who do u think will become the minister of magic when Cornelius goes???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

firenze
Who will become the minister of magic when cornelius goes which i thjink he will. anywayz i reckon dumbuldore might but i don't know. miffed

jennyanderson
My guess is Arthur Weasley, or Lupin (just kidding about the Lupin part!). But, Dumbledore could also become the next minister, there is an extremely high probability, I know that he doesn't want the job, but with a situation like this, there is completely nothing he can do, as he knows all the in and outs about Voldy, and besides they will all vote for him, Arthur, however can become the Minister after Dumbledore steps down, but not before Voldy's death, and Dumbledore WILL step down, thats for sure, because he does not want to be seduced by power, and also people won't vote for Arthur just yet, I don't think they are going to make the same mistake again, "Fudge was a very experienced minister" they'll say, "and if he can make a blunder like this, then there is no saying what Arthur-not even familier to politics, could do". Oh, but I think the Weasley's WILL become very rich, because I think the twins business will boom, just like HP books and movies did, and they will give some amout of it to their parents.

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
Dumbledore!!!!!

shaber
I would like Dumbledore or Arthur Weasley to become minister. I think Arthur will, because Ron, said that his father had no chance of becoming minister. Joanne Kathleen will want to prove him wrong!

You are correct to think that Fudge will be made to step down; Minerva anticipated that he would "before long."

Umbridge evil face sick should go to Azkaban! mad

airangel429
I think Arthur Weasley will become the new minister.......I have heard somewhere that Arthur and Lucious names come from a history and in that history it talks about a battle between the two. I could SERIOUSLY say that Arthur would have a HUGE chance becoming the minister. Thus when he did get that position.....war would rage more between his self and with Lucious. Therefore, there would end up some sort of deul AND we'll probably find out JUST how powerful Mr. Weasley is as a wizard. Then he would become rich.

JK always has Lucious refer to Arthur's job as pettiless even though he is a ministry employee...so it would make sense for JK to turn that upside down and for the better for the Weasley's and for the worst for the Malfoy's.

They already had a fight in the 2nd book...but it was kept from the movie.

ALSO......the ministry is bound to find all the voldemort things that are hidden in the Malfoy's basement. I bet he has something REALLY evil down in the basement.

moviemuffin
Whenever Ron jokingly says something that might be a prediction if he were serious... pay attention!!!

In the most recent novel he sees a Bowler hat in his teacup and makes a joke about the Minister of Magic job.

Anyone remember it? eek!

sauron
think about it

voldemort is scared of dumbledore....dumbledore comes in....as minister the wizarding world feels all safe and happy.....but if dumbledore is minister...hes going to have to spend time away from hogwarts...dumbledores the only thing stopping voldemort from entering hogwarts...id albus is away voldemort could get access to harry...you cant apperate INTO hogwarts grounds...but you can into hogsmeade....and if you remember there are alot of nifty little passages into hogwarts from there

big grin so what you think of my idea

pixie1
i think that mr weasley will be the minister for magic they will want someone compleatly diffrent from fudge

furious_socks
voldemort 4 minister blink

eezy45
hmmm...
A dementor?

Alar
i think ur v clever sauron.

hv u got JK on the line? mobile

*Danii*
Yeah.
That could happen!!

shaber
I imagine that Voldemort will send the Dementors to attack Hogwarts via a secret passage that they must surely have discovered whilst commissioned there by the ministry in Prisoner of Azkaban. eek! evil face evil face devil However, it is most likely that the DA will repel them.

