USH'S MATRIX GAME: FIRST ASSIGNMENT- 'Codecracker'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
FULL ASSIGNMENT DETAILS

Assignment Name: Codecracker

Objective: To covertly take the new encryption code for the Machine security network in the Matrix.

Details: Surveillance has revealed the timing of the next changeover of Machine codes in the Matrix. Appropriation of this Code will give us four months unrestricted access to Machine communications- so long as they do not realise we have done it.

A Courier carrying the new codes in a USB storage device will arrive shortly after midday at the airport. The Courier is human- he is part of the standard law enforcment system carrying codes for the police and state authorities, that the Machines will make use of as well. The Machines do not think he will be targetted. Nonetheless he will be met by considerable conventional security once he leaves the airport. There will be a window of between five and ten minutes during which he will journey between the plane and the outside of the airport lobby. In this time, the USB storage device he carries must be taken from him, the data on it copied, and the device returned to him, without him knowing. If this is done, the Machine Security network will be blown wide open for four months.

COMMENTS- by Locke.

"This is a smart person's mission. This isn't a case of killing things. If there is any shooting or disturbance at all, the Machines will work out what we are trying to do and the whole thing becomes a waste of time. Keep your nerve, and do it right. The payback on this simple mission will be enormous.

"The crew of the Shez and those sent from the Percy are expected to work together well on this one- but this is Captain Dallas' operation overall.

"How you chose to do this misison is entirely up to you. Just do it right."

SPECIAL RULES:

Opening Mission: This opening Assignment is a single situation, once it is done you will come home. It is an ideal starting place. There will be no Philosophy/Combat Path split- you work together. There will be no reference to your Oracle predictions either. All this will come later.

Stealth Mission: This mission is a designated covert operation. Unlike Combat Missions (where you ignore Bulk), this involves no rule changes compared to a normal mission, but simply a change in style. Normally, detection is an issue as you will run into trouble if exposed. But in this mission, if you are detected, not only are you in trouble, but the mission automatically fails. Therefore you will have to be careful with what you carry- openly carrying big guns is not advised!

In this particular mission, detection means disaster as the Machines will realise your plan- even if you got the Codes, the Machines will never use them if they work out you got them.

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:

Laptop: (Bulk/Encumberance 3/3). This slim laptop computer is what you will download the data from the storage device onto. It is coded so the information on it can be taken from a hard line onto the systems of the Shez.

Pickpocket programme: (One memory space). This downloadable programme will turn you into a sleight of hand master. People with this download will be able to both take the device from the Courier and get it back to him without him noticing, so long as they are close by.

ESTIMATED DANGER LEVEL: Low. But if something goes wrong, this becomes Very High- the Machines will not take kindly to an attempt to subvert their security system.

TIPS: You don't need a genius master plan for this, but you will need a plan of some sort. The important things are this:

1. Get to the Courier without arousing suspicion

2. Get the device off of him without him knowing

3. Download the info

4. Get the device back to him without him knowing

5. Get OUT without arousing suspicion

It is an airport, not a military base, so you can walk around it freely- but if you want to get to the Courier before he gets to the Lobby and safety, you have no business inside those parts of the airport unless you buy a ticket- which means going through security, which means no weapons.

Don't ALL bundle towards the Courier, that would be a poor use of manpower.

A Map will be provided for you once you enter the Matrix.

Don't panic too much. The Machines are not omnipotent and are not expecting trouble. They are not even there- this is a fully conventional operation carried out by Coppertops. You have to cause quite a disturbance for the Machines to take notice. If that happens, though, expect a fast response time.

Remember the Stealth part of this mission only counts for those DOING the covert bit. You can carry as many guns as you can hide if you are not planning to go past a metal detector.

ROLES: The following roles for team members are NEEDED

Pickpocket: Someone needs to get the device from the Courier and get it back. You may want more than one person to be able to do this. You may want one to take it and one to put it back. Your call.

Computer man: Someone needs to carry the computer and store the info. You can make this one of the Pickpockets if you want, or have a Pickpocket pass the device to the Computer man

The following roles for team members are USEFUL

Driver: ALWAYS useful to have someone with the escape vehicle ready to go. Trouble is, Driver can be a dull job- there ARE things for one to do, but he'll need to go find them, I will not make things happen to him.

Lookout: A good precaution is to leave people looking out for trouble. This can be with the Courier, out in the car park, in the Lobby... anywhere.

Bodyguard: In the worse case scenario, you need people to look after people doing the important jobs.

Any questions, ask me

Ushgarak
The Crew of the Shez- Mors, Fire, Coeus, Ares, Rade, Castor, Burn, Heph

The Shez heads through the tunnels to the broadcast point nominated for the mission.

"I'll take the helm," says Dallas. "You guys come up with a plan."

The mission details give you the roles needed. You need to think about the following locations- in the order you will see them

CAR PARK: Irritatingly this is some way from the lobby doors.

