Respecting Others' Opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Espantada20
People need to start respecting other user's opinion's and not bash them for it.If you do not agree with someone else's opinion go ahead and post your disagreement or your own opinion,but don't go onto a thread and try to belittle them.I myself do not appreciate being singled out because what I have to say isn't what someone else wants to hear.So if you have a problem with my or someone else's statement,don't go out of your way to try to make them look bad.Go ahead and say what you gotta say about the opinion or your own opinion.I won't name names(Ash007)but posting ignorant crap about myself and Freak.com in MJ thread was out of line.If you don't like it,oh ****ing well.Deal with it.I stand by my statements and my opinion's,but I don't bach other user's for what they say,so be a little more respectful toward your peers.

Tired Hiker
I agree. I've been getting alot of slack for being 30 years old and hanging on a movie forum. I just don't see it. I have no idea why people connect being a loser with being 30 on a movie forum. I love checking out Movie Trailers, Rumors and News, learning about directors and actors, you can be any age to enjoy those things. I connect with many people here because we like movies, that is our common interest that brought us all here. I usually don't even know the age of the people I reply to and I don't care, but when people refer to me as a pedophile just cuz I'm 30 and like movies? Ridiculous. Leave me alone if you have nothing positive or relevant to say.

Espantada20
I know how you feel Hiker.I think it's time to regulate.JK.But seriously,user's need to respect what other user's have to say and not jump all over the user's for their opinion on something.No one here has the right to disrespect another user.

Fire
lol TH I had no idea you were 30 , never would have guessed

anywayz totaly agree with you both luckly, most of this disobaying the rules hasn't gone much further than OTF

Espantada20
Hell yeah it has.

Tired Hiker
I'm just an immature old man, I know. wink

Fire
well I still think that if it goes overboard in any other sections the mods are quick enough to respond

Tired Hiker
I respect the mods here too. I know of people who have issues with the mods, but usually it is the person, not the mod, who has some sort of control or ego issue.

Fire
yea indeed, tho sometimes I feel controle could be a bit tighter in this place

Tired Hiker
Not that mods aren't 'persons' . smile

Tired Hiker
That's why I should be a mod on the otf! I'm always here. big grin Like that would ever happen.

Fire
most mods are very nice ppl-except for finti stick out tongue-

Raz
Please report all bashing posts so we can take action if needs be.

There are thousands of posts on these forums everyday and it is impossible for the mod team to keep up with them all. You would help us out a lot if you just hit the 'Report to Moderators' button. All reports are kept confidential.

Espantada20
I don't think the mods do anything about the personal attacks on other user's,not to say they're not doing their jobs.I think they're really busy getting rid of the smut on the forums so the disrespect thing is a secondary issue.Time to recruit more mods so they can smack down on the offenders.Hee hee hee.

Fire
hmm espantada20 I don't see where you get that idea

every complaint I had in the last 3 years has been answered very fast, atleast it was fast in my opinion. Sure not always did the mods agree with me. But they did look at my problem and took some actions.

like Raz said REPORT as much as you can. even if you aren't sure.
and heck everyone can now this I even report bashing that isn't directed to me

Raz
I personally look at every single reported post and try to take the best action. Nothing is ignored or sidelined.

Tex
There's too many posts to mod effectively, that's why we have the 'Report Post' option.

And if someone is giving you a hard time or being nasty and inappropriate, please PM one of the mods.

Violators will be treated accordingly! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/death.gif

But you're right, people should respect each other to begin with!

Fire
darn than I have given you a lot of work raz. seeing as I use that report button, every time I see something to is IMO out off line or should be looked at or moved

Espantada20
Alright then.I will be the OTF Informant.

Raz
No, don't be silly. The reports help us out a lot.

Fire
ooh the mighty Tex has spoken

Tired Hiker
I still think the mods should be able to ZAP people with the special ZAP button that shocks you through your keyboard when you are being bad.

Espantada20
So as an informant,how much do I get paid?JK.Hee hee hee.

Fire
yea that'd be sweet TH

if informants get paid I'd be rich

Espantada20
That would be nice.Zap the people.Yeah.Nice.

ash007
Hey all i said was that i did not agree with Espantada20 and other posters saying that its a good dead to burn someone alive and to chop there heads of. I mean hey theres nothing wrong with saying that is there!
Also you accused me of singnling you out. But thats exactually what you just did to me. i mean can't you make up your mind which rules to stick to

Espantada20
Actually you said that Freak.com and I were what was wrong with society.Take another look.

Espantada20
And I used you as an example.

Fire
Ash that can be quite harsh, ofcourse it is possible you didn't mean it. but always consider you can not prodict how other ppl will react to it. so try to think of that before you post anything. true I forget that myself from time to time but I try to

lil bitchiness
Yeah....blink id just like to point out that....especially coming from Tex....about nastyness and hard time...

ash007
so you are saying killing is ok and that it doesn't affect societ in genaral.

And what i meant was that comments like that are whats wrong with society. If i did make it look like i was pointing the blame at you then i Apologise i never meant to write that you are th emain causes of society i only meant the comments thats all

Fire
I have to agree with ash on that tho

wicker_man
Everyone on this site has their own personal opnions, a forum is their for us to share these opinions to others with similar tastes (i.e. the large majority of us were first attracted here by films), this makes each of us unique and no matter how much we disagree with someones opnion we need to remember that we need to respect it as we would want fellow members to respect ours.

Fire
nice post

wicker man

lil bitchiness
Yeah..like me and wicker on the subject of Tool...no one got insulted!

Bhang
**sits bareass on keyboard waiting for a ZAP from Raz...

............waiting...

Fire
hehe

wicker_man
Thats correct although me lil' B have opposing views on the rock band 'Tool' the discussion did not turn into a insult throwing match.

Espantada20
What i said was MY PERSONAL OPINION.I have a right to my opinion.I didn't personally attack anyone else for their opinion.So you should show the same respect.

Bhang
Who the hell are you talking to?? No need to get all psycho

Shoukan
Seems to me that you bhang are bashing her opinion

Espantada20
My post was directed at Ash007.Not you Bhang and I don't think I was going all psycho.

lil bitchiness
Sometimes when people defend their own point of view it looks like opinion bashing...everyone does it.
Calling someone names and personaly insulting someone is openion (and person) bashing

Espantada20
I'm not tripping off of opinion bashing.That's all good and fine.I don't think it's right to bash the person who's opinion it is.If someone doesn't like the opinion they can say so and post their own opinion,but to turn around and bash the person is outta line.I don't care if someone doesn't like my opinion and just don't appreciate being bashed and called the reason society is ****ed up.Because society is ****ed up all on it's own.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...thats what i just said...

Espantada20
Well I had to go into detail.

lil bitchiness
big grin

Why didnt you report it to mods...?!

Bhang
Well, that is your opinon stick out tongue

Espantada20
I already did.

Bhang
So did I! damn bashers!

lil bitchiness
blink o...k!

Espantada20
Geez calm down.

Tired Hiker
Here, maybe this will help . . .http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif

BackFire
Being bashed for my opinion never really bothered me, too me it just makes the other person look like a complete idiot, which is usually the case if they are putting someone down personally for their thoughts or feelings.

Pablo G
BF, long time no see

slayer
Ditto wat Bf said. Ppl can think all day want i don't care!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.