My first choice for minister would be Dumbledore and my second choice Arthur Weasley. I think that Dumbledore won't leave Hogwarts (because he turned the Minister post down originally for that reason) but remember Ron said; "we have about as much chance of winning the quiidditch cup as dad has of becoming Minister for Magic. And against all the odds, Gryffindor DID win the quidditch cup... so - are we on a roll rolling on floor laughing bunny Happy Dance

Look at it go! big grin

pisces
ARTHUR WEASLY ALL THE WAY...
i think in the two upcoming bookz arthur weasly is going to show his strenths, and people are going to be blown away, in a good way...
it'll be a great turn around for the weaslys, and im sure it'll make many fanz happy...
plus it'll definitly put a face(tho not a happy one) on the malfoyz!!!...I CAN SEE IT NOW big grin

Tela<3sHaldir
Um, Lucis will kill all of the ggoody goodies by casting crucio and watch them jerk around until they bleed internally and die and the first to go would probably be Arthur. Pitty he's kuul.

shaber
I would hope that Arthur Weasley's fortunes pick up in his old age and Lucius Malfoy's decline. Lucius is already in Azkaban, so the latter is on course.

Tela<3sHaldir
Dag it Shaber i haven't read OoTp yet

Alar
WOT!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
OMG!!
go buy it u wierdo!!!
geez!!

j/k, jus hurry up n read it ur so missin out!! and it hurts my feelings that some1 should not hv read it....

PrefectRonnykin
I think Arthur Weasley will become the new minister

Joy2dWorld
Tony Blair? wink

pixie1
they may appoint a muggle born

Candy
Hmm, yeah i thought about it, my first thought was arthur, but i dunno, i dont wanna have it, mayber it'll happen, but i dont wann ahave him become miniyter that easily.
okay, i thought maybe cornelius will do another stupid mistake, which oine will help voldy very much ( i frist thought cornelius would be a death eater, but i dunot thuink anymore...) hes just stupid, so lucius malfoy will take over control... i dunoo how he'll break out of azkaban but he will... and so he`ll help voldy, after the big, scary part maybe dumbledore SHOULD be minister, but he saiys athur should do it!!?

pixie1
arther would have to fight verrrry hard to get the position but i think he deserves it

DanZeke25
the new minister would be..........ME!!!!!!!!!!! nah.... i think it will be arther

angelsflame265
Ok, JKR said herself in an interview that there will be a new Minister of Magic in the next book. Who do you think will get the job?

My bet is on Arthur Wesley. But very losely and its based on something Ron said in the 5th book

Normaly when Ron jokes like this, he end up being right about what ever he was joking about.

Elondra
Yeah i think it'll be Arthur after what happened.

punkyhermy
umm...yeah maybe arthur...

Secosera_TD
Percy... lol

EDIT** now that i thought about it for a whole of 25 seconds, this could be a possiblilty, he is the closest to the current minister atm

frodo_dude
i think it will be definitly madam rosmerta

Secosera_TD
The Three Broomsticks bartender? rofl

frodo_dude
uy guys dont believe me?? huh?? just wait till sixth book!

Tassie~Cyanide~
I think Arthur Weasley'd be great, of course

But what about Lucius? Don't rules him out.. he's got alot of power, still..

angelsflame265
no, he got caught as a deatheater, so now everybody knows that he's evil

Tassie~Cyanide~
*goes off to re-read book*

*has an awful memory embarrasment embarrasment*

angelsflame265
lol i do normaly but i just reread the book

tigress
how about mad eye moody 'rolls around on the floor laughing her butt off'

no seriously I think Arthur Weasley.

Unicor777
MAy No. 1 is:
1. Luciouse Malfloy
2. Mooney
3. Prefered one would be Lupim , remember he is/was the DADA teacher, they need him now more then ever ! *Dark clouds are above Hogwarts with Voldermort raising to power again, stronger then ever, only the one withpower to vanish the Dark Lord can save them* But if he gets appropriate support! Who else then Lupin? When? If not Now!
what u think?

Secosera_TD
Why would Lupin be up as minister? I don't think the magical community of greater Britain would want a Werewolf to run the Ministry of Magic. I don't know why, but I still think it might be Percy, since Crouch is out of the picture, Dumbledore doesn't want the job, and Bagman is in too many black market dealings and gambling debts, leaving Percy who is the closest person to the Minister. I think that Arthur Weasley is just to obvious a choice for minister, while Percy is an adequate candidate that nobody expects, and the goal of most Authors is to want to surprise their audience

Tassie~Cyanide~
Dumbledore might get the offer.. but as expected, he'll turn it down..

