Tarantino's Best Flick ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
Which do you like the best ? You can tell mine by mi siggie.

Corran
I take it we are not including From Dusk 'til Dawn then?

Corlindel
"From dusk till dawn" have his production with R Rodriguez direction, but it have the most sensual/sexual dance scene with Selma Hayek. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corlindel
The best for me is "Reservoir Dogs"

Evil Dead
My vote is for Reservoir Dogs....................

Pablo G
That's right, Tarantino wrote but not direct.

Evil Dead
I didn't know Tarrantino wrote From Dusk 'till Dawn..........I thought he just produced/acted in it..........hmmm.......you learn something new every day.

Pablo G
He's planning to direct a horror movie, that would be sooo cool.

Evil Dead
ooooh.......I don't know about that now. I'm a huge horror fan so I have to throw my two cents in here...........

Tarantino definetely has a unique style of directing..........he tends to tell a story in a non-linear fashion, which is excellent. I like movies you have to piece together a bit. That just doesn't fit with the horror genre. For maximum effect, horror movies should be told in the most linear way possible.........to witness the progression of the film. Alot of horror flicks (mostly Italian) have non-linear aspects but the stories do tend to still flow sequentially.............could you imagine watching a horror movie that is cut up into different segments and placed out of chronological order like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or Kill Bill? I just don't think it would be all that good.

Tired Hiker
I don't think that sequential order is too important to witness the progression of a film. Pulp Fiction was all out of order and progressed amazingly. Pulp Fiction's last scene was the smartest way to end the movie because of the emotions it puts the viewer through. If it had been edited in chronological order we would have seen Bruce Willis and his girlfriend leave on the Chopper as the last scene. That wouldn't have been as affective. One of the most amazing things about Pulp Fiction is how you can like both John Travolta's character as well as Bruce Willis's, yet they are bitter enemies. Most movies have to make you hate the antagonist for them to get killed off by the protagonist. In Pulp, they were both protagonists.

Kes
I've seen Kill Bill Vol.1, Jackie Brow and Pulp Fiction.
Didnt like Pulp Fiction, didnt like Jackie Brown I liked Kill Bill so my fave and there for best in my opinion is KB lol.

Pablo G
You didn't like pulp ?

Discos
I voted reservoir Dogs, too right its the greatest flick yet,

Me and my friends actually became the "dogs" for about 2 month with wearing suits and having the code names.

Discos - aka Mr. Pink

plenTpak52
Mine goes to Pulp. Not only is it an awesome story with great acting and presentation, its ****ing hilarious!! Next would be Kill Bill, then Reservoir Dogs. Dogs and Bill are pretty much tied though. I haven't seen Jackie Brown.

I love the part in Dogs though when Joe assigns them their names and Steve Bucemi gets Pink...

PINK
"Hey why am I Mr. Pink?"

JOE
"Because you're a ******! Alright?"

vvvrulz
I didnt really like pulp either actually, but thats much after ive heard all the hype and probably expected too much. KB would have to be my fav from that lot.

BackFire
Pulp Fiction simply because it is one of the most unique films in recent memory.

Kes
Yeh I saw the movie after hearing waaaaaaay too much about it too.I expected so much that ended up very disappointed.
I like the editing, thats it.

Tex
Reservoir Dogs would have to be my least favorite, Best Flick is hands down Pulp Fiction, my favorite would have to be Kill Bill, with Jackie Brown a close second.

JB really doesn't get the respect it deserves, I absolutely love that movie! thumb up

BidMyBlood2Run
OTHER: From Dusk Till Dawn

SilverFighter
This is soooooooo hard!!!!!!!!! I can't decide sad I mean all of them are just great! I'll be back must do some reviewing.

I can't pick just one! HEEEELP!!

amlap
reservoir dogs is my fav.

and about the horror movie. one thing to remember is that when quentin choose a certain genre of movies he usually sticks with the strongest most reconizable assests to that genre. this guy is a video genius, and im not just saying that because i like his movies, but he knows everything there is to film. i mean this guy prob has seen thousands or more movies.
as far as the non-linear, he lays out his movies as books would be writting. so i believe he could def pull it off with making it fit. if not i would love to see his take on a movie that is striaght linear! but idoubt that will ever happen.
he wouldnt have to worry bout the gore, because i think the battle in Kill Bill proves enough. and suspence... well when i saw first reservoir dogs, i was crasy frantic to see who dies!

Punker69
A horror movie would be awesome.If he made it it would probaly go down as one of the best horror movies.Hes so cool!!

amlap
wouldnt go that far, but im sure it will be a whole new kind of horror

Dogbert
pulp fiction is my fav big grin

a horror QT flick sounds cool.