LOBBY: You'll all go through here, and buy tickets from here if you want. It is a very busy area, full of all sorts. System Security is present in the Lobby- once the Courier reaches the Lobby he is effectively safe. The Lobby is as far as you can go into the airport unless you either buy a ticket or sneak in somewhere. Remember if you go through with a ticket you will go past metal detectors- you cannot take weapons.

CUSTOMS/DUTY FREE/BAGGAGE RECLAIM: All areas that the Courier will come through before getting to the Lobby. They are all adjacent.

LIGHT RAILWAY SYSTEM: The Airport terminals and the other buldings are connected by a Light Railway system. When the Courier leaves the Terminal, he will travel along this railway for a few minutes to get to the main buildings.

TERMINAL: You know the Courier will get off at Terminal Four, though which Gate he will use is less clear. This is where he will arrive first.

AIRFIELD: If you are playing silly buggers, the airfield itself is something to think about. It is fenced off from the outside world unless you in in via the railway, of course. Even the most conventional airports tend to have security ready to respond to terrorist threats.

PLANE: This is where the Courier starts- obviously enough you cannot get here!

So, the vulnerable areas the Courier will go through, in order, are: Terminal, Light Railway, Customs/Duty Free/Baggage Reclaim.

Start making your plans accordingly.

Crew from the Percy- Celsius, Cloud, Virus, and any latecomers

Yours is the surveillance operation that has made this mission possible. You have twice as much to lose if it balls up- not only will you have failed to get the Code, but the Machines will realise you have worked out their schedule and change that, making all your surveillance work useless.

Hence your Captain- with a currently inadequate crew- asked for back-up, and the Shez is responding.

You are actually already inside the Matrix- welcome in! For convenience I shall work out what you are carrying when the others do, though.

You are continuing to observe the airport and will join up with the contingent frim the Shez when they arrive- the rest of the crew of the Percy is on other duties. The flight is due soon- and rather a lot of security people are turning up!

Fire
"Ok seeing as Burn already had a good plan and we know have some more info we need to take a few things into account.

A) it will take time, maybe not much but still, to get the USB transporter from the carrier to the nearest restroom and back to the carrier.
since we have no idea what the carrier will do once he arrives at the airport, he might go shopping or anything like that. I suggest we send in a 4th guy to be a look out, someone who could tail the carrier.

B) We also need to look at a plan to see where the restrooms are, because if we were to take a terminal restroom and the carrier is already on the light train by the time the info is copied we lose a lot of time, hence forth the forth guy who can atleast try to slow up the carrier.

Last but not least we need a driver, and the rest of us can wait in the lobby, maybe we also need a second driver"

Ushgarak
Being a Courier he probably won;t shop for any length of time- people are waiting in him.

Also being a Courier he will not be stopped by authorities for any reason.

Celsius
Well, stalling him may be easier then we think, it could range from spilling coffe on him by accident, to pretending to know him from somewhere. But we need someone who knows how to do it right.....like....a good actor?

Ushgarak
Vets have the best natural Charisma. Mind you, you could always download something to help yuo do that.

Note- Celsius, as a Veteran, is now the ranking officer from the Percy contingent, Whilst this is the Shez's- and Dallas'- operation and they do things his way, in general Celsius is in charge of the Percy crew here.

Celsius, you understand that Dallas has a reputation for... well.. DIRECT solutions. You are surprised to hear he was the choice for this mission.

Vincent Rendar
Castor sat in the corner on the cold steel floor of the hover craft. He looked at his shipmates as they planned. Being one for little conversation he kept his mouth shut, then something occured to him.

"Hey Guys. We could set up a situation where he has to stop? Perhaps? Maybe a phone call, a moderately lengthy one. Not even that. If the guy who gets the package can get it quickly and be in the bathroom transfering the data while he is on the phone, he may be able to catch back up with him and restore the device before he boards the Light Rail....Just a suggestion..."

Ushgarak
Incidentally, Fire, you are asking for someone to tail the Courier?

Remember the Operator can do that. Never forget the Operator!

Ushgarak
Castor has come up with a point. If you take the device at the Terminal and copy the data in a restroom there, he will indeed be on the Railway before you can get the key back to him, unless you delay him.

This will be a problem with any set-up you have in which the laptop is not very close to the Courier when you make the snatch.

tptmanno1
ok revised plan,
we need the computer person on the light rail.
this can bypass the bathroom system. the first pickpocket waits by the terminal, a person outside (operator?) tells him whate gate he's coming in. between there and the light rail he swipes the USB thingy, and enters the light rail with the courier, the computer guy and the secong pickpocket are on the rail. comp guy does his stuff and the second pickpocket puts it back after he gets off, or while on the rail if possible, then they all get the hell outta there

Ushgarak
Well, seems consistent to me- comments?

tptmanno1
o i forgot,
we need ppl in the lobby for cover incase of trouble.
if we could get ppl on the tarmac it would be nice as a precaution but that maybe too hard, and im probably over thinking this

Ushgarak
You definitely need to break in to get to the tarmac. If it does not benefit your plan it's not worth it.

Vincent Rendar
(Whats a tarmac?)

