Palpatines transformation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
If this is true then it could be the worst idea that Lucas has had but it's rumored that Palpatine changes from the way he looks in TPM to the way he looks in ROTJ in a matter of seconds right before our eyes. This is a very bad idea.

Ratcat
Where, pray tell, did that come from?

Darth Daft
I've heard that when he finally comes to power and takes control of the galaxy his aims are complete and the Dark Side completly consumes him, making it impossible for him to turn back to the Light Side. That is when his skin suddenly begins to go paler and more wrinkly.

I do agree that it's a bad idea for anything like this to happen, but if we imagine that Palpatine is in his early 50s during TPM then in ROTJ he should only be in his late 80s during ROTJ. I know it was make-up but his face does not look like that of a person in their 80s. He looks a lot older.

queeq
I agree, but we don't see him for a long time. In ESB we don't see him very well. We don't see him in ANH and there is a huge time gap between ep3 and ep4. I can live with the idea that the Dark Side accelerates the aging process. But we don;t really have to see that happening, now do we? It can happen in the time we don't really see them.

Palpy's yellow eyes are a different story, maybe. Anakin didn't have yellow eyes in ROTJ.

Ratcat
Maybe he's possesssed by the spirit of Darth Bane. *groan*

queeq
Does that give you yellow eyes? And a rotating head?

queeq out

Dim
And then you spit Tatooine pea soup?

Somehow I dont' think GL's going to show us Palpy's deterioration that fast.

queeq
Neither do I. He still has to make up for TPM.

queeq out

Gundark
No magical transformations, please. This is not "queeq visits fairyland" laughing out loud

queeq
I am NOT a Sith.... yet.

queeq out

King Jedi
I don't think Lucas needs to show us how he changes. He's explained too much already, I wish he would just leave some stuff for us to guess.

Darth Daft
I agree that the Dark Side could certainly speed up the ageing process, as Sebastian Shaw was in his 70s when he played Anakin, who is only meant to be in his mid 40s.

queeq
Yep, but I doubt GL will ever mention it as such in the movies. Let alone show it.

queeq out

Gundark
Well, remember again, George is doing all this stuff backwards so it involves a certain amount of cut and paste.

And bantha poodoo. laughing out loud

queeq
Errr...yes?
I dount he's out to make a crappy movie though.

queeq out

Darth Heinous
If that happens to Palpatine then it should occur when Palpatine is dressed in his robe as Darth Sidious. I think it would a little too much for him to age that fast, even though the "Dark Side aging" caused him prblems in Dark Empire 3/Empire's End.

queeq
Yes, but the gap between Ep3 and ANH is big enough to cover up plot holes, I'm sure.

queeq out

Darth Daft
There's bound to be a ton of EU books set in between Episode 3 and 4 to reveal some good plot points.

One thing I'm looking forward to is when and how we find out that Sidious and Palpatine are the same person. Will Sidious take off his hood in front of Anakin or something?

Dim
I would think so...at some point.

queeq
I hope GL does it very quickly at the beginning of Ep2. I think he should have revealed it to the viewer in TPM. Now both Palpatine and Sidious are vague side characters. THere was no point to not linking them. Fans knew it from the beginning and non-fans miss out on all the intrigue. Sometimes GL should read a little by the master: Alfred Hitchcock. IMHO OC.

queeq out

Boshuda
QUE?

queeq
Okay, here we go again. IMHO OC: In My Humble Opinion Of Course.

queeq out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.