C-3PO recieves some reprogramming - Here's Why

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
This is based on info from the Official Website and is IMHO probably the closest thing to cannon currently as it's the most up to day.

Anyway, if you look at the two character desciptions for Threepio then there is a big difference in the functions Threepio performs.

Episo
"C-3PO is intended as a household servant. In spite of his unfinished state the droid can already perform several of his programmed functions, including translation in a number of languages."

Original Tri
"C-3PO is a protocol droid whose primary functions are etiquette and translation"

So yes he does translation, but in EpI he's a household tool, (3PO the vacume cleanerlaughing out loud ) and in the OTY he's a fully fledged protocol droid.

I am guessing that when he leaves Tatooine he will recieve his gold coating and have his functioning upgraded to bring him into line with other Cybot Galactica protocol droid models.

Just a thought.

queeq
Sounds fair enough, RC.

I do think, however, that 3PO was always programmed for protocol, since Anakin made it for his mom to help her also with translating. 3PO introduces himself as "I am C-3PO, human cyborg relations". Maybe his model comes with a protocol chip.

queeq out

Ratcat
Maybe, after all he was built mostly from scrapped droids. The "Human/Cyborg" relations bit. I guess it depends on how you interpret that phrase.

queeq
Interpret? It's the exact same phrase he uses in ANH!!!

He IS a protocol droid, you can erase his memeory but I don't think you can change it's function.

queeq out

Ratcat
I know it's the same line, it's just what are "Human/Cyborg relations"

Does that mean he acts as a go between for humans and other robots or what?

queeq
Or between humans or between robots. An interpreter of communications. Simple isn't it?

queeq out

Boshuda
Who gives a toss? Everyone ignores the poor sod anyway!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.