I think that soundslike a good idea. Best one yet. If the captains agree then we need to start assigning positions.

tptmanno1
tarmac is the area that the planes travel on, area around the runway, the ground by the gates

Ushgarak
Role choosing would indeed be a good idea...

tptmanno1
I dont want to be the driver because if were chased i could lean out the window and shoot ppl.
ill be a lobby bodyguard

Ushgarak
Heh- a Lobbyguard...

Fire
"sounds ok"

(I know about the operator, the thought crossed my mind, but the operator can't intervene while an irl tracker would be able to0
but since burn his new plan doesn't need that anymore it should be ok

Ushgarak
Okideokey...

C'mon, folks! Let's pull it all together!

Celsius
My team came here by car, now were all in the lobby awaiting ur arrival.

So if you need a drriver, I'd be happy to.

*Seated in the lobby reading his newspaper, Cesius gets out his mobile phone and dials the Shezs operator number*

Ushgarak
Mind you, a van of some sort would probably be better than a car!

Ushgarak
Shez isn't at broadcast depth yet- Ariadne's not connected.

Fire
okie let's have a look

Burn: lookout, lobbyguard
Hep: pickpocket 1
X: pickpocket 2 (rather have a good martial arts person on this, atleast a 14 MA if poss)
Rade: computer guy
Castor: lookout

Me and Coeus, if necessairy: Driver(s)

no idea what other ppl could really do, maybe more body guards, back ups, look outs or anything like that, Maybe also useful a few ppl to guard our exit, you never know what might go wrong

again this is just my suggestion, nothing final

Fire
Mors, Coeus what do you guys think?

Fire
-Cels if you have ANY questions just PM me, I'll be glad to help you out-

Captain REX
I'd take driver, since I'm not going to be blowing anything up or shooting anything.

Also, just in case, I'll take a D'eagle with me into the Matrix.

Fire
Sure sounds fine Ares, just make sure you upload that driving skill, if you don't have it yet

Captain REX
Nevermind then, I'm out of points.

Ushgarak
As the Shez flies on through the tunnels. Dallas switches helm with Ariadne, and comes to join the rest of you.

"Ok, boys, what've we got?" he asks.

Celsius
Thanks Fire.

I'd also have no problem to bein direct contact with the carrier, I'm not armed.

Ushgarak
Ares is a Hacker, he can drive!

Captain REX
Alright, I'll drive then.

"Just a second, Captain, we're forming our plans..." Ares says, saluting Dallas as he approaches.

Ushgarak
"Yup, and what ARE those plans?" he asks.

Captain REX
"Don't ask me, all I know is that I'm driving and that I'll have a D'eagle in my pocket just in case!" Ares says with a chuckle.

General Zink
"I'll be pickpocketing," Heph adds.

Ushgarak
We'll see about what you are carrying when you hit the Loadout programme.

Shall I download Pickpocket into you now, Heph?

Ushgarak
"And the rest of you?" asks Dallas.

General Zink
Yeah, load me.

JediHDM
*looks to Fire, then to Dallas* "Well, sir, one of us will be the second pickpocket, and the other will be in the lobby somewhere close to the light rail station, just in case...does that sound good, Fire? I don't care about who takes what position, i'm fine with sitting out if you wanna try your hand this time."

Ushgarak
"What actually IS the plan?" asks Dallas.

Off for the night, see you folks tomorrow!

tptmanno1
jeez
*explains my master plan*
too lazy to rewrite it.

Captain REX
"Pickpockets, I suggest you bump into him, knock him over, make it look like an accident. Then, when you pass him after some apologies, get the thing...what's it called again?" Ares says, asking at the end because he wasn't paying attention, as usual.

tptmanno1
umm, it might be suspicious if two people knock him over in the space of 10 min expecially if he's a guard.
i think lightly brushing past him using quick hands will work.

JediHDM
yes, Burn is correct...there will be no touching of him at all...

Celsius
*Celsius puts away his Newspaper, and looks at his watch.*

(Cloud, Virus. I need to know where you are)

Fire
celsius can you be the other pick pocket?

Celsius
No room for download.

Fire
you guys do know, you can kick something out.

but we have enough ppl with some spare slots, I suggest they do it

Dexx
I can be one of the pick pocketers, or the computer guy. whatever you guys think fits the plan better.

Fire
****ING MOFO COMP CRASHED AFTER MY POST
so here it goes a second time

good rade you can be a second pickpocket

so far

We Have:
Burn: Lobbyguard1
Hep: Pickpocket1
Rade: Pickpocket2
Virus: Driver1
Ares: Driver2?