Pablo G
Can't wait for KB 2 !

SilverFighter
yes

badkittykitty
I'm not a huge horror fan but I'm sure I'd become one if QT did one...it would rock hard!!

total metalhead
i couldnt decide between Pulp Fiction or Resevoir Dogs erm

Samas-adian
Pulp Fiction would be my favorite because I find that the dialog is hilarious. KB and then Jackie Brown after that.

And... where did people find that QT is doing a horror flick?
I thought he was doing an war movie called Inglorious Bastards?

roundisfunny
A friend and I dressed as Jules and Vincent for Halloween one year. I put on a big afro wig, and he wore a vampire wig that was as close as we could get to a Vincent wig (though it made him look more like Eddie Munster).

Back in the day, Tarantino used to dress as his movie icons. Chow-Yun Fat's character in "A Better Tomorrow" wore a long, black duster and chewed a toothpick, and Tarantino said that he adopted the same accessories for a couple of months in emulation of the role.

badkittykitty
I just bought my copy of true romance yay!

sarahvma
I'd say... just because Pulp Fiction was so over-hyped by the time that I saw it.. and Reservoir Dogs was so under-hyped, they ended up tying for first... and then KB 2 was a better story than KB1, so my list is like this:

1) Reservoir Dogs (Dogs has a slight advantage)
2) Pulp Fiction
3) Kill Bill Vol.2 (also pretty much tied with Fiction)
4) Kill Bill Vol.1

Damn it's hard to pick a favorite... stupid brilliant filmmaker! mad

SenshiNaka
1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Kill Bill (As a Whole)
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Jackie Brown

sarahvma
Yay! Someone else agrees... I don't know why I like Dogs better... I mean, Fiction is obviously a more funny, entertaining movie, but you can watch Dogs forever and never, ever get bored.

Myth
So you are saying that you get bored of Pulp? *GASP!*

sarahvma
Nah - I'm not bored of Pulp, it's still a great, great movie. But I was a little bored the first time I saw Dogs, so every time I see it, it gets better and better. I think what I meant was that it's now on par with Fiction, but because of its re-watchable factor, I put it first.

SenshiNaka
I just like Reservoir Dogs more then Pulp Fiction. Probably because of the characters.

burlyman
Pulp Fiction!! big grin

dave123
hard to say....

hmm, i'll come back to this big grin

sarahvma
Well.. I mean, Pulp Fiction has the best story, Kill Bill is probably the hardest thing he's had to do, and it's highly fluff entertainment, Reservoir Dogs has the best characters... and I've never actually seen Jackie Brown. So I guess it all depends on what you want out of the movie.

Pablo G
Jackie Brown while it does have some entertaining dialogue like all Tarantino flicks it just doesn't fit in with the other ones. It probably has to do with the fact that it was not 100% Tarantino but more of a Rum Punch adaptation. And it's too long for it's own good, definetely the black sheep of the QT flock without being bad.

Pablo G
Kinda like The Godfather III it's not bad, but it's not on par with the other ones.

sarahvma
I think "all" should have been an option.

burlyman
Empire magazine rated RD as #1 of the 15 most influential films of our lifetime big grin

sarahvma
That makes sense - anyone seen Boondock Saints? They basically put RD and PF in a blender and added a hint of ale for an Irish twist. It is good, though.

burlyman
No, cool, I'll be sure to rent (download) that soon yes

sarahvma
lol
We really have to stop doing this. That was a good one, by the way.

sarahvma
Empire magazine's English. The English LOVED Reservoir Dogs. It's way more popular over there than it is here. My English (meaning British, not the subject) socials teacher gave me this look of "you're too young for that" when I mentioned it in class one time. All of my Canadian teachers have never heard of it... or maybe they just don't want to admit it.. laughing out loud

Arachnoidfreak
hmm, is this all the movies he wrote or just directed? ive only seen one person mention True Romance, which is one of my favorites, and a few mentioned Dusk til' Dawn. both were great. as for his directed ones, Pulp Fiction is my favorite by a long shot. just that scene where Vencent blows that guy's brains all over the car by accident beats out the other movies...well, in my opinion.

SeptemberRain
Pulp Fiction all the way! big grin

sarahvma
Maybe I just wanna say Dogs to tread the unbeaten path, but the more I watch it, the more I prefer it to Fiction.

badkittykitty
I think I re-watch RD more than pulp..it's really hard to choose between the 2

Pablo G
I loved Kill Bill because it's very different from the other ones, Vol.1 is more of an action film, Vol.2 is more talk and less action which is more of a Tarantino film while the setting is still different. Since his first three movies deal more with crime and jail, Kill Bill Vol. 1 stands out as being different from any other movie of his.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.