile

Ushgarak
It was too many on both ROTJ and TPM. The others worked better. I hope they don;t start being too ridiculous.

sand person no. 10
I must say, i would have preffered it if they had just concentrated more on the jedi/sith fight and the space battle as in previous films.

Ushgarak
Indeed. For example, the ROTJ space battle was hardly inspiroing and as for the ground battle... but the final confrontation oif Luke was great, but the other stuff got in the way.

In TPM, the sabre fight was excellent, of course, but proabbly too short to be ALL on its own. So we have the Gungan battle, which was fair enough and a technical triupmh (though queeq thinks it was Disney-like). But then there was ALSO Amidala's ground battle, which was just dull, and the space battle, which felt virtually pointless and was highy uninspired. Of course, they all fulfilled important plot roles, but they needn't have done; I think they should keep things a bit tighter.

And the best battles are still Yavin and Hoth; the ones done on their own with no interference.

ToMacco
Yeah, I'm with Ush on this one (for the first time big grin )

The end of "The Phantom Menace" gives me a headache to watch! There's too much going on. No one thought that the queen or her soldiars would get killed. We all hoped Jar Jar would die, but he didn't. And we knew Anakin wasn't going to die. The only interesting part was duel of the fates.

I think Lucas wanted to establish that the rest of the trillogy would still be land based, air based, and sabre based action.

queeq
The ROTJ end battles never bothered me that much. There was this weird contrast with Tarzan fun on the ground and dark Sith stuff in DS2, but at leat I got what was going on.
I really could not make out what was going on in the TPM space battle, the ships were too much alike.
And the ground battle, altough great effects, was pretty emotionless. I couldn't care less about the *here it comes* Disney Gungans.
Three fights work nice for me, but I agree with Ush's preference for the named battles of Hoth and Yavin.

sand person no. 10
ah yes i can see how bright yellow and dark grey can appear so similar big grin

yerssot
my first impression was that the space battle in TPM was strange; I didn't had a proper view on the 'baddies' in that section of the movie...

queeq
In close shots you could see the difference, but mostly the ships were too far off, too small in the shots. And everything is going so fast, you can't properly make out who's who? Also, the Naboo Fighters are also gray on the bottom.

Trust me, I'm not the only one who considered this a problem. The OT had cleverer design to distinguish goodies and baddies.

yerssot
I feel much better now! big grin

I hope this will change bigtime in EpII

ToMacco
a lot of things better change for Episode II mad

finti
cheer up ypu o`Mr Negative

ToMacco
Hmm. I usually have a pretty optimistic approach on things!

But if Episode II sucks, I'm gonna whop Lucas's ass! smile

queeq
After seeing the DVD and that GL didn't seem too impressed with what he'd made, I am VERY optimistic for AOTC. I'm sure he learned a lot from this experience.

Texas
I really had my hopes up for TPM. With ATOC, my hopes on the back burner.

queeq
I was quite neutral in my expectancy of TPM myself. But since the DVD things changed for me in looking forward to AOTC.

King Jedi
The only thing I wanted from TPM was to see something different to what we had before and that's what we got so I was happy.

Queeq what gave you the impression Lucas wasn't happy with what he made? Are you talking about when they were watching the first cut?

Texas
I thought he seemed impressed. I mean in the beginning of the documentary he didn't know what to expect and really didn't know if they were going to be able to pull it off. Maybe that's why he's filming in digital for AOTC. Maybe TPM didn't look right to him confused

queeq
No, there were some crucial problems with that rough cut. VERY crucial problems, namely that everythingws quite incoherent. That it told several stories that seemed very apart from each other. And then there were things like action, drama and humour following each other abruptly and inappropriately. Trust me, I KNOW that Lucas and Burtt were not happy at all with the storyline. I'm not talking about effects or design here, I mean that's excellent all that. No. it's about the story.
And the same thing was a bit in the other docs. Lots of between the lines stuff, but there was a serious story problem with that rough cut. I was surprised by the candor of showing that. And they fixed a lot, but definately not all of it.

Also, you could see that they wanted a lot of stuff in. THe pod race grid (reinstated partly) with nonsensical additions that slows down the pace of the movie. YEt, Lucas did want that at first. He intended a a very long pod race but found out during editing that that was way too long. There were more sequences or additions that were dropped.
Lucas's line: "I may have gone too far this time." His explanations that he wanted to put too much in it, and experiment how many things he could tell at the same time (e.g. the four battles at the end). I'm sure he saw afterwards that it didn't work very well, his disappointment was subtly there.

Texas
The only problem I had with the story is that it was not funny at all! The only funny bit was C3PO's naked bit.

queeq
Same here. Most of the funny bits were not funny really. I liked the "parts showing" line very much though.

yerssot
all depends on your own point of view about humor

queeq
Did you laugh a lot about JarJar, yerss? My wife did. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
I didn't say that!
GL thought Jar Jar was 'bigga fun'

queeq
So? I was just asking.... and I think GL did kinda change his mind a little about that.

yerssot
when?

queeq
Since we know JarJar has a very minor part in AOTC.

yerssot
that's because he isn't a main character

queeq
That was my point.

finti
And boy are we glad

queeq
You should be. evil face

finti
I am evil face

queeq
Boy, are we in unison today. big grin

finti
We are smile

Dim
roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes, you're like twin..it's freaky.

Poor JarJar..

yerssot
it's not the language that he uses...
that was bombad big grin

queeq
Nah, it was the lame jokes. Two poop jokes. Did you notice on the DVD deleted Pod race grid scene that the Eopie originally farted twice?? How awful.

yerssot
you have to admit that little children have a sense of humor about that...

queeq
Yes, you do. big grin

King Jedi
How can a "poop" joke cause so much stink? It was harmless. It doesn't alter anything about the story. I don't care if it's there or not. It doesn't matter.

yerssot
I was refering to your wife actually...

ToMacco
eek! embarrasment eek!

Texas
I think Jar Jar's a virgin

ToMacco
Wasn't Jar Jar supposed to be like, 3 years old? His package wouldn't work yet! wink

yerssot
Jar Jar was indeed a young lad. He had an orange skincolor; take Captain Tarpals: he is like green of something and he has those skin-thingies that look like a beard. That's an adult. The rumor has it that Jar Jar will be an adult in EpII

King Jedi
Of course he will be, it's 10 years later.

queeq
JarJar green? like Greedo?????????

yerssot
green like Tarpals

queeq
No orange goo then? sad

I thought that remark was prophectical.

yerssot
laughing out loud

Texas
I wish Jar Jar grows into an invisible color in EP2 stick out tongue

yerssot
Let him have it!
If you look at Ahmeds Best explanation on the DVD you will know that Jar Jar is the one that wants to fit in and is just clumsy...

mah
i've been all supportive for ja jar and all that, but do we really need to see him in AotC?? stick out tongue

yerssot
well he is a senator now, and he will be a vital character in aproving the clone-army, a decision made because Amidala and Palpa asked him for that

Ushgarak
Well, probably...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.