Star Wars: Galaxies [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
Is this any good? I know the US version is supposed to be rubbish and buggy, but what about the UK version?

ragesRemorse
the only good star wars games were for the super nintendo, and rogue squadren is good too. Thats it though

SpikeSpiegel
What about the Jedi Knight games, they were good.

ragesRemorse
yeah knights of the old republic is deffaintly good, forgot about that one, but all the others in that series are more or less failures. shadow's kicked ass too

SpikeSpiegel

Dirty Vader
Rogue squadron III: rebel strike looks good too.

wicker_man
Any one here played it ? If so what do you think ?

Tex
merging threads...merged.

SpikeSpiegel
I just got it, it's cool. I've done loads of cool stuff and have travelled from one end of Corellia to the other (without realising it) For those who have it and are on the Bria galaxy look out for me, I'm Petjo St'gar

SpikeSpiegel
Typical, of the five servers that are down mine has to be one of them.

wicker_man
Me and my mate have just brought a copy each so i shall be up and running asap.

SpikeSpiegel
OK, don't forget to tell me your name smile

VengeanceGOD
I played the Beta, and I enjoyed it, although it got somewhat old at times. Completing quests could take FOREVER.

SpikeSpiegel
Wooooo! Vehicles are coming

cgtuna21
Knights of Old Republic sucked u cant even fight by urself, Obi-Wan was really good.

Gotwa
Old school. Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight.. If you want starfighter.. TIE Fighter was an awesome game.. SWG is sdguosbng0un SWEET.. but It's pay-to-play.. so yknow..

el_barto
why cant games make inter net playing FREE like starcraft and diablo

SpikeSpiegel
The vehicles are here Woooooo!

SpikeSpiegel
i just found out all SWG players will be getting a free Holocron as a Christmas Pressie Woooooo (Holocrons allow you to become a Jedi)

yerssot
because Galaxies is an internet-game only

how can you make a profit from a game if it's free?

------

btw, this thread is suited better in the EU-section of Star Wars, there is already a thread of this game there

Tex
Ahh, I'm to lazy to move it! stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah i thought so

Tex
yes

evil face

yerssot
tex, you would have pulled it off if it didn't say you edited it

Tex
whistle

evil face

Now that you've seen it I'll change it back! roll eyes (sarcastic)
stick out tongue

yerssot
what's the matter colonel Sanders? chicken? stick out tongue

Tex
...Moving to Movie Discussion Forum stick out tongue

yerssot
lazy again huh stick out tongue

Tex
stick out tongue

TheOne101
anyone here play the pc MMORPG star wars galaxies i love the game it is really big and never gets boring btw in the game my name is 'Neo' and im in the server intrepid...

BackFire
Hmmm...I remember when it first came out it was a pretty big deal. But then people played it and I heard it was really disapointing. It didn't look very appealing to me. I prefer FFXI and World of Warcraft.

TheOne101
i dont know man im not a real big fan of any final fantasies exept maybe 7. as for warcraft i dont know man lol

Lobo
I'm thinking I might get Star Wars Galaxies and JTL sometime in the next 6 months. How good/bad is the game/games, are they worth buying?

yerssot
I never consider an online game worth buying

BackFire
That's kinda odd, they offer the most hours of game time of any type of game available. A good online game can provide thousands of hours of gaming.

Lobo
I'm thinking I might get Star Wars Galaxies and JTL sometime in the next 6 months. How good/bad are the games, are they worth buying?

SaTsuJiN
I heard the economy was really screwed up for a long time.. but they might have fixed all that crap by now.. I havent played it at all yet though.. you're aware that SWG is pay to play?... that usually deters most... maybe go to www.gamespot.com and look up SWG and check out community reviews as well as official review

Robo-Chocobo
It's a pretty good game. It;s definetly got a more finished feel to it then it did when It first shipped to stores.

They're starting to fix alot of the issues. although vehicles are still a problem.

and sometimes I can wander into remote areas and never see anyone.

