Dr. Strange love Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the Bomb

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi ben
Well has anyone seen it?

FLIPMODE
Yes. I say when you see it, WATCH IT BY YOURSELF. Watching it with someone else who may not understand, may ruin it for you.

Ushgarak
Gorgeous film...

ToMacco
I havn't seen it. But isn't that the one where the dude rides the bomb down to the ground?

leonglee
Yes it is. Peter Sellers played several roles and was brilliant. Kubrick's finest hour I think. Heavily sattirical and ironic, yet very believable. May not have the impact it once had now the cold war is over.......or is it?

Ratcat
Is that the film where the errant general launches a nuclear attack on Russia?

If it is then I saw some of it the other day. Sellers was a english captain or something and an american soldier wouldn't let him use the phone to call the president.

Then he tries to reverse change dial the Whitehouse???

Is that the one?

Ushgarak
He was also an ex-Nazi scientist and the American President. Yup, that's the one.

Purity of Essence!

PIZZA WARRIOR
Yep, the 'Ultimate Cold-War comedy'.

They made a more serious version called 'Fail-Safe' at exactly the same time in Amercia.

I guess it takes the Brits to see something funny about Global Thermo-nuclear War.

AND, IT WAS !!!!!

Impediment
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!"

Gregory
"We cannot allow a mine-shaft gap!" That's a great movie.

Capt_Fantastic
An excellent movie. I love it. Peter Sellers is a genious. Being There is another of my favorite movies! Anyone who hasn't seen it, should be ashamed of themselves.

Lana
This is probably one of the best movies ever made, and definitely a favorite of mine.

Imperial_Samura
Ah, absolute gold, and one of my favorite films. Kubrick truly was a master of his craft, and Sellers should be lauded for all time for his portrayal of 3 leading characters. And to do them all so differently and convincingly is a testament of his skill.

All I can say is we are all very, very lucky Kubrick decided not to go ahead and make it a serious piece like he had originally planned. If that had happened we would have missed out on one of the greatest, most unique comedies/satires of all time.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Impediment
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here!! This is the War Room!"

That's one of my favorite movie quotes of all time. Ever. Forever. And ever. The end.

Great movie, but then so are all of Kubrick's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.