cAST aWAY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
iN MY OPINON (AND i KNOW YOU ALL HONOR IT) THIS IS tOM hANKS'S BEST PERFORMANCE

LanceWindu
I like the part where he get's mad at Wilson and he throws him out of the cave, and then he goes all crazy trying to find him.

ToMacco
Right after he throws him out of the cave, hanks goes "that shut up!" :d

FLIPMODE
I agree, I really love that movie. It's So REFRESHING.

ToMacco
Hanks got hosed at the Oscars.

mah
the film wasn't very good, i think, but hanks saved it so it ended up okay.

ToMacco
There are a lot of people who love this film and a lot of people who don't like it.

I think it's an important, and bold film. I think it should be seen, because it is one of the greatest acting performances of any film ever made.

FLIPMODE
Not only that, ( and I agree with you), BUT, I LOVED THIS FILM!!!

Talk about a breath of Fresh air. No OTHER characters, not a typical film. Sure it's just a guy on an Island. But sometimes, dont you think that almos EVERY movie is re-dundant in a major way?

People are looking for more creative films, better writting, this movie basically SCRAPPED alot of expected things you might see in ALL movies.

The beggining and End established relations with the other actors in the movie.

The a MAJORITY of this movie, was just the audience and Tom Hanks!! Not once whil Tom Hanks was on that Island, did WE the audience get to go back to civilization to see what all his relatives were doing, not once did we get to see ANYTHING ELSE besides what is going on with the main character. AMAZING!! This movie, for the first time, (I give partial credit to M:I, and 2001) used time, EFFECTIVLY. You knew this man was TRAPPED. Not implied at all. just the fact alone that they took the time to create this feeling in the viewer, justifies, great creativity, and praise of being a great movie to me.

Ofcourse movies with multiple complex characters, juggled over an outrageous setting, is good, but lets face it, there are TOO many movies following this BASIC, EXPECTED structure to films.

Im ready to see films of a different sort. Sometimes when I watch movies these day's that follow the basic structure, no matter how complex, and that do not do something so drastic as Cast Away, It's Like I can almost Predict what's going to happen.
Movie's are too often presented as math problems, and before it's start's you've got the answer.

Anyone see the Bone collector? I knew who the killer was at the beggining of the movie.

finti
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JediOasis
I agree that it was a very good film, but Russell Crowe gave a great performance in Gladiator too. IMHO the Oscar could have gone either way.

ToMacco
Nope. Hanks hands down gave a better performance.

JO go back and watch both again. You'll see. Then you'll appologize. . . then. . . you'll . . .polish my shoes? confused big grin

LanceWindu
Personally I though Gladiator sucked ass.

ToMacco
Gladiator does suck!

Aquarius87
WILSON IS THA MAN
he's my faveroute character.
hehe.

Aquarius87
WILSON IS THE BALL (Substitue for man)
Its so great how they put shit like that in movies,also its amazing how a chuck (Tom hanks) creates his own friend,and communicates with him as though he were human,for 4 yrs!.How cute was it though!
hehe. laughing out loud

ToMacco
Wilson rules

Gundark
Once again Gundy is a year behind. Just saw "Castaway" on video and loved it. Tom (my other half) feel asleep, said it was stupid. Well he's an idiot about movies anyway.

I thought it was totally cool. And I'm glad they didn't have him and Helen Hunt get back together at the end. It would have been stupid and unbelievable.

He made pretty good use of the ice skates. And poor Wilson, floating off at the end there.....

ToMacco
That was sad, wasn't it sad

One thing I also really liked about the movie was that it never did any flashbacks, or showed what was happening back home. It gave the film a better sense of isolation.

LanceWindu
You guys do know this movie is based on true events right?

Gundark
Actually, no I didn't know that.

ToMacco
confused Who told you that, Lance?

LanceWindu
I read it somewhere. I can't remember where.

Ushgarak
No, not really it isn't. It is based, very loosely, on the earlier film of a similiar nature but dissimilar plot which was in tuen rather more solidly based on Lucy Irvine's 1983 book, which this fi;m is absolutly nothing like. It is not a true story.

finti
This movie is now a legally prescription as sleeping pills

Dim
Well, I liked it..

Jack in the Box has a commercial spoofing it now..pretty funny stuff.

LanceWindu
I haven't seen that commercial yet. What do they do in it?

Dim
THe Jack Ball washes up on the island endlessly talks about the 99 cent menu. Finally the guy gets pissed and snaps back I don't have 99 cents and there's no Jack in the Box on the island!

it's funnier when you see it laughing out loud

finti
Yeah well Castaway sur as hell wasnt funny

Dim
Nope..not reallly..the Tooth-Ice skate thing was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me.

Thomas H
Wilson rocks!!!smile eek! laughing out loud

ToMacco
Oh, come on finti, Cast Away had a few funny parts.

finti
must have been the plain crash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.