I haven't played in a long time.

For what it's worth, go spend your money on World Of Warcraft. 2x as fun, not nearly as buggy, and one of the funnest MMORPG's I've played in ages.

forumcrew
theres newer mass online games you could get like world of warcraft of matrix online (the beta is online now)

Smasandian
I hated this game. But then again, I dont like RPG's. JTL I heared was an updated version of the TIE Fighter/X-Wing games back in the day.

But I guess if you like Star Wars alot, love massive RPG's and dont mind paying, its the only thing out there.
WOW though, is the bets MMORPG outthereright now.

The Ones
im thinking of getting this game but people are saying its rubbish. whats your opinions

jaden101
its rubbish

actually...

its expensive rubbish

DarkCrawler
Cimbat Upgrade has made it rubbish. I am going to cancel my account this month.

Lobo
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Cimbat Upgrade has made it rubbish. I am going to cancel my account this month.

I was going to get this game but after the CU mess I'm now going to get WOW.

The Ones
what about the expansions? do they add on new stuff and fix the original game?

Darth_Gaige
Does any1 know exactly what video card is needed to play this game I'm gonna buy it

The Ones
It should tell you

KMCF
How much do you have to pay a month??? Is it worth the money???

dave123
Check the webpage FAQs for those kinds of questions, and the SWG thread for opinions big grin

DarkC
Uh.......what's SWG?

dave123
Star Wars Galaxies

Hit_and_Miss
what happened to your sig dave123?

dave123
Going for the minimalist approach thumb up

darth plo koon

darth plo koon
i love this new nge they made on the game ... easy for newbs
fast action
still incredible space
still complex crafting
new jedi robes smile
and lv 90 upgrade big grin and mustafar planet
a free secondary character

people complain so much when soe change games around

darth plo koon
2 years later

im on server intrepid aswell you still play ?

BackFire
I played the demo and thought it sucked.

Spartan005
Yeah, I gotta agree with Backfire about World of Warcraft being better. I played the demo version of Galaxies and the lag was terrible along with some framerate problems sad

Spartan005
me too

SaTsuJiN
ditto... very sloppy.. dunno about the economy

SaTsuJiN
Yikes.. so many star wars galaxy threads.. @_@

Lana
Jesus blink

Merged all the SW Galaxies threads I found.

Faroth
(Bump)

Hey, does anybody know any quests that help with levelling? (On the Starter Kit) because I haven't levelled up in ages...

Arker
Where are the Krayt Dragons? I know they're on Tatooine, but I kept looking and couldn't find them.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Spartan005
Yeah, I gotta agree with Backfire about World of Warcraft being better. I played the demo version of Galaxies and the lag was terrible along with some framerate problems sad

I hate WoW. It's way too cartoony. It's goofy.

I like the elements in SWG. I was an Elder Jedi pre NGE and post CU.

I made a new character and I still play. The NGE upgrade is good.

All the Vets need to STFU and cope with shit. They're mad and envious because they didn't get to go Jedi so easily and all these Jedi's come out of nowhere with the starting ability and the Vets go haywire. God, shut up and play the game. If you're so good, you should be able to smoke all the NGE Jedi who talk smack anyways.

Besides, you can still branch into other professions. Not to mention these starting professions kick ass anyways. And the Mustafar upgrades and the space editions and such has made the game quite compelling.

SpaceMonkey
SWG is NOT for real Star Wars fans. It is a game for gamers who happen to like some aspects of Star Wars. If that's you, then go on in and enjoy the game. I played the game for over a year and, as a Star Wars fan, I was severely disappointed. The fact that the game is supposed to take place between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back yet there are thousands of Jedi in the game make this more a silly premise to sell games than an actual Star Wars game. I mean, friggin' General Grievious is n the game now!! He's dead, he shouldn't be there!! LOL

Whatever, I guess I get emotional about this because I expected this to be the best game ever and it turned out to be trash(as far as Star Wars goes).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.