We Need:
Lookout: ALWAYS USEFUL
Computer guy: VITAL MISSION PLAYER
Lobbyguard2: WE HAVE THE MANPOWER
Exit Defender: ALWAYS USEFUL, DONT WANT TO BE TRAPPED IN THE MATRIX/ WE HAVE THE MANPOWER

Unassigned People:
Alex
Castor
Cloud
Mors
Coeus
Celsius
Myself

Now here is what I would suggest, I assigned ppl based on their abilities and Ariadnes Analyses

Castor and/or Alex: Lookout(s)
Cloud: Lobbyguard2
A vet: Computer Guy
Another Vet: Lobbguard3
Other vets: Base Defence

Castor and Alex as lookouts: Cause they can both fight unarmed (IF NEEDED) and can fire guns, which they could take from security guards
Cloud as lobbyguard2: cause he can fight with a gun and unarmed
Vet as a computer guy: Always useful to have a vet around, they know stuff.
Vet as lobbyguard3: we have the man power for 3 lobbyguards, and again always useful to have a vet around
Vets as exit defence: We have the man power/dull job(think players would like some more action)

AGAIN JUST IDEA's OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

BUT WE NEED A DUTY ROSTER SOON

Ushgarak
I'm not sure if Alex is coming yet; I have received no word from Tiger- count her out for now.

Dallas listens to your plan.

"Any of you geniuses stop to worry about what happens if the Courier checks his pockets whilst you have his device in your laptop?" he asks.

"And how many people do we actually NEED in the lobby? Won't the people in the Terminal need bodyguards if it all goes to hell as well? There isn't actually anyone that needs bodyguarding in the lobby at all, is there? Put lookouts in the Lobby, fine, but I don;t see why we need guards.

And will the drivers be doing the look out work in the car park or shall we leave someone out there as well?"

Ushgarak
There is a note for you guys here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=757387#post757387

...that I would like you all to read...

Dexx
question. Will the carrier actually spend osme time in the duty free shops? he can be very well pocket picked right there..

Ushgarak
The Courier is on offical business and is unlikely to do any such thing.

Fire
I assumed the drivers would do look out as well. only natural
as for getting bodyguards for the pickpockets and the computer guy - well I need a map to plan that thing first- all those people should be able to fight a decent job without a weapon, most of the people who aren't there can't fight, very well, unarmed. so untill I get a plan, which might show a way in with a weapon, I can't put people on bodyguard duty

Ushgarak
"Well, then don't just crowd the lobby with heavies, that might look odd," says Dallas. "And in a car park, all anyone can see from a car is other cars!

"And did anyone think about the problem with the Courier checking his pockets whilst the device ain't there?"

tptmanno1
"O thats a good point, is there any way we can replace it with a blank USB thingy (thats what im gonna call the thing were stealing)"

Ushgarak
"That's more like it," says Dallas. "We'll give him a dummy when we take it and swap the original back when we are done."

Dexx
"sounds good" says Rade. So...dload me the pick pocket training

Ushgarak
Ok, now we have a settled plan I intend to put you guys in the Matrix tongith.

Vets- simply ASSIGN positions to the others now, don't wait for them to volunteer. Else Dallas will assign them.

JediHDM
"I will sit near to the computer guy, just in case one of our pickpockets is taken out of commission for some strange reason, we'll have another."

Fire
I'll do the computer thing unless Mors or Celsius wants to do that
Castor and Cloud could act as bodyguards for the pickpocketers
Tiger can be lookout outside. if I forget anyone just yell

ALL VETS AGREED?

Fire
I suggest other vets act as look outs outside, to get us a bit of a warning

Vincent Rendar
"I dont mind being a look out."

Fire
I'd rather have you as a bodyguard Castor seeing as you can fight unarmed atleast a bit

SpikeSpiegel
Oh, I didn't realise I was on this mission. My PC wouldn't let me on Killermovies or the forums through the address, links, history links anything. So I'm a bit behind.

Ushgarak
Not a problem, Cloud, as we haven't started yet... you still want in?

"Right," says Dallas. "Enough messing around, let's get down to business here.

"Heph, Rade and Coeus all have the pickpocket programme. You three are going into the Terminal. One of you stays in the terminal and switches the Courier's device with the blank device. One of you is on the train and will switch them back. The other is a spare. Coeus, you seem to be happy to be the spare. I suggest CELSIUS be the Veteran witrh the computer as otherwise will be depriving two of our sword specialists of their swords. I know we don't technically NEED them but I am damned if I am going to lose half my crew if the shit hits the fan because we were careless in planning. Celsius has less need for a weapon. Also the Percy crew will want someone who can personally verify they got what they have been working for.

Looking out or bodyguarding for them- whatever suits them best- will be Cloud and Castor. You two had better keep your eyes open. Coeus and Celsius will run that half of the operation.

Ares will be our driver, Virus will drive for the Percy.

In the lobby and car park area we will have Burn- who will want his guns after all- and Mors and Fire- who can use their swords. Mors, you'll be running that half of thigns along with myself- I'll stay outside as well.

Any questions?"

