Aurra Sing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DJ Velocity
I just got the new Aurra Sing figure and it had an info booklet-type thing in it. So I thought I'd share some of this knowledge:

Claiming to have been sold to the Sennex Pirates by the Dark Woman, Aurra was later purchased by Walla the Hutt as a dancing girl. Realizing she would be more valuable as a killer than as a pleasure slave, Walla sent her to be trained as an assassin by the Anzati.

Aurra Sing now employs her prowess and training as a bounty hunter. She despises Jedi and derives pleasure from stalking Force-sensitive prey. Aurra carries a trophy case of several lightsabres as a testament to her skill"

This would explain why she was at the podrace in Ep1 (watch her, she sees all the others fly past but only follows anakin's pod). She must be onto something in Ep1-probably Palpy's payroll.

I don't know whether you all knew this from the DH comics and stuff, but it's for people like me who don't read them.

JediOasis
Yeah, its something we all knew....I think anyways. Anyhoo, I am still wondering why Lucas put her in there at the last moment. She has to serve some sort of purpose in the next two films.

finti
Why? There were ET`s, like th ones in Spielberg`s movie, in the senate. Doesent mean they play parts in EPII or EPIII so it might be with Aurra Sing.

Ushgarak
I'd say it was just a bit odd just to throw her in, but I suppose, what with all the fuss about her, it's easy to forget that she was probably just another 'colourful' charatcer...

Darth Pants
If they wanted to go to town on the whole being able to sense beings strong with the Force thing in Episodes 2 and 3, it would make sense that she was scrutinising (spelling?) Anakin as he passed her vantage point in the podrace. Maybe she's always wanted his head mounted on her wall, and when he returns to Tatooine in Episode 2, she might have a pop.

Ushgarak
Reasonable. We'll have to see if we can get anything more on Force sensing.

JediOasis
As far as the ET thing goes, that was a joke played by the guys ILM. I just don't see the point of giving Aurra Sing this detailed back story if she is to serve no purpose.

DJ Velocity
Thats exactly my point. She has a background and it details her resentment for the Jedi. If GL did not have no BIG part for her, why would he focus so heavily on the fact that she enjoys killing Jedi.

I mean she is a bounty hunter so she will take mainstream jobs but it seems she does the Jedi thing for fun so that is why I think she will be a major character in Ep2.

Darth Pants
What I really don't understand is why she would be out bounty hunting on Tatooine. I was under the impression, from what I'd read, that the Tatooine scenes would only see the introduction of C3PO and the Lars family and death of Shmi and a few Tusken Raiders. I don't see why Darth Sidious/Tyrannus would know of Padme or Anakin being there and have bounty hunters waiting for them.

Ushgarak
There is probably no logical reason for her to be there. Of course, with a plot 'force' (no pun intended) you can do anything...

Dim
I think she was put there so that GL could use her in the next films IF he wants to..though it doesn't seem like he's made up his mind at this point.

DJ Velocity
Wasn't she supposed to be looking for a self-exiled Jedi called Sharad Hett? He apparently lives amongst the tuskens on Tattoine. Maybe she felt like watching the big Boonta Eve race and then realised Anakin's potential when she saw the race. I don't know.

finti
I still think people put way too much into this Aurra Sing
caracter`s apperance in EPII if any apperance at all.JMHO

Dim
Most likely she was as important as the ETs...

darth fester
on the subject of the ets ive also heard that indiana jones is in episode 1 but i aint seen him
could any one enlighten me on this

Ushgarak
It's not actually IJ, but you are meant to be able to see someone wearing his gear during the Podrace. Haven't actually seen him myself yet, though- freeze-frame time, I think...

DarhJin
I think GL does indeed have plans for the lady. Otherwise why would there be figures and EU books for a caracter that was only in TPM for a few seconds. I do believe that she will play an important role in the next two films. The story arcs are unlimited. If not, she's the most popular bounty hunter in the SW universe if she can be on screen 3-5 seconds, say nothing and find a following. I think it would be intresting to bring her into the mix. Well just my opinion I guess.

DaghJin

JediOasis
I think she will be the one who eventually kills Padme, or maybe just helps Palpatine and Vader hunt down the Jedi.

Ushgarak
Mind you, the fact that she was only in shot for two seconds would not stop the EU making a twelve-part series out of her.

Lord Soth
2nd thread EVER!!!!!

steely balls
yay

HockeyHorror
impossible

lol laughing out loud

Darth Revan
holy shit... Cool though cool happy

Alpha Centauri
Edit: For some reason KMC keeps posting my posts in the wrong forums. Gonna have to talk to Raz about this.

-AC

overlord
Good thing that you signed that post. I just might have considered stealing it!

lord xyz
This thread was wrote 2 months before the preceding thread.

queeq
Who dug up this old fossil?

SpaceMonkey
They could have gone in such a cool direction with the prequels if they intergrated Bounty Hunters moreso, including Sing.

sweersa
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
They could have gone in such a cool direction with the prequels if they intergrated Bounty Hunters moreso, including Sing.

Moreso?

Do I smell EU?

SpaceMonkey
No, not necesarilly EU. For example, if they had used RotS as a way to introduce the Empire's willingness to use BHs it would have been a good bridge to ESB. Having already used Jango as the Clone template, but having been killed by the time Order 66 happens, Palpatine could have used other BHs to lead Clonetroopers against Jedi. Aurra Sing, a young Boba perhaps, Bosk, Zuckus... whatever. Would have been kinda cool.

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
Moreso?

Do I smell EU?

Sing is canon... she's in TPM.

Lord Knightfa11
does this make the dark woman canon as well? or quinlan? a thread about her will only lead to more eu....

AND MOVING!!

Jovan
the dark woman is only in comics I believe, I'm not sure if Quinlan is in the novel.

SpaceMonkey
At least Quinlan Vos in mentioned in Revenge of the Sith.

~JP~
Originally posted by queeq
Who dug up this old fossil?

An idiot with nothing better to do. no expression

queeq
A true word.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.