Or maybe that's what JK wants us to expect, and considering her previous books, we should never expect what she wants us to expect, or maybe that's another theory-- for us to expect that we shouldn't expect what she wants us to expect... but then, that way, if we don't expect what she expects us not to expect, then we'd just be expecting the expected messed

eek! I'm brilliant!!

but that was off-topic... point is, I don't DD might be Minister..

RebelPhoenix
Lol Tassie, trying to confuse us all with the expectations bit eh messed heheh very good stick out tongue

Personally I think the theories about Arthur and Lucius are good and Percy is a possibilty, Dumbledore I'm not sure about with the nature of conflict between Hogwarts and the Ministry in Book 5 unless of course Voldemort does something public for example and they realise DD and his 'army' aren't lying. A scary thought though, what if the next minister was Umbridge? messed

angelsflame265
I think Percy is to much of a pushover and a suckup to be a minister.

frodo_dude
dont get it embarrasment

frodo_dude
lol

Unicor777
---
With Voldemort on a rise and Dumbeldore refusing to be minister, I'm afraid that the magical community of GB doesn't have much choise, do they? who remains?
1. Percy Weasely is incapable for such task, he just needs a leader to follow, he is that tipe of a person.
2. Artur, is too much amazed with Muggles, and he has no capacity to stand to Voldemort and the death eaters, I mean he can not organize a hunt, and a reisstance. Simply he is first too poor, and too good. If Artur becames a Minister then Moly will rule.
3. Luciouse and Snape are already compromitated for joing Voldemort once, so no one with brain would consent to that choise.
4. Sirius is dead....
So who remains ? Maybe the Half blood prince ?
But Lupin would be good choise given the circumstances:
1. HE is sworn enemy to Voldemort
2. He has Dumbeldore's support
3. He has his "secret" weapon to turn to a Warewolf, and I would like to see a death eater to stand against him when he is a wareworl.
4. He was selected by Dumbeldore to be the DADA teacher, that says something about his capabilities and strenght!

so ... we will see who would be the minister once the book comes out !
PS. Who mentioned that there would be a new minister, or where it is mentioned, cause the only thing I remember is when Prof. Treleway in the 5th book said to Harry that he would be a minister of Magic, but maybe just to piss off Umbridge Dolores !

el-pirate
harry would be a little young to be minister, wouldn't he... and i thought lucius was in prison... so that would be impossible!!
maybe dumbledore can be headmister and minister! i hope lupin or arthur get the job! and then they'll both get paid more, because they're both poor, and then ron doesn't have to be jealous of harry anymore cause then he would have money too! (or maybe ssirius leaves the weasleys some of his money!! sorry, back to topic..)

angelsflame265
no JKR said harry wouldn't be the minister, she said (and i quote) 17 is far to young to enter politics

Scar
Percy Weasly is too young to be a Minister of Magic. Dumbledore never wanted to take this job. Hey! What about Bagman?

Unicor777
Ludo???? I'm afaraid they need someone more seriouse and strong, like Lupin or Snape?

angelsflame265
snape as minister. . . harry would lllllllloooooooooooooove that lol

Unicor777
Why not? Who else knows the Death eaters so well, He would hunt them till the end, and Dumbeldore will have a great deal of influence. And Harry???? Simply will have to live with it, and Snape would restrain him self on harrasing Harry so much , cause his reputation would go down

angelsflame265
i think dumbledore would want to keep him in hogwarts though, i don't know why, just think that snape is going to stay at hogwarts

orlandoOYEA
i think Arthur, still, because of the entire thing wher Ron said "We have as much chance of winning the Quidditch Cup as Dad has of becoming Minister of Magic" and they won and usually when Ron quesses hes right. I dont know though, perhaps just wishful thinking.