SUMMARY:

TERMINAL/LIGHT RAILWAY AREA- Coeus/Celsius in command

Heph: Pickpocket A (either Terminal or rail)
Rade: Pickpocket B (either Terminal or rail)
Coeus: Pickpocket Spare (as needed)
Celsius: Computer man (Rail)
Cloud: Lookout/bodyguard (as needed)
Castor: Lookout/bodyguard (as needed)

CAR PARK/LOBBY AREA- Dallas/Mors in command
Dallas: Lookout (Car park)
Mors: Lookout (Car Park or Lobby)
Fire: Lookout (Car Park or Lobby)
Burn: Lookout (Car Park or Lobby)
Ares: Shez driver (Car park)
Virus: Percy driver (Car park)

tptmanno1
"good to go, whats the loadout? I wanna try out a new gun strategy."

Ushgarak
"Hold your horses, gunboy..."

The Shez approaches its broadcast point. Ariadne contacts the Percy, and soon after you get a call from your Operator, Celsius.

"Shez is about to broadcast," he says. "They'll be there in 15 minutes."

Ariadne glides the Shez in to its landing. Dallas leaves the crew area and goes to cross the walkways to the cockpit.

"Ariadne! Patch everything over and prepare to braodcast."

Just as you guys stand up, something unexpected happens.

The entire ship suddenly spins 90 degrees clockwise. You are standing on the left wall and the floor is about ten feet below you.

Gravity dictates what happens next...

(you all fall)

General Zink
Heph, who had been reading the Matrix code on the Operator screens, grabs a pole that holds up the screens, and hoists himself up.

tptmanno1
great more broken ribs for me!
(you just want to injure my cahracters huh ush!)
*fallign burn srabbles for something to hold onto, finally grabbing onto the ladder to the above deck
"what the hell was that!"

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Ares grabs onto anything he can to slow his fall. He then decends slowly, so that he is standing on the "ground".

Ushgarak
EVERY lose object falls. The ship's engines have risen to an incredibly high-pitched whine, and then there is a dull BOOM!, the whole ship shakes, and the lights go out.

"HOLD ON! HOLD ON!" yells Ariadne. The ship groans as it starts to slowly right itself...

Captain REX
"What the hell just happened!?" Ares hollers. "Ariadne was right, we should have replaced the engines, Captain Dallas!"

Ushgarak
"Damn right I was right!" Ariadne yells back. "We just lost the whole starboard engine array!"

The ship rights itself, and the noise lowers. There is a lot of mess.

Vincent Rendar
"What the hell just happened?"

He hada pissed and suprised look on his face. He looked to Dallas, then to Ariadne.

"Is everyone alright?"

tptmanno1
"Holy Sh*t, God i almost broke my (RIBS!!!!). Damn, can we hack into the matrix from here? that should be our first priority, we are on a time table for this mission"

Celsius
"Virus, hold your position in the car, you can also act as somewhat of a look out. Cloud, lookout/bodyguard in the lobby, and as we move to the train, you'll be a direct bodyguard to me, arm yourself to the teeth, and try to keep yourself focused."

*I look at my watch* "This isnt like them to be late."

Captain REX
"Well, Captain, you're eagerness to show Morpheus up has cost you a bit...still, at least we aren't dead...at least there are no Sentinels around..."

SpikeSpiegel
"I'ld rather just use my most dangorous weapon, if that's alright with you Celsius. I'm not too good with guns." Cloud admits, "I wonder what's taking them so long."

Celsius
"Perfectly alright, I knoww you can handle yourseld without the need for guns."

*I look at my watch again. And then dial The Shez*

Dexx
"let's just hope this doesn't affect our mission. How long till full power? we need to broadcast.." says Rade

Ushgarak
Ares, there is no answer.

"Operator... can you hold for a moment?" says Ariadne as you call, Celsius.

"Is everyone ok?" calls back Ariadne. "We're stable at the broadcast point and should be able to go ahead, though we aren't going anywhere for a while!"

Celsius
"I can hold."
*I look at Cloud and Virus.*
"Somethings wrong."

SpikeSpiegel
Cloud looks worried, "Are they all alright?"

Fire
"Let's get this thing going, I would like to be back in the real world should any sentinel appear"

Ushgarak
Okidokey, Shez crew, you guys head to the cahirs to be hooked in.

Someone is missing.

Fire
"****"

Who?

Ushgarak
Hint- there is a ten-gallon hat-shaped gap where you might expect a person to be at this point.

Fire
Hmm DALAS?

Ushgarak
Yup... you may want to check where he was when the ship turned sideways...

Fire
"Guys go on this mission without me, I'm off to find Dallas"
*runs across the entire ship to track down dallas. Starting at his last known location*

Ushgarak
He was yelling instructions to Ariadne on the walkway

Fire
*goes to check on and under the walkway*

Ushgarak
Dallas is lying lumped on the deck below- where he was hurled down to when he was on the balcony as the ship twisted. There is a pool of blood under him.

It is a head wound.

Fire
darn I check to see wether or not he is still alive

(as a vet I assume I have some first aid knowledge)

Ushgarak
Yup

"What's going on, Fire?" calls out Ariadne as you head down.

Fire
Yells: "It's Dallas he took a serious fall and has a serious head wound, But don't think about that now, GET THE OTHERS JACKED IN!"

"STAY FOCUSSED PPL AND THINK OF THE MISSION AT HAND! Mors has command as you all know. We will decide who is second in command when you get back. NO argument NOW GO"

Ushgarak
"I can't jack them in without orders from the c/o!" says Ariadne, climbing through to see what you are climbing down to. "Oh Jesus..." she says, heading down after you.

Fire, you reach Dallas. Lightning fast, his hand shoots out and takes a hold of your left shoulder.

"YOU!" he yells. "AND you!" he says, pointing at the empty space two feet to your left. "Get me my damn hat!"

Fire
*gets the hat*

Ushgarak
"Where did you get the other one from?" asks Dallas.

"Oh, not good... I'll get some bandages..." says Ariadne.

"Nonsense, I'm fine!" says Dallas, getting up and putting his hat on.

He falls over.

Fire
*keeps him up*

"Sir you must see that you are not fine."

Ushgarak
"Don't be an idiot!" he says. "Of course, I am fine, I am DALLAS!"

Ariadne comes over with bandages.

"And I'll be fine once I am inside the Matrix."

"WHOA no..." says Ariadne. "You are NOT going in there with a head wound!"

"Who the hell is Captain of this ship?" asks Dallas, getting up, unsteadily.

"You are, and that's why you aren;t going to be dumb enough to ruin the whole mission by copping out on us halfway through. You know damn well what head wounds can do to a broadcast signal! If your signal starts to cut out and you are more than thirty seconds way from a hardline, you are dead! And a dead Dallas is still dead!"

"You worry too much..."

"We've got enough damn people for the job, Dallas! I thought you wanted to impress the Council..."

(at this point, Dallas frantically makes 'ssshhhh' like hand gestures at Ariadne, but she ignored him)

"... not get thrown in the stockade for contravenign standing orders! A head wound means you cannot go in until a Medical Officer at Zion givs you the all clear!"

Dallas, furiously, slams his fist into the wall. Well, he tries to, but he misses, and spins on the spot. He just about avoids falling over again, and tries to muster some dignity.

"Ok," he says. "I've decided to take a more backseat, supervisory approach to this mission..." he says. "I'll stay out. Fire! Either one of you can take over for me in the Car Park/Lobby. You and Mors command out there, Coeus and Celsius inside. Let's get this damn show on the road.

"Ariadne? Do we have any incredibly strong painkillers?" he asks, quietly.

Fire
"Yes sir"
*whispers to Ariadne*: "Take care of him he clearly needs it"
"Indeed let's get this f*cking mission going"
*runs to his place hops in*

Ushgarak
Ok guys, you are being patched in... you had better get a move on, that Courier will be here soon!

Loadout

You are in a pure white room surrounded by vast amounts of weaponry. Welcome to the Loading Programme!

Here you may chose what you are taking with you into the Assignment. Although the crew of the Percy have technically already DONE this, they can retrospectively chose their loadout now.

This is a stealth mission so do remember there are logical constraints that may make you have to take less regardless of the numbers involved here.

When you load up for this misison, you must worry about two things

1. How much you can hide (Bulk)
2. How much you can physically carry (Weight)

Everything you carry with you has a weight and bulk rating. If you go over weight, you start losing skill and speed. If you go over bulk, the fact that you are carrying fourteen tons of arteillery with you may be noticed. If you are under bulk then your weapons will not be spotted except in a detailed search or security scanner (like those at the airport).

The maximum amount of bulk you can carry is 14 points worth. This assumes you are wearing one of those huge trenchcoats. If you are not carrying much, you can chose to wear something slimmer. Trinity, for example, wears an outfit that cannot conceal a damn thing...

Do remember, though, that you only need to worry about bulk IF YOU INTEND TO CONCEAL THE OBJECT!

Here is the amount of Weight you can carry:
Strength 3: 9 points
Strength 4: 11 points
Strength 5: 13 points.

Remember you must take account of these two seperate numbers

Here are the bulk/weight numbers:

General

Shades: 0/0
Watch: 0/0
Wallet: 0/0
Mobile Phone: 0/0
Clip (pistol): 1/.5 (Glock 18- 2/1)
Clip (SMG): 2/1 (Ingrams- 1.5/1)
Clip (assault rifle/shotgun/sniper rifle): 3/2

Advanced Lightning Reload reduces the bulk of clips by .5.

Guns- with magazine loaded

Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol: 2/2
Glock 17: 3/2
Glock 18: 5/3
Sig-Saur P229: 4/4
.50 AE Desert Eagle: 5/4
Ingrams Mac 10: 4/3
HK MP5K: 6/5
Dlask Tactical Entry Shotgun: 9/6
HK MP5: 9/6
M16 Assault Rifle: 12/6
HK PSG-1: 12/8

Weaponry

Knife: 2/1
Nunchukas: 3/2
Staff: 12/4
Small staff (walking stick): 8/4
Spear: 15/4
Sword: 10/4
Axe: 9/5
Exotic (sais, hook swords etc.): 4/4
Throwing Knife: 2/1
Throwing Star: 1/.5

Special:

Laptop: 3/3
Blank USB device: 0/0

Ok guys, load it up! And remember to not worry about bulk on things you do not need to conceal, like the laptop.