Lupin would be a great minister though, imagine what he could do with werewolf legislation. Would love that

Unicor777
me two rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

hotsauce6548
i don't tink it'll be percy. i thnk it'll be arthur weasley.

tigress
indeed you are tassie good point but with the state of things with voldie and his lackies it wouldnt surprise me if it was dumbledore

orient_celts
Oh, I missed that.. yeah, I hope Arthur will get the position.

tigress
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I AM NOT AMUSED SHE DID IT AGAIN
ARTHUR WEASLEY IS NOT GOING TO BE THE NEW MINISTER IF MAGIC DAMN CURSES WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JKR UPDATED FAC ON HER SITE TODAY!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOW IM ****************************

angelsflame265
I KNOW!!!!! *grrrrrrr*

Joy2dWorld
I just saw it too! Yay!

But I still think Arthur Weasley will be Minister-- in book 7! happy

orlandoOYEA
*reads FAQ, shakes head, crawls into corner and cries*

LadySlytherin
when ron grows up, i have a feeling he'll be minister of magic =] and harry will either be an international quidditch player or an auror!

orlandoOYEA
Afterall, Mcgonagal did say if it was the last thing she would do she would train potter to become an Auror smile

LadySlytherin
exactly yes still....i kinda wanted harry and krum to face eachother once in a pro quidditch match : /

orlandoOYEA
That would be fun

megajoint
-------------------
they saw three tall and beautiful veela standing in a clearing, surrounded by
a gaggle of young wizards, all of whom were talking very loudly.
"I pull down about a hundred sacks of Galleons a year!" one of them shouted. "I'm
a dragon killer for the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures."
"No, you're not!" yelled his friend. "You're a dishwasher at the Leaky Cauldron. . .
. but I'm a vampire hunter, I've killed about ninety so far -"
A third young wizard, whose pimples were visible even by the dim, silvery light of
the veela, now cut in, "I'm about to become the youngest ever Minister of Magic, I
am."
Harry snorted with laughter. He recognized the pimply wizard: His name was Stan Shunpike, and he was in fact a conductor on the triple-decker Knight Bus.
--------------------

o.k that "proof".
we should consider him as a MoM possible cendidate in the next book...

and we know j.k rewrote this chapter mannnnnny times...(one of her interviews)
so who with me? big grin

angelsflame265
they were just saying that to impress them

ada
Im sorry megajoint but i have to agree with angelsflame265.

Thats what Men do around Veela! They try to impress them! Even Harry did it at the Quidditch World Cup!! Ha!

I dont think there is anything worth looking deeper into here honey xx

~*~Tassie~*~
laughing out loud^^ yeah lol I hardly doubt Stan Shunpike will become next MoM. I say Mr Weasely, most likely yes

---
"Next Minister" Threads

The next minister?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=298814

Who do you think will become the next minister...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19766

Unicor777
Lupin MoM

tigress
I agree seeing as it's not going to be arthur. cool

tigress
laughing out loud she has done many mad things

Unicor777
Go Lupin ... Go, GO GO

The Alpha
Neither Lupin nor Arthur can be the MoM. Lupin is a werewolf and JK said about Mr. Weasely on her website. Talking about Stan Shunpike as the MoM is nothing less than a good joke i think. I can't remember what became of Crouch senior in the end of 4th book so he can be a candidate. (I need to read the last two books again.) Or Bagman? Isn't he cool for this post?

angelsflame265
ummmm Crouch Jr. hit Crouch with a spell, then turned him into a bone and baried him

DanZeke25
Well theres definately some kind of clue in that chapter but im not sure its that. She did write that chapter a lot of times because she said it was very hard to word it. She said she had to choose wut she wrote very carefully.

ladygrim
erm

DanFan4000
Wait and see....

dark1365
i think Madam Bones will.

angelsflame265
That would be nice. I mean, what we've seen of her so far is good.

DanFan4000
Maybe...

impatientinky
anyone think arthur weasley will ever be MoM? JK answered the question "is arthur weasley going to be the next MoM?" with a "no", but what if there's sort of a temporary MoM after fudge and then comes arthur? not the greatest idea, huh?

Jackie Malfoy
Mr Wesley is rumored to take that part but I can not help wishing that Malfoy gets it.JMwizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.