Fire
I take out my shades like my normal IRL glass's but with PITCHBLACK glass's (metal colour bars), My cellphone (the one morpheus has), my normal long leathercoat, along with my blacksuit (yep underneat that damn Coat I were a 3 piece all black suit) and my trusty silver Katana

(when I have the time I can upload pics of everything except the katana)

Ushgarak
I asssme, btw, that only Ares, Virus, Burn, Fire and Mors will be loading out with anything of note, with Celsius taking the laptop.

If you want anyone else to carry your guns FOR you, you had best ask... you can also keep weapons in the vehicles.

tptmanno1
ok i wanna go with this loadout
one deagle
5 clips,
2 knives
and all the other free stuff, gimme a usb port just in case too

Ushgarak
That's all cool Burn... though how are you going dressed for this one?

tptmanno1
trenchcoat and stuff,
check my image,
can i jack in a cd player, i have a feeling that were gonna be in the lobby for a while

Celsius
(5 Deagle clips gives you 35 bullets. Enough?)

I'll take a Glock 17 with 4 clips. (I assume we have the standard 20 bullet clips? Or is that another glock??)

Ushgarak
I'd run that by Fire if I were you...

tptmanno1
hmm, maybe not, uhh how many more clips can i carry, i want that, the max number of clips, i thougt five was all i can carry

Fire
CHECK YOUR POSITIONS PPL

TERMINAL/LIGHT RAILWAY AREA- Coeus/Celsius in command CAN NOT TAKE WEAPONS: HAVE TO PASS THROUGH SECURITY]

Heph: Pickpocket A (either Terminal or rail)
Rade: Pickpocket B (either Terminal or rail)
Coeus: Pickpocket Spare (as needed)
Celsius: Computer man (Rail)
Cloud: Lookout/bodyguard (as needed)
Castor: Lookout/bodyguard (as needed)

CAR PARK/LOBBY AREA- Fire/Mors in commandCAN TAKE GUNS: DON'T OVER DO IT, MIND BULK]

Mors: Lookout (Car Park or Lobby)
Fire: Lookout (Car Park or Lobby)
Burn: Lookout (Car Park or Lobby)
Ares: Shez driver (Car park)
Virus: Percy driver (Car park)

Ushgarak
Burn is right, with the Desert Egale and knives he has room for five clips- remember it comes loaded though.

Glock 18 has the big clip, Celsius; Glock 17 has a fair clip though.

BUT- you know you cannot bring your gun with you, yes?

Celsius
(Oh damn, forgot. sorry)

Fire
I reposted the duty roster so you can all look at it before you say what you want to take along, any questions you can PM me without a hesitation

Celsius
So, I have the mobile phone. The sunnies as described in my prophile (Slim black, black rim.) A trenchcoat, much like Morpeus's, and a laptop.

I'm ready.

Ps. I'll make a sketch of my char as soon as I get the cnance.

Fire
good smile

Captain REX
Sleek shades, mobile phone, gray trench coat, camo pants, gray sleeveless shirt, MP5, Deagle. Since I'm in the car.

For the car, I suppose a black Yukon SUV.

General Zink
"Damn..." Heph says, trying to wipe up some of the Captain's blood. "He'll be alright, but he's not going in with us unfortunately." Heph grimaces after doing what he can to help Ariadne with the patch up, and gets in the chair.

Seraph-style shades, mobile phone, my red trenchcoat and gi, bandanna. No guns this time, I don't use them. Pickpocket program. And I'll position myself on the rail pickpocket position.

Ushgarak
Ok, leaving Rade for the Terminal.

Before I finally kick everything off, is everyone absolutely happy about what is required of them? Because I will not guide you once things have started- that is up to you guys as a team. I will just take you where you ask to go.

General Zink
Sounds like we get a bit of freedom in this game, though we aren't allowed to run on walls just to entertain ourselves... stick out tongue

Vincent Rendar
Wait for me.

I guess, no weapons, Mobile Phone, Shades, Wallet (can i get a phony airport id in there?).

I want black pants and black collar shirt, untucked w/ the sleeves rolled up.

tptmanno1
im ready, but i still want a CD player!

Dexx
wallet, glasses, phone..that's about it. And the pick pocket dload, ofcourse..

Fire
ppl remember your part in this thing and listen to coeus and celsius

Ushgarak
You can have the fake id, though you don't quite look the part and as your plan does not involve sneaking in anywhere I doubt it is needed. And Burn by all means take the cd player (so long as you don't try and hide it for some reason...) just I thought it might wind up Fire!

Ok, folks, let's get this show on the road! Anyone still got to do loadout, tell me when you get posting...

Ten minutes later

The crewe from the Shez pull up in the car park. At this point, Shez and Percy crew alike may greet each other.

The Courier's flight is due in... ooh... about two minutes ago.

Ok people, get going. Right now you are all in the car park; get to yuor positionsm, work as a team, and DO NOT FORGET TO CALL THE OPERATOR to help you if need be. The Percy operator is also covering the scenario; technically any of you can call either operator but it is more normal to call your own.

Good luck!

Dexx
me, heph and celsius should go and buy the tickets, i think.
coeus also..as a spare

Ushgarak
Ok, in that case, you may proceed to the Lobby. BTW, Ariadne CAN provide you with maps, but a map of the train would be pointless and I cannot see your plan needing them. Nonetheless, they are there if you want them.

The lobby is INCREDIBLY busy, as airports tend to be. People everywhere!

Vincent Rendar
Castor leaves the car and walks into the airport,buying his ticket and passing easily through the security checks as he has no weapons. He goes trhough the Railway and then moves to his position near the Terminal where it is quite busy. He can see people moving from the gates and hopes the courier has not gotten to far away.

He opens his phone.

"Operator? Have you located the couriers gate?"

JediHDM
Sorry i'm so late in posting...i just need the shades, wallet, and cell...

*pulls out phone as he starts walking towards the ticket counter* Ariadne, get me a map of this airport, i need to know where i'm going and where the courier is gonna travel...plus, my ticket needs to be somewhere close the the terminal, otherwise it might look suspiscious if my ticket says i'm on the left of the airport and i turn right...

*turns to team* Alright, people, lets get in there and get this party started...and don't forget to look at the maps, they are there for a reason(i'm assuming the map would be loaded into our memory, or what...?)

oh, btw, after about 2:30 my time tomorrow, i'm not sure how much i will be able to post, cause i'm going home for Thanksgiving...i'll be back sunday for sure, but i dont know if i will be able to post hardly at all between then, although i'm sure i will, i'm just making sure you dont, like, stop the game because of me...Ush, if you have to get the game going, assume i do something, if need be...

Ushgarak
Wait on there, Castor, you have to buy a ticket first, and then go on the railway before you get to the terminal!

"I'll get on that map for you," says Ariadne. "I've got a fix on the Courier. He is disembarking at Gate 89. There are two men with him."

SpikeSpiegel
Cloud walks into the airport lobby and leans against a wall looking at the arrivals gate. (Can I be in a suit, just to look inconspicious?)

Fire
*DAMN I KNEW THIS WASN'T GOING TO BE EASY*

Ushgarak
I am afraid not, Cloud! Not looking stylish as a rebel is like a Jedi not bringing his lightsabre.

"I wouldn;t worry," says Ariadne. "Their probably just bodyguards as a precaution. If you do the switch without anyone seeing then they make no difference.

"I have those plans for you."

(Ariadne can talk you through the layout)

This is a map of the vulnerable ares for the Courier. The top half is the Terminal area, the bottom half is the main building area.

A- this way leads to the departure lounge, lobby etc. You'll be coming from this way, but once the Courier gets past this point the game is up.

B- Customs. As a diplomatic guy on an internal flight, the Courier is unlikely to tarry here.

C- Duty free area

D- Baggage Reclaim

E- Station- here is where the Courier will disembark having taken the train, and where you will need to catch it to get to the Terminal.

F- Station, on the terminal side

G- Terminal 4 gates, as numbered.

JediHDM
ok, i think i'm a bit confused...the courier will come from G, through F, pass through E, C, B and A, and if he gets to A then the gigs up?

Ushgarak
Yup, but as you plan to get him on the train the maps are not greatly relevant, as I say.

tptmanno1
basicly get on the train at E and wait for the corier to come to you,

*plops down in a lobby chair and listens to music*

Ushgarak
You could always observe the Lobby, Burn, as the other move on...

tptmanno1
(hint, hint)

ok ill observe too.

Fire
*stands around casual outside the airport with a mean look*

Ushgarak
There's nothing there.

(giggles)

Um, well, there is nothing spectacular there, no. But you can now see- if you take the time to look- the plain clothes security. There are not that many cops around, but in the cafes and bars and bookstores dotted around, there are lost of guys sitting down with earpieces and wrist mikes- anti-terrorist plain clothes officers.

tptmanno1
are you giggling at me or fire?

Gets on the sell,
"you guys had better not screw this up, cuz if we do we're in a world of shit. these a huge amount of plain clothes anti-terror squads."
saying this in such a way that ppl around me cant here, or understand.

Ushgarak
At you, Burn...

A lot of police cars outisde, Fire. They are all parked far closer to the lobgy doors than you can, of course.

tptmanno1
he he he .... no (at u ush)

o crap, this is getting very complicated very fast.

Ushgarak
Certainly a whole lot of security here. Mind you, it's quite overt- plain clothes they may be, but they are making no effort to hide themselves.

Yeah. a lot of police outside too, Fire...

General Zink
"Lots of people...let's hope nothing goes wrong or they'll be a lot of Agents..." he says on his cell phone to the others. "We'll make this quick."

(Also, I'll be taking one of the fake USB devices...)

tptmanno1
(thank god for my knives!, if worst comes to worst i can slash